Author Topic: Clive Dixon on Disorder  (Read 8804 times)

yungthug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
Re: Clive Dixon on Disorder
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2022, 03:21:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Glad he ended up somewhere . That mask Shit is lame but that’s just Midwest mentality . Everyone in the flyover states comes from stupidity. Real question is Blake carpenter on? Also crazy that Nyjah hasn’t put on any of his party homies yet. Where dloy, chase Webb and their mascot sinner?
[close]

That's Florida thinking right there. In a Thrasher section, it asked why he moved back to Florida and his answer was "Freedom...unlike under Newsom (CA Gov)."
[close]

Lol he fits the brand so well.  That’s incredibly stupid of Clive but I still like him
Orange County, California (Nyjah land) is the Florida of SoCal in terms of right-wing nutjobs, so maybe an easier adjustment than one would think?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2022, 03:24:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Glad he ended up somewhere . That mask Shit is lame but that’s just Midwest mentality . Everyone in the flyover states comes from stupidity. Real question is Blake carpenter on? Also crazy that Nyjah hasn’t put on any of his party homies yet. Where dloy, chase Webb and their mascot sinner?
[close]

That's Florida thinking right there. In a Thrasher section, it asked why he moved back to Florida and his answer was "Freedom...unlike under Newsom (CA Gov)."
I think it’s just any red state mentality these days. But yeah I don’t blame him. If you’re getting paid enough to live in California comfortably you’d live like a king in most of Florida .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

work_lurker

• Rep: 69
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2022, 03:30:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Agree Clive has been done dirty by the industry.
[close]

the entire Vans team voted “no” on him

that’s not being done dirty
that’s called “no one likes you as a person”

Including Lizzie?! Was Lizzie's denial the straw that broke the Bird's back?
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2022, 04:09:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

the entire Vans team voted “no” on him

that’s not being done dirty
that’s called “no one likes you as a person”
[close]

Bro Vans got rid of Johnny Layton right before the video came out but kept Daniel Lutheran on? Vans has Kyle Walker and Elijah Berle PRO MODEL SHOES.

Vans doesn't know what the fuck there doing and is the last place Clive needs to be.

To be fair, they gave Walker his shoe as his push for his SOTY run.

Also, they pulled Berle's pro model this year as he never skated the damn things—always filmed/shot wearing authentics/eras.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2022, 04:30:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think it’s just any red state mentality these days. But yeah I don’t blame him. If you’re getting paid enough to live in California comfortably you’d live like a king in most of Florida .

There are a few big pros who seem to be living in Florida and I imagine this is one of the reasons why.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

work_lurker

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2022, 04:40:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

There are a few big pros who seem to be living in Florida and I imagine this is one of the reasons why.

If you can look past the hurricanes periodically destroying your property, home prices are pretty damn reasonable there.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2022, 05:11:05 PM »
Imagine Nyjah Huston being your boss.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2022, 05:20:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Doesn’t that one manager guy get pros to incorporate in Florida for tax reasons? I seem to remember a check on here from DC shoes getting paid to Chris cole llc with a Florida address.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2022, 05:36:49 PM »

Yeah it'd be fuckin sick. Get driven round in his sick whips, party, skate, probably get heaps of free Nike gear.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2022, 05:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

If you can look past the hurricanes periodically destroying your property, home prices are pretty damn reasonable there.

Blake Carpenter moved back for that reason. Got to buy a house in his hometown. Fabiana Delfino as well.

If they can buy a house with skateboarding money, good on them.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2022, 07:18:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Blake Carpenter moved back for that reason. Got to buy a house in his hometown. Fabiana Delfino as well.

Exactly. I cannot blame them at all, who could? Once you’re at a certain level, the opportunity costs of living in California are just nil now, with social media and killer skateparks everywhere. I bet we will see big names pick up and set up a home in Miami - that’s the case in literally every other sport.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2022, 07:46:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Exactly. I cannot blame them at all, who could? Once you’re at a certain level, the opportunity costs of living in California are just nil now, with social media and killer skateparks everywhere. I bet we will see big names pick up and set up a home in Miami - that’s the case in literally every other sport.
i can see a lot of pros continuing to move to texas/austin as well. figgys in austin and neen in dfw. it makes a lot of sense for those types of older guy rail/gap skaters in the sense that everything gets blown out in socal rather quickly & the majority of pros live out there, especially younger ones. so with the younger dudes like foy & hoban out there it’s obviously got to be really tough to get an nbd or something shocking or clip/ad worthy. figgy moving to austin & having a change of scenery has made his clips a lot more refreshing while not having watered them down. i honestly hope more socal pros move around & continue to blow up scenes in different states/hook up younger guys who don’t have a california connection or a way of getting their name out.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

quackquack

• Rep: -404
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2022, 10:31:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dude huffed and puffed about having to wear a mask to come inside my local shop in late 2020.

when you wonder why no one fucks with him,
think further than his skating ability - guy’s a dumbass who no one wants sitting next to them in the van
[close]

Ahhh, the Jah connection starting to make more sense.

Dude is fucking gnarly, but his terrible fits that are constantly changing just don't scream marketable to me. It's hard to see a clip of him and know right away it's Clive.

Bummer though, because he really has done some amazing tricks.
[close]

Clive did noseblunt on staples but his pants were too tight for you?

What FIT would you have him wear to make him marketable?

It's funny, none of his outfits ever made me go eww. It's more the fact that he doesn't have his own style.

Some clips he looks like a Alabama hick, other times a Heath ripoff. One minute the hair is long, the next it's shaved.

I feel like the really marketable skaters have their own thing going on, such that you can always tell its them in the clip. I tend to know it's Clive because it's a crazy trick done by someone I (think I) don't know.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2022, 10:58:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dude huffed and puffed about having to wear a mask to come inside my local shop in late 2020.

think further than his skating ability - guy’s a dumbass who no one wants sitting next to them in the van
[close]

Dude is fucking gnarly, but his terrible fits that are constantly changing just don't scream marketable to me. It's hard to see a clip of him and know right away it's Clive.

[close]

[close]

It's funny, none of his outfits ever made me go eww. It's more the fact that he doesn't have his own style.

Some clips he looks like a Alabama hick, other times a Heath ripoff. One minute the hair is long, the next it's shaved.

I feel like the really marketable skaters have their own thing going on, such that you can always tell its them in the clip. I tend to know it's Clive because it's a crazy trick done by someone I (think I) don't know.

Yes that is known as a haircut

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2022, 11:14:47 PM »
who cares what people wear lol

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2022, 11:22:47 PM »
Because skateboarding is not the NBA and their aren't uniforms and your image is one of the only way a skater can brand or market themselves to make money. You're creating a legacy. It is visual art. Do you want to be remembered as someone like Heath or Nyjah? This shit is important.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2022, 11:37:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Because skateboarding is not the NBA and their aren't uniforms and your image is one of the only way a skater can brand or market themselves to make money. You're creating a legacy. It is visual art. Do you want to be remembered as someone like Heath or Nyjah? This shit is important.
skateboarding is definitely the nba youre crazy

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2022, 12:11:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

yuck, you've definitely lost the plot homie

Ghost Face

• Rep: 108
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2022, 04:21:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Doesn’t that one manager guy get pros to incorporate in Florida for tax reasons? I seem to remember a check on here from DC shoes getting paid to Chris cole llc with a Florida address.

Pretty sure they were/are all managed by Ryan over at TheBoardR (or at least got some help from him along the way).

Chris was "Cobra Cole Inc" on that payroll sheet, IIRC. we really should of saved that thread somewhere. Was eye opening .
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2022, 04:42:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you think people like Heath Kirchart for the way he dresses? I don't even know where to begin. That's why you kids are fucked. Tom Penny's 5 clips he just dropped was better then anything Nyjah will ever do.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2022, 06:20:20 AM »
Goodcurbs is phrasing it as strangely as usual, but he's not wrong, and Clive even says as much in Thrasher this month. People told him how he needed to market himself but he just wasn't willing to do it and his career suffered for it.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2022, 06:35:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Do you think people like Heath Kirchart for the way he dresses? I don't even know where to begin. That's why you kids are fucked. Tom Penny's 5 clips he just dropped was better then anything Nyjah will ever do.

Yes! Heath always had a stylish guy vibe. From the flowy red button down on el torro to the all white retirement video. Yes his tricks were sick but he also looked really good doing them. He didn’t seem like a dirty skate rat. Like he showered before and after a session. I think that was part of his appeal.

Tom penny is just being himself. But his look is original and stands out. He’s easily identifiable and copied

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2022, 06:45:15 AM »
Expand Quote
so whos on birdhouse?
[close]

Hawk, Sloan, Lizzie, Jaws, Felipe, Hale, Clint, DLoy, & Reese Sulk, still a decent crew. but could use some new umph. I feel like Lizzie, felipe and Sloan are carrying the roster in terms of relevancy. Jaws has been hurt for a minute.

Despite the kookiness of the brand, disorder has a solid team with Clive, Roos, Nyjah, Alex Sorgente, and Domo. All the videos are sick. It's a good change for Clive. Birdhouse is one of my favorite brands, but he'll probably get more shine on Disorder.

??? disorder vid was sick?  ;D

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2022, 06:52:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Yes! Heath always had a stylish guy vibe. From the flowy red button down on el torro to the all white retirement video. Yes his tricks were sick but he also looked really good doing them. He didn’t seem like a dirty skate rat. Like he showered before and after a session. I think that was part of his appeal.

Tom penny is just being himself. But his look is original and stands out. He’s easily identifiable and copied

Heath is a particularly funny choice here, because yeah, you're talking about the skater who filmed a part in all white and who was constantly photographed skating the gnarliest shit in a collared shirt or sweater.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2022, 06:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah it'd be fuckin sick. Get driven round in his sick whips, party, skate, probably get heaps of free Nike gear.

Would probably send you an invoice for all the cocaine the morning after tho

work_lurker

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2022, 12:01:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
i can see a lot of pros continuing to move to texas/austin as well. figgys in austin and neen in dfw. it makes a lot of sense for those types of older guy rail/gap skaters in the sense that everything gets blown out in socal rather quickly & the majority of pros live out there, especially younger ones. so with the younger dudes like foy & hoban out there it’s obviously got to be really tough to get an nbd or something shocking or clip/ad worthy. figgy moving to austin & having a change of scenery has made his clips a lot more refreshing while not having watered them down. i honestly hope more socal pros move around & continue to blow up scenes in different states/hook up younger guys who don’t have a california connection or a way of getting their name out.

When the hell did Figgy move to Austin? He lives in Vista and is neighbors with Collin.

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2022, 03:24:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Clive is gnarly no doubt, maybe he's a kook, but lately a lot of pros are kooks... The main takeaway is that the list of skaters done dirty by "the industry" is too long.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2022, 09:16:06 PM »
Not surprised. What skills but idk. I would rather never get on anything in my life than ride for the football team.

I'm a fucking artist
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2022, 11:25:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

When the hell did Figgy move to Austin? He lives in Vista and is neighbors with Collin.
about a year ago or so, maybe longer. watch his last 2 parts or just look at his instagram, he moved to austin.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

quackquack

• Rep: -404
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2022, 11:58:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes that is known as a haircut

Ahhh, okay, this is making sense.

What about the other way, when it goes from short to long?
Oh, the places you'll go.