Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones SOTY  (Read 66129 times)

1080isthebeststunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -30
Re: Tyshawn Jones SOTY
« Reply #390 on: November 23, 2022, 01:13:50 AM »
Expand Quote
cant wait until gifted hater gets punched in the face and it goes viral. hope his glasses get broken
[close]

Can't wait until you focus your account.

i laugh a lot when i watch his videos but he is a bitch.
switch ollie is enough why would anyone beg for a switch flip like that i hate to see it.
i have critic for him just the way he has on tj.
its okay to be the biggest bitch if you are sucking the cock beforehand  "I GIVE HIM THAT HE HAS THE SWITCH OLLIE AND HE IS AMAZAING BUT (insert being a total loser)"
now he want to eat nyjahs cock because its the edgiest you can be. PLEASE JEFFWON SONG GO TO SLS ok that trick wasnt stylish from a Polar skateboards point of view

Gino dragged his foot during bs 360 do it again my untouchable master

« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 01:22:52 AM by 1080isthebeststunt »

1080isthebeststunt

« Reply #391 on: November 23, 2022, 01:48:38 AM »
he is part of the teenage "whenever something stops being edgy because the below me hipsters seem to get the same view on things im going to start having an complete opposite opinion so im standing alone again with that in the edgy dudes category" club in his 20s what a loser

only that is progressiv. what a progressiv dude. cant wait until he farts in my ears with his nasal ass bitch voice.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #392 on: November 23, 2022, 01:55:26 AM »
he is part of the teenage "whenever something stops being edgy because the below me hipsters seem to get the same view on things im going to start having an complete opposite opinion so im standing alone again with that in the edgy dudes category" club in his 20s what a loser

only that is progressiv. what a progressiv dude. cant wait until he farts in my ears with his nasal ass bitch voice.

You’re almost too articulate

1080isthebeststunt

« Reply #393 on: November 23, 2022, 02:53:08 AM »
HE DIDNT DO THE WHOLE THING DO IT AGAIN AND MAKE A KICKFLIP

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -214
« Reply #394 on: November 23, 2022, 02:57:55 AM »
Definition of a hard post. 'Tyshawn could end skateboarding tomorrow if he wanted'.
Gifted hater walking down the road of self destruction. Fuck gifted hater. There really are some skaters that are off limits to criticism, Tyshawn is now at the top of that list. I fucking LOVE TJ. It's Nov 22 and he's still out in these streets. We are not worthy.

eeesh, this is a new level of dickridership, even for slap

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: SOTY & TJ H8. Tyshawn Ain't Cool - Let's Discuss
« Reply #395 on: November 23, 2022, 03:00:30 AM »
It's undeniable that TJ is already one of the best to ever do it. There's nothing to discuss about his talent because he's incredibly athletic and jumps higher than almost anyone else, save Antonio Durau or Tiago. This is an assessment of Tyshawn's character.

After Gifted Hater's vidpost today I thought this would be a relevant topic because I'm on a tirade in opposition of giving the 2022 SOTY to Tyshawn Jones.

Remember when Phelps flew to NYC to present TJ with his SOTY choice? It could just be me, but I thought Thyshawn was completely unenthused and even fairly disrespectful. Tyshawn is the last person to ever receive a SOTY from the man himself, and he acted like he was too cool to care. I can't find the full vid anymore, and it doesn't seem to be on Thrasher's youtube anymore. I'm not referring to his SOTY party btw, I'm talking about the video where Phelps shows up while TJ is hanging with Mark Gonzales and Strobeck at Houston St. Park. Tyshawn comes off as such a pompous turd in everything from his interviews to his instagram.

I was excited to see what he was going to do with his new board company... we waited a long time to see. Some speculated he'd expand Hardies and do a newer version of Shorty's. And then finally he comes out with KING... which, I don't need to explain how expected, egotistical and boring the name is... but additionally the roll-out of KING was so bad it forced them to immediately rebrand and take down their website logo within the first 24 hours of creating and running the page. Plus to me, the fact that he fucks with Nakel Smith so hard is a bummer all by itself.

Nakel has been a polarizing character, but now he is more than ever. He got his wannabe gangbanger friends to beat up and intimidate Lottie's Skateshop and essentially forced them to shut down. While this is in itself is a very shitty thing to do, I've also personally never been able to watch his footage because he's got such an ugly weasely mug. I can see Nakel's joker-ass becoming the next Jereme Rogers.

In interviews it has been apparent that Tyshawn is somewhat shallow or low-level thinking. Naming Hardies from a game where they punch each other "hard" is an accidental marketing genius idea, but pretty dumb in concept. I think a big part of Hardies' success is their iconic black power fist evoking logo combined with the bolt. We all gotta admit it is a sick ass logo. But what a boring ass origin story of the brand.

I think it's clear that Tyshawn wants to make money off of skateboarding and does't really care about the history. Otherwise he'd be more honored to have Phelps give him the SOTY in person, or he'd have more to say in interviews about getting the opportunity to hang out with Mark Gonzales. Gifted Hater's analysis of his switch ollie over the p table has only added to my theory that TJ is an egotripper and cares too much about clout over paying homage to any history or art or rules of skateboarding.

Because no matter how much we'd hate to admit it, there are a few rules to what flies in the skateboarding industry and what doesn't "pass the vibe-check". Never catch me saying that phrase again. But Tyshawn doesn't really feel like an authentic skateboarder to me. I think he just wants to win, win, win no matter what with money on his mind - he can't ever get enough. Which is rude IMO it's like... dude... money isn't the most important thing in the world... become humble or something maybe find Jesus like Kanye did.

In short - Tyshawn Jones is a certified asshole and a half.

Is this the worst slap take of the year?

Current Capeless

« Reply #396 on: November 23, 2022, 03:00:55 AM »

everybody that says he didnt clear the whole thing is stupid af.
such a sick trick

1080isthebeststunt

« Reply #397 on: November 23, 2022, 03:08:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

everybody that says he didnt clear the whole thing is stupid af.
such a sick trick

never said it wasnt a sick trick
he just didnt ollie over the whole thing
he ollied in between
 8)
do a kickgflip i know you can do it

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #398 on: November 23, 2022, 03:35:30 AM »

Where’s the gifted hater video for this one

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #399 on: November 23, 2022, 03:54:00 AM »
Why are there so many psychos on UWTB.

Tyshawn is the best for doing it twice. first one counted but this is the angle that needed to be in the part.

burner

• Rep: 91
Re: Did he make it this time??
« Reply #400 on: November 23, 2022, 03:57:21 AM »
I expect to be kooked for this one.

Oh no! Looks like he’ll have to do it for a fourth time! ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though, TJ has abilities that are just unbelievable and that was amazing.

Thinking though, I don’t think I’ve ever seen 3 different versions of the same trick - different dates, times of day, outfits, setup, position of table - by the same pro for a single trick at the same spot. The cover, the controversial video one, and now the best one is just on IG. Modern times. Just showed that they just needed to move the table back for more speed and tahdah, too easy for Tyshawn. So what happens to this footage? Just lost on IG? I hope it’s in the part 2 General part as a redemption clip. Guess we’ll see.

Bailearnhardt

• Rep: -5
« Reply #401 on: November 23, 2022, 04:07:27 AM »
Pretty lame of Tyshawn to call GH racist for questioning his trick, but maybe he was joking?

The only weird vibe I've gotten from GH is when he was talking about Sam Hyde on a livestream and he said something like "I don't agree with everything he says but he has interesting perspective".

For anybody that doesn't know, Sam Hyde is a comedian who does alt-right edgy humor. He's done a Reddit AMA where he repeated Great Replacement talking points, and has donated to the legal defense fund of a neo Nazi.

Sounds pretty on brand for a nazi lover to say “interesting perspective”, anytime someone gives that type of leeway to any fascist bs it’s a red flag. I’ve never heard GH talk, I’d rather go skate than listen to someone pontificate on the shit, but to me this sounds like thinly veiled racism, and a lot of the takes on TJ give that same vibe
Vegan meth

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
« Reply #402 on: November 23, 2022, 04:16:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Pretty lame of Tyshawn to call GH racist for questioning his trick, but maybe he was joking?

The only weird vibe I've gotten from GH is when he was talking about Sam Hyde on a livestream and he said something like "I don't agree with everything he says but he has interesting perspective".

For anybody that doesn't know, Sam Hyde is a comedian who does alt-right edgy humor. He's done a Reddit AMA where he repeated Great Replacement talking points, and has donated to the legal defense fund of a neo Nazi.
[close]

Sounds pretty on brand for a nazi lover to say “interesting perspective”, anytime someone gives that type of leeway to any fascist bs it’s a red flag. I’ve never heard GH talk, I’d rather go skate than listen to someone pontificate on the shit, but to me this sounds like thinly veiled racism, and a lot of the takes on TJ give that same vibe

What the hell is wrong with you people? Based on what? How about some context?
A sensible question would be "interesting perspective" on what? On race issues? Well then fuck GH. But pretty sure that's not what he said. Sam Hyde is a damn comedian that says a lot of shit about a lot of things. You'd agree with some of them for sure. But I'm not defending that guy, fuck him. You're just on some Mikey Alfred shit accusing people of whatever fits you.

Gifted hater the nazi lover with black homies and a jewish girlfriend.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 04:25:46 AM by goodatmeth »

somefucker

« Reply #403 on: November 23, 2022, 04:34:01 AM »
i don’t log on to slap for almost two months and it’s like the animals returning to the wild here.

🫡 I love this insane website

kelbywest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #404 on: November 23, 2022, 04:35:05 AM »
Am I the only one failing to see how GH can be called a racist for his analysis on Tyshawn? Or are we just going off of Tyshawn saying it in the comments? Shit is whack either way.

Sure, Tyshawn ollied the table both times, but the second one definitely looked better. No doubt about it.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #405 on: November 23, 2022, 05:42:52 AM »
Huh? Are you arguing with yourself?

Expand Quote
I think he just wants to win, win, win no matter what with money on his mind - he can't ever get enough.
[close]
Yikes

Expand Quote
Which is rude IMO it's like... dude... money isn't the most important thing in the world...
[close]
Seems like you're projecting maybe? You never really made any actual support to why you think that he only cares about money?

Expand Quote

become humble or something maybe find Jesus like Kanye did.

oh and this stuff was jokes just meant for entertainment purposes. Kanye West clearly isn't Humble, nor does he understand Jesus.
[close]

Maurice46

• Rep: 10
« Reply #406 on: November 23, 2022, 06:34:55 AM »
Am I the only one failing to see how GH can be called a racist for his analysis on Tyshawn? Or are we just going off of Tyshawn saying it in the comments? Shit is whack either way.

Sure, Tyshawn ollied the table both times, but the second one definitely looked better. No doubt about it.

No, you are not the only one. As a black person, I know racism is real and is a cancer that runs through all aspects of society. However, this isn't it and IMO to claim it to be so cheapens the real struggles against racism that my ancestors fought and that we continue to fight.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #407 on: November 23, 2022, 06:46:12 AM »
I just wanna say there are 5 very active threads right now that are basically all about Tyshawn and he hasn't even dropped his second part yet.

Just saying.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Fincher5153

• Rep: 9
« Reply #408 on: November 23, 2022, 09:55:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well he's definitely not a Nazi lover - he has moments where he pulls out progressive takes out of nowhere (not that progressive people can't be racist).

At best, he has good intentions but has some blind spots being a white dude. At worst, he's your everyday center-left liberal that over inflates the problem of tech censorship/de-platforming, thus he values hearing "both sides" of a debate no matter what. One of those "I don't agree with you but I'll fight for your right to say it" guys. Not that I disagree with that general sentiment, but some people believe this to a fault and can sometimes end up allowing the worst people to spread hate.

That's just the impression I've gotten from his livestreams and stuff, I don't know the guy personally so I could be wrong. That being said race had nothing to do with his criticism of Tyshawn. He criticizes everybody and Tyshawn isn't above it, but props to him for shutting everyone up.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #409 on: November 23, 2022, 10:27:46 AM »
Saying someone may be racist but being vague about it is definitely a slippery slope.  Doesn’t seem like Tyshawn is approaching such an issue with the proper earnestness considering how big an accusation that is.  Either say what it was or don’t go there.

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #410 on: November 23, 2022, 10:40:28 AM »

So all I saw was an IG story with a screenshot of someone else's tweet saying:
"on my knees begging skaters to acknowledge that they may have unconscious antiblack biases"
That alone was pretty cryptic, and "may have" could be operative words. I also wouldn't jump to the conclusion that was directed to GH.

Maybe I missed something. Is there another part to this where TJ explicitly mentioned GH?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #411 on: November 23, 2022, 10:44:48 AM »
That guy was tweeting about GH before that, so I think it's safe to assume that he was obliquely referring to him there. Of course that is patently ridiculous, since the guy has made dozens of videos about every white kook in skateboarding and his whole thing was "Tyshawn is incredible and I know we can get a better version of this trick."
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

kelbywest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #412 on: November 23, 2022, 10:56:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"on my knees begging skaters to acknowledge that they may have unconscious antiblack biases"
That alone was pretty cryptic, and "may have" could be operative words. I also wouldn't jump to the conclusion that was directed to GH.

Maybe I missed something. Is there another part to this where TJ explicitly mentioned GH?

People were mentioning GH in Tyshawn's livestream yesterday on Instagram and he said "they're talking about that racist n****" - 4:18 mark in the link below.

el bong

• Rep: 8
« Reply #413 on: November 23, 2022, 10:59:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No, you are not the only one. As a black person, I know racism is real and is a cancer that runs through all aspects of society. However, this isn't it and IMO to claim it to be so cheapens the real struggles against racism that my ancestors fought and that we continue to fight.

I feel the same tbh

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #414 on: November 23, 2022, 11:13:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

"on my knees begging skaters to acknowledge that they may have unconscious antiblack biases"

[close]

People were mentioning GH in Tyshawn's livestream yesterday on Instagram and he said "they're talking about that racist n****" - 4:18 mark in the link below.

What I took away from this is that he should do that kf back nose blunt if it’s that easy for him damn

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
« Reply #415 on: November 23, 2022, 11:18:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And then he and his homies laughed about what he just said. Doesn't seem that serious

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #416 on: November 23, 2022, 11:21:00 AM »

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #417 on: November 23, 2022, 11:24:42 AM »
Soooooo who’s going to break this thread apart and make a separate one on UWTB regarding and discussing Gifted Taters repeat history of racist remarks?
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #418 on: November 23, 2022, 01:05:12 PM »
Soooooo who’s going to break this thread apart and make a separate one on UWTB regarding and discussing Gifted Taters repeat history of racist remarks?
I haven’t heard about it. Enlighten us

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #419 on: November 23, 2022, 01:34:34 PM »
“That racist n****” is always gonna feel like a weird choice of words to me.