Author Topic: F1 (formula one) thread  (Read 5219 times)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 798
Re: F1 (formula one) thread
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2023, 06:34:14 AM »
This spirit race crap is stupid. Why don't the just use the qualifications for the sprint and the results of the sprint for the line up of the race. I wish the just did the normal practices, qualifying and the race Sunday thou.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2023, 01:47:08 AM »
Kinda lost interest in the last few races but as I now have a quiet day gonna watch Singapore especially after reading about the qualifications, pretty crazy for red bull to drop off that much. I'm sure they will sort it and Max will be on the podium thou.

Skibb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2023, 02:44:23 PM »
What a fucking race. Amazing.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2023, 03:50:14 AM »
What a fucking race. Amazing.
Ya glad i watched it. How good would this season have been had red bull preformed like that the whole year. Was great seeing Carlos and Lando hugging they both defo worked together. Russel blew it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2023, 06:28:40 AM »
That race was nuts.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2023, 12:25:45 PM »
Best race this season, Sainz just came out of summer break hot last few races were amazing...Charles was good but not good enough, Max almost caught him in the end.   The Carlos and Lando Bromance still lives...so good seeing them chill after the race.  Lewis was pissed at the end...knew he got held up by George, Hamilton could have taken it, he was faster.

Lewis was good in the end, Russell didn't seem like could pass Lando, the McLaren and Ferrari just had the straight line speed. 

Heard the reason redbull sucked is because they have to use the same height setup for the Japanese GP and knew it wasn't going to work for singapore.  Everyone said afterwards they will likely be back in Japan. 

Lawsom was dope...confirming Riccardo's days are washed after he fucked his hand,  Alex Albion had a few good races...especially at Italy.     

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2023, 11:45:05 PM »
Best race this season, Sainz just came out of summer break hot last few races were amazing...Charles was good but not good enough, Max almost caught him in the end.   The Carlos and Lando Bromance still lives...so good seeing them chill after the race.  Lewis was pissed at the end...knew he got held up by George, Hamilton could have taken it, he was faster.

Lewis was good in the end, Russell didn't seem like could pass Lando, the McLaren and Ferrari just had the straight line speed. 

Heard the reason redbull sucked is because they have to use the same height setup for the Japanese GP and knew it wasn't going to work for singapore.  Everyone said afterwards they will likely be back in Japan. 

Lawsom was dope...confirming Riccardo's days are washed after he fucked his hand,  Alex Albion had a few good races...especially at Italy.   

Yeah, Singapore is very, very specific. Even in the previous Mercedes years, where they would give a lap basically to anyone and win 1-2 with 30 seconds to spare, Singapore was the place where they struggled. I think Japan will be Max back on the top no problem, unless he crashes.

Anyway, these last couple of laps were amazing, and kudos to Carlos, he is really good when he goes hard. Good thinking too.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2023, 09:09:07 AM »
What the fuck lol. Just put on the Brazil race. Lol. Ferrari crashing on the formation lap..then the first corner .. madness.

Skibb

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2023, 12:58:41 PM »
What the fuck lol. Just put on the Brazil race. Lol. Ferrari crashing on the formation lap..then the first corner .. madness.

The fucking finish though!!! Hell yeah, Fernando!

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2023, 03:13:56 PM »
Fernando made the race at the end super entertaining!!! I was bored with most of that race.  Wanted to see charles race too.

Props on Lando these last few races are showing how unbelievably good he is. 

Lol at Mercedes taking a shit this weekend. After the race everyone was like fuck this car

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2023, 03:32:19 AM »
Yeah the finish was insane, glad Fernando held on to 3rd! I thought Norris was gonna fight more with Max but still an amazing result. Mercedes needs to get there shit sorted...same with Ferrari

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2023, 08:05:15 AM »
Palace x Alpine F1 soon...fuck.

Skibb

« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2023, 10:07:08 PM »
Wow, just saw this! That is wiiiiiiiiild.

Watching FP1 right now, what a shit show haha.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2023, 12:42:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wow, just saw this! That is wiiiiiiiiild.

Watching FP1 right now, what a shit show haha.

Hahahaha fucking loose drain cover!! How much did that cost lol. This weekend will be a shit show.

Yeah the Palace Alpine stuff is insane, how the fuck did that happen!

Edit: They (Ferrari) are pissed:

“It is just unacceptable,” said a furious Ferrari team principal Fred Vasseur.

“It cost us a fortune. We fucked up the session for Carlos. We won’t be part of FP2 for sure. I think it’s just unacceptable for F1 today.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/nov/17/las-vegas-gp-opening-practice-cancelled-after-cars-damaged-by-drain-covers

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2023, 08:55:29 AM »
Also came to post the alpine / palace race suites.  I thought it was kinda sick to see. 

Im in cali so i am on the same time as vegas, was thoroughly dissatisfied with fp1 had to get up at midnight to see fp2 and they were like…nah come back at 2am, set clock to 2am and they were still delayed

Lol Does anyone remember that scene in driven where stallone had to race on the vegas strip and they pull up the manhole covers

Gotta say im on maxs side when he said it was a circus.  Toto blowing his top over the manhole cover was funny to see this morning.

Also the fans having to see a shit fp1 had to leave fp2 did not get refunded …so fucked

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2023, 10:09:53 AM »
Yeah what the fuck is that about (fans not being able to stay and watch it). Not a fan of Max but he is spot one and glad he has the balls to call a spade a spade, no one else really was until this manhole thing.

I tried to get a palace / Alpine shirt but it was sold out before I put my credit card numbers in. Fuck it. Black Friday sales are coming up.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2023, 01:39:43 AM »
Quali was tight, the course is spectacular. Looking forward to the race. Viva Las Vegas!
why come?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2023, 03:43:51 AM »
Wtf Williams!
It's on at 7H here tomorrow morn so not sure I'll get up in time for it. Bullshit they gave a grid peno to Ferrari...

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2023, 08:52:10 PM »
Just woke up automatically, it‘s not even 6am, thinking what am I doing now? Then it dawns (pun intended) on me that there is a race in an hour. Let‘s go!
why come?

Skibb

« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2023, 11:10:52 PM »
Damn, what happened with Lando?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2023, 11:27:44 PM »
Damn, what happened with Lando?

Not sure, suspension broken? Hopefully not injured.

Great race, besides that.
why come?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2023, 11:32:22 PM »
Race was okay…wanted Ferrari to win

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2023, 03:30:25 AM »
Just watched the highlights, they missed too much stuff, will watch the full reply later this afternoon.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2023, 07:35:36 AM »
Definitely one of the better races of the season. I do feel for the spectators that paid to be there though, seemed like a bit of a hot mess.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2023, 04:26:23 AM »
Last race of the season in a half hour or so. Max on pole hopefully it's not just him leading the whole thing and winning...

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2023, 04:35:35 AM »
Last race of the season in a half hour or so. Max on pole hopefully it's not just him leading the whole thing and winning...

Enjoy the race. Hammer down and good luck lads.
why come?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2023, 03:51:17 PM »
The beginning was good, still kind of crazy how dominant red bull was this season…sorta killed wanting to watch the races this season.  My favorites this season were lando and charles, Fernando was dope this season makes me forget about that terrible season when he retired

Tbh i t thought the grid walks were better than the races this season, machine gun kelly making martin brundle uncomfortable was hilarious, its crazy how many tennis and golf players like F1

funny to hear how fed up people are of max winning after being fed up with lewis

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2024, 04:40:08 PM »
Lewis Hamilton of Merc

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2024, 06:54:44 PM »
why come?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2024, 03:14:59 AM »
So Ferrari is gonna lose there best strategist...