Author Topic: Burberry Erry on Nazi Symbolism  (Read 13415 times)

Alex4rmNYC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
  • SHEEEESH
Burberry Erry on Nazi Symbolism
« on: October 28, 2022, 06:48:20 PM »
I’ll just leave this here for you to judge :-*
You're not locked in a backtail unless you see the slidemarks go under your wheels

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
Re: Burberry Erry on Nazi Symbolism
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 07:14:48 PM »
The message plus the nazi shit is him wanting to be like Kanye, what a fucking idiot.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 07:26:14 PM »
fuck that corny ass dude. didn't understand their take on the defence of that type of symbolism. i dont 100% see the correlation either but i think he is a weird dude and i doubt he's hardcore nazi but he's dumb enough to reappropriate something due to its aesthetic without consideration or reflection upon criticism. same goes for people who used to like boy london. disclaimer: took 90 seconds to look at it and am buzzed and wanted to be a nerd and criticize.

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 07:41:01 PM »
What the fuck is a Burberry Erry
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 08:17:57 PM »
Wow, edgelord 3000.  Dude sucks
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

gmld

• Rep: 6
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 08:23:28 PM »

Ahahah ;D

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 08:32:11 PM »
this dude's a total fucking kook who isn't interesting or unique, and to top it all off he isn't good at skating. I recently saw that IG live video of him rolling balls while listening to Drake and spouting off about how life is pointless.

Another narcissistic person who's whole personality is based off of social media.

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 08:37:18 PM »
this dude's a total fucking kook who isn't interesting or unique, and to top it all off he isn't good at skating. I recently saw that IG live video of him rolling balls while listening to Drake and spouting off about how life is pointless.

Another narcissistic person who's whole personality is based off of social media.
   I'm more worried about a narcissistic society that's pushing us toward ww3 then this non-news.
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 472
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 08:38:00 PM »
The message plus the nazi shit is him wanting to be like Kanye, what a fucking idiot.

This is why Kanye going Nazi is probably the scariest development in modern times.  An army of dipshits follow that clown.

pleasent street

• Rep: -91
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2022, 08:39:45 PM »
i've been fuckin saying this for a while but the zoomer generation has basically grown up with no tangible connection to ww2 and the events that transpired and thus they are going to have little sensitivity to it. like the millenial generation still grew up with grandparents who served or even just lived through it so in general i'd say we're pretty reluctant to joke about it but zoomer's grandparents are boomers so the connection is just not there like it was for us.

idk maybe it sounds like bullshit to others but i'm not surprised at all when zoomers do this kind of thing.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2022, 08:43:58 PM »
Lol no getting around this one. The source image of the eagle is one of the first results via Google when you search "Nazi eagle symbol"

GH boutta have a field day with this one

Donald Quinelle

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 08:52:25 PM »
This looks so dumb I won't even put my reading glasses on to read what it says. Meh.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 08:56:35 PM »
So so grateful for the pure mass that I have
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

m path

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 09:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is why Kanye going Nazi is probably the scariest development in modern times.  An army of dipshits follow that clown.
  (I prolly may's well be talking to a wall but)  -Your mad if you think thats Kayne "going nazi" is the scariest development of our times.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2022, 09:23:44 PM »
Can see the tragic NYT headline now: Burberry Burnt by Bad Birdie Blunder.
If this in any way harms his unsullied reputation, I don’t know if I shall ever sleep again.
#PrayForBlueberryEarly

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2022, 09:34:48 PM »
i've been fuckin saying this for a while but the zoomer generation has basically grown up with no tangible connection to ww2 and the events that transpired and thus they are going to have little sensitivity to it. like the millenial generation still grew up with grandparents who served or even just lived through it so in general i'd say we're pretty reluctant to joke about it but zoomer's grandparents are boomers so the connection is just not there like it was for us.

idk maybe it sounds like bullshit to others but i'm not surprised at all when zoomers do this kind of thing.

That’s way too simplistic and naive of an explanation.

There has been a concerted effort by far right and far right adjacent “but technically just conservative politicians” for decades to push this shit. It has been accelerated by far right believers who saw the potential of early tech and the internet to further radicalize people which has morphed into the current online edgelord/NRx/post-left situation and its more mainstreamed christofascist pushes (see “The War on Everyone” by Robert Evans for a quick intro).

You’re also ignoring that the far-right and fascist movements were present before, during, and after WW2 in the US. They mostly couched their fascist beliefs in anti-communism, but the John Birch Society has been around since 1958, the US had McCarthyism and the Red Scare, the Southern Strategy, Hofstadter’s The Paranoid Style in American Politics, constant fearmongering of “globalists,” and so much more. Add to that that WW2 troops and regiments were highly racist and segregated. And that many of the social policies the Nazis adopted were extensions of American eugenic projects and many widely accepted political and social positions in the US.

Americans (of which I am one) like to pretend that we were some kind of virtuous because we fought Nazis but it’s not true. I guarantee you so many of those WWII vets hated Jews, Romani, and gay people but just didn’t think they deserved death camps. Or if those death camps were for black people, they would be ok with it. You can’t say familial connections stopped people from being racist when the US was running concentration camps of Japanese-Americans the entire Second World War and grew on the back of genocides against Indigenous Americans that are perpetuated today via economic means.

The fact is that racism and bigotry is embedded in US history and will be until it’s actively eradicated. Most of the time, it’s subtle but we’re just at a point in society where those groups and people who agree with them feel confident to be more open about it or people who want to flirt with the aesthetic without thinking believe they should be allowed to. It has nothing to do with the historical distance from the Holocaust or whatever.

EDIT: This kinda shit happened alongside fascism’s rise in Europe. The US just wasn’t dealing with the devastation of WWI so it didn’t take hold but don’t pretend like the US was some ethical outlier at the time: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 09:47:40 PM by oyolar »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2022, 09:40:16 PM »
bam margiela

m path

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2022, 09:51:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There has been a concerted effort by far right and far right adjacent “but technically just conservative politicians” for decades to push this shit. It has been accelerated by far right believers who saw the potential of early tech and the internet to further radicalize people which has morphed into the current online edgelord/NRx/post-left situation and its more mainstreamed christofascist pushes (see “The War on Everyone” by Robert Evans for a quick intro).

You’re also ignoring that the far-right and fascist movements were present before, during, and after WW2 in the US. They mostly couched their fascist beliefs in anti-communism, but the John Birch Society has been around since 1958, the US had McCarthyism and the Red Scare, the Southern Strategy, Hofstadter’s The Paranoid Style in American Politics, constant fearmongering of “globalists,” and so much more. Add to that that WW2 troops and regiments were highly racist and segregated. And that many of the social policies the Nazis adopted were extensions of American eugenic projects and many widely accepted political and social positions in the US.

Americans (of which I am one) like to pretend that we were some kind of virtuous because we fought Nazis but it’s not true. I guarantee you so many of those WWII vets hated Jews, Romani, and gay people but just didn’t think they deserved death camps. Or if those death camps were for black people, they would be ok with it. You can’t say familial connections stopped people from being racist when the US was running concentration camps of Japanese-Americans the entire Second World War and grew on the back of genocides against Indigenous Americans that are perpetuated today via economic means.

The fact is that racism and bigotry is embedded in US history and will be until it’s actively eradicated. Most of the time, it’s subtle but we’re just at a point in society where those groups and people who agree with them feel confident to be more open about it or people who want to flirt with the aesthetic without thinking believe they should be allowed to. It has nothing to do with the historical distance from the Holocaust or whatever.

EDIT: This kinda shit happened alongside fascism’s rise in Europe. The US just wasn’t dealing with the devastation of WWI so it didn’t take hold but don’t pretend like the US was some ethical outlier at the time: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

To my knowledge, Indigenous americans were the first group ever to be labeled as 'racist'.  The word was coined by an American general and he called them that because of their resistance to assimilation.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2022, 10:02:48 PM »
If so I hope loses all his real backers like that idiot Kanye just did

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2022, 10:20:38 PM »
Lol no getting around this one. The source image of the eagle is one of the first results via Google when you search "Nazi eagle symbol"

GH boutta have a field day with this one
Yep he's fucked. There's a billion eagle things from all over European history but straight up cut n pasted from nazis. No explaining your way out or this.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2022, 10:28:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

To my knowledge, Indigenous americans were the first group ever to be labeled as 'racist'.  The word was coined by an American general and he called them that because of their resistance to assimilation.

Kinda but worse. Pratt coined “racism” but also believed that white Americans had to beat the “Native” out of Native Americans in order to get them to fit into society proper because they naturally were unable to on their own: https://www.wbur.org/npr/260006815/the-ugly-fascinating-history-of-the-word-racism
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 10:40:40 PM by oyolar »

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2022, 10:38:39 PM »

This dude is about my age if not older than I am and my grandparents were directly effected in horrible ways by the Nazis. He knows exactly what he’s doing and he knows the meaning behind it, he’s just trying to be edgy and cool in EVERY wrong way possible. There is no excuse for Nazi imagery. That’s like excusing kids for calling black people the N word because segregation was before their time.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 173
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2022, 10:46:43 PM »
Stupid little cunt. Hope this is the beginning of the end

dannyprovolone

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2022, 10:50:36 PM »
Illegle civ should pick this guy up

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2022, 12:19:13 AM »

Valid. This dude is just biting Playboi Carti and Marlyn Manson.
Carti: https://lastfm.freetls.fastly.net/i/u/770x0/c6ccfd71042451bef2faa036b5487956.jpg

Burberryerry: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChDvGKypPSE/

Carti new fashion brand features photos serial rapists and is titled narcisist 0pium
Now you have berry erry not only larping but using nazi imagery, and even more derivative, and 0 actual concept in mind.

How are ppl still doing this edgelord shit in 2022?

Not to sound too boomerish but so many kids these days are just ripping/shit off without any contextual understanding.
Irony doesn't make you safe from ridicule. Especially someone deosn't have any real reason or idea why it's ironic.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 01:39:50 PM by R3dBullRox420 »

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2022, 01:08:39 AM »
This guy looks as if all the music he listens to is laced with autotune.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

assvogel

• Rep: 194
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2022, 01:39:42 AM »
Even actual fucking nazis are probably thinking ”uhh no thanks we don’t want this guy”.

If you think it’s edgy or you are stupid enough to try to reappropriate hate symbols like nazi runes and iron eagle to your ”brand”, maybe you should just fuck off. Even the text reads like babbys first neo-nazi essay.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2022, 02:48:51 AM »
and by boy London and Marilyn Manson. And probably some bands who play with shock symbols.

Doing controversial stuff is the only way for him to stay relevant.

Suangi

• Rep: 9
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2022, 03:39:56 AM »
Burberry Jerry I guess...

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2022, 03:54:56 AM »
The downfall of Burberry erry and Illegal Civ??

Skateboarding is healing bros.