Author Topic: F1 (formula one) thread  (Read 5011 times)

doctorkickflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
F1 (formula one) thread
« on: October 17, 2022, 12:13:46 PM »
As far as I know there is no F1 thread here, which surprises me since all I hear about these days is how incredibly popular it is.

I’ve really enjoyed the season so far, last couple of months have been a little bit of a snooze with the championship being well wrapped up but now that’s over maybe we’ll see some experimenting and interesting racing?

Anyway Austin next week, who ya got?

cky enthusiast

Re: F1 (formula one) thread
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 12:47:46 PM »
ayrton senna is god. F1 died when they allowed traction control and got its grave pissed on when they allowed KERS/DRS

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 01:15:15 PM »
I'm just hoping for no rain so we get some proper racing this weekend. COTA is a tough track so I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming race.

I don't root for any driver in particular, but I've been enjoying watching Max rise to the top and be so in tune with his car.

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 01:25:49 PM »
we only fuck with formula 4

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 01:41:10 PM »
The rain bs pisses me off. Plus they are cutting traditional tracks for parking lots in Vegas etc. Does my head in. Like seriously talking about dropping Monaco! Circuit Paul Ricard was epic, then they also have all these races in Abu Dhabi etc...let alone letting Red Bullshit off with nothing for breaking the budget cap. They blew it at some point.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 01:44:00 PM »
This will be the second championship Red Bull have cheated i

If they really come out of this without loosing some serious points.. the whole thing is a sham

Max has won it but the battle between Merc and Ferrari is still on
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 06:16:34 PM »
I work in Motorsport (I actually want to get out of the industry...)

F1 (mainly Honda) was the biggest source of stress in my life... its has gotten better as Honda got their act together... but it still sucks.... I wouldn't say Red Bull "cheated"... because they all cheat in one way or another...

Ferrari was their own worst enemy all year..
Mercedes were too radical in their chassis design...
Red Bull/Honda just put a better package together (Plus Max can drive... even though he is a doofus)

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2022, 12:56:22 AM »
ayrton senna is god. F1 died when they allowed traction control and got its grave pissed on when they allowed KERS/DRS

Bro, they haven't been using traction control for almost 15 years.

doctorkickflip

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2022, 07:09:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bro, they haven't been using traction control for almost 15 years.
haha yep. Dude quit watching after the early 90's, I guess traction control really fumed him that much.

doctorkickflip

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2022, 07:21:46 AM »
Farrari really was a depressing watch this summer. Binotto doing spygate 2.0? Self-sabotage gate?

And yeah I'm not a big Max fan but it's pretty obvious he's very fast. Cost cap or not. I'm happy to see he's stopped wearing flatbrimmed hats. That truly was about 20% of the reason I hated watching him win.

I don't think they'll ever get rid of Monoco, even with it looking miserable to drive the drivers themselves still seem to love it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2022, 07:36:15 AM »
Nice thread. I'll be checking in on the regular.

As a Swiss dude, I am rooting for Sauber.

Objectively Max is the best driver atm, but there are good young dudes, Leclerc, Russel, Norris, all have talent. Also that young Aussie dude Piastri must be good. Plus the old experienced lads still going hard, Hamilton, Perez, Alonso, Bottas... All shenanigans aside, I have been enjoying this season.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

cky enthusiast

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2022, 08:07:27 AM »
i pine for the days of gerhard berger

i’m a mega casual now and mostly watch old(ish) stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oh1OVW56kE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ogTx_7a9A90

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2022, 08:39:00 AM »
The rain bs pisses me off. Plus they are cutting traditional tracks for parking lots in Vegas etc. Does my head in. Like seriously talking about dropping Monaco! Circuit Paul Ricard was epic, then they also have all these races in Abu Dhabi etc...let alone letting Red Bullshit off with nothing for breaking the budget cap. They blew it at some point.

Monaco hasn't been good in a long time, plus the drivers all say they its one of their least favorites tracks due to the inability to overpass, I also hear Paul Ricard was annoying because of track limits. A lot of the new tracks aren't great either.  Was stoked that japan was back this yr

Red Bull has had a lot of success as a energy drink sponsor, not a fan because they dont make cars or engines.

was plenty happy when Mazespin got the axe this year, and latifi has got to be one of the worst ever, glad he's leaving williams

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2022, 11:06:05 AM »
Goatifi haha. Guess Mick will be getting the boot also...was good to see Haas actually get points this year.

Monaco has to be seen in person, I grew up in awe watching it on telly in the late 80's and early 90's. One of the first things I did when I moved to France was go for a look. So much shit to skate btw but way too much security (well in summer anyways). There is a brilliant 16mm film of the course from the 60's somewhere on YouTube.

Pretty stoked on this thread as non of my mates give a toss about F1. Only got back into it cause this chick I was seeing last summer is super into it and always asked me to watch it with her.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2022, 12:20:59 AM »
gerhard berger
well this is a name i was NOT expecting to read on the SLAP boards EVER.

doctorkickflip

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2022, 07:11:31 AM »
Does anyone have any f1 podcast recommendations? For lack of anything better, I've been reluctantly listening to WTF1 but the hosts can be so grating at times, also listen to the race podcast but it's a little dry.

If anyone knows the f1 equivalent to the bunt in terms of vibes and humor please hook me up!

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2022, 12:21:17 AM »
 Ive been watching F1 since Mikka Hakkinen was champion, its like a religion to me.

I love this new era. Max is a beast, I wish last year ended better, but he absolutely deserved to win. This year, no question, multiple all time drives. From 14th to win at Spa, 10th to win at Zandvort.. Nobody can touch him this year.

I would love to see more fights for 1st, and somebody other than Ferarri/Redbull to win a race at least, but Im all about the Verstappen show.

Every sport should have somebody like that, an absolute fucking beast that is way above and shows all the others what is possible.

I was never a Hamilton fan, but Max reminds me of Schumacher a lot, just an agressive, fast, precise driver that pushed the car to the absolute limit and above. Lewis is one of the GOATs, but he is a fuckin diva.

Anyway, looking forward to this weekend, whats up USA.

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2022, 01:15:23 AM »
Does anyone have any f1 podcast recommendations? For lack of anything better, I've been reluctantly listening to WTF1 but the hosts can be so grating at times, also listen to the race podcast but it's a little dry.

If anyone knows the f1 equivalent to the bunt in terms of vibes and humor please hook me up!

I like Shift+F1 for the chill banter, and I like Missed Apex for getting really nerdy.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2022, 10:25:17 AM »
Ive been watching F1 since Mikka Hakkinen was champion, its like a religion to me.

I love this new era. Max is a beast, I wish last year ended better, but he absolutely deserved to win. This year, no question, multiple all time drives. From 14th to win at Spa, 10th to win at Zandvort.. Nobody can touch him this year.

I would love to see more fights for 1st, and somebody other than Ferarri/Redbull to win a race at least, but Im all about the Verstappen show.

Every sport should have somebody like that, an absolute fucking beast that is way above and shows all the others what is possible.

I was never a Hamilton fan, but Max reminds me of Schumacher a lot, just an agressive, fast, precise driver that pushed the car to the absolute limit and above. Lewis is one of the GOATs, but he is a fuckin diva.

Anyway, looking forward to this weekend, whats up USA.

lol Max isn't anywhere close to shcumacher, he just drives dirty and is riskier, not a fan of his driving style or his attitude...I think Lando has a waaay better style and attitude, too bad Mclaren couldnt pull it off. Also at least Micheal was on a team that makes actual cars, which is way more than what I can say for Max's team,Honda should have an F1 team as well as supply engines. 

Not the best year for lewis, but the fact is he is still a better driver than Max, more GP wins than micheal as well.

I wanted LeClerc or Sainz to win this year...hoping Lando becomes champion someday

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2022, 11:49:32 AM »
Anyone got a link for a stream?

doctorkickflip

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2022, 01:24:00 PM »
I think it’s on ABC? It’s a fucking bonkers one

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2022, 01:38:41 PM »
Fuckin hell, Max is pushing like a maniac, I love it. Great race this weekend. And that Alonso/Stroll crash, that was crazy.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2022, 01:54:13 PM »
Nice manual by Alonso.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

doctorkickflip

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2022, 07:44:12 PM »
Nice manual by Alonso.
Lol. It’s amazing he was able to end up p7 after that. Seems like only Fernando could make that work.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2022, 10:55:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Nice manual by Alonso.
[close]
Lol. It’s amazing he was able to end up p7 after that. Seems like only Fernando could make that work.

I just woke up to read that he got a post race penalty for 30 seconds, so he ended up being 15th in the end. Haas protested against his rear view mirror flopping around in the race.

doctorkickflip

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2022, 09:43:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nice manual by Alonso.
[close]
[close]

I just woke up to read that he got a post race penalty for 30 seconds, so he ended up being 15th in the end. Haas protested against his rear view mirror flopping around in the race.
Jesus Christ that sucks. If the stewards were so offended by his mirror why didn’t they force him into the pits during the race?

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2022, 10:20:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nice manual by Alonso.
[close]
[close]

[close]
Jesus Christ that sucks. If the stewards were so offended by his mirror why didn’t they force him into the pits during the race?

Haas has been given some questionable black and orange flags throughout the season so I think they are in the right to protest it. Also Micks car got damage from the debris before he got the off track penalty later in the race.

Lets be honest, the race stewards are terrible this year.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2022, 09:35:48 AM »
Alonso is a fuckin maniac!

Can't believe he brought that car home. Max is just in pure peak form right now. Marc Johnson Yeah Right era perfection.

Been rooting for ferrari this year but ferrari going to ferrari.

was GUTTED to see vettel get a bad pitstop ruining his whole race.

Also Ricciardo is dumb for not taking whatever seat he can get...
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2022, 09:49:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think it’s on ABC? It’s a fucking bonkers one

It's on canal+ in France, I'm not paying €22 a month for that. I hardly ever turn on my TV and when I do it's YouTube via PS4 for skate videos. Normally I watch F1/Foot in a pub.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2022, 10:59:58 AM »
I pay for F1TV, it has all the GPs, trainings, qualis, archive back to maybe 2019, lots of news. i think its about 7€ a month, which is a steal for the amount of content, and I have the app on my TV, phone and also Im logged through my laptop.

Highly recommend.

Also, Alonso is the biggest Chad in F1, I love it.