Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones SOTY  (Read 65629 times)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
Re: Tyshawn Jones SOTY
« Reply #480 on: November 24, 2022, 06:21:27 PM »
TJ is fucking sick but I want Louie to win it cause he's fucking sick too and deserves one
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

able

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #481 on: November 24, 2022, 06:47:48 PM »
Someone mentioned this at some point in one of the many Tyshawn threads

I feel like everyone talking shit needs to go back and watch his Blessed part
I scoured the internet for a half hour just to find this, sheesh!

Nick Merlino switch back 270 lip

ableSkateMag.com

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #482 on: November 24, 2022, 08:12:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I pointed this out in another thread because some fool said "he doesn skate rails as well as other pros
[close]

I said he's not the conversation as one of the best rail skaters and he isn't and said  there are a bunch of pros better than him at rails and there are.
 One trick don't change that.  So guy is one of the best rail skaters cuz he switch tre'd fakie 5-0'd one? Guess people haven't seen what's been going down on rails for years..
[close]

Switch 360 flip nosegrind*. I wouldn’t consider Tyshawn a rail chomper but I wouldn’t be surprised if he could do any rail you put him in front of. I don’t see him seeking out the biggest rail to 5050 or boardslide, his parts seem a little more curated. For instance the Switch Ollie over to nosegrind the NYC playground rail in The General was sick and not something you see in any given part.
[close]
Easily the most devalued/misused term in the english language for the past fifteen or so years.

It's not often you hear or read people say "curated" but the word "literally" is misused over 1 million times minimum every day for a long while now.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #483 on: November 24, 2022, 08:27:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I pointed this out in another thread because some fool said "he doesn skate rails as well as other pros
[close]

I said he's not the conversation as one of the best rail skaters and he isn't and said  there are a bunch of pros better than him at rails and there are.
 One trick don't change that.  So guy is one of the best rail skaters cuz he switch tre'd fakie 5-0'd one? Guess people haven't seen what's been going down on rails for years..
[close]

Switch 360 flip nosegrind*. I wouldn’t consider Tyshawn a rail chomper but I wouldn’t be surprised if he could do any rail you put him in front of. I don’t see him seeking out the biggest rail to 5050 or boardslide, his parts seem a little more curated. For instance the Switch Ollie over to nosegrind the NYC playground rail in The General was sick and not something you see in any given part.
[close]
Easily the most devalued/misused term in the english language for the past fifteen or so years.
[close]

It's not often you hear or read people say "curated" but the word "literally" is misused over 1 million times minimum every day for a long while now.
"Literally" was misused so much that it's meaning changed. I've heard now both uses are correct.
@h00man people forget Daveed actually was good at literally everything (see what I did there)

Lester Bullocks

• Rep: 18
« Reply #484 on: November 24, 2022, 08:28:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Select, organize, and present (online content). That definition was from Oxford Dictionaries website. I’ll admit I’m not the best writer or speaker. Are you criticizing the word or my use of it? Either way TJ’s parts are usually diverse and show him skating many different spots.
My criticism is your use of it (it's nothing personal against you as it's a generational thing/product of the digital age but it's also a huge pet peeve of mine).  Traditionally a curator is one who has care/superintendence of a museum/gallery or other place of exhibit, it is extremely involved, detail oriented and difficult work. There is an insanely large gap between what a museum curator does relative to time/effort/training/expertise vs. someone selecting clips for a skate video part, selecting songs from the internet for a playlist, putting together a menu at a small cafe ect.  The modern use of the verb curate is an attempt by people to elevate/add value to things that don't take all that much effort (and sounds super fucking corny to boot, Jenkem is a serial offender).  Despite being from the New York Times (which has been in steady decline for years quality-wise) this article does a decent job of explaining in more detail-
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/03/style/curate-buzzword.html

« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 08:37:00 PM by Lester Bullocks »

Free Whirl

• Rep: 3
« Reply #485 on: November 24, 2022, 09:29:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Select, organize, and present (online content). That definition was from Oxford Dictionaries website. I’ll admit I’m not the best writer or speaker. Are you criticizing the word or my use of it? Either way TJ’s parts are usually diverse and show him skating many different spots.
[close]
My criticism is your use of it (it's nothing personal against you as it's a generational thing/product of the digital age but it's also a huge pet peeve of mine).  Traditionally a curator is one who has care/superintendence of a museum/gallery or other place of exhibit, it is extremely involved, detail oriented and difficult work. There is an insanely large gap between what a museum curator does relative to time/effort/training/expertise vs. someone selecting clips for a skate video part, selecting songs from the internet for a playlist, putting together a menu at a small cafe ect.  The modern use of the verb curate is an attempt by people to elevate/add value to things that don't take all that much effort (and sounds super fucking corny to boot, Jenkem is a serial offender).  Despite being from the New York Times (which has been in steady decline for years quality-wise) this article does a decent job of explaining in more detail-

museum curators are goofy af 🤣 inflated ego through the roof

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #486 on: November 24, 2022, 09:32:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
"Literally" was misused so much that it's meaning changed. I've heard now both uses are correct.
@h00man people forget Daveed actually was good at literally everything (see what I did there)

I always enjoy reading your replies to my dumb posts. You're a good dude.

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 94
« Reply #487 on: November 26, 2022, 01:41:39 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/ClbwpPLvWzn/

seems like a big hint to Louie Lopez SOTY - "Hope this is your best year ever"

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #488 on: November 26, 2022, 02:18:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

"To curate something is to carefully choose, arrange, and present different items in order to get a particular effect."

That's literally what it means, why be such a kook about it?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #489 on: November 26, 2022, 02:20:25 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/ClbwpPLvWzn/

seems like a big hint to Louie Lopez SOTY - "Hope this is your best year ever"

Maybe, but it’s his birthday and it seems more like a bday wish

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #490 on: November 26, 2022, 04:00:14 PM »
Yeah wtf this kid who is upset that curate is being used outside of a museum setting make me laugh

dannyprovolone

« Reply #491 on: November 26, 2022, 04:03:41 PM »
fat bill curates the spot

Christ Puncher

• Rep: 40
« Reply #492 on: November 26, 2022, 04:57:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

"Oh, you 'curated' those clips? You fucking 'CURATED' them? How much time did you put into it? HOW MUCH!? I guess it's all your fucking 'curation' training, right? Remind me: where did you study again? Huh? WHERE!? Oh that's weird – no training, huh? I guess you learned a lot from years of working in goddamn galleries and FUCKING MUSEUMS, right? No? NO, YOU FUCKING DIDN'T! DID YOU!? Fucking 'curated' – Jesus fucking Christ. You fucking 'SELECTED' that shit. SELECTED... It's a fucking selection. Yeah, fucken' walk away with your curation-ass fucken' bullshit... fucking jerkoff."
I would skate a Najaf board if it was a nice shoe and my size.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #493 on: November 26, 2022, 05:10:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Are you Mark Suciu?

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 20
« Reply #494 on: November 27, 2022, 07:50:15 PM »
Lol

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #495 on: November 28, 2022, 12:49:57 AM »
I prefer the term 'Curadle'
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 39
« Reply #496 on: November 28, 2022, 03:42:30 AM »
Woe becom'st to all in haste
Worry ne'er for it'd be late
A tragic tale I shall relate
of faulty utter
utter words in waste

A man of stature, we can say as much
Lest err thy use of fancy words and such
"Bollocks!" he shouts, spouting vengeful rage
"Those oppos'd, Hell shall sure await"
Forsooth his temperament irate
For misuse of his cherised word; curate 

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #497 on: November 28, 2022, 12:54:55 PM »

W caption on tyshawns part

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #498 on: November 28, 2022, 07:19:46 PM »
Who went to the supreme premiere?

His ender was switch something over a can. Switch front heel who knows

https://instagram.com/stories/quartersnacks/2981844258996463686?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Free max b
FREE MAX B

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #499 on: November 28, 2022, 07:23:03 PM »

Free max b

Switch face zoom somewhere in the proximity of a can
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #500 on: November 28, 2022, 07:32:48 PM »

https://instagram.com/stories/quartersnacks/2981844258996463686?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Free max b

Well, hopefully it’s not paywalled like every other supreme vid

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1137
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #501 on: November 28, 2022, 07:42:40 PM »
If you went to the premier can you give some insight on where it’s stands up to nyjahs current  standings

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #502 on: November 28, 2022, 07:54:12 PM »
If you went to the premier can you give some insight on where it’s stands up to nyjahs current  standings

Tyshawn won
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

veritas

« Reply #503 on: November 28, 2022, 08:18:43 PM »

Still no rape accusations so Nyjah is still in the lead

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1137
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #504 on: November 28, 2022, 08:23:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Still no rape accusations so Nyjah is still in the lead
we get it man. The horse is dead

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -139
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
« Reply #505 on: November 28, 2022, 09:28:21 PM »

another reason why tyshawn should be soty

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
« Reply #506 on: November 29, 2022, 10:14:10 AM »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #507 on: November 29, 2022, 10:44:33 AM »
Tyshawn's next mission:

Esports gaming baybeeee!

You think he plays Fortnite or Dead by Daylight?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #508 on: November 29, 2022, 11:20:47 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CljedJ1g60v/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Chair of the year

dropping this in the heat of the SOTY conversation is fucking hilarious

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
« Reply #509 on: November 29, 2022, 02:27:14 PM »
nyjahs part put me half to sleep and tyshawns footage had me screaming take what you want from that
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick