Author Topic: Cheap vs Expensive bearings  (Read 1854 times)

gringo_viejo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
Re: Cheap vs Expensive bearings
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2022, 06:48:27 PM »
Well I'll be...I shoulda known, but never would have guessed! That is going to save me some $$$.

switchfakie

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2022, 08:06:51 PM »
i never buy bearings cheaper than 10 dollars

almost every experience has been bad

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2022, 06:36:36 AM »
I've been rolling on Bronson Raw's for what....a few weeks now? These bearings fucking go, I've never experienced a bearing that can maintain speed for so long after a push. And I skate swiss/swiss 6 balls.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2022, 10:21:10 AM »
I've been rolling on Bronson Raw's for what....a few weeks now? These bearings fucking go, I've never experienced a bearing that can maintain speed for so long after a push. And I skate swiss/swiss 6 balls.

I've been curious, but skate where my board ends up flying into moon-dust a couple times a session and I'm concerned about the lack of seals keeping them remotely fast after a few tunes.   Have you been skating them anywhere dirty?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2022, 10:49:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been curious, but skate where my board ends up flying into moon-dust a couple times a session and I'm concerned about the lack of seals keeping them remotely fast after a few tunes.   Have you been skating them anywhere dirty?

I had a pair which lasted me about a week before dust ruined them.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2022, 11:01:52 AM »
Also had a two sets of bronson raws, years ago though. Fantastic out the box and first few days. Slows down super quick after

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2022, 12:10:58 PM »
I had a pair which lasted me about a week before dust ruined them.

That was my guess.   

The best sealed bearings I have used are the steel Zealous, but they aren't that fast because they use a thicker grease in them.  I have never cleaned them and they have never gotten dirt in them.   

I recently purchased the Zealous Ceramics and they are faster than the steel ones - partially because they are ceramic, but also because they use a thinner lube in them. I don't have that many days on them yet because I ended up putting them in wheels I only use occasionally, and there has been snow on the ground for a couple weeks.

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2022, 06:23:19 AM »
I rode my Bronson Raws at a dusty indoor and they're still good. Verdict is still out as it hasn't been that long. We'll see how they do skating a winter of more dusty indoors.

GetItStraitRideKrooked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2022, 10:06:40 AM »
I've had the same set of Swiss 6 for almost 4 years now and they're still as good as ever. I bought a 16 pk of them and they've really been lasting. I think if you have the funds to buy expensive bearings, as long as you clean them a few times a year, they'll last you long enough to justify it. It's like playing the long game instead of buying a set of REDS 4 times a year.

But if you're in a pinch, just get Mini Logos, pretty much same exact bearing as REDS but much cheaper.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2022, 03:30:15 PM »
When I skated everyday and got a shop discount Bones Swiss where all I would ride.

Now, Bones Reds do the trick.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?