Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones and the Obstacle Clearing Controversy by Judy Blume  (Read 19354 times)

exlurker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
Re: Tyshawn Jones and the Obstacle Clearing Controversy by Judy Blume
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2022, 08:05:47 AM »
Remember that classic Thrasher cover of Homer Simpson ollieing the Springfield Gorge? well, the footage finally came out

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2022, 08:19:31 AM »
Remember that classic Thrasher cover of Homer Simpson ollieing the Springfield Gorge? well, the footage finally came out

Homer walked so Vov could run

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2022, 09:24:57 AM »
After many days of scientific analysis and actually talking to engineers about it I've changed my mind and think he actually fully cleared it. Of course he went to the side, but he lands far enough from the edge of the table to clear it if he went straight instead.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2022, 11:10:02 AM »

Hold them phone. So it wasn’t a make?! 

Get Tyshawn  to olllie the Springfield Gorge. 

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2022, 12:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hold them phone. So it wasn’t a make?! 

Get Tyshawn  to olllie the Springfield Gorge.

Switch ollie please
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Ghost Face

• Rep: 112
« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2022, 11:41:52 PM »
After many days of scientific analysis and actually talking to engineers about it I've changed my mind and think he actually fully cleared it. Of course he went to the side, but he lands far enough from the edge of the table to clear it if he went straight instead.

Wrong. He would of needed to land at least 2 feet further forward in order to clear the lip of the table.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2022, 11:57:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wrong. He would of needed to land at least 2 feet further forward in order to clear the lip of the table.
is the distance that he traveled to the side not equal to the distance he would’ve traveled forward had he not curved over? if you hit a curb at high speed with a harsh angle and travel 7 ft to your left & 3 feet forward, if your shoulders were straight would you not have traveled a straight 10 ft forward? we need a dr. steve brule in here to figure this all out for us.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Ghost Face

« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2022, 12:39:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
is the distance that he traveled to the side not equal to the distance he would’ve traveled forward had he not curved over? if you hit a curb at high speed with a harsh angle and travel 7 ft to your left & 3 feet forward, if your shoulders were straight would you not have traveled a straight 10 ft forward? we need a dr. steve brule in here to figure this all out for us.

It's not about distance. It's the arc. If you draw an arc of his trajectory and pivot it around to make him actually go over the end of the table, he'd clip.

In image 3 you can clearly see his shadow on the side of the table, meaning he's next to the table and travelling over the seat. In Image 4 he'd need to land back wheels on the green dot to have gone over the table.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2022, 05:30:12 AM »
Has anyone cross-referenced a tide table to make see if the moon’s gravity was helping him?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2022, 05:37:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

It's not about distance. It's the arc. If you draw an arc of his trajectory and pivot it around to make him actually go over the end of the table, he'd clip.

In image 3 you can clearly see his shadow on the side of the table, meaning he's next to the table and travelling over the seat. In Image 4 he'd need to land back wheels on the green dot to have gone over the table.

Either way he’s high enough to clear a real east coast picnic table witch is pretty impressive on it’s on.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Ghost Face

« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2022, 06:41:17 AM »
Has anyone cross-referenced a tide table to make see if the moon’s gravity was helping him?

Not sure but he's going against the earths rotation so the table is travelling towards him as he's pushing towards it. Going left to right would of been even harder. He took the easy option.

(this is all in jest obviously).

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2022, 07:03:56 AM »
This switch ollie has become the Wembley goal of skateboarding.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2022, 07:29:02 AM »
I honestly could care less, didn't watch the footage and will not watch it. No disrespect to Tyshawn, he can pop his tricks higher than anyone else commenting on this thread, good for him.

The most important question here is, can Tyshawn slappy?

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2022, 07:41:45 AM »
if he had fun then it counts. bunch of crusty gate keepers in here

This ain't surfing, motherfucker.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2022, 08:21:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

This is the start of the zapruder level analysis this mystery deserves.

I took a screenshot of each frame beginning with the first time the shadow shows up on the side of the table  and sequenced them. Do what you want with this, but it's pretty damning. I think the tide was definitely at play, and we're gonna need some specs on the camera and Tyshawn's effective wheelbase to really understand what we're looking at.

quackquack

• Rep: -423
« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2022, 08:34:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This ain't surfing, motherfucker.

He pulled in the push, woopah, carved right, urrrrrrrahh, switched stance, kapowwwww, then he got pitted, so pitted
Oh, the places you'll go.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2022, 08:36:22 AM »
I honestly could care less, didn't watch the footage and will not watch it. No disrespect to Tyshawn, he can pop his tricks higher than anyone else commenting on this thread, good for him.

def a quality and pertinent post
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

manysnakes

« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2022, 08:36:31 AM »

Imagine thinking that any posted on Slap were capable of "gatekeeping" against Tyshawn, one of the top pros in skateboarding.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
« Reply #258 on: October 28, 2022, 08:41:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure but he's going against the earths rotation so the table is travelling towards him as he's pushing towards it. Going left to right would of been even harder. He took the easy option.

(this is all in jest obviously).

I thought about that but didn’t know if the time spent in the air would be enough to cancel out the fact that he’d be going the speed of the earth, plus or minus however fast he was going relative to the earth’s rotation.  We’d probably have to check wind conditions and barometric pressure at the time just to be sure.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Banned from the room

« Reply #259 on: October 28, 2022, 09:05:42 AM »
There's no fucking way that kid didn't make it.

To use a bullshit NBD is wicked bad shit.

Unless he comes forward and is like yeah I drifted because my tail was going to hit. I doubt it.

But the video isn't over... to be continued..

If he didn't clear it the make is in the second half of the video and they was just making 100 that people are talking about him. And we are.

I am a Lou loyalist.
I want that kid to win every year. He is 100% the best imo and I believe in him all the way.
I hold his skating up there with the greatest skaters in history.

No one can touch Tyshawn on this day. Not a soul.

This is how I feel about skating today right this second

I want Lou or Ishod to one up but just so Tyshon can go even harder.

Those three are the top dogs.

I have no trouble saying that.

I'm willing to bet he switch back 80 that table.

You can't tell me that if you switch ollied that you would not try switch back 80. I probably would not have bothered with switch Ollie myself. I would have gone straight for the 80

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2022, 09:47:14 AM »

If he didn't clear it the make is in the second half of the video and they was just making 100 that people are talking about him. And we are.

I want Tyshawn to be trolling the industry like this. He called the video a warm up in his recent interview(?) with gary on youtube.

I'm excited for what comes next.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2022, 10:50:26 AM »

Smartest thing anybody said in here. I can believe that

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2022, 11:06:33 AM »

DM him like a man

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2022, 12:17:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

DM him like a man

Atiba actually asked him in his new Thrasher interview. Short answer, yes.

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2022, 03:36:22 PM »

🤯  So true.
Now that I think of it, it seems so obvious. But went right over my head.

*2nd UNIT*
[ INT - THRAHSER HQ - DOG PATCH DISTRICT, SF ]
BURNETT publishes new issue with THE GENERAL swollying a picnic table.

*This chapter acts as an ambiguous foreshadowing sequence*

*1st UNIT*
[ EXT. - GARDNER SCHOOL - DAY 1 ]
Playback: Eerie score plays.
THE GENERAL, 23, charges into the field, swerves and then...

THE GENERAL swerves...
*Cue: rifle foley
*switch to slow mo, 50% speed*
and is pitched off his board slams

[ EXT - SKATESPOTS MONTAGE ]
A bunch of sick ass tricks including the swollie over that new rail to nosegrind with a minor bonk dismounting

[ EXT -  GARDNER SCHOOL - DAY 2 ]
Playback: some cool ass song by the Lox

THE GENERAL, charges swongo towards PICNIC TABLE and pops a swollie. SPEED RAMP DOWN to 50% SPEED as THE GENERAL flies over the table. A near make but drifts slightly over the perpendicular corner.

The frame zooms in and the instrumental fades
*Use subtle Constant Gain*

CUT TO:
[ EXT - DAY (that loading dock over driveway in that industrial looking ass area), NEW YORK  ]
THE GENERAL and his aircraft are towed into frame by SOLDIER and he backside flips up that shit, got damn.

BACKGROUND screams in jubilation
SOLDIER indicates successful launch by honking his Aircraft Tow

CUT TO:
[ EXT - OFFICE BUILDING - MANHATTAN NEW YORK ]
Cue SIREN foley
THE GENERAL approaches a ledge unprepared for launch and quickly aborts sending his board off the edge.

Camera pan folling the trajectory FREEZE FRAME before showing where it lands
Cue: trombone SFX
"TO BE CONTINUED"

ROLL CREDITS

*Note to Editor* See A-team and other old action-comedy series for inspo
[ EXT - DUSK - GARDNER SCHOOL, LA - DAY 3 ]
ATIBA JEFFERSON captures THE GENERAL boosty ass swollie over the full PICNIC TABLE securing the a Thrasher cover.

Set notes: Speed lights illuminate the foreground action with perfect fill and shadow.
Background staging - clouds at twilight halfway look like a beautiful sunset and perfect for a cover shot because who doesn't like sunsets type shit. The clouds also appear as plumes of smoke indication the battle is over and shit has in fact shut down.

* See Rorschach Test for inspo *

3RD UNIT
[ INTERWEBS, SLAPMAGAZINE.COM ]
Cue Halloween music:
USERS go back and forth discussing the swollie (understandably), while FEDS and CRYBABIES complain about swollie over top nosegrind.

USERS share some good takes, some half baked takes, and many drunken takes. After all angles have been discussed,  USERS are still here.

*Music speeds up with spooky interstitial violin trills*
HEROES with 1000+ rep, OBLIVION KOOKS, and KEYBOARD WARRIORS continue reiterating the same points across several threads for way too many pages. As the squander through this redundant echo chamber they all begin to appear as one, and start showing zombie like traits

Suddenly
UNCLE FLEA enters the chat:
" But the video isn't over... to be continued.. If he didn't clear it the make is in the second half of the video and they was just making 100 that people are talking about him. And we are."

IMEDIATELY A BEAM OF LIGHT AWAKENS ALL USERS FROM THEIR STUPOR.
Eyes and chakras open. Everyone can see again and learns that not every story is told chronologically and don't jump to conclusions

Smartest thing anybody said in here. I can believe that

📠

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2022, 04:07:13 PM »
I'm not reading that
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 479
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #266 on: October 28, 2022, 04:24:35 PM »
Using "we're all talking about it" as an explanation any time anyone does anything is such lazy thinking
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2022, 04:32:24 PM »
Using "we're all talking about it" as an explanation any time anyone does anything is such lazy thinking

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2022, 04:32:33 PM »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2022, 04:32:42 PM »