Author Topic: Clive Dixon on Disorder  (Read 8748 times)

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Clive Dixon on Disorder
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2022, 02:43:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
who cares what people wear lol
[close]
Because skateboarding is not the NBA and their aren't uniforms and your image is one of the only way a skater can brand or market themselves to make money. You're creating a legacy. It is visual art. Do you want to be remembered as someone like Heath or Nyjah? This shit is important.
[close]

Do you think people like Heath Kirchart for the way he dresses? I don't even know where to begin. That's why you kids are fucked. Tom Penny's 5 clips he just dropped was better then anything Nyjah will ever do.
[close]

Yes! Heath always had a stylish guy vibe. From the flowy red button down on el torro to the all white retirement video. Yes his tricks were sick but he also looked really good doing them. He didn’t seem like a dirty skate rat. Like he showered before and after a session. I think that was part of his appeal.

Tom penny is just being himself. But his look is original and stands out. He’s easily identifiable and copied
[close]

Heath is a particularly funny choice here, because yeah, you're talking about the skater who filmed a part in all white and who was constantly photographed skating the gnarliest shit in a collared shirt or sweater.

I'm talking about Heath who said "how can I stand out with a gimmick maybe if I wear all white? No fuck that I'm leaving skateboarding"

The man literally quit skating to not have to deal with fashion or gimmicks.

He was a gnarly skater it doesn't matter what he's wearing but you like remember him because of his Collared Shirts.

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2022, 06:26:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

It's funny, none of his outfits ever made me go eww. It's more the fact that he doesn't have his own style.

Some clips he looks like a Alabama hick, other times a Heath ripoff. One minute the hair is long, the next it's shaved.

I feel like the really marketable skaters have their own thing going on, such that you can always tell its them in the clip. I tend to know it's Clive because it's a crazy trick done by someone I (think I) don't know.
[close]

Yes that is known as a haircut
[close]

Ahhh, okay, this is making sense.

What about the other way, when it goes from short to long?

Hair extensions
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2022, 02:32:07 PM »
Unpopular opinion,

Always been Team Clive. 100% more after reading his recent Thrasher Interview especially the part about why he quit birdhouse. We have enough fashionistas in skating refreshing to see a soul like Clive still marching on

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2022, 02:34:31 PM »
Unpopular opinion,

Always been Team Clive. 100% more after reading his recent Thrasher Interview especially the part about why he quit birdhouse. We have enough fashionistas in skating refreshing to see a soul like Clive still marching on

Agreed, what else can you really ask for?  The stuff people criticize him for is kind of silly.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2022, 02:41:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Unpopular opinion,

[close]

Agreed, what else can you really ask for?  The stuff people criticize him for is kind of silly.
Yes Sir. I prefer 1 Clive over 10 supreme/fa dudes. And I love Fucking Awesome by the way, Supreme not so much

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2022, 03:14:08 PM »
Unpopular opinion,

What would give you the impression that this is an unpopular opinion?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2022, 03:48:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Unpopular opinion,

[close]

www.slapmagazine.com

Looks at a few posts up talking shit his hair. Who hasn’t had a hair crisis ?!

quackquack

• Rep: -379
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2022, 05:41:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Unpopular opinion,

[close]

[close]
www.slapmagazine.com

Saying someone's dress/hair style is sporadic and (assuming) hard to market isn't the same as talking shit.

NahIMean?

I've had my fair share of weird hair moments too - cornrows straight into a Taxidriver mohawk.

The fashionista stick is getting old, definitely agree there.
Oh, the places you'll go.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2022, 05:45:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Unpopular opinion,

[close]

[close]
www.slapmagazine.com

[close]

Saying someone's dress/hair style is sporadic and (assuming) hard to market isn't the same as talking shit.

NahIMean?

I've had my fair share of weird hair moments too - cornrows straight into a Taxidriver mohawk.

and you still have the confidence to comment on no jive clive’s fits of choice. incredible

quackquack

• Rep: -379
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2022, 06:24:13 PM »
Expand Quote

NahIMean?

[close]

and you still have the confidence to comment on no jive clive’s fits of choice. incredible

Yup, seeing how I was in middle school at the time.

Lol at No Jive Clive, that name could help blast him into street league territory.

Oh, the places you'll go.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2022, 07:13:23 PM »
Makes sense, bad taste all around.

I assumed he was done as a pro.  Very happy to see Clive getting paid.  Read the Thrasher interview and he seems comfortable with his lane in skateboarding and embracing the Jah.  Good for him

*Sizzla comes in, (translation) Did someone say Jah

Retire? He put out a super gnarly part not too long ago and hasn’t been injured. Hes a work horse and deserves a paycheck.

Maybe it has something to do with personality/attitude, that or clothing decisions.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2022, 08:23:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Because skateboarding is not the NBA and their aren't uniforms and your image is one of the only way a skater can brand or market themselves to make money. You're creating a legacy. It is visual art. Do you want to be remembered as someone like Heath or Nyjah? This shit is important.
[close]

Do you think people like Heath Kirchart for the way he dresses? I don't even know where to begin. That's why you kids are fucked. Tom Penny's 5 clips he just dropped was better then anything Nyjah will ever do.
[close]

Yes! Heath always had a stylish guy vibe. From the flowy red button down on el torro to the all white retirement video. Yes his tricks were sick but he also looked really good doing them. He didn’t seem like a dirty skate rat. Like he showered before and after a session. I think that was part of his appeal.

Tom penny is just being himself. But his look is original and stands out. He’s easily identifiable and copied
[close]

Heath is a particularly funny choice here, because yeah, you're talking about the skater who filmed a part in all white and who was constantly photographed skating the gnarliest shit in a collared shirt or sweater.
[close]

I'm talking about Heath who said "how can I stand out with a gimmick maybe if I wear all white? No fuck that I'm leaving skateboarding"

He was a gnarly skater it doesn't matter what he's wearing but you like remember him because of his Collared Shirts.
He didn’t outright quit skating. I saw him skating two days ago in Santa Monica. He even had a nice shirt on
fuck you bama

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2022, 08:51:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
He didn’t outright quit skating. I saw him skating two days ago in Santa Monica. He even had a nice shirt on

What? He said he was near the end of being able to preform at level he’s happy with and didn’t want to hang around milking it.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2022, 08:57:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What are we talking here, Off-White? Yves Saint Laurent? Rip N Dip?

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2022, 09:35:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

What are we talking here, Off-White? Yves Saint Laurent? Rip N Dip?
Dark blue flannel looking shirt. Sleeves rolled up. It was at the courthouse. Not really a spot I’d expect him to be skating

@TwisT I’m pretty sure that’s why he stopped skating professionally. The slams he took were brutal. Every once in a while I hear of someone catching him skating in public. This is the first time I’d ever seen him skating
fuck you bama

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2022, 09:45:56 PM »
I like Heath Kirchart because he wears Hook Ups shirts and those are got sick pictures of chicks on em and that is cool
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Resident Jeff

• Rep: 20
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2022, 10:31:49 PM »
figureitout = FASHIONISTA
And Nick Cave is sooo overrated. The people I know who rep him hardcore complete tools & pretentious so makes complete sense why you hate on Clive Dixon

Woah now, let’s not drag Nick Cave into this. The man’s got enough on his plate.
Reschs Refreshes

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2022, 10:38:23 PM »
I like Heath Kirchart because he wears Hook Ups shirts and those are got sick pictures of chicks on em and that is cool
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2022, 04:38:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

What? He said he was near the end of being able to preform at level he’s happy with and didn’t want to hang around milking it.

Quit being a paid professional.

Retired from a professional skateboarding career.

Said "No" free money.

Gino has had more clips out in the last decade then Heath.

"What? He said he was near the end of being able to preform at level he’s happy with and didn’t want to hang around milking it."

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2022, 04:42:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That’s the thing. Heath had clearly visible personality and style without resorting to gimmicks, Clive doesn’t. That’s ok but it makes Clive less memorable. He really does look like “average someone” doing gnarly shit. I like gnarly shit but I prefer people who rip (a little less?) with personality and style that I like. For me skateboarding never was about being the best.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2022, 04:45:08 AM »
Lol at Clive not having an “identity”.

Wtf he’s been rocking the same Midwest skinnish punk/rock outfits for ages.
Yeah ok sometimes he switched from all black to jeans and a colored hat.. Sheeesh sometimes he also dared to go from long hair to a buzz cut!

Maybe it’s just not your aesthetics and it’s fine but some of you are just typing bullshit.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2022, 05:07:28 AM »
Lol at Clive not having an “identity”.

Wtf he’s been rocking the same Midwest skinnish punk/rock outfits for ages.
Yeah ok sometimes he switched from all black to jeans and a colored hat.. Sheeesh sometimes he also dared to go from long hair to a buzz cut!

Maybe it’s just not your aesthetics and it’s fine but some of you are just typing bullshit.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2022, 05:43:00 AM »
Heath didn’t have personality lol literally played the mysterious guy his whole career. Clive just smiles too much.  But really he done some tricks heath would have never stepped to

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2022, 12:57:06 PM »
clive also has some of the worst music selection in the history of skateboarding

YMCMB

• Rep: 50
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2022, 02:12:54 PM »
I feel like Matt Berger will goto Disorder aswell.

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2022, 02:33:28 PM »
anyone talking about clothes and haircuts is under 18

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2022, 02:41:49 PM »
I should give Nigel a hand full of ripping minced black metal. Just put a nail in crust punk.

Salem is fucked. I walked out my front door and there was a high fashion shoot or something going on. The models gasped and swooned at the sight of real black acrilic coated filth.

Stud count is high af with this one.

I throw down my skate and I don't give it a second glance. Head to the store. On my way back I see max max and his motley crew are doing the thriller dance.

All I can think about is harmony tapdance in corpse paint and frickin troll hair. Lol. That's disorder.

Salem is too much man

It's like a bacvvm cleaner for soccer moms who want to be like Rob Halford
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

cky enthusiast

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2022, 04:06:01 PM »

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2022, 04:39:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Imagine Nyjah Huston being your boss.
[close]

Yeah it'd be fuckin sick. Get driven round in his sick whips, party, skate, probably get heaps herpes of and free Nike gear.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2022, 05:20:41 PM »
clive also has some of the worst music selection in the history of skateboarding
Skating to "Creep" was so fuckin sick hahahaha. What a move.