Author Topic: advice on how to BS nosegrind  (Read 654 times)

switchfakie

advice on how to BS nosegrind
« on: October 15, 2022, 11:05:28 PM »
today i landed my first back nosegrind. I never tried the trick before because i hate how they look and how accepted it is to scrape them (lets not get into politics of that here tho). I thought i'd give some advice to anybody who wants it out there

1) have back krooks absolutely down solid

2) pop into it parallel and pinch your heelside wheel pretty much the same way as a crook

3) nollie out the same way as a krook

the trick is so easy if you have krooks down. the main difference is that you pop into it parallel instead of at an angle.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: advice on how to BS nosegrind
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 06:57:19 AM »
Being very comfortable with doing BS 50-50 really helped, takes a while to wrap your head around popping and shifting your weight being you but once you do it opens up a world of tricks.

The 1 tip that helped me off Slap was to think of it was doing a nose manual on the side of the ledge, that way your weight is over the truck and you can hold the grind. Thinking of it as a crooked grind and shifting my back foot in usually results in sticking since my weight is more forward (over the nose) when it should be further behind.

Now if someone has tips on doing a BS 180 out of BS Nosegrind, I would be eternally grateful.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

whale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 11:48:29 AM »
^what’s your problem with it?
If you try it out of a long grind, shift your weight more to your heel and the revert should start automatically.
Shorter ones I kinda jump a little bit more over the edge of the ledge and after the ollie keep turning my hip/back leg.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 06:33:29 PM »
If you try it out of a long grind, shift your weight more to your heel and the revert should start automatically.
Shorter ones I kinda jump a little bit more over the edge of the ledge and after the ollie keep turning my hip/back leg.

I feel my momentum is always going forward in the grind - all grind and I feel too stiff to rotate out.

When I try and land with more weight on my front truck and pinch the front wheel to pivot out I stick.

I'm not sure where I should be looking, my angle of approach or how I should be winding up my shoulders.

Always been more comfortable with Nollie FS 180 vs BS 180, FS Nosegrind FS 180 out came pretty easily for me.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

whale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 04:43:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel my momentum is always going forward in the grind - all grind and I feel too stiff to rotate out.

When I try and land with more weight on my front truck and pinch the front wheel to pivot out I stick.

I'm not sure where I should be looking, my angle of approach or how I should be winding up my shoulders.

Always been more comfortable with Nollie FS 180 vs BS 180, FS Nosegrind FS 180 out came pretty easily for me.
Try not pinching the front wheel, start your rotation from the back. Turn the shoulder and the rest of your body should follow.
Fs nosegrind reverts are way easier for me too, unless grinding a fair distance.