Author Topic: F1 (formula one) thread  (Read 5239 times)

Filip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
Re: F1 (formula one) thread
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2024, 08:08:07 AM »
So Ferrari is gonna lose there best strategist...

;D In all honesty, true. If Ham was crying in Merc with performance and strategies, he should find a good therapist, because this is gonna be hard shit.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2024, 11:57:15 AM »
So Ferrari is gonna lose there best strategist...

yeah it seems like noone wants sainz too which is kind of lol, sounds like people are saying Fernando should go to Merc.

Tbh I was mainly a fan of the Lando /Sainz bromance

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2024, 01:19:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Lewis Hamilton of Merc
[close]

On Rrari

It’s really weird that someone in my apartment has a Ferrari, right?   They used to have a Maserati, but I guess they upgraded whilst still choosing to rent an apartment in a real whatever part of town

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2024, 01:53:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lewis Hamilton of Merc
[close]

On Rrari
[close]

It’s really weird that someone in my apartment has a Ferrari, right?   They used to have a Maserati, but I guess they upgraded whilst still choosing to rent an apartment in a real whatever part of town

It could be a replica, I used to see them back in the old car magazine listings
https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1803529/1984-ferrari-testarossa-replica-for-sale-in-tempe-arizona-86266

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2024, 03:54:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lewis Hamilton of Merc
[close]

On Rrari
[close]

[close]

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1803529/1984-ferrari-testarossa-replica-for-sale-in-tempe-arizona-86266

Maybe, but they did go out of their way to get a RRARI license plate and they stick a cone behind it when they park

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2024, 10:42:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lewis Hamilton of Merc
[close]

On Rrari
[close]

[close]

[close]

Maybe, but they did go out of their way to get a RRARI license plate and they stick a cone behind it when they park

Class act.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2024, 10:58:54 PM »
next year's reshuffling of drivers is gonna be insanity.

this is the part of the year where I keep saying "what if..." when in reality I know deep down Max is just gonna wipe the floor with everyone. I'm a Mclaren fan so it could be worse I guess
(Cool Trick GIF)

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2024, 04:16:17 AM »
Looking forward to see what Russell is able to do without Hamilton standing in his way. With a good teammate (and a good car) he could do really well. I like the bloke.
why come?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2024, 05:00:14 AM »
I kinda wish it was now not for 2025.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2024, 05:51:14 AM »
I kinda wish it was now not for 2025.

Yep

The wait feels way too long now
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2024, 05:09:13 PM »
Any of you see the latest drive to survive?  Was actually decent given how boring 2023 season was.  They missed a bunch of stories that happened like checo and russell bitching about lewis and lewis crashing into russell drama.

Caught testing on Hulu Live last week…first grand prix this weekend.  Ferrari looks on form again

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2024, 12:01:37 AM »
Nah don't have netfix (about drive to survive).
So this Friday at 16h50 or so (here in France is) qualifications, might actually be able to watch it. Shal be interesting to see how much teams were holding back in the testing. Still my money is on red bull dominating, unfortunately.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2024, 08:40:18 AM »
Ugh what a boring race …another season where max and red bull just get the lead and just fucks off with the lead with everyone not even close.  Im wasnt even going to watch races this season but checked it out since it was on at the gym.  Was fun to see gunther getting a sky f1 announcer role/ job.

I ended up way more pleased with the WEC race in qatar.  The hypercars and new gt cars are super sick and they have a ton of ex F1 drivers and valentino rossi.  Overall more action watching 8 hours of endurance racing

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2024, 09:31:42 AM »
Is all this Christian Horner stuff “just” about being inappropriate with a former staffer?   Thought I caught an article about something sketchy sports-wise at Red Bull Racing but I didn’t really follow up

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2024, 10:05:39 AM »
We changed over to the rugby after the first two laps. Not even sure will bother with the next one.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: March 04, 2024, 10:12:06 AM »
Is all this Christian Horner stuff “just” about being inappropriate with a former staffer?   Thought I caught an article about something sketchy sports-wise at Red Bull Racing but I didn’t really follow up

seems like he did something because Jos Verstappen is kinda pissed at Christian...even though he was cleared (someone released the transcripts from the victim over the weekend as well).  My guess is he gave someone an unwelcome hug

We changed over to the rugby after the first two laps. Not even sure will bother with the next one.

Same not gonna bother ...the Yuki - Riccardo drama was kinda fucked

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2024, 06:08:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

seems like he did something because Jos Verstappen is kinda pissed at Christian...even though he was cleared (someone released the transcripts from the victim over the weekend as well).  My guess is he gave someone an unwelcome hug

Expand Quote
[close]

I read that there is a power struggle at redbull with the thai owners supporting Horner, and Marko and Jos Verstappen being opposed to him and wanting him gone.  but who knows

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2024, 11:14:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I read that there is a power struggle at redbull with the thai owners supporting Horner, and Marko and Jos Verstappen being opposed to him and wanting him gone.  but who knows

yeah Jos and Helmet said some off the wall shit about checo last year that was seen as borderline racist but are supportive of their female colleagues who support the women who the allegation came from...I think they want Horner gone because of it overshadowing the garage and possible tainting another Verstappen dominant season.

I've been hearing that even employee's Redbull UK are also divided, if I was Adrian Newey I would sign to Ferrari next year...imagine if Ferrari had LeClerc+Hamilton and Newey designing the 2025 Ferrari...would be good for F1 IMO

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2024, 03:27:48 AM »
Red Bull make winning boring but the midfield is still fun to watch. In such a long season it’ll be interesting to see things develop.

So far I’m excited to see what Alonso can do this year. Curious if Alpine can fix their car at all. Any of y’all tried out the F1 fantasy stuff? Giving my first go with some old friends.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2024, 04:43:07 AM »
Yeah Alpine is a mess. Hopefully they can sort it all out.
As for RedBull the off track drama must take a toll at some point..it's boring watching Max win over and over.
Yeah team Alonso also hopefully he can get a podium. Realistically 3rd is all the rest of the field can aim for unless a mechanical fault etc at RedBull.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #200 on: March 09, 2024, 10:53:18 AM »
As for RedBull the off track drama must take a toll at some point..it's boring watching Max win over and over.
Yeah team Alonso also hopefully he can get a podium. Realistically 3rd is all the rest of the field can aim for unless a mechanical fault etc at RedBull.

Did you see the Rugby. Jesus Christ we were robbed..

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2024, 04:16:59 PM »
What a snooze. I think I'll give up on something interesting happening on track until the insane driver shuffle next year.

Good for BearMan though. Always weird to hear the announcers get such a boner for a driver debut knowing how often it doesn't really work out beyond the reserve drive. Remember how giddy everyone was about de Vries?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2024, 05:18:36 PM »
What a snooze. I think I'll give up on something interesting happening on track until the insane driver shuffle next year.

Good for BearMan though. Always weird to hear the announcers get such a boner for a driver debut knowing how often it doesn't really work out beyond the reserve drive. Remember how giddy everyone was about de Vries?

Hah only because I just watched that ep of the Netflix show

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2024, 07:41:29 PM »
This is 0 prediction of the future, but I was walking in a park in Stockholm Sweden in June and George Russel ran by me. I smiled and he smiled back. So Mercedes is gonna take 2024.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2024, 01:28:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you see the Rugby. Jesus Christ we were robbed..

Dude it was brutal. When did England start actually playing rugby again.. didn't help that my French mates were cheering for them either. I don't even like Wales but today I'm going full sheep shagger to get them back.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2024, 05:21:14 AM »
Same man!

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2024, 05:56:36 AM »
Probably could start a rugby thread, I know @OldieButFrenchie will be watching it today.

Watched the highlights of the F1 just now...yawn.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2024, 06:34:03 AM »
This is 0 prediction of the future, but I was walking in a park in Stockholm Sweden in June and George Russel ran by me. I smiled and he smiled back. So Mercedes is gonna take 2024.

I don‘t care for Merc (BMW driver) but I like George, the lad knows how to drive. Seems like a nice bloke.
why come?

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2024, 11:54:20 PM »
Yo, what about K Mags TWO ten second penalties? Dude is known to be all aggro, but this seemed way too harsh…

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2024, 07:54:02 AM »
Probably could start a rugby thread, I know @OldieButFrenchie will be watching it today.

Watched the highlights of the F1 just now...yawn.

definitely deserving of a thread, this weekend was amazing. 3 incredible games.
PS:
I was cheering England too, sorry haha. Now you know how we felt after that Sexton drop in Paris   ;D