Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones SOTY  (Read 66180 times)

kook1234

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
Re: Tyshawn Jones SOTY
« Reply #300 on: November 22, 2022, 09:50:20 AM »
tyshawn doesn't need to care about history when hes too busy making it

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #301 on: November 22, 2022, 10:07:17 AM »
Lol dude physically wrote down goals with one being SOTY and he even cried at the party. Yeah real piece of shit material
yeah dude having goals is super lame…..

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #302 on: November 22, 2022, 10:11:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Lol dude physically wrote down goals with one being SOTY and he even cried at the party. Yeah real piece of shit material
[close]
yeah dude having goals is super lame…..

The LOL was at weinerboy. My point was that Tyshawn is a solid dude people like to write off for bs reasons

scab

• Rep: 200
Re: SOTY & TJ H8. Tyshawn Ain't Cool - Let's Discuss
« Reply #303 on: November 22, 2022, 10:12:33 AM »
This is an assessment of Tyshawn's character.

Did you manage to keep your face straight typing this? Jesus Christ, get off the internet. It takes a lot more to judge someone's character than to watch a couple videos.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 10:59:44 AM by scab »

lesghettah

• Rep: -15
« Reply #304 on: November 22, 2022, 10:39:53 AM »
TJ literally couldn't lift his head at his award ceremony because he was crying too much. You cannot skate on the level Tyshawn skates without some ammount of ego. You cannot have the ego Tyshawn has without an army of people backing you and supporting you and pushing you to make your mark on this world.

I'm about to tripple down on my support of Tyshawn on this forum. He's the only skater on the list still out there getting clips right now, fuck anyone and everyone who is so blind to his commitment to skateboarding

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #305 on: November 22, 2022, 10:48:22 AM »
weinerboy a racist. that is all.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

scab

« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2022, 11:02:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you manage to keep your face straight typing this? Jesus Christ, get off the internet my dude. It takes a lot more to judge someone's character than to watch a couple videos.
[close]

You're right, that wiener is definitely not my dude. Fixed that.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2022, 11:05:28 AM »
It's undeniable that TJ is already one of the best to ever do it. There's nothing to discuss about his talent because he's incredibly athletic and jumps higher than almost anyone else, save Antonio Durau or Tiago. This is an assessment of Tyshawn's character.

After Gifted Hater's vidpost today I thought this would be a relevant topic because I'm on a tirade in opposition of giving the 2022 SOTY to Tyshawn Jones.

Remember when Phelps flew to NYC to present TJ with his SOTY choice? It could just be me, but I thought Thyshawn was completely unenthused and even fairly disrespectful. Tyshawn is the last person to ever receive a SOTY from the man himself, and he acted like he was too cool to care. I can't find the full vid anymore, and it doesn't seem to be on Thrasher's youtube anymore. I'm not referring to his SOTY party btw, I'm talking about the video where Phelps shows up while TJ is hanging with Mark Gonzales and Strobeck at Houston St. Park. Tyshawn comes off as such a pompous turd in everything from his interviews to his instagram.

I was excited to see what he was going to do with his new board company... we waited a long time to see. Some speculated he'd expand Hardies and do a newer version of Shorty's. And then finally he comes out with KING... which, I don't need to explain how expected, egotistical and boring the name is... but additionally the roll-out of KING was so bad it forced them to immediately rebrand and take down their website logo within the first 24 hours of creating and running the page. Plus to me, the fact that he fucks with Nakel Smith so hard is a bummer all by itself.

Nakel has been a polarizing character, but now he is more than ever. He got his wannabe gangbanger friends to beat up and intimidate Lottie's Skateshop and essentially forced them to shut down. While this is in itself is a very shitty thing to do, I've also personally never been able to watch his footage because he's got such an ugly weasely mug. I can see Nakel's joker-ass becoming the next Jereme Rogers.

In interviews it has been apparent that Tyshawn is somewhat shallow or low-level thinking. Naming Hardies from a game where they punch each other "hard" is an accidental marketing genius idea, but pretty dumb in concept. I think a big part of Hardies' success is their iconic black power fist evoking logo combined with the bolt. We all gotta admit it is a sick ass logo. But what a boring ass origin story of the brand.

I think it's clear that Tyshawn wants to make money off of skateboarding and does't really care about the history. Otherwise he'd be more honored to have Phelps give him the SOTY in person, or he'd have more to say in interviews about getting the opportunity to hang out with Mark Gonzales. Gifted Hater's analysis of his switch ollie over the p table has only added to my theory that TJ is an egotripper and cares too much about clout over paying homage to any history or art or rules of skateboarding.

Because no matter how much we'd hate to admit it, there are a few rules to what flies in the skateboarding industry and what doesn't "pass the vibe-check". Never catch me saying that phrase again. But Tyshawn doesn't really feel like an authentic skateboarder to me. I think he just wants to win, win, win no matter what with money on his mind - he can't ever get enough. Which is rude IMO it's like... dude... money isn't the most important thing in the world... become humble or something maybe find Jesus like Kanye did.

In short - Tyshawn Jones is a certified asshole and a half.
I’m sorry TJ stole your girlfriend, but this is hardly the appropriate way to address your grievance.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

scab

« Reply #308 on: November 22, 2022, 11:10:36 AM »
I'm only now seeing that TJ, according to the wiener, should take a page out of Kanye's book. That's gonna be a tough sell in 2022.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #309 on: November 22, 2022, 11:17:49 AM »
tyshawns “death con 3 on the jews“ hardies part

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #310 on: November 22, 2022, 11:27:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you manage to keep your face straight typing this? Jesus Christ, get off the internet. It takes a lot more to judge someone's character than to watch a couple videos.

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #311 on: November 22, 2022, 11:29:45 AM »
It's undeniable that TJ is already one of the best to ever do it. There's nothing to discuss about his talent because he's incredibly athletic and jumps higher than almost anyone else, save Antonio Durau or Tiago. This is an assessment of Tyshawn's character.

After Gifted Hater's vidpost today I thought this would be a relevant topic because I'm on a tirade in opposition of giving the 2022 SOTY to Tyshawn Jones.

Remember when Phelps flew to NYC to present TJ with his SOTY choice? It could just be me, but I thought Thyshawn was completely unenthused and even fairly disrespectful. Tyshawn is the last person to ever receive a SOTY from the man himself, and he acted like he was too cool to care. I can't find the full vid anymore, and it doesn't seem to be on Thrasher's youtube anymore. I'm not referring to his SOTY party btw, I'm talking about the video where Phelps shows up while TJ is hanging with Mark Gonzales and Strobeck at Houston St. Park. Tyshawn comes off as such a pompous turd in everything from his interviews to his instagram.

I was excited to see what he was going to do with his new board company... we waited a long time to see. Some speculated he'd expand Hardies and do a newer version of Shorty's. And then finally he comes out with KING... which, I don't need to explain how expected, egotistical and boring the name is... but additionally the roll-out of KING was so bad it forced them to immediately rebrand and take down their website logo within the first 24 hours of creating and running the page. Plus to me, the fact that he fucks with Nakel Smith so hard is a bummer all by itself.

Nakel has been a polarizing character, but now he is more than ever. He got his wannabe gangbanger friends to beat up and intimidate Lottie's Skateshop and essentially forced them to shut down. While this is in itself is a very shitty thing to do, I've also personally never been able to watch his footage because he's got such an ugly weasely mug. I can see Nakel's joker-ass becoming the next Jereme Rogers.

In interviews it has been apparent that Tyshawn is somewhat shallow or low-level thinking. Naming Hardies from a game where they punch each other "hard" is an accidental marketing genius idea, but pretty dumb in concept. I think a big part of Hardies' success is their iconic black power fist evoking logo combined with the bolt. We all gotta admit it is a sick ass logo. But what a boring ass origin story of the brand.

I think it's clear that Tyshawn wants to make money off of skateboarding and does't really care about the history. Otherwise he'd be more honored to have Phelps give him the SOTY in person, or he'd have more to say in interviews about getting the opportunity to hang out with Mark Gonzales. Gifted Hater's analysis of his switch ollie over the p table has only added to my theory that TJ is an egotripper and cares too much about clout over paying homage to any history or art or rules of skateboarding.

Because no matter how much we'd hate to admit it, there are a few rules to what flies in the skateboarding industry and what doesn't "pass the vibe-check". Never catch me saying that phrase again. But Tyshawn doesn't really feel like an authentic skateboarder to me. I think he just wants to win, win, win no matter what with money on his mind - he can't ever get enough. Which is rude IMO it's like... dude... money isn't the most important thing in the world... become humble or something maybe find Jesus like Kanye did.

just say the word man. we can tell you really want to.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #312 on: November 22, 2022, 11:38:32 AM »

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -97
« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2022, 11:44:59 AM »
Y’all trippin’ I vote for Deedz every year.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • Free Max B
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2022, 12:08:51 PM »
also phelps was a fiend who delivered door dash via MUNI bus until he finally hit a bag that was too hot, stop romanticizing him dork
this.
phelps is also the genius that thought what Van Wastell needed while he was in full blown heroin addiction was to take his stash and lock him in a hotel room. the fact everyone just accepted "he mysteriously just fell out the window, man." story and kept it moving is fucking crazy. especially bc he was a fiend himself and absolutely used whatever amount of dope he took from Van. dude was the worst.

ill let yall get back to whatever the hell this thread turned into.

free max b
FREE MAX B

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #315 on: November 22, 2022, 12:38:49 PM »
Expand Quote
also phelps was a fiend who delivered door dash via MUNI bus until he finally hit a bag that was too hot, stop romanticizing him dork
[close]
this.
phelps is also the genius that thought what Van Wastell needed while he was in full blown heroin addiction was to take his stash and lock him in a hotel room. the fact everyone just accepted "he mysteriously just fell out the window, man." story and kept it moving is fucking crazy. especially bc he was a fiend himself and absolutely used whatever amount of dope he took from Van. dude was the worst.

ill let yall get back to whatever the hell this thread turned into.

free max b

fucked if true, especially bc of that video where he's talking to a random friend of van's at dlxsf and after the friend talks about how sick van was says something like 'yeah but hes dead as a doornail' or some bullshit
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

1080isthebeststunt

• Rep: -30
« Reply #316 on: November 22, 2022, 12:44:34 PM »
lets talk bad about 2 dead people because my best skateboard man isnt winning the competition about skateboard stunts
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 12:54:09 PM by 1080isthebeststunt »

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #317 on: November 22, 2022, 12:47:09 PM »
Glad people are finally starting to mention that Phelps fukin sucked. My impression of him was that he was an old school punk who never mentally matured past 16.

And how tf was TJ supposed to know he’d be the last SOTY that Phelps gave the trophy too? Is he Madam Cleo?? TJ also strikes me as a socially awkward dude, like unless he’s comfortable with you he’s gonna come across as standoffish because he doesn’t know what to do

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #318 on: November 22, 2022, 12:52:44 PM »

People like that make me sick. They have "aspirations" and "ambitions" and put in "effort" to achieve them. And then the kicker is that they become emotional when they achieve their goals and when people are happy for them as a result. Like grow up already.

Free Whirl

• Rep: 3
« Reply #319 on: November 22, 2022, 12:55:38 PM »

crrrrrringe. L take my brotha

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #320 on: November 22, 2022, 01:02:13 PM »
Phelps looked like he was smelly.

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #321 on: November 22, 2022, 01:10:51 PM »

Almost reads as a parody of Tyshawn hate.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #322 on: November 22, 2022, 01:27:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Almost reads as a parody of Tyshawn hate.
Future Flying Lotus copypasta contender
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #323 on: November 22, 2022, 02:57:57 PM »
And how tf was TJ supposed to know he’d be the last SOTY that Phelps gave the trophy too? Is he Madam Cleo?? TJ also strikes me as a socially awkward dude, like unless he’s comfortable with you he’s gonna come across as standoffish because he doesn’t know what to do

For as long as there have been shy people, they have been accused of being arrogant, stuck up, snobbish, whatever.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #324 on: November 22, 2022, 03:09:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For as long as there have been shy people, they have been accused of being arrogant, stuck up, snobbish, whatever.
Tyshawn only has two modes, shy and mysterious and tiktok cringe.
https://www.tiktok.com/@tyshawnjoneshg/video/7148250399105912107?is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7148250399105912107

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #325 on: November 22, 2022, 03:59:38 PM »
@Wienerboy

A tirade 😂

Remember when Phelps flew to NYC to present TJ with his SOTY choice? It could just be me, but I thought Thyshawn was completely unenthused and even fairly disrespectful.
I would venture to say you misread the scenario.

Tyshawn is the last person to ever receive a SOTY from the man himself, and he acted like he was too cool to care.
You say this as if he should’ve known he’d be the last to get the SOTY from Phelps?

I can't find the full vid anymore, and it doesn't seem to be on Thrasher's youtube anymore. I'm not referring to his SOTY party btw, I'm talking about the video where Phelps shows up while TJ is hanging with Mark Gonzales and Strobeck at Houston St. Park. Tyshawn comes off as such a pompous turd in everything from his interviews to his instagram.
It seems like most SOTY reveals have some elaborate surprise party thing going on.  Phelps just  casually pulled up on him at a spot. Seemed like proportionate reaction and genuinely happy. A surprise is about catching ppl off guard. Some ppl love surprises, some get crippling anxiety.  Some ppl love speaking with a camera in their face some don’t. He’s pompous for not saying yipee kiyay and having some goofy forced reaction? TJ was laughing, smiling, shook Phelps' hand. These are positive social cues in most scenarios. I mean he cried and brought his mom on stage at the SF party. I would imagine most socialized ppl would view that as a wholesome moment

I was excited to see what he was going to do with his new board company... we waited a long time to see.
He left FA a few months ago. What's the appropriate wait time window for launching a skate company?

Some speculated he'd expand Hardies and do a newer version of Shorty's. And then finally he comes out with KING... which, I don't need to explain how expected, egotistical and boring the name is... but additionally the roll-out of KING was so bad it forced them to immediately rebrand and take down their website logo within the first 24 hours of creating and running the page. Plus to me, the fact that he fucks with Nakel Smith so hard is a bummer all by itself.
Would it have been better if he doubled down and was defensive about the feedback like Illegal Civ has been recently?
Wow TJ actually responded to public feedback and reconsidered smh. Wow trial and error running a business shameful shit right there. Anyone who changes their Instagram avatar for their business should not be allowed to win SOTY!

There was more to the Lottie’s beef... The park Lottie’s said not to go to is in a blood neighborhood (a black gang) and beefs heavy with 18 street (rival latino gang) down the street, so clearly there are some racial tensions. The Lottie's dude definitely meant well, and of course the situation could’ve been handled better...  I can see how a rich white dude telling Mexicans not to go a predominantly black neighborhood skatepark could rub ppl the wrong way… It's a little tone def because most ppl at that park aren't gangbangers or racist...  I makes sense how a black person who skate's that park and has Mexican friends to take offense to it...
Anyway I can't understand how a situation that happened well over a year ago, that TJ wasn't even involved with, should carry any weight in Thrasher acknowledging Tyshawn’s accomplishments on a skateboard this year?

In interviews it has been apparent that Tyshawn is somewhat shallow or low-level thinking.
Wow.

Naming Hardies from a game where they punch each other "hard" is an accidental marketing genius idea, but pretty dumb in concept. I think a big part of Hardies' success is their iconic black power fist evoking logo combined with the bolt. We all gotta admit it is a sick ass logo. But what a boring ass origin story of the brand.
Since when do skate companies need to have some deep meaning behind their names? Most don't.

I think it's clear that Tyshawn wants to make money off of skateboarding
To what extent is someone allowed make money off of skateboaridng in your book? Like isnt that the point of being a pro? To live off skatebarding.. Should he have a day job and skate for free? I mean would hope that someone running a skate company and providing for team(s), vendors, and customers would have some level of care for finance.

and doesn't really care about the history. Otherwise he'd be more honored to have Phelps give him the SOTY in person, or he'd have more to say in interviews about getting the opportunity to hang out with Mark Gonzales.
He doesn't care about skateboarding history because he doesn't dickride Mark Gonzalez in interviews?
They've been friends for like 10 yrs and share several sponsors. Saying he doesn't respect the Gonz or his legacy seems like a pretty reaching assumprion.

Gifted Hater's analysis of his switch ollie over the p table has only added to my theory that TJ is an egotripper and cares too much about clout over paying homage to any history or art or rules of skateboarding.
I've seen that analysis vid... He sw ollied the bench side of a picnic table so he's a cloutchaser/egotripper that doesn't not care for the history or art or rules of skateboarding? I am actually really struggling to follow the logic.

Because no matter how much we'd hate to admit it, there are a few rules to what flies in the skateboarding industry and what doesn't "pass the vibe-check". Never catch me saying that phrase again. But Tyshawn doesn't really feel like an authentic skateboarder to me.
Are there any other rules aside from your vague vibe check?

I think he just wants to win, win, win no matter what with money on his mind - he can't ever get enough.
Yikes

Which is rude IMO it's like... dude... money isn't the most important thing in the world...
Seems like you're projecting maybe? You never really made any actual support to why you think that he only cares about money?

become humble or something maybe find Jesus like Kanye did.

Damn so this was really the grand finale to all this? Kanye is was your best example for someone who is humble?
He basically fell off after that Jesus album. That guy lost a billion $ in a week because he needed to share his antisemitic views.

TJ opened a restuarant in a food desert (in the hood getting quality food is often difficult. A lot ppl closest options are McDonald’s and corn syrup/ethanol distribution points aka liquor stores).In doing so he created jobs and invested in the community he's from instead of some gentrified uppity area. Also, they cater free food to ppl with food insecurity... Never read the bible but I'm pretty sure there's some parts about helping others. He throws huge skate jams for the local scene and serves the free food himself. That's not humble or paying homage?

Giving away food for free doesn't really fit your money hungry narcisist image you're tryna paint

what is wrong with you

• Rep: 10
« Reply #326 on: November 22, 2022, 04:11:38 PM »

graibe

• Rep: -53
Did he make it this time??
« Reply #327 on: November 22, 2022, 04:21:19 PM »

SO.. tyshawn switch ollied the picnic table again for us since there was much debate on this trick. How we feelin on this one?? I personally feel that this is a make, and tyshawn probably feels like a badass.

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
Re: Did he make it this time??
« Reply #328 on: November 22, 2022, 04:22:52 PM »
KING!

You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
Re: Did he make it this time??
« Reply #329 on: November 22, 2022, 04:28:00 PM »
tyshawn is good but god he is so annoying