Author Topic: How long no skating after covid?  (Read 418 times)

SlapMcKracken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 92
How long no skating after covid?
« on: November 16, 2022, 02:50:59 AM »
Had it really mild. Only symptom was weakness for not even two days with a little temperature.

Your opinion on this?

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48

scab

• Rep: 200
Re: How long no skating after covid?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 06:36:30 AM »
^Wondered what Pontus had to say on the matter before clicking on the link, then immediately felt dumb as hell.

Overall solid advice in that article. Since skateboarding is far less linear of an activity and less plannable than running or cycling, I'll add a couple more pointers:

- First of all, keep in mind that viral infections can have very varying effects in different people. You could feel a lot of fatigue when getting back into physical activity even though you only had mild symptoms. You could also feel perfectly fine one day and feel bad the next. A certain amount of ups and downs is to be expected.

- It's therefore a good idea to start things off slow. Don't just drop into the bowl and go for an all-out run till you're winded. Start rolling around on flat, pop a couple Ollies and see how that feels. Gradually up the intensity by pushing faster, pumping harder etc. If you feel like your heart is beating unusually fast, take a break. Don't push it too hard too soon.

- Keep sessions on the shorter side in the beginning, even if you feel great. It's much better to leave a couple of tricks on the table than to unknowingly overstrain yourself.

- That being said, there's no need to be overly cautious after a couple of weeks if you feel like you're back to normal (if you're otherwise healthy with no underlying conditions of course). As cliché as it sounds, your body will usually tell you what it's capable of at any given moment.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1102
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 02:24:01 PM »
I came down with Covid on September 20, and was sick with a fever for roughly 22 days, with some good days scattered in between there. It has taken me a long time to get back into the groove, to the point that I was only able to take a deep breath without coughing within the last few weeks. I don't have any specific advice except to tell you not to overdo it. If you're in the northern hemisphere, now is a *great* time to take a break from skating anyway.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 02:42:18 PM »
COVID took my out six weeks after I tested negative again.
As everyone else said. Take it slow. Check
In how your heart is reacting to climbing stairs and stuff. This is a first good pointer on how well your body is dealing with the remainder of the infection.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 03:54:20 PM »
I skated while i had covid because i couldn't work and was bored as fuck
Obviously kept my distance from people at the park but i think the sunshine helped.

Couldn't get vaccinated but dunno if that mattered
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 07:01:12 PM »
Oh wow glad I really have a mild case.
Maybe 30 hours slight fever and that’s it. End of third day;beginning of day4 and my only symptom is a little weakness when on my feet longer.