Author Topic: Frontside Wallrides on Flat Wall  (Read 725 times)

boi-cuzudo

Frontside Wallrides on Flat Wall
« on: December 06, 2022, 10:43:37 AM »
I need help on how to fs wallride like Natas/Dressen on a flat wall, without the assistance of transition/ramps. I can do no comply fs wallride and fastplant or ollie to fs wallride but am having tremendous difficulty doing a proper ride on fs wallride... Please, any tips/advice is greatly appreciated.

GroovySinner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -79
Re: Frontside Wallrides on Flat Wall
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 04:19:57 PM »
No comply wallride and fast plant wall ride sound atrocious.

doittomebaby

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 01:43:44 PM »
If you can do front feeble stalls on transition. I find having the same body and foot position for them works well for FS wallrides.
So essentially lean back to fuck, point your front foot and point your leading shoulder in the position you want to end up.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 02:25:54 PM »
I feel like it's very seldom done on a straight wall without an Ollie in or help from transition. Slanted walls it's really just an exaggerated fs kickturn/drawn out fs carve on transition. I find them easier than bs on jersey barriers.

I've never done one on a straight wall but here's a video of a dude doing one. Play it slow and note how pointed his front foot is, just barely applying pressure and mostly guiding the nose up and then down.

It's probably just like doing one on a bank to wall with a more abrupt unweighting of everything besides the heel side of your back foot to get you up on that wall. Much easier said than done, for sure.

Here's another good video of a lot of different attempts. It's on a bank to wall, but the trick is probably mostly the same. Plus, Mike Anderson sw flips.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 03:08:57 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 08:46:33 AM »
For me it was easier to approach it like a fs slappy/slash, lean back but use your front axis to carve, this helped me commit to the "lean". Then once you get that movement down and comfortable you just start moving your front foot back

Edit- obviously you have to lift up your front truck to get on - unlike a slappy, more like a wallie. The slappy movement is slightly delayed until your front wheels are on the wall
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 08:53:18 AM by behavioralguide »