Author Topic: F1 (formula one) thread  (Read 5272 times)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
Re: F1 (formula one) thread
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2023, 07:19:59 AM »
Only shit thing is it's on at 21h30 here, at least it's a long weekend. Should be interesting thou.

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2023, 11:15:22 AM »
Definitely loving how the track shake up is showing how much people are struggling to understand the tarmac

Its gonna be interesting if checo wins

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2023, 08:06:42 PM »
Christ it is tiring watching max run away with another laughably effortless win.

Someone mentioned a page or two back f2 and f3. Think I will get into that this year. Anyone with expertise know who the major players, stories, or ppl to watch in those leagues are?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2023, 08:48:54 PM »
Christ it is tiring watching max run away with another laughably effortless win.

Someone mentioned a page or two back f2 and f3. Think I will get into that this year. Anyone with expertise know who the major players, stories, or ppl to watch in those leagues are?

F2 is fun. You see all the manufacturers junior teams under weird names . Its always a shake up because the drivers are soo young.  Leclercs brother is driving in f2 this season

I fell asleep on the race it was all tire strategy race

Crazy tho how elon, bezzos, tom cruise, ll cool j, serena williams and a bunch of other celebrity athletes showed up to this race

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2023, 10:54:47 PM »
They should let Max start at the back of the grid every race, at least we see some takeovers as he ploughs through the field. Best driver in best car, not his fault the others can‘t build a consistently good car. Leclerc and Sainz are clearly lacking skills, Aston are not performing consistently, and the Merc is too slow.

I had high hopes for Sauber but the Valtteri got robbed in the Q3 when Leclerc crashed his car. In the race he went to grab tires a tad too early and then got slower in the last laps and got passed by direct competitors.

Amazing to see how what a great car Haas built this year. Also Kevin and Hulk know how drive, even if I don‘t love Hulk. Tsunoda is getting better as well. On the other hand,  Piastri and DeVries are hyped boy wonders that are struggling in the big leagues.

Highlight was Russel singing on the radio when he passed Sainz (I guess it was Sainz).

Now bring on the Euro season.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2023, 08:39:20 AM »
They should let Max start at the back of the grid every race, at least we see some takeovers as he ploughs through the field. Best driver in best car, not his fault the others can‘t build a consistently good car. Leclerc and Sainz are clearly lacking skills, Aston are not performing consistently, and the Merc is too slow.

I had high hopes for Sauber but the Valtteri got robbed in the Q3 when Leclerc crashed his car. In the race he went to grab tires a tad too early and then got slower in the last laps and got passed by direct competitors.

Amazing to see how what a great car Haas built this year. Also Kevin and Hulk know how drive, even if I don‘t love Hulk. Tsunoda is getting better as well. On the other hand,  Piastri and DeVries are hyped boy wonders that are struggling in the big leagues.

Highlight was Russel singing on the radio when he passed Sainz (I guess it was Sainz).

Now bring on the Euro season.

Oscar an Nyck got shitty cars this year,  I thought lando would do better this year too and its not looking that good for mclaren, the Mercs power unit not that good this year.   Haas has a good engineering team, luckily the owner gets a chunk of change from nascar or their f1 chances would be worse.   Williams also doing better with Alex outqualifying lewis? Logan choked ...sort of felt for him comming in dead last and it being his home state.   

Is it a meme at this point that Yuki keeps getting 10-11th, the funniest shit was how pissed he got with his car in FP3

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2023, 12:07:22 PM »
Monaco another boring ass race

Still backing lewis for another win …not this year tho

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2023, 02:29:29 AM »
Monaco another boring ass race

Still backing lewis for another win …not this year tho

Fuck, I thought I it was great. Did you miss the last third of it? It was fucking crazy.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2023, 03:22:42 AM »
Yeah, Monaco is usually the most boring shit ever, but this one was great. Quali was amazing, and the race was a fucking mayhem too. I wonder, if Alonso would have gone for the interns or wets straight away, if he would have won.

Anyway, Max is unstopable. Red Bull car and his driving is something else. He went 50 laps on mediums without losing any pace.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2023, 03:34:26 AM »
Untill the rain it was boring as fuck, the cars are too wide for the track. That said still enjoyed it.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2023, 08:00:35 AM »
I dont really like the monaco street circuit, even when playing on racing games, only like the tunnel to chicane part. Also the snobbery is much worse than Miami (obviously)…someone had a Ferrari F40 on their yacht deck that was in a lot of race shots. 

The rain was interesting but it just called people out on tyre strategy, the racing wasn’t really there for overtakes liek Spa and Nurburgring gran prix which better suits rain /race action for me

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2023, 01:22:08 PM »
If you‘re looking for some action tune into the 24 hours of Le Mans, night has fallen, rain is out, mayhem on the track.
why come?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2023, 04:13:53 PM »
If you‘re looking for some action tune into the 24 hours of Le Mans, night has fallen, rain is out, mayhem on the track.
Looking forward to the highlights tomorrow

Skibb

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2023, 11:38:44 PM »

Been starting to follow WEC lately, real crazy stuff. Almost running F1 lap times but while still feeling way more scrappy and grassroots.

They did one of these Drive to Survive-like things for WEC, and I really really liked it:

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2023, 07:16:33 AM »
Ended up finishing work in time to catch the last half hour or so of the 24 hours. How can Ferrari be so good at endurance but shambles in the F1.  Fifty eight years since there last win is quite impressive.
Shout out to car 34 Intereuro or something that won the LMP2 division for doing a burnout after crossing the finish line.
Edit:

Mother Goose.

« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2023, 04:59:27 PM »
The best series of the past was CART/Champ Car

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2023, 07:13:21 AM »
Im pretty big into endurance races 24h Nurburgring was good too.  Ferrari took that too

Saw that there was a nascar race grade in lemans this year

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2023, 06:24:59 AM »
Finally bought the F1 tv thing. Hopefully it's not just Max running away with it today.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2023, 04:17:20 PM »
Finally bought the F1 tv thing. Hopefully it's not just Max running away with it today.

It was max running away with it again.  Strong drive from albion and ocon.  But whats going on with stroll, fernando shows how good of pace the aston have but lance seemed to struggle on every race with a fast car.  Bummed that Russell fucked his car. 

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2023, 01:20:21 AM »
Sliverstone was decent, McLaren out of nowhere is competitive! Did not see that coming. Also Nyck getting the boot for Danny Ricardo seams like added pressure on Checo..they don't wanna throw away the 1/2 in points but Checo is not doing something right in qualifying.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2023, 07:52:47 AM »
Sliverstone was decent, McLaren out of nowhere is competitive! Did not see that coming. Also Nyck getting the boot for Danny Ricardo seams like added pressure on Checo..they don't wanna throw away the 1/2 in points but Checo is not doing something right in qualifying.

Silverstone was good.  Always a fan of lambo

Danny ric getting the drive sounds horrible but nyck was just driving like absolute shit, getting into with kevin mag (i think in spain) was horrible. 

I think checho thinks he could have been lazy in qualifying since his car is hot but isnt able to put it down the way max has.

Did you see austria gp and all the stupid track limit incursions

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2023, 09:13:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Danny ric getting the drive sounds horrible but nyck was just driving like absolute shit, getting into with kevin mag (i think in spain) was horrible. 

I think checho thinks he could have been lazy in qualifying since his car is hot but isnt able to put it down the way max has.

Yeah they have to stop that shit (track limits) even the safety car broke them.
Why you think Danny Ric sounds horrible, I read his testing laps were good enough to be on the front row.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2023, 06:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah they have to stop that shit (track limits) even the safety car broke them.
Why you think Danny Ric sounds horrible, I read his testing laps were good enough to be on the front row.

Im just not excited for danny his driving the last 3-4 seasons have been meh

He's definately got better media appeal than nyck and i think he's at Alpha tauri to see whether not they want to scrap yuki...whos been not bad and not great too

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2023, 09:52:30 AM »
Ended up watching the qualifications pretty crazy both Alfas got to Q3. Hamilton was so stoked...hope this is the end of the red bull domination, the McLaren 's are right there also. Looking forward to the race tomorrow. Also glad Riccardo made Q2.

Skibb

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2023, 02:38:35 PM »
What an absolutely epic quali, so much fun.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2023, 03:54:45 PM »
Stoked for Alfa Sauber. I missed the Quali, went to watch the Tour de France today (live).
why come?

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2023, 05:15:29 PM »
as a big mclaren and lando fan it is so cool to see him really start to come into his own. Not even just as a fast driver, but he's starting to make it clear he belongs at the front. Oscar also quite amazing rookie year so far.

Quali was fun, excited for the race but also realistic in expectations. I wonder if this was luck or the new format for all the action.

(Cool Trick GIF)

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2023, 08:56:57 AM »
I some how missed the first 20 or so laps, I swear I read it started at 16h (in France) but it was at 15h. First lap looked crazy, did Zhou forgot to start?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2023, 11:59:49 AM »
I some how missed the first 20 or so laps, I swear I read it started at 16h (in France) but it was at 15h. First lap looked crazy, did Zhou forgot to start?

Shame, he just slept.
why come?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2023, 04:45:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shame, he just slept.

Fucked up the race for Alpine and almost blew Riccardo's race.

Qualifying new format was good...race was incredibly boring with some moments with russell and checo overtaking.  Mclarens did well in the begging sounded like they struggled in the end, if they had 2-3 more laps in that race, lewis could have passed checo, both those mercs came alive in the end.