Author Topic: Skateboarding and Marijuana?  (Read 4015 times)

GrayCellGreen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
Re: Skateboarding and Marijuana?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2023, 01:06:38 PM »
I'm a daily smoker and have been for some years now, but the amounts that I smoke is relatively small. I'll switch between my bong, joints and a cartridge. If I'm smoking out of a bong, I'll smoke around 2 small bowls a day. If I'm feeling a joint, I'll maybe have 1 a day. With the cartridge, I'll take a few puffs every few hours or so.

When it comes to smoking and skating, I find that it calms my nerves and loosens up my body up before a skate session. I'll normally roll up to my local and smoke like half a joint or take a handful of rips of a cartridge (depending on if there are children around) before I go into the park. Although I enjoy smoking before a sesh, it's not a deal breaker for me. Some days I'll show up to the park and skate around for an hour or so, take a little smoke break and then get back to it. Other days I won't smoke before or during the sesh.

I'm pretty fortunate that I have never dealt with the anxiety that a lot of people have with weed. The only thing weed related that gives me anxiety and full on panic attacks is edibles. Tried them a few times but have always had bad experiences. The one thing I still can't wrap my mind around is how people slam beers and then skate. Even after a single beer, my balance on a board is completely off. Not sure how the hellriders do it but more power to them.

Tireeedd

• Rep: 27
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2023, 07:20:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Recently read an old Grosso interview where he said the first time he smoked weed was with Neil Blender and Alan Losi, all I could think was dream blunt rotation. Also like the glorification of drug use by skateboarding or whatever
[close]
   I feel the glorification of 'drugs' would be eventually curbed if they were legalized.

I need a scan of this, I don't smoke weed anymore but that definitely sounds like such a dream blunt rotation as well.

steezenking

• Rep: 12
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2023, 05:50:20 AM »
I'm a daily smoker and have been for some years now, but the amounts that I smoke is relatively small. I'll switch between my bong, joints and a cartridge. If I'm smoking out of a bong, I'll smoke around 2 small bowls a day. If I'm feeling a joint, I'll maybe have 1 a day. With the cartridge, I'll take a few puffs every few hours or so.

When it comes to smoking and skating, I find that it calms my nerves and loosens up my body up before a skate session. I'll normally roll up to my local and smoke like half a joint or take a handful of rips of a cartridge (depending on if there are children around) before I go into the park. Although I enjoy smoking before a sesh, it's not a deal breaker for me. Some days I'll show up to the park and skate around for an hour or so, take a little smoke break and then get back to it. Other days I won't smoke before or during the sesh.

I'm pretty fortunate that I have never dealt with the anxiety that a lot of people have with weed. The only thing weed related that gives me anxiety and full on panic attacks is edibles. Tried them a few times but have always had bad experiences. The one thing I still can't wrap my mind around is how people slam beers and then skate. Even after a single beer, my balance on a board is completely off. Not sure how the hellriders do it but more power to them.

I ask simply because I am curious and mean no disrespect, do you ever feel it is an issue that you smoke every day? Like are you basically always "high" or is there a "buzzed" area kinda like having 2-3 beers where you aren't really "stoned" ( i've never smoked weed so i honestly don't know)? How would you feel if you went a few days without smoking?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2023, 09:20:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I ask simply because I am curious and mean no disrespect, do you ever feel it is an issue that you smoke every day? Like are you basically always "high" or is there a "buzzed" area kinda like having 2-3 beers where you aren't really "stoned" ( i've never smoked weed so i honestly don't know)? How would you feel if you went a few days without smoking?

to me its like coffee, it helps enhance things for a bit, and like coffee I can go not blaze up and feel just fine (maybe a little more irritable tho)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUPHlAbAf2I

gravityslips

• Rep: 5
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2023, 05:34:23 PM »
last night i smoked a bunch of very heavy indica before cruising around the neighborhood. it wasn't nearly as much of a hinderance as i thought it would be, in fact i've never been able to feel the pavement more clearly. it felt as if i was dragging my bare fingers across the ground.

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2023, 12:18:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Daily smoker here too.
If you're doing it frequently enough you build a bit of a tolerance and simply won't feel as high as you would were you to take a few days off and have a hit. I'd estimate a hit from a bong/vape will give me roughly around a 2 - 3 hour high.

Going without it isn't all that difficult IF you have something to distract you, you might get a bit of insomnia and fucked up dreams the first week or two, but it isn't all that physically addicting.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2023, 06:10:55 PM »
I'm very curious about acid or shrooms and skating.  I've heard lots of skaters and pros say they've had their best session while tripping balls.
I have had some amazing sessions tripping and also some very unproductive ones. I think it’s all about timing it out. Don’t drop and then go straight to the park, it’s hard to do much of anything while you’re peaking.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2023, 12:59:16 AM »
It seems like it helps you relax and get into the groove for a good skate session without causing anxiety, which is great.
And you're not alone in finding that alcohol affects your balance on a skateboard. Many people have different reactions to various substances. It's all about finding what works for you personally.
For me, it's always fascinating how different people have unique rituals and routines that enhance their experiences. Whether it's a small smoke before hitting the park or just going straight into a session, it's all part of the skateboarding culture.
If you're ever looking to explore some cool skateboarding gear or perhaps something else to complement your sessions, I recently found a head shop online.
Silence, BOT