Author Topic: Buenos Aires  (Read 898 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Buenos Aires
« on: October 16, 2022, 02:59:20 AM »
Any pals in or been to Buenos Aires? If the latter any tips, recommendations, etc...? I'll be there for a couple of months soon.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
Re: Buenos Aires
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 06:33:51 AM »
Eat at Don Julio its supposed to be the best steakhouse in the world.  If you don't like meat skip going to Buenos Aires.

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 11:50:08 AM »
You could manual across the widest road in the world, Avenida 9 de Julio.

Be sure to drink the yerba mate and Quilmes. Lots of parks around the city, and a good amount of shredders. Wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to find some people to link up with.

Eat some morcilla as well (blood sausage), I love that shit

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 08:40:08 PM »
Eat at Don Julio its supposed to be the best steakhouse in the world.  If you don't like meat skip going to Buenos Aires.
There's lots of Vegan shit as a counter to all the meat. If you like meat though its pretty bomb as mentioned before. Buenos Aires is fucking killer for skating.
Tons of parks all over open 24/7 with lights all night on (Maybe not all but most do), You can meet up at parks and drink and skate all night if you want to. On saturdays there is a local skate market at Plaza Houssay (skatepark that used to be a local plaza spot years ago.) Spots everywhere if you don't mind a little roughness. You will see people doing some ridiculous skating with the worst boards. Great public transportation. The girls are CRAZY hot and really cool too.

This site is a bit old but shows a lot of dope shit from Buenos Aires and some kick ass montages!
http://www.skatersatlas.com/category/issues/issue-no-10-buenes-aires/

Also here are some videos that you might want to watch to check out of the spots and vibe in general.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rLtV58x9UA&t=198s&ab_channel=DelivxryBsAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyWZlrWPm0U&ab_channel=DelivxryBsAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapmJoLKI5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSDj2U7jkTs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWGW7bKNSdc
As a shamless plug I'll add one I I made while living out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAqwvZB1U38
If you have any further questions you can shoot me a PM
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 08:57:07 PM by gsosa »

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 12:02:15 PM »

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 02:26:12 PM »
@sexualhelon  Just replied your PM. Hit me up.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

andygutierrez

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 04:54:08 PM »
One of the best cities I've been to. Some well-known spots are around Parque del Bajo. Locals have also built and fixed a few of them. I also recommend taking the train to Bernal and Quilmes (about 30 minutes and ridiculously cheap) to find some gnarly DIYs: slappy bernal, and 14 de agosto respectively.

hellawatters

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2023, 11:36:40 AM »
I’m going to BA for just a weekend (just an entry point for a longer trip with another flight) I am thinking about bringing my board but was also thinking about the economics of just bringing wheels and trucks and buying a deck down there so as to avoid baggage fees. Any one have ideas on how much a deck would cost down there?

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 08:33:30 AM »
I’m going to BA for just a weekend (just an entry point for a longer trip with another flight) I am thinking about bringing my board but was also thinking about the economics of just bringing wheels and trucks and buying a deck down there so as to avoid baggage fees. Any one have ideas on how much a deck would cost down there?

It will be more expensive than anywhere, they have crazy taxes on imports
a local non crazy board its 50 USD
a local know brand (woodoo) 70 USD
a american DLXSF board can be more than 150 USD
and pair of ACE trucks can be 160 USD

Im from Chile, over here prices are not too far from the real ones

grapes

• Rep: 2
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023, 10:03:08 AM »
Also going to be visiting for a few weeks. Any recs on staying in Palermo/Recoleta or closer to downtown?

enrgydrnkr

• Rep: 25
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023, 10:34:10 AM »
Also going to be visiting for a few weeks. Any recs on staying in Palermo/Recoleta or closer to downtown?

It depends on your priorities; if you want to skate around and be close to cool spots, I recommend staying in downtown close to the Obelisc, San Telmo, Plaza de Mayo. I lived in San Telmo for most of last year and skating from my front door to meet up with friends and go to the most frequented spots was incredibly easy. There is also great cafes, some good bars, and cultural sites like Mercados and historic buildings

If you like nightlife, Palermo is the best place to be, but you can sometimes end up a bit isolated from transportation and spots because it’s a big neighborhood that lies between the main subway lines. I’d probably choose something close to Avenida Santa Fe so you can get on the Línea D (Green Line) subway easily.

Everyone stays in Palermo when they come, but from personal bias from my last 3 years leaving in Argentina, id go for San Telmo or San  Nicolás (microcentro).

grapes

• Rep: 2
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2023, 01:49:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It depends on your priorities; if you want to skate around and be close to cool spots, I recommend staying in downtown close to the Obelisc, San Telmo, Plaza de Mayo. I lived in San Telmo for most of last year and skating from my front door to meet up with friends and go to the most frequented spots was incredibly easy. There is also great cafes, some good bars, and cultural sites like Mercados and historic buildings

If you like nightlife, Palermo is the best place to be, but you can sometimes end up a bit isolated from transportation and spots because it’s a big neighborhood that lies between the main subway lines. I’d probably choose something close to Avenida Santa Fe so you can get on the Línea D (Green Line) subway easily.

Everyone stays in Palermo when they come, but from personal bias from my last 3 years leaving in Argentina, id go for San Telmo or San  Nicolás (microcentro).

Word, I appreciate it!

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2023, 08:08:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It will be more expensive than anywhere, they have crazy taxes on imports
a local non crazy board its 50 USD
a local know brand (woodoo) 70 USD
a american DLXSF board can be more than 150 USD
and pair of ACE trucks can be 160 USD

Im from Chile, over here prices are not too far from the real ones

Don't know when was the last time you came to argentina but those prices aren't right,  I just checked the local ebay(MercadoLibre) ace 44 classics are around $65USD w/free shipping, AF1 almost 80, like indys. As far as decks, you can find some american brands, they are around 100, but there's a shortage of good products( i haven't seen F4s in a looong time) the only thing readily available is NHS stuff brought by some big chain. I would suggest to bring your trucks and wheels and buy a woodoo deck, now is like 50 with grip and it's fine, nothing fancy but nice shape and it's solid, kinda like a jart.

Everything else said above it's on point! Maybe I'm biased but right now it's like eurotrip 2, you can have the best time at the finest places if you come with USD. Better take advantage while we are cheap.

Also it's pretty hot right now, like 30°C every day, so no warm clothes. If any pal needs some help while you're here just send me a PM!

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2023, 02:38:24 AM »
Hey Pals, I'm looking at doing a trip down to Antarctica in December this year, it sounds like it would drop me back in Buenos Aires just before Christmas. I was wondering if it was worth adding on some time in the city over Christmas, and maybe the next few days before new years eve. Would love some insight as to weather it's worth spending any time in the city during that period, or if I'd be better off aiming for early December instead if it's going to be completely dead that week.
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2023, 02:59:08 AM »
Hey Pals, I'm looking at doing a trip down to Antarctica in December this year, it sounds like it would drop me back in Buenos Aires just before Christmas. I was wondering if it was worth adding on some time in the city over Christmas, and maybe the next few days before new years eve. Would love some insight as to weather it's worth spending any time in the city during that period, or if I'd be better off aiming for early December instead if it's going to be completely dead that week.

I would say it's probably the same, city kinda dies after Jan 1st, until nye there's still lots of people. Only difference will be less traffic and probably less protests around downtown.