Author Topic: Truck Reissues  (Read 1573 times)

Fasttimes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Truck Reissues
« on: October 27, 2022, 07:12:37 PM »
Does anyone have any concrete buzz from truck reissues? I am hearing noise that companies are remaking old geometries to fit the whole reissue culture? I would buy 6 sets of stage 8 indys for example. . . Gullwing reissued the spectra pro III and it was too early for the market. Just curious, please don't call me lame for asking. you kids are like sharks in the water. . . .

jimgrude

• Rep: 67
Re: Truck Reissues
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 11:13:17 PM »
Does anyone have any concrete buzz from truck reissues? I am hearing noise that companies are remaking old geometries to fit the whole reissue culture? I would buy 6 sets of stage 8 indys for example. . . Gullwing reissued the spectra pro III and it was too early for the market. Just curious, please don't call me lame for asking. you kids are like sharks in the water. . . .

First off, you're seriously so super lame for asking about this.

A couple months ago, what I believe was confirmed to be stage 4 reissue prototypes started floating around. Some of the pros / testers talked as if they would come out soon. It'll basically be a narrower 215, sizes starting from 151 if I remember correctly.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 11:18:39 PM »
I don‘t remember what my trucks were like in the 90s, we used to ride them hella tight so it would make no difference which brand you rode. Kingpins broke all the time. Not sure this is on topic.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 12:31:28 AM »
Yea, gimme the old ones!

But most of all: will someone pleeaasse just try to rework the chromoly truck to fit today's standards! I wanna feel that magical grind that no traditional steel truck can provide (allegedly).

https://skateandannoy.com/features/who-killed-the-chromoly-truck/

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 12:44:10 AM »
How expensive would it be to make somewhat limited amounts of trucks? I can see if they remade kre-pers or og tensors people could get them for the silly nostalgia but probably not enough to make it worth production.
I'm prob wrong but I can't see there being enough people interested for Indy to make two completely different 9 and 10 inch trucks.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 03:15:59 AM »
How expensive would it be to make somewhat limited amounts of trucks? I can see if they remade kre-pers or og tensors people could get them for the silly nostalgia but probably not enough to make it worth production.
I'm prob wrong but I can't see there being enough people interested for Indy to make two completely different 9 and 10 inch trucks.

pulled this from a jeremy daclin interview about film trucks:

"The hard part about trucks is that to get a new shape for the trucks, you have to get a 3D mold of the hanger for every size you want. Every mold is about $6,000-7,000. You also have to pay for the mold for the baseplate. The same base plate goes on every size. You could do just one size but usually, you have about four sizes. So you need four molds for hangers, plus the base plate mold.

So it is absolutely a big investment and it’s a lot of work."

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 03:27:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"The hard part about trucks is that to get a new shape for the trucks, you have to get a 3D mold of the hanger for every size you want. Every mold is about $6,000-7,000. You also have to pay for the mold for the baseplate. The same base plate goes on every size. You could do just one size but usually, you have about four sizes. So you need four molds for hangers, plus the base plate mold.

Hmm I guess if anyone's got the money to do it it would be independent

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 03:32:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can you post a link to the interview? Would love to read the rest.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 06:45:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2021/02/24/bringing-truck-industry-europe-jeremie-daclin/

could be this one?

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2022, 07:16:15 AM »

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2022, 07:26:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2021/02/24/bringing-truck-industry-europe-jeremie-daclin/

could be this one?

Aye that's it thanks!

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 07:38:59 AM »
Expand Quote
I would buy 6 sets of stage 8 indys for example
[close]

Buy mine bro https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=123519.0

@Fasttimes put your money where your mouth is
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 07:51:57 AM »
It's in the works. No confirmed release date.

Mystery Indys solved! 166 Stage 4 as seen on Chico Brenes' IG story.

https://streamable.com/0gq21p

I don't believe this to be NOS since there's no Iron Cross logo, the size is shown on the hanger, and we've seen other people skate these.

Elijah Akerley has also posted himself skating these and confirmed their existence.

Well I guess since Chicos posting about them it’s not a secret.

Just didn’t want to post and blow shit up before it was known.

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 08:07:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I would buy 6 sets of stage 8 indys for example
[close]

Buy mine bro https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=123519.0
[close]

@Fasttimes put your money where your mouth is

my man...*fist bump*

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2022, 08:45:20 AM »
Elijah Akerley has also posted himself skating these and confirmed their existence.

Ryan Townley is also skating them. They've been in all his stories and posts since the summer.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2022, 11:15:01 AM »
It's in the works. No confirmed release date.

Expand Quote
Mystery Indys solved! 166 Stage 4 as seen on Chico Brenes' IG story.

https://streamable.com/0gq21p

I don't believe this to be NOS since there's no Iron Cross logo, the size is shown on the hanger, and we've seen other people skate these.
[close]

Expand Quote
Well I guess since Chicos posting about them it’s not a secret.

Just didn’t want to post and blow shit up before it was known.
[close]
Don't think the cross was on till stage 6 no?

twic3

• Rep: 16

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 165
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2022, 03:25:07 PM »
They're unofficially called "The Ace Killers"

I asked a friend years ago who used to work at NHS why they didn't just have Ermico make a batch of all the stages since they have almost all of the molds? They could do baller ass packaging and make a killing

He said there's bad blood

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2022, 08:47:46 AM »
Anyone know if they will have the same taller kingpin as the 215s?  I swapped mine out for a S11 baseplate and kp

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2022, 09:24:15 AM »
They're unofficially called "The Ace Killers"

I understand why they'd call them this but I sincerely doubt that it's going to negatively impact Ace Trucks very much. It's a mistake to believe that what people are seeking out with Ace Trucks is some magical carve and not the "upstart" brand which Ace represents, a brand without all the decades of baggage with comes in Indy.

I skate Ace and Indy in equal amounts and frankly I don't think there is really a whole lot of difference between a Stage XI and an Ace AF-1.