Author Topic: Jack fardell hooroo  (Read 4036 times)

Lucky_Basek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 55
Re: Jack fardell hooroo
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2022, 01:28:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Two great songs but I remember exactly 0 tricks I just watched
[close]

There was a kickflip in there
[close]

i remember the 180 over the fence because it's next to the former Rudy's in Silverlake and I used to stare at it while smoking
[close]
it’s also the spot guy ollied in mouse & then again in pretty sweet.
[close]

It was Fully Flared you're thinking and it was a different spot. Gnarlier it seems.

The one Jack 180'd is the same one Guy ollied in Mouse.

Guy in Mouse

Jack

It's impressive to see that restaurant next to the spot lasted as long as it did... between 1996 and now. Pour one out for El Chavo... And for Jack Fardell 180ing a spot Guy Mariano ollied 26 years later.

was thinking the same! A 26 year archive of otherwise overlooked suburban block. El Chavo survived turbulent times.

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2022, 01:31:22 PM »
I think with a better filmer and less filler this could have been reduced by a 70-90 seconds and vastly improved (i'm looking at you, stall tricks). The ditch shots look so static and that angle/ camera doesn't capture the terrain very well
Also the song choice, afro soul rock strangely fit for kevin coakley's mostly fisheye traffic part filmed on gritty spots, but this sounded muffled and just seemed to be playing in the background rather than edited to a beat.
Jack fardell rips but the production on this part is really detracting from the end result.

I agree. On some of the early tricks I thought they were going to be opening tricks in a line, but they were the entire clip. Seemed like warm ups. 3 mins of this would have been much more impactful.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2022, 03:57:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Two great songs but I remember exactly 0 tricks I just watched
[close]

There was a kickflip in there
[close]

i remember the 180 over the fence because it's next to the former Rudy's in Silverlake and I used to stare at it while smoking
[close]
it’s also the spot guy ollied in mouse & then again in pretty sweet.
[close]

It was Fully Flared you're thinking and it was a different spot. Gnarlier it seems.

The one Jack 180'd is the same one Guy ollied in Mouse.

Guy in Mouse

Jack

It's impressive to see that restaurant next to the spot lasted as long as it did... between 1996 and now. Pour one out for El Chavo... And for Jack Fardell 180ing a spot Guy Mariano ollied 26 years later.
[close]

was thinking the same! A 26 year archive of otherwise overlooked suburban block. El Chavo survived turbulent times.

The Scientologists must love it there or that’s where the Tiki Ti overflow hangs out.   LOCAL REFERENCES Y’ALL

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2022, 06:37:12 PM »
I used to call him jail arms.

If you see him skate live it’s fucking impressive. QBN jail arms lol