Author Topic: Clive Dixon on Disorder  (Read 8747 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
Clive Dixon on Disorder
« on: September 29, 2022, 09:11:45 AM »
Has this been discussed here? I don’t really care much one way or the other who he skates for, but I read his interview in Thrasher this morning and figured some people here would be interested.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

I_Respect_Wood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
Re: Clive Dixon on Disorder
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 09:38:51 AM »
Has this been discussed here? I don’t really care much one way or the other who he skates for, but I read his interview in Thrasher this morning and figured some people here would be interested.

You already posted what everyone will post.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

IpathCats

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 09:45:09 AM »
Disorder seems like a good fit. Not that cool, but very good at skateboarding.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 09:47:49 AM »
Well deserved Clive is gnarly

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 10:15:12 AM »
Clive deserved better but I hope he’s getting a check. He deserves a check

thunderskater2805

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 10:29:15 AM »
Clive deserved better but I hope he’s getting a check. He deserves a check

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 10:42:52 AM »
I assumed he was done as a pro.  Very happy to see Clive getting paid.  Read the Thrasher interview and he seems comfortable with his lane in skateboarding and embracing the Jah.  Good for him

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 11:01:53 AM »
so whos on birdhouse?

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2022, 11:21:58 AM »
Great he didn't retire, dude's one of my favorites. Deserves better though

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 11:43:52 AM »
History will judge us for how we treated Clive Dixon.

The man nose blunted Staples Center.

In the early 2000s he'd be put up there with Heath and Rowley but you fucks bought F.A DECKS and now Jason Dill has his own epicly latered.

I'm going to watch that Prine part now

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 11:52:44 AM »
so whos on birdhouse?

I doubt Birdhouse would let Jaws and/or Lizzie go. Probably their biggest names in board sales aside from the Hawk Man.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2022, 12:00:54 PM »
so whos on birdhouse?

Hawk, Sloan, Lizzie, Jaws, Felipe, Hale, Clint, DLoy, & Reese Sulk, still a decent crew. but could use some new umph. I feel like Lizzie, felipe and Sloan are carrying the roster in terms of relevancy. Jaws has been hurt for a minute.

Despite the kookiness of the brand, disorder has a solid team with Clive, Roos, Nyjah, Alex Sorgente, and Domo. All the videos are sick. It's a good change for Clive. Birdhouse is one of my favorite brands, but he'll probably get more shine on Disorder.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2022, 12:01:41 PM »
crazy he was on vans flow after he did that blunt on clipper and the thrasher cover.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2022, 12:10:02 PM »
Expand Quote
so whos on birdhouse?
[close]

Hawk, Sloan, Lizzie, Jaws, Felipe, Hale, Clint, DLoy, & Reese Sulk, still a decent crew. but could use some new umph. I feel like Lizzie, felipe and Sloan are carrying the roster in terms of relevancy. Jaws has been hurt for a minute.

Despite the kookiness of the brand, disorder has a solid team with Clive, Roos, Nyjah, Alex Sorgente, and Domo. All the videos are sick. It's a good change for Clive. Birdhouse is one of my favorite brands, but he'll probably get more shine on Disorder.

I agree. Clive fit Birdhouse, but he needs a place to shine. I kinda of low key hoped he was going to follow Raybourne to Metal Skateboards.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2022, 01:00:30 PM »
Retire? He put out a super gnarly part not too long ago and hasn’t been injured. Hes a work horse and deserves a paycheck.

Mitch Brenner

• Rep: -14
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2022, 01:09:49 PM »
Think the retirement talk stems from someone DM'ing him like a man while he was hurt and Clive responded or maybe even posted about taking it easy and having fun skating these days. Glad he's getting paid, he did get a bad rep from KOTR with Clint but god damn does he rip.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2022, 01:14:12 PM »
Think the retirement talk stems from someone DM'ing him like a man while he was hurt and Clive responded or maybe even posted about taking it easy and having fun skating these days. Glad he's getting paid, he did get a bad rep from KOTR with Clint but god damn does he rip.

That was me, haha. It was when I was drunk on my birthday. But all and all, if he can get some money from Jah, go for it Clive. Big fan right here.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2022, 01:44:31 PM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2022, 01:53:06 PM »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2022, 01:56:31 PM »
Expand Quote
so whos on birdhouse?
[close]

Despite the kookiness of the brand, disorder has a solid team with Clive, Roos, Nyjah, Alex Sorgente, and Domo. All the videos are sick. It's a good change for Clive.
All one of their video(s)?

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2022, 02:26:15 PM »
Agree Clive has been done dirty by the industry.  Everyone knows its kinda fucked up he doesnt have a shoe by 90s standards re: spots and gnar, but game has changed and no one’s willing to put him on.  He should be on Fallen at the very least!  He has said no to cariuma I suppose, which is admirable.  He is a full sender through and through.  Nyjah’s audience will love him as a principal sender in Jah’s wily band of street pirates.  Dude should be a massive star in my opinion, maybe this helps him to some of his flowers, at least on social media/$ side

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2022, 02:31:15 PM »
dude huffed and puffed about having to wear a mask to come inside my local shop in late 2020.

when you wonder why no one fucks with him,
think further than his skating ability - guy’s a dumbass who no one wants sitting next to them in the van
aint nobody gonna tell me what to do 8) 8) 8) 8)

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2022, 02:47:35 PM »
Glad he ended up somewhere . That mask Shit is lame but that’s just Midwest mentality . Everyone in the flyover states comes from stupidity. Real question is Blake carpenter on? Also crazy that Nyjah hasn’t put on any of his party homies yet. Where dloy, chase Webb and their mascot sinner?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

quackquack

• Rep: -379
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2022, 02:55:07 PM »
dude huffed and puffed about having to wear a mask to come inside my local shop in late 2020.

think further than his skating ability - guy’s a dumbass who no one wants sitting next to them in the van

Ahhh, the Jah connection starting to make more sense.

Dude is fucking gnarly, but his terrible fits that are constantly changing just don't scream marketable to me. It's hard to see a clip of him and know right away it's Clive.

Bummer though, because he really has done some amazing tricks.
Oh, the places you'll go.

grassblade

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2022, 02:59:44 PM »
Agree Clive has been done dirty by the industry.

the entire Vans team voted “no” on him

that’s not being done dirty
that’s called “no one likes you as a person”

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2022, 03:11:05 PM »
Glad he ended up somewhere . That mask Shit is lame but that’s just Midwest mentality . Everyone in the flyover states comes from stupidity. Real question is Blake carpenter on? Also crazy that Nyjah hasn’t put on any of his party homies yet. Where dloy, chase Webb and their mascot sinner?
in a recent mag it said that he quit toy to ride for disorder & then changed his mind and passed on a coveted spot. it also says “where will he ultimately end up? wonder if john marello has any ideas?” he’s the crailtap filmer so maybe girl/chocolate? he’s been skating baker boards in his recent posts though.
Retire? He put out a super gnarly part not too long ago and hasn’t been injured. Hes a work horse and deserves a paycheck.
he’s actually injured right now. he broke his foot skating this giant hubba in la and had to get surgery. apparently he has the majority of a part filmed though so that will probably come out sometime soonish as a disorder “welcome part” i assume along with his board which will obviously have a great graphic from what we’ve seen thus far…  :D nah but good for him he’s getting paid again, mask thing is weak though. he’ll always have the birdhouse jock stigma behind him for how he acted in saturdays & on kotr… being on nyjah’s brand certainly won’t help with that. in the interview photos his pants seem to have loosened a bit as well which is good. those painted on pants were always one of my biggest problems with his skating.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2022, 03:13:33 PM »

That's Florida thinking right there. In a Thrasher section, it asked why he moved back to Florida and his answer was "Freedom...unlike under Newsom (CA Gov)."

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2022, 03:15:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ahhh, the Jah connection starting to make more sense.

Dude is fucking gnarly, but his terrible fits that are constantly changing just don't scream marketable to me. It's hard to see a clip of him and know right away it's Clive.

Bummer though, because he really has done some amazing tricks.

Clive did noseblunt on staples but his pants were too tight for you?

What FIT would you have him wear to make him marketable?

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2022, 03:16:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's Florida thinking right there. In a Thrasher section, it asked why he moved back to Florida and his answer was "Freedom...unlike under Newsom (CA Gov)."

Lol he fits the brand so well.  That’s incredibly stupid of Clive but I still like him

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2022, 03:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Agree Clive has been done dirty by the industry.
[close]

the entire Vans team voted “no” on him

that’s not being done dirty
that’s called “no one likes you as a person”

Bro Vans got rid of Johnny Layton right before the video came out but kept Daniel Lutheran on? Vans has Kyle Walker and Elijah Berle PRO MODEL SHOES.

Vans doesn't know what the fuck there doing and is the last place Clive needs to be.