Author Topic: Thoughts on psychedelic drugs and skating?  (Read 8672 times)

dumb skate trick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
Re: Thoughts on psychedelic drugs and skating?
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2022, 05:16:44 PM »
I skated on mushrooms last year and I felt really long and my board felt skinny and far away. I could do backside 5-0 shuv really well but that’s about it. There was a guy mowing the lawn and the noise was terrifying to me. Also people were talking far away but it was like I could hear them like they were up close.

Would probably have to skate alone or with some close friends at a secluded spot to have some real fun with it.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1399
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2022, 07:54:50 PM »
I skated on mushrooms last year and I felt really long and my board felt skinny and far away. I could do backside 5-0 shuv really well but that’s about it. There was a guy mowing the lawn and the noise was terrifying to me. Also people were talking far away but it was like I could hear them like they were up close.

Would probably have to skate alone or with some close friends at a secluded spot to have some real fun with it.

headphones will save you here, my G. Also, less is more sometimes
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

caked

• Rep: -10
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2022, 08:13:45 AM »
Microdosing and skating is the way for me.

Weed, though, for me only works for after the session. I instantly lose all sense of balance after the first draw.
this is how I skate with weed too. I'm a big stoner but if I consume even a few hits before a session I feel like my balance is off and I'm too lethargic sometimes.

totally wish I had access to shrooms like you guys do! I have some really old ground up mushies but I'm kinda concerned it's too old to put in my body now.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2022, 12:49:33 PM »
no microdosing allowed if you wanna skate with me >:( >:( >:( just eat the whole q wuss

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2022, 03:53:18 PM »
  We all have those times with the acid/mushrooms where it all lines up, but skating sober is sick too really.  Surfing good waves and Acid is the way tho, holy shit!  I never did meth and it just sounds like it would give you heartburn -yelhk!!   But that shit is very popular for years in surfing.  Gear personally I find doesn't help skating but it's a good way to spend time if you got some of that shit.  Molly can be good but I'm over that shit.  Over did it last time and went thru a week of sleep paralysis!!!  good times boy
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2022, 04:55:03 PM »
The first time I was in San Francisco I was on acid skating at night and I did a wall ride over the long bench at the China Banks. The next day I went back and I couldn’t believe I was able to do that. I would never have tried that when I was sober. We were riding super long boards at the time. Like 34” and shit. Shit was gnar.

Paintahill

• Rep: 0
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2022, 07:04:20 AM »
totally wish I had access to shrooms like you guys do! I have some really old ground up mushies but I'm kinda concerned it's too old to put in my body now.

I've never actually microdosed with shrooms. I always just get some LSD tabs and put them in a jar with a couple hundred ml of whiskey. Makes it easy to measure the exact dose with a syringe.

m path

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2022, 01:47:40 PM »
  Tried aderal today 1st time.  Was fun kinda to skate on it but I wouldn't eat again.  Also first day no caffine. Stoked on that.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2022, 04:18:31 AM »
The first time I was in San Francisco I was on acid skating at night and I did a wall ride over the long bench at the China Banks. The next day I went back and I couldn’t believe I was able to do that. I would never have tried that when I was sober. We were riding super long boards at the time. Like 34” and shit. Shit was gnar.
fred gall?

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2022, 04:43:10 AM »
Wow this thread was a fun read.

A buddy of mine grew mushrooms recently and I was blown away at how quick it was. I'm gonna have to ask him if he skated while taking 'em and see how it went.

Me personally I don't think I'm mentally strong to try mushrooms and I'm positive I would have a bad trip and freak out

Maybe in a few years my mind thinks differently but with a kid now that's extra anxiety if something bad happens to me lol

Paintahill

• Rep: 0
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2022, 10:32:24 AM »
Me personally I don't think I'm mentally strong to try mushrooms and I'm positive I would have a bad trip and freak out

Maybe in a few years my mind thinks differently but with a kid now that's extra anxiety if something bad happens to me lol

Yeah, I totally get that. I'm also super careful because trips usually turn on me at some point. That's why I like the microdosing thing. When I feel a bit more adventurous and know I don't have to interact with other people I may bump up the dose a notch and get some of the visual effects, too. That's usually also the range where the mind body connection works out best.

m path

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2022, 02:16:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fred gall?
  It was a thing for a sec, not just Gall.  Real had a board around 94  that was 8 1/4 by 34 as I remember. 

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2022, 03:07:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
fred gall?
[close]
  It was a thing for a sec, not just Gall.  Real had a board around 94  that was 8 1/4 by 34 as I remember.
what is 94?

m path

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2022, 04:43:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
fred gall?
[close]
[close]
what is 94?
  Year of our Lord in an abbreviated state. "1994". The same year about that grunge music took a shit and Brit pop took of.

dumb skate trick

• Rep: 13
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2022, 04:05:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

headphones will save you here, my G. Also, less is more sometimes
Oh yeah my intention was to microdose except these mushrooms were STRONG.  8)

m path

« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2022, 05:54:59 PM »
New batch of mushrooms and I did a gram and a half but they were mega more powerful then the types I've been doing lately.  Skated the park with too many kids, just tuned them out and enjoyed skating but holy shit I was high for about 45 minutes.  Then all the park crew came and the kids left and that onset over high dissipated. Mostly working on kickflip stuff all night. 

graibe

• Rep: -53
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2022, 10:39:30 AM »
Skating while on acid or mushrooms is very fun. Popping tricks is easier even because psychedelics kinda loosen you up so you're not so rigid on your board. However, falling fucking blows. It hurts even more because all of your senses and feelings are exaggerated. Also attempting scary shit like big ledges, stairs, or hills might freak you out even more than if you were sober. But if you're that fearless motherfucker that can kickflip down a 12-foot drop on psychedelics, by all means, go for it.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2022, 11:11:34 AM »
I've been microdosing between .3-.5 of shrooms before skating the past couple weekends and been learning new tricks like crazy. Like the person above me mentioned, my body just feels light and I can see the board flip under me in slow motion when im peaking.

I dont want to imply that its performance enhancing but I tend to overthink a lot and doubt myself while skating and it definitely helps with that.