Author Topic: Asics Skateboarding  (Read 35887 times)

Grand Saber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Asics Skateboarding
« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2023, 04:00:36 PM »
On instagram they confirmed a July 7th launch in skate shops for those who are curious

IpathCats

« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2023, 04:07:10 PM »
On instagram they confirmed a July 7th launch in skate shops for those who are curious

Thanks, deleted IG a little while ago. I appreciate this info.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #212 on: June 07, 2023, 04:37:26 PM »
hopefully they put out some good videos or have something of substance to offer, because the shoes aren’t really cutting it, i can’t see this taking off

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #213 on: June 07, 2023, 04:54:58 PM »
hopefully they put out some good videos or have something of substance to offer, because the shoes aren’t really cutting it, i can’t see this taking off

I've been skating the Japan S and it's a really good cupsole. Often when someone sends me something to try I skate them a few times and report back then move on to something I had planned to skate. These ones actually became my regular skate shoes because I like them so much.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2023, 07:30:47 PM »
I know a few people that got flowed Nikes for a while and now are on the ASICS flow and they all prefer the latter. Basically better boardfeel both out of the box and overall, less bulky of a shoe, great grip, and some prefer the flick.

Given the current state of the "core" skate market and only NB bringing newer tech to the table ASICS has a prime opportunity to swoop in.

ASS FAULT

• Rep: -32
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2023, 01:02:42 AM »
That's right, I forgot skateboarding became a sport...

Grand Saber

« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2023, 01:40:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been skating the Japan S and it's a really good cupsole. Often when someone sends me something to try I skate them a few times and report back then move on to something I had planned to skate. These ones actually became my regular skate shoes because I like them so much.
Because I've been wanting pair of Asics for quite a while now, I gotta ask how do you feel the shoes will fair up for impact? I'm getting frustrated by other brands either getting rid of shoes that felt good for impact support while looking pretty good (i.e. Spanky G6)

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2023, 07:40:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

those are the dunk looking ones? those and the model on bottom right are the only ones that look decent to me. the rest are just passable or actively ugly. the whole rollout of the asics skateboarding program feels like a careless corpo money grab. like the presentation of those shoes with the decks with SKATEBOARDING griptape just looks really unappealing.

Given the current state of the "core" skate market and only NB bringing newer tech to the table ASICS has a prime opportunity to swoop in.
the tech that asics is swooping in with

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2023, 07:43:35 AM »
Recently got a pair of the Japan S after seeing someone skating a pair and talking to them about them. havent skated em yet but so far they feel pretty comfy straight out the box. anybody who's skated a pair have a review?
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #219 on: June 08, 2023, 07:54:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Was vacationing in Tokyo and took this photo of the wall at Asics store in Harajuku

[close]

I feel like they need a skate only logo moving forward. I like the smaller one on the green shoe but they gotta work on that cause that weird ass line logo is gonna get annoying to design around quick.
That smaller one looks like the Reebok logo to me and I can’t unsee it

IpathCats

« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2023, 12:27:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was vacationing in Tokyo and took this photo of the wall at Asics store in Harajuku

[close]

I feel like they need a skate only logo moving forward. I like the smaller one on the green shoe but they gotta work on that cause that weird ass line logo is gonna get annoying to design around quick.
[close]

it def does haha

doesnt bother me though

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -48
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2023, 12:56:48 PM »
white and greens on the bottom right corner look nice imo

LebowskisRug

« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2023, 01:09:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
those are the dunk looking ones? those and the model on bottom right are the only ones that look decent to me. the rest are just passable or actively ugly. the whole rollout of the asics skateboarding program feels like a careless corpo money grab. like the presentation of those shoes with the decks with SKATEBOARDING griptape just looks really unappealing.

Expand Quote
[close]

Yah these are ugly as fuck, hopefully they fade away. My point was that they have the knowedge inside the company since they make good running shoes they just have to not be as bad as the core brands to gain a foothold. Considering Emerica has 6 shoes with the same outsole and several that look almost identical its not hard to do.

Grand Saber

« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2023, 03:48:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yah these are ugly as fuck, hopefully they fade away. My point was that they have the knowedge inside the company since they make good running shoes they just have to not be as bad as the core brands to gain a foothold. Considering Emerica has 6 shoes with the same outsole and several that look almost identical its not hard to do.
I think the shoe would look so much better if it was a normal solid sole. That being said, I'm still curious enough to maybe try them on (maybe not fully commit to buying them though). I'm curious as what shoes come out of Asics and will 100% buy a pair of skate versions of GSMs if they make it.

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -40
« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2023, 10:08:12 PM »
Anyone out there still pretenting to be psyched on Asics needs to take a long look in the mirror. This is a straight-to-landfill grade first drop. Move over Cariuma and Straye, there's a new worst shoe company in town. Shame on anyone who was backing this.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2023, 05:41:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Damn these are ugly

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2023, 12:52:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Because I've been wanting pair of Asics for quite a while now, I gotta ask how do you feel the shoes will fair up for impact? I'm getting frustrated by other brands either getting rid of shoes that felt good for impact support while looking pretty good (i.e. Spanky G6)

Impact protection feels alright to me. Thicker than an NB 440 but thinner than a Tiago 1010. I'd say somewhere in the range of an Adidas Superstar, a little thicker probably. They've been lasting me decently long as well.

meaningless mess

• Rep: 44
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2023, 12:57:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Impact protection feels alright to me. Thicker than an NB 440 but thinner than a Tiago 1010. I'd say somewhere in the range of an Adidas Superstar, a little thicker probably. They've been lasting me decently long as well.
How's the width on them? I want to try a pair, but won't be able to if they won't work for my wide ass hobbit feet.

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2023, 02:31:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Damn these are ugly
The 6 pairs on the bottom aren’t bad, I’d try them. The rest are indeed “landfill grade” as someone else said

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2023, 09:23:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Damn these are ugly
[close]
The 6 pairs on the bottom aren’t bad, I’d try them. The rest are indeed “landfill grade” as someone else said

Agreed, the 2 rows in the middle look like models that would have sold hard in 2007. The top row needs to hit the furnace immediately.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2023, 05:32:56 AM »
I’d rock the shoes with the split up sole fuck it - y’all sheep imagine some one doing a kick flip nose Manuel and u look at they feet n it’s these guys - it could work
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2023, 12:38:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
How's the width on them? I want to try a pair, but won't be able to if they won't work for my wide ass hobbit feet.

I have thicc feet and they feel nice.

meaningless mess

• Rep: 44
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2023, 01:01:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I have thicc feet and they feel nice.
Sick. I'm definitely picking up a pair when they drop then. Thanks, Watson!

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: June 29, 2023, 11:12:24 AM »
Mark Humienik on?

I'd definitely prefer Asics over Vans nowadays but will bummed to see the modern Half Cab king not rocking them.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #234 on: June 29, 2023, 11:36:54 AM »
Mark Humienik on?

I'd definitely prefer Asics over Vans nowadays but will bummed to see the modern Half Cab king not rocking them.

He makes those HCs look too sexy... The end of an era... (as a single tear rolls down my cheek)
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Grand Saber

« Reply #235 on: June 29, 2023, 04:08:17 PM »
Mark Humienik on?

I seriously want these and the Aaron Pro's so bad. I really hope the price of these when they come to the States is pretty decent. Fingers crossed for some mid tops soon

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #236 on: June 29, 2023, 05:03:14 PM »
This brand is too cool for me.  I don’t feel worthy.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2023, 11:32:41 AM »

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -217
« Reply #238 on: July 05, 2023, 11:40:00 AM »
I like them. would rock them. id rather buy these than emerica's, etnies, DC and most other core companies.
my own health, feet and taste are more important than giving a core man working at a core skate company my money.
I hope the people at asics get payed fairly. it's a good company.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 11:48:46 AM by shockpadsandwristguards »

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 41
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #239 on: July 05, 2023, 11:48:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Asics sponsoring a vandal/criminal/toy? Not getting a dime from me.