Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones SOTY  (Read 66163 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
Re: Tyshawn Jones SOTY
« Reply #270 on: November 11, 2022, 12:36:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You really joined slap just to post that?

My vote’s for Louie. Been on a tear all year and such a pleasure to watch.

Tyshawn rips obviously but every time I see him, I’m too distracted because he just gives off an impression that he’s too good for anyone. Granted I don’t know the guy but that’s just what I get from watching his skating.
[close]
your impression is correct, he's a diva
[close]

the fictions people create about a complete stranger on this website boggle the mind
[close]
it's not fiction, it's just how he acted while in the area

lmao "while in the area" what the fuck are you talking about?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Dark Knight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2022, 12:40:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You really joined slap just to post that?

My vote’s for Louie. Been on a tear all year and such a pleasure to watch.

Tyshawn rips obviously but every time I see him, I’m too distracted because he just gives off an impression that he’s too good for anyone. Granted I don’t know the guy but that’s just what I get from watching his skating.
[close]
your impression is correct, he's a diva
[close]

the fictions people create about a complete stranger on this website boggle the mind

True that

At his table contest he was out there serving food to the attendants himself.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2022, 03:42:49 PM »
I went back and watched t funk.

Someone mentioned that T funk don't have a shoe sponsor. That's punk af.

I feel like that in combination with his part and the big bench trick. T funk is bound for soty.

Isn't he living in SF too? Insurmountable evidence of soty.

Also sidewalk gap to fs wall in to hill.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #273 on: November 12, 2022, 07:55:13 PM »
Does T Funk have anything else coming out this year? His last post is almost 3 months ago, but this front smith to 4 city block hill bomb is one of the best things I’ve seen all year.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ch7MVZdANz6/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #274 on: November 12, 2022, 08:24:22 PM »
Does T Funk have anything else coming out this year? His last post is almost 3 months ago, but this front smith to 4 city block hill bomb is one of the best things I’ve seen all year.

Slytherin AF
(A)pl(E)

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2022, 09:00:16 PM »

He’s been filming around the city a ton. Rumor is it’s for a Baker part to be out by end of year. At least that’s what some guy said at the skatepark, but he seemed really convincing.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: November 13, 2022, 07:07:39 AM »
The other day, one of his sponsors (maybe Spitfire) posted a T-Funk clip and Reynolds replied "Can't wait for the new part!!!" so obviously they're subtly hyping him up.

justpassingthrough

• Rep: 15
« Reply #277 on: November 13, 2022, 07:36:53 AM »
After watching the new Evan Smith footage I'd say it would be hard to outshine him.  Although SOTY is also politics imo.  If T-Funk really does release something soon then possibly him as well.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #278 on: November 13, 2022, 08:45:06 AM »
The other day, one of his sponsors (maybe Spitfire) posted a T-Funk clip and Reynolds replied "Can't wait for the new part!!!" so obviously they're subtly hyping him up.
Ah, it's this post. Regardless of who gets it, I always appreciate the onslaught of top tier footage in Nov/Dec.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkYrrNlJj3n/

skateharder

• Rep: -25
« Reply #279 on: November 13, 2022, 09:15:09 AM »
tyshawn has the best pop in skateboarding, but what else? not much.
if he wanted to he could end skateboarding tomorrow

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2022, 09:44:59 AM »
Guys Nyjah has a part out uh oh

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2022, 09:57:53 AM »

Didn't work in 2014, isn't gonna work now.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2022, 10:01:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Didn't work in 2014, isn't gonna work now.
Noooooooooooooo

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2022, 11:23:12 AM »

What's the deal with that caption? Filmer not giving him the footage?

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2022, 11:49:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I understood it as some random bystander filmed it, so they can't use the footage anymore

blue

• Rep: -22
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2022, 12:40:07 PM »
Im not a fan of this kids attitude, comes off really arrogant BUT he's incredibly talented and this video part is insane. the switch ollie was sus and he's been a repeat offender of the drifting to the side and using camera angles to make up for it. Follow up part will be the deciding factor.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #286 on: November 14, 2022, 02:08:27 PM »
Is that Frank Gerwer's voice saying "make the light, oh gawd" on the IG post?

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2022, 02:16:56 PM »

For what it is worth my random poll of one person on a call with DLX said it’s T Funk all the way.

You heard it here first.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2022, 02:35:50 PM »
Is that Frank Gerwer's voice saying "make the light, oh gawd" on the IG post?

Sounds like him. He's about the hills. I know if I lived out there if be sleeping on the top to see everything that ever happens.

Hills is everything.
(A)pl(E)

Vegeta

• Rep: 1
« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2022, 02:41:35 PM »

That power slide he does at the intersection is soo fucked.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2022, 05:38:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I understood it as some random bystander filmed it, so they can't use the footage anymore

That’s Gerwer and a friend filming from atop. I assume “cat’s outta the bag” is a reference to Frank sitting on that clip for however long it was from the time it was filmed until the premier of the GX video.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #291 on: November 14, 2022, 10:29:59 PM »
I went back and watched t funk.

Someone mentioned that T funk don't have a shoe sponsor. That's punk af.

I feel like that in combination with his part and the big bench trick. T funk is bound for soty.

Isn't he living in SF too? Insurmountable evidence of soty.

Also sidewalk gap to fs wall in to hill.

No shoe sponsor + soty = fucking decent..
//////////

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #292 on: November 15, 2022, 02:43:08 AM »
Nyjah's gonna be SOTY after winning over the Christian voters

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #293 on: November 15, 2022, 03:37:45 AM »
"tyshawn acted 'off' during the three minute span in which i saw him so now i'm convinced he's a diva forever and ever. no, i will not elaborate on his behavior or describe how he's a diva"

What are you basing your opinion off?

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
SOTY & TJ H8. Tyshawn Ain't Cool - Let's Discuss
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2022, 09:09:34 AM »
It's undeniable that TJ is already one of the best to ever do it. There's nothing to discuss about his talent because he's incredibly athletic and jumps higher than almost anyone else, save Antonio Durau or Tiago. This is an assessment of Tyshawn's character.

After Gifted Hater's vidpost today I thought this would be a relevant topic because I'm on a tirade in opposition of giving the 2022 SOTY to Tyshawn Jones.

Remember when Phelps flew to NYC to present TJ with his SOTY choice? It could just be me, but I thought Thyshawn was completely unenthused and even fairly disrespectful. Tyshawn is the last person to ever receive a SOTY from the man himself, and he acted like he was too cool to care. I can't find the full vid anymore, and it doesn't seem to be on Thrasher's youtube anymore. I'm not referring to his SOTY party btw, I'm talking about the video where Phelps shows up while TJ is hanging with Mark Gonzales and Strobeck at Houston St. Park. Tyshawn comes off as such a pompous turd in everything from his interviews to his instagram.

I was excited to see what he was going to do with his new board company... we waited a long time to see. Some speculated he'd expand Hardies and do a newer version of Shorty's. And then finally he comes out with KING... which, I don't need to explain how expected, egotistical and boring the name is... but additionally the roll-out of KING was so bad it forced them to immediately rebrand and take down their website logo within the first 24 hours of creating and running the page. Plus to me, the fact that he fucks with Nakel Smith so hard is a bummer all by itself.

Nakel has been a polarizing character, but now he is more than ever. He got his wannabe gangbanger friends to beat up and intimidate Lottie's Skateshop and essentially forced them to shut down. While this is in itself is a very shitty thing to do, I've also personally never been able to watch his footage because he's got such an ugly weasely mug. I can see Nakel's joker-ass becoming the next Jereme Rogers.

In interviews it has been apparent that Tyshawn is somewhat shallow or low-level thinking. Naming Hardies from a game where they punch each other "hard" is an accidental marketing genius idea, but pretty dumb in concept. I think a big part of Hardies' success is their iconic black power fist evoking logo combined with the bolt. We all gotta admit it is a sick ass logo. But what a boring ass origin story of the brand.

I think it's clear that Tyshawn wants to make money off of skateboarding and does't really care about the history. Otherwise he'd be more honored to have Phelps give him the SOTY in person, or he'd have more to say in interviews about getting the opportunity to hang out with Mark Gonzales. Gifted Hater's analysis of his switch ollie over the p table has only added to my theory that TJ is an egotripper and cares too much about clout over paying homage to any history or art or rules of skateboarding.

Because no matter how much we'd hate to admit it, there are a few rules to what flies in the skateboarding industry and what doesn't "pass the vibe-check". Never catch me saying that phrase again. But Tyshawn doesn't really feel like an authentic skateboarder to me. I think he just wants to win, win, win no matter what with money on his mind - he can't ever get enough. Which is rude IMO it's like... dude... money isn't the most important thing in the world... become humble or something maybe find Jesus like Kanye did.

In short - Tyshawn Jones is a certified asshole and a half.

If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #295 on: November 22, 2022, 09:14:32 AM »
you deleted your stupid thread before i could say it so i’ll just say it now

shut da fuck up

cky enthusiast

« Reply #296 on: November 22, 2022, 09:18:25 AM »
also phelps was a fiend who delivered door dash via MUNI bus until he finally hit a bag that was too hot, stop romanticizing him dork

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #297 on: November 22, 2022, 09:21:51 AM »
yeah man he seems SO bummed here. Such disrespect

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
Re: SOTY & TJ H8. Tyshawn Ain't Cool - Let's Discuss
« Reply #298 on: November 22, 2022, 09:33:32 AM »
It's undeniable that TJ is already one of the best to ever do it. There's nothing to discuss about his talent because he's incredibly athletic and jumps higher than almost anyone else, save Antonio Durau or Tiago. This is an assessment of Tyshawn's character.

After Gifted Hater's vidpost today I thought this would be a relevant topic because I'm on a tirade in opposition of giving the 2022 SOTY to Tyshawn Jones.

Remember when Phelps flew to NYC to present TJ with his SOTY choice? It could just be me, but I thought Thyshawn was completely unenthused and even fairly disrespectful. Tyshawn is the last person to ever receive a SOTY from the man himself, and he acted like he was too cool to care. I can't find the full vid anymore, and it doesn't seem to be on Thrasher's youtube anymore. I'm not referring to his SOTY party btw, I'm talking about the video where Phelps shows up while TJ is hanging with Mark Gonzales and Strobeck at Houston St. Park. Tyshawn comes off as such a pompous turd in everything from his interviews to his instagram.

I was excited to see what he was going to do with his new board company... we waited a long time to see. Some speculated he'd expand Hardies and do a newer version of Shorty's. And then finally he comes out with KING... which, I don't need to explain how expected, egotistical and boring the name is... but additionally the roll-out of KING was so bad it forced them to immediately rebrand and take down their website logo within the first 24 hours of creating and running the page. Plus to me, the fact that he fucks with Nakel Smith so hard is a bummer all by itself.

Nakel has been a polarizing character, but now he is more than ever. He got his wannabe gangbanger friends to beat up and intimidate Lottie's Skateshop and essentially forced them to shut down. While this is in itself is a very shitty thing to do, I've also personally never been able to watch his footage because he's got such an ugly weasely mug. I can see Nakel's joker-ass becoming the next Jereme Rogers.

In interviews it has been apparent that Tyshawn is somewhat shallow or low-level thinking. Naming Hardies from a game where they punch each other "hard" is an accidental marketing genius idea, but pretty dumb in concept. I think a big part of Hardies' success is their iconic black power fist evoking logo combined with the bolt. We all gotta admit it is a sick ass logo. But what a boring ass origin story of the brand.

I think it's clear that Tyshawn wants to make money off of skateboarding and does't really care about the history. Otherwise he'd be more honored to have Phelps give him the SOTY in person, or he'd have more to say in interviews about getting the opportunity to hang out with Mark Gonzales. Gifted Hater's analysis of his switch ollie over the p table has only added to my theory that TJ is an egotripper and cares too much about clout over paying homage to any history or art or rules of skateboarding.

Because no matter how much we'd hate to admit it, there are a few rules to what flies in the skateboarding industry and what doesn't "pass the vibe-check". Never catch me saying that phrase again. But Tyshawn doesn't really feel like an authentic skateboarder to me. I think he just wants to win, win, win no matter what with money on his mind - he can't ever get enough. Which is rude IMO it's like... dude... money isn't the most important thing in the world... become humble or something maybe find Jesus like Kanye did.

In short - Tyshawn Jones is a certified asshole and a half.

You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #299 on: November 22, 2022, 09:41:40 AM »
Lol dude physically wrote down goals with one being SOTY and he even cried at the party. Yeah real piece of shit material