Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones SOTY  (Read 66106 times)

EagleassMF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Tyshawn Jones SOTY
« Reply #600 on: December 01, 2022, 07:38:48 AM »
damn strobeck completely blew it on some of those clips, not even a second angle for the subway kickflip? he made it look as small as he possibly could

I wouldn’t have even given the tre flip gap a second thought if I hadn’t seen a photo of how crazy that spot actually is.

IMPEACH FAT BILL

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #601 on: December 01, 2022, 07:43:26 AM »
The worst part of that subway clip is the giant "A Film By William Strobeck" title card immediately after. Like dude, can you not make this about you? Like signing your name on a canvas after you take a shit on it.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #602 on: December 01, 2022, 08:09:29 AM »
Untitled by

This filming is so foul in retrospect. Fat bill can do no wrong with the fisheye but i cant get jiggy with this shit.

All I can think of when I see this

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #603 on: December 01, 2022, 08:14:09 AM »
"DoEs tYsHaWn'S EnDeR cOuNt?!?!"

Clear spot manipulation  ;D

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #604 on: December 01, 2022, 08:27:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Untitled by

This filming is so foul in retrospect. Fat bill can do no wrong with the fisheye but i cant get jiggy with this shit.
[close]

Not a fan of ripping shit but this came first page on my youtube after lunch break, leaked part if you wanna decide yourself

I'm a huge fan of people ripping shit, especially when they are behind a paywall. I'm well aware of the arguments against it, but personally, it makes no difference to me. With that said, the part was good. Tyshawn has some incredible pop for having toothpick legs. He has a very good chance of snagging another SOTY win

kelbywest

• Rep: 1
« Reply #605 on: December 01, 2022, 08:37:12 AM »
The worst part of that subway clip is the giant "A Film By William Strobeck" title card immediately after. Like dude, can you not make this about you? Like signing your name on a canvas after you take a shit on it.

The title card came 30 seconds after the trick was landed? Lmao

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #606 on: December 01, 2022, 09:06:07 AM »
let the modified takeoff discussion die…surely scraping away whatever yellow braille bumps on the subway platform is more than kicking a rock out of your path…who cares—dude went from here to way over there on his skateboard!

The filming of that trick does seems to fit: kind of manic and spontaneous, like wait what just happened?

It’s not leggings man vs durag man it’s skinny leg shorts man vs skinny leg shorts man and they’re both unreal.

reverso over the giant garbage can to propped paver Kalis setup is staggering. I really want to see this guy skate in person wow

love it

Tyshawn is the Manute Bol of skateboarding

https://imgur.com/a/hBqOGbw

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #607 on: December 01, 2022, 09:37:16 AM »
Also what's up up with the cheerleaders after every clip. It was like a reverse DC Dyrdek commercial.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
« Reply #608 on: December 01, 2022, 09:43:36 AM »
I dunno if this is a hot take but I don't love seeing repeat SOTYs. I get it, if you earn it you earn it, I just find myself a little less interested when a former winner takes it again.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #609 on: December 01, 2022, 09:46:50 AM »
Also what's up up with the cheerleaders after every clip. It was like a reverse DC Dyrdek commercial.

lol I noticed that as well. I'm generally fine with people cheering after certain tricks when watching a part, but it was literally after every single clip.

I should have probably put this in the nine club thread, but I found it hilarious that Dyrdek had to put a square cap on that rail in order to grind it.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #610 on: December 01, 2022, 09:47:32 AM »
Tyshawn's part killed, but just go ahead and give it to Nyjah so he can shut the fuck up about it already
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

neatloaf7

• Rep: 0
« Reply #611 on: December 01, 2022, 09:49:45 AM »
Expand Quote
That angle is fucked but what’s good with his board? Razor tail from hell or am I tripping…
My favorite part of that trick has to be Atiba posting on IG that he “even stepped on the third rail!” Like what bro are you posting this from beyond the grave tf

Free max b
[close]
all i can imagine is that the sole being made of rubber made it insulate the electricity to where it didn’t travel through his body i guess? someone should go drop a used shoe onto it and see what happens.

Was interested in this, apparently alot of third rails have insulating material around it so you don't die if you accidentally touch it. Additionally, if he did step the rail itself, he could avoid being fried if he wasn't touching anything else at the time, kind of like how birds don't get roasted when they perch on power lines. Normal shoes would def not help if he made a path to ground though so don't try this irl

One More Pigeon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #612 on: December 01, 2022, 09:53:05 AM »
Tyshawn the pop/power king. Fat Bill deserves to be shunned for the filming.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #613 on: December 01, 2022, 10:08:01 AM »
People with no friends complaining about his friends being hyped

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
« Reply #614 on: December 01, 2022, 10:32:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The title card came 30 seconds after the trick was landed? Lmao
Yes the one that came on 30 seconds after (while still in the same shot) only because it was slo mo'd to death

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #615 on: December 01, 2022, 10:40:28 AM »
i would still pick TJ over nigel tbh but i kinda feel like nigel has this now. not dissapointed with the part at all i just was not expecting as much from nigel

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #616 on: December 01, 2022, 10:52:45 AM »
i would still pick TJ over nigel tbh but i kinda feel like nigel has this now. not dissapointed with the part at all i just was not expecting as much from nigel

This is squarely where I land. Also maybe Nyjah gets it and becomes less annoying.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

50 Lions

• Rep: -57
« Reply #617 on: December 01, 2022, 11:15:51 AM »
People with no friends complaining about his friends being hyped
no one’s complaining, it just looks funny af

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #618 on: December 01, 2022, 11:23:01 AM »

More Tyshawn footage tomorrow...but for some reason, I feel like it will be a montage with Nak and that other guy. 
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3327
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #619 on: December 01, 2022, 11:38:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Untitled by

[close]

All I can think of when I see this

holy shit bahaha

Groondor the Orc

• Rep: -103
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes
« Reply #620 on: December 01, 2022, 11:56:24 AM »

Wasn’t that the first ever 20 stair handrail? Or maybe not. I don’t know what I’m thinking it doesn’t look that old.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #621 on: December 01, 2022, 12:06:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wasn’t that the first ever 20 stair handrail? Or maybe not. I don’t know what I’m thinking it doesn’t look that old.

the grind has since been revoked because they turned it from a round rail to a square!

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #622 on: December 01, 2022, 12:11:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

the grind has since been revoked because they turned it from a round rail to a square!

Wouldn’t the first be Heath on el toro? Maybe duffys 5050 in questionable followed by the front Slappy, maybe that was more like 15-18? Or duffys double set 5050? Frankie hill but that wasn’t a make

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #623 on: December 01, 2022, 12:22:15 PM »
i think the Duffy rail from Questionable was a 20
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Groondor the Orc

• Rep: -103
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes
« Reply #624 on: December 01, 2022, 12:25:13 PM »
Yeah I’m tripping there was a crazy one at the end of some 411 that was over 20 too. Mis-remembering the hype from the time…they made a big deal of the 20 thing but it was really no biggy.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #625 on: December 01, 2022, 01:16:28 PM »
Dyrdek was not really a rail guy. Was pretty unexpected at the time to see him go down something like that, regardless if it is square, round, or hexagonal.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

thunderclap

• Rep: 1
« Reply #626 on: December 01, 2022, 07:07:17 PM »

King part going live on the 2nd.

Hastings

• Rep: 37
« Reply #627 on: December 01, 2022, 10:18:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol I noticed that as well. I'm generally fine with people cheering after certain tricks when watching a part, but it was literally after every single clip.

I should have probably put this in the nine club thread, but I found it hilarious that Dyrdek had to put a square cap on that rail in order to grind it.

From memory.... I'm pretty sure for the filming permit they weren't allowed to scratch the rail and had to cover it or that was the story anyway.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #628 on: December 02, 2022, 12:10:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

From memory.... I'm pretty sure for the filming permit they weren't allowed to scratch the rail and had to cover it or that was the story anyway.

Dyrdek BS - he coud skate it like everyone else without
permit and a big movie Szene.
It’s clear he was not able to skate the real rail- and he have done the typical DC/ Berra / Alien Workshop /Dyrdek move - and build a perfect skatepark set up in the street for creating commercial content.
It’s ok - it was one of the heavier moves from Dyrdek - and 20 stairs are 20 stairs - even if the bought permission to skate it -and stairs & rail are perfect.

But don’t hide behind your bought permission, that you need to cover the rail. Covering was in Dyrdeks interest.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #629 on: December 02, 2022, 06:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dyrdek BS - he coud skate it like everyone else without
permit and a big movie Szene.
It’s clear he was not able to skate the real rail- and he have done the typical DC/ Berra / Alien Workshop /Dyrdek move - and build a perfect skatepark set up in the street for creating commercial content.
It’s ok - it was one of the heavier moves from Dyrdek - and 20 stairs are 20 stairs - even if the bought permission to skate it -and stairs & rail are perfect.

But don’t hide behind your bought permission, that you need to cover the rail. Covering was in Dyrdeks interest.

Okay.. but he still did it regardless