Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones SOTY  (Read 66175 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
Re: Tyshawn Jones SOTY
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2022, 10:15:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Love that in his thrasher video he claims he doesn’t watch skate videos then later bashes people for releasing a bunch of parts with filler tricks just to release a lot of footage.   Besides it being contradictory, not exactly sure who he’s talking shit on.   Silva and Suciu definitely put in work in their parts no matter how much was released.
[close]
thought it was funny when he said “i don’t care if you put out 30 minutes of footage. 27 of it sucked”

Right, but he never watched it in the first place

It’s that trying to be above it at all, whilst still being kind of petty snob that’s never really endeared himself to me.   Guy claims Nakel, Sean Pablo, and Bill as friends.  His kookdar is not in working order

dannyprovolone

« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2022, 10:15:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Love that in his thrasher video he claims he doesn’t watch skate videos then later bashes people for releasing a bunch of parts with filler tricks just to release a lot of footage.   Besides it being contradictory, not exactly sure who he’s talking shit on.   Silva and Suciu definitely put in work in their parts no matter how much was released.
[close]
thought it was funny when he said “i don’t care if you put out 30 minutes of footage. 27 of it sucked”

Kooky AF

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2022, 10:30:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It’s that trying to be above it at all, whilst still being kind of petty snob that’s never really endeared himself to me.   Guy claims Nakel, Sean Pablo, and Bill as friends.  His kookdar is not in working order
i see what you’re saying, but in a way i do respect it a little. i mean he has just kind of been down with the same group as long as we’ve all know about him and that’s more honorable than hopping around and clinging to who’s “in” at the current moment

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2022, 12:17:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
i see what you’re saying, but in a way i do respect it a little. i mean he has just kind of been down with the same group as long as we’ve all know about him and that’s more honorable than hopping around and clinging to who’s “in” at the current moment
Couldn't help but immediately think he was talking about suciu as obviously he is the last soty and also filmed like half an hour of footage but watching it all again and I wouldn't of called it filler. No more than half of tyshawns hammers part which is actually a quarter filler. (Saying that as a tyshawn fan) sucius at least always doing a new or at least very hard trick even if the spot is kind of small or skating an interesting spot so I think it's all valid.
I'm wondering if he's possibly talking about Louie as a lot of his stuff is more just regular style skating (altho once again I'd still say pretty fukn good)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #244 on: October 29, 2022, 12:42:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Couldn't help but immediately think he was talking about suciu as obviously he is the last soty and also filmed like half an hour of footage but watching it all again and I wouldn't of called it filler. No more than half of tyshawns hammers part which is actually a quarter filler. (Saying that as a tyshawn fan) sucius at least always doing a new or at least very hard trick even if the spot is kind of small or skating an interesting spot so I think it's all valid.
I'm wondering if he's possibly talking about Louie as a lot of his stuff is more just regular style skating (altho once again I'd still say pretty fukn good)

Right?   I bet he’s telling the truth he doesn’t actually watch these parts and is just parroting some “cool guy shit talk” he overheard from supreme guys likely dissing suciu because he’s definitely someone they think is Lame (see Kevin Bradley before this past month)

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #245 on: October 29, 2022, 08:57:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hey gang some french guys did the subway gap 4 years ago https://youtu.be/b5GCJ1czz38?t=628
[close]

Yeah, well, we don’t give a f*ck about them.
[close]

I would like to add that this was an ollie, not a kickflip.
[close]

Also no blind bumps. And he's not French, that's Cuz

And the opposite direction.

Expand Quote
Fucked up no one has pointed out how good this reference is
[close]
Super underrated, was about to quote it myself.

Cheers 🍻 I admit I got a little inspiration from all the William Phan talk in the, “Shout out to all the Ams who never made it pro..” thread.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2022, 08:58:45 AM »
You really joined slap just to post that?

My vote’s for Louie. Been on a tear all year and such a pleasure to watch.

Tyshawn rips obviously but every time I see him, I’m too distracted because he just gives off an impression that he’s too good for anyone. Granted I don’t know the guy but that’s just what I get from watching his skating.

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2022, 10:16:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hey gang some french guys did the subway gap 4 years ago https://youtu.be/b5GCJ1czz38?t=628
[close]

Yeah, well, we don’t give a f*ck about them.
[close]

I would like to add that this was an ollie, not a kickflip.
[close]

Also no blind bumps. And he's not French, that's Cuz
[close]

And the opposite direction.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fucked up no one has pointed out how good this reference is
[close]
Super underrated, was about to quote it myself.
[close]

Cheers 🍻 I admit I got a little inspiration from all the William Phan talk in the, “Shout out to all the Ams who never made it pro..” thread.

Still one of the most clever video titles of all time.  It wasn’t just a self deprecating reference to the Europeans getting overlooked by the industry….it was a double meaning.  I think Alex Carolino said it was a joke about American skaters coming over to Europe and trying tricks that had already been done.  They’d be like “so-n-so already did that” and in frustration they’d be like “I don’t give a fuck about him!”  So the title is also a brag…like “we’re the one’s they don’t give a fuck about, we’re the ones landing everything”….fucking great title, great video.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 10:24:15 PM by EmilioBestevez »

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2022, 02:28:04 PM »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2022, 02:51:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/walkerCryan/status/1590435334189633536
Really hoping he makes the drop off after the tre too. One of the more interesting spots he has skated.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #250 on: November 09, 2022, 02:53:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Agreed. That interview really put me off of him, although I can't deny his superhuman talent/skill. He's basically a slightly cooler version of Jah at this point. Will definitely be bummed if he wins SOTY, even if he does deserve a second win after this insane Fall blitz. That new photo of the tre over the narrow pointy gate gap combined with the subway gap kickflip cover is a brutal combo.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #251 on: November 09, 2022, 03:11:57 PM »
Louie's gonna swoop in with a new Converse part to put the nail in the coffin for SOTY

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2022, 03:13:20 PM »
If you watch the last shot of The General, you can see TJ is skating the spot he tre flipped when his board flys out to the street as the To Be Continued card comes up
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #253 on: November 09, 2022, 04:23:28 PM »
mark suciu was the worst soty ever and is also the worst skater of all time

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #254 on: November 09, 2022, 04:32:29 PM »
I've heard some of the tricks he's done at some classic spots, and none of them make sense and I can't picture any of them, in particular the one at pyramid ledges. Also I heard he Sw Bs flipped into the fountain maybe, 2 years ago now, so can only imagine what he's done since.

Burnett is going to have a few sleepless weeks ahead of him.

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #255 on: November 09, 2022, 04:49:10 PM »

Grrrreencans

« Reply #256 on: November 09, 2022, 04:50:15 PM »

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #257 on: November 09, 2022, 04:52:38 PM »

Not everyone can be Fred Gall

fried

• Rep: 52
« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2022, 12:03:23 AM »
The new mag might as well be a tyshawn soty issue.

unless fred gall drops another part, nobody stands a chance

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2022, 06:14:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Kooky AF

Yah I wasn't feeling that. I want everyone to film. We are tribe. Even the suckas are down.

We need to encourage documentation on all levels.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

veritas

« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2022, 04:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not everyone can be Fred Gall

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2022, 08:45:29 PM »
Louie's gonna swoop in with a new Converse part to put the nail in the coffin for SOTY
if you think about it, that new converse video is gonna throw bobby dekeyzer in the soty running too, if he has a full part.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2022, 04:39:09 AM »

Tyshawn rips obviously but every time I see him, I’m too distracted because he just gives off an impression that he’s too good for anyone. Granted I don’t know the guy but that’s just what I get from watching his skating.
your impression is correct, he's a diva

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2022, 04:49:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
if you think about it, that new converse video is gonna throw bobby dekeyzer in the soty running too, if he has a full part.

I have to say Bobby footage is 4x more enjoyable than Louie

Geico Insurance

• Rep: 25
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2022, 06:54:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I have to say Bobby footage is 4x more enjoyable than Louie

Trippin. I’ll take Louie footage all day. He skates like he’s enjoying it. Bobby always looks like he’s mad that his favorite vintage store ran out of beanies.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2022, 08:42:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the fictions people create about a complete stranger on this website boggle the mind

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2022, 08:56:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

the fictions people create about a complete stranger on this website boggle the mind
it's not fiction, it's just how he acted while in the area

Grrrreencans

« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2022, 09:00:05 AM »
Good, we need more divas

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209