Author Topic: F1 (formula one) thread  (Read 5008 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
Re: F1 (formula one) thread
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2022, 11:27:20 AM »
Alonso is a fuckin maniac!

Can't believe he brought that car home. Max is just in pure peak form right now. Marc Johnson Yeah Right era perfection.

Been rooting for ferrari this year but ferrari going to ferrari.

was GUTTED to see vettel get a bad pitstop ruining his whole race.

Also Ricciardo is dumb for not taking whatever seat he can get...

Riccardo not driving next year bummed me out, but he does have a bit of entitlement/ego because redbull liked max more than him...kind of more gutted that Vettel is not going to race next year, his rivalry with lewis was one of my favorite F1 moments, i think his stint at ferrari made him kind of bitter about the sport.

I also really wanted ferrari to win this year, but they blew it early (hints at what Vettel had to deal with for sure)

super partial to Mercedez, russell was dope now that he has a good car...really want Lando to win a title, he's got the vibe that I wish more F1 drivers (pilots) had.  Yuki was my favorite addition to F1...love how he just gets pissed and cusses with his japanese/british accent

Alanzo did some weird shit in between his f1 career, like Lemans, Indycar, and that dakkar desert rally shit... never seem like he enjoyed any of them just used his name to hype different motorsports leagues

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2022, 11:51:38 AM »
Aye might look it to it for next year.
That race was insane.
I'm trying to go to Monaco next year. I know a spot hopefully can watch it from for free, and take the train to/from a mates in Nice. If I had it on my phone like a live stream it would be perfect... either that or Monza.

Edit (so I don't double post) this is a great read. I hope they win. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/oct/27/f1-faces-legal-challenge-over-over-bahrain-contract-and-sportswashing
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 11:15:43 AM by Síota »

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2022, 02:19:02 AM »
So Fernando just got back to P7 from Austin, the 30 second penalty was canceled. Congrats to my guy Fernando, and fuck FIA, they are a joke this year. Either give the penalty or dont, this is just sad.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2022, 03:27:29 AM »
So Fernando just got back to P7 from Austin, the 30 second penalty was canceled. Congrats to my guy Fernando, and fuck FIA, they are a joke this year. Either give the penalty or dont, this is just sad.

Just saw that also, they can change that but not  the 2021 Abu Dhabi GP? Fucking joke. Happy for Fernando.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2022, 10:50:23 PM »
stoked to see this thread.

what are the odds George runs someone off the road tomorrow.

(Cool Trick GIF)

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2022, 04:46:02 AM »

The same as the goat finishing out of the points.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2022, 05:51:47 AM »
Ok guys, what are your predictions?

I feel like Max, Checo and Lewis will be on podium, hopefully Checo winning, but nore realistically, Max will win with 20 seconds of free air..

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2022, 07:28:27 AM »

Yes.

Also, I hope to hear him compliment himself because that always cracks me up.

Just hoping Sainz actually gets to finish a race without any issues outside of his control.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2022, 08:10:34 AM »

I feel like Max, Checo and Lewis will be on podium, hopefully Checo winning, but nore realistically, Max will win with 20 seconds of free air..

If Max was a sportsman he would let Checo have this win as a compensation for his loyal services but we all know it is not going to happen because Max always wants to win.

I hope Bottas will make something of his great starting position and keep the Astons at bay in the constructors championship. Would be nice if both Alfas would get points, one can always dream.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2022, 08:26:48 AM »
I think George will take out Max and Checo will win, Hamilton second and Leclerc third.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2022, 02:38:53 PM »
Okay so I guess I was right, its gonna be Max, Lewis, Sergio.

But goddamn, I hate Hamilton, what a bitch. His radio messages should never be played.

Congrats to Bottas, and good job to Redbull guys for tyre management, that was beast.

Edit: Max just got the most wins in a season in history, fucking hell.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2022, 07:36:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If Max was a sportsman he would let Checo have this win as a compensation for his loyal services but we all know it is not going to happen because Max always wants to win.

I hope Bottas will make something of his great starting position and keep the Astons at bay in the constructors championship. Would be nice if both Alfas would get points, one can always dream.

Yea checo doesnt seem to stoked to be max’s teammate, kind of the worst thing about redbull, you know its an all max team, even when bottas was with Mercedes it still seemed like the garage was split.  I hear a lot of valuable people left Mercedes after last year.   Is Fernando going to be driving aston martin next season

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2022, 11:58:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yea checo doesnt seem to stoked to be max’s teammate, kind of the worst thing about redbull, you know its an all max team, even when bottas was with Mercedes it still seemed like the garage was split.  I hear a lot of valuable people left Mercedes after last year.   Is Fernando going to be driving aston martin next season

To be fair there was a record to be grabbed and Checo was third anyway so the question whether or not to let him win did not come up. Checo did get as much love from his people for third as if he had won.
why come?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2022, 07:37:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

To be fair there was a record to be grabbed and Checo was third anyway so the question whether or not to let him win did not come up. Checo did get as much love from his people for third as if he had won.

Kinda fucked...you go into your home countries race and your bosses call you into a meeting to discuss your team mate winning some record (even tho hes a world champ) and there will be team orders to let max win...i think Gasly knew this and is why hes doing better on alpha tauri.

Checo's F1 story is similar to Lewis and I dig him a lot, was happy when he got to drive these last 2 yrs, sucks he has to play 2nd fiddle to max

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2022, 11:27:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Kinda fucked...you go into your home countries race and your bosses call you into a meeting to discuss your team mate winning some record (even tho hes a world champ) and there will be team orders to let max win...i think Gasly knew this and is why hes doing better on alpha tauri.

Checo's F1 story is similar to Lewis and I dig him a lot, was happy when he got to drive these last 2 yrs, sucks he has to play 2nd fiddle to max

Checo didnt have the pace. If there was a possibility for him to win, they might have done it, but he was far behind. Max is somewhere else this year.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2022, 05:17:42 PM »
Max is untouchable right now, only thing everyone else can do is be hopeful for some serious progress in the offseason.

I'm a McLaren fan through and through, so it was nice to see a little life out of Danny Ric. You could tell that everyone, including himself, just kept thinking "what could've been?" if he was more on it these last 2 years.
(Cool Trick GIF)

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2022, 09:59:15 AM »
Max is untouchable right now, only thing everyone else can do is be hopeful for some serious progress in the offseason.

I'm a McLaren fan through and through, so it was nice to see a little life out of Danny Ric. You could tell that everyone, including himself, just kept thinking "what could've been?" if he was more on it these last 2 years.

Yeah not sure why that went so wrong, something just didn't click. Hopefully it's not the last of him.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2022, 04:07:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah not sure why that went so wrong, something just didn't click. Hopefully it's not the last of him.

Lando said his issue is that the Mclarens are a lot more different to drive and that Danny struggled to get his head around the cars dynamics...my guess is the new regulations fucked over a lot of teams this year who just couldn't get the engineering right.   Ferrari seems to have had the car this year but management blew it, you could see the jump in performance Sainz had going from mclaren to ferrari. 

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2022, 04:23:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lando said his issue is that the Mclarens are a lot more different to drive and that Danny struggled to get his head around the cars dynamics...my guess is the new regulations fucked over a lot of teams this year who just couldn't get the engineering right.   Ferrari seems to have had the car this year but management blew it, you could see the jump in performance Sainz had going from mclaren to ferrari.

Yeah, Danny was good with Redbulls, because that car suited him the best. When he did the 2 year with Renault, it all started coming together by the end of the stint. I feel like if he stuck with them, when they turned to Alpine, he would have had better luck, Mclaren was a big misstep.

And as for Ferarri, they had the concept of the new car dialed in the beginning, but I feel like they got stuck in that place, while Redbull worked on reliability, which was an issue in the begining of the season, amd also Mercedes did a hig step forward, they were terribly lost at the start. Next year should be Merc vs Redbull again, if Ferarri cant pull it together. They need to change the team bosses, starting with Binotto. Either that, or they need the drivers to step up, and be more alpha, not just nod their heads to terible strategies. Ferarri basically needs a Gigachad driver like Kimi, Alonso, or Schumi to put them back into place, now they are juet a bunch of crazy italians running around. No disrespect to Italians, I love all of you crazy fuckers.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2022, 12:23:16 PM »
Brazil is one of my favorite GP's.    Lewis always has a good drive in Brazil, glad russel got his first win, was bummed to see checo off pace later in the race. 

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2022, 02:16:52 PM »
That was a wild GP for sure. Kmag getting 1st qualifying, Estoban and Alonso drama during the sprint race, I was so bummed when Ricciardo took out Kmag at the beginning of the race, Leclerc begging his team to allow him to swap place with Sainz, the Mercedes 1-2 and Georges first win!

The Verstappen and Checo drama is wild as hell overshadowing everything else this weekend. Verstappen going around in the interview implying that Checo crashed on purpose during Monacco Q3 is a wild accusation that throws his team under the bus as well. Theres no way the FIA doesnt investigate it since he put it out there right?

There speculations that Verstappen wants Checo out so Ricciardo can get the 2nd seat.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 04:38:10 PM by twic3 »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2022, 03:28:36 PM »
That was a wild GP for sure. Kmag getting 1st qualifying, Estoban and Ocon drama during the sprint race, I was so bummed when Ricciardo took out Kmag at the beginning of the race, Leclerc begging his team to allow him to swap place with Sainz, the Mercedes 1-2 and Georges first win!

The Verstappen and Checo drama is wild as hell overshadowing everything else this weekend. Verstappen going around in the interview implying that Checo crashed on purpose during Monacco Q3 is a wild accusation that throws his team under the bus as well. Theres no way the FIA doesnt investigate it since he put it out there right?

There speculations that Verstappen wants Checo out so Ricciardo can get the 2nd seat.

I didn't know that, Im pretty sure Max was the reason riccardo left red bull, I think Danny's will most likely end up being a reserve - back up to a team

twic3

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2022, 04:41:59 PM »
Alot of people are saying he's going to be redbull reserve. I cant imagine checo wanting to keep racing with max if things have gotten this sour

Max mom referencing him cheating at Monaco and also accusation of him cheating on his wife there

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2022, 05:31:27 PM »
Expand Quote
That was a wild GP for sure. Kmag getting 1st qualifying, Estoban and Ocon drama during the sprint race, I was so bummed when Ricciardo took out Kmag at the beginning of the race, Leclerc begging his team to allow him to swap place with Sainz, the Mercedes 1-2 and Georges first win!

[close]

I didn't know that, Im pretty sure Max was the reason riccardo left red bull, I think Danny's will most likely end up being a reserve - back up to a team

I thought, Max was the reason he left in the sense that DR didn’t want the competition with the new young star and wanted to go someplace he’d be the definite #1

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2022, 06:16:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I thought, Max was the reason he left in the sense that DR didn’t want the competition with the new young star and wanted to go someplace he’d be the definite #1

it was the same treatment Leclerc got when vettel was on the ferrari, I think it got in DRs head more than Vettel let ferrari piss him off.  Leclerc definitely gonna win one day

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2022, 10:32:53 PM »
Crazy race.

Max got the order to let Checo pass and he didn‘t. That‘s all there is to say.

Ricciardo does not deserve a cockpit, sorry stans. His racing was poor in a good car (cf. Lando) and the incident with Magnussen illustrates his lack of skills.

Great performance by Bottas/Sauber to keep the Astons at bay in the constructor‘s championship.
why come?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2022, 01:31:56 AM »
Are there really Ricciardo stans outside of Australia?   Based off the Netflix show, he seems like he’s trying wayy too goddamn hard to be the funny, chill, sexy guy

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2022, 05:50:44 AM »
Are there really Ricciardo stans outside of Australia?   Based off the Netflix show, he seems like he’s trying wayy too goddamn hard to be the funny, chill, sexy guy

I thought a lot of Americans were rooting for him but I might be wrong.
why come?

twic3

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2022, 10:31:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He has a pretty big fan base here because he's the most American personality wise on the grid. Hes executive producing a entourage/ballers F1 show for Hulu and ESPN offered him his own American F1 broadcast (Manningcast but F1) so he could possible come here and cash in doing TV while being a reserve driver.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2022, 12:29:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He has a pretty big fan base here because he's the most American personality wise on the grid. Hes executive producing a entourage/ballers F1 show for Hulu and ESPN offered him his own American F1 broadcast (Manningcast but F1) so he could possible come here and cash in doing TV while being a reserve driver.

Yea not a DR fan, I think he got popular in the US from the netflix show, most americans arent into F1, Bill Burr was probably the first person in awhile that regularly talked about races.  I know DR got a fashion brand thats not my cup of tea: https://ric3.com/