Author Topic: Cigarette Smokers  (Read 3959 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
Cigarette Smokers
« on: November 03, 2022, 06:35:30 AM »
Any other smokers up in harr? I've smoked on and off forever, but it's one of my favorite things. My wife hates everything about it, but it's my jam. I smoked Marlboro reds for most of my "career", but I'm now on those blue American Spirits, which my millennial co-worker told me were "hipster cigs". Dunno any jive about that, but I like them. Marlboros started making me super dizzy so I switched to these mofos a few years back. I really enjoy the 5 minutes outside, alone, just gettin' my smoke on and peeping the world. And especially people watching while smoking is fun. My wife asked me what the best feeling in the world is and I told her "Skating in the fall - taking a break and smoking a cigarette while just chillin during a skate sesh". I realized later that this is not what she meant, but I was being honest. I have never vaped and I never will. Cigs 4 life (and deathhh)

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
Re: Cigarette Smokers
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 08:03:10 AM »
I quit smoking long, long ago.  But when I did I smoked Parliament Lights.  I liked the recessed filter, and all the gas stations where I lived always sold them in buy 1 get 1, or even buy 2 get 3 packs.  this was back in the early aughts though when a pack was like $3.  Now I shudder at the thought of paying for that shit.

Get hungry on it!

Cthulhu!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 08:15:41 AM »
I'm on and off too. I can stretch a chunk of time between packs now. I last bought one two months ago. The craving pops up every now and then. I went two years without smoking before, then I got stressed and ran for a pack. Man oh man did that taste good. Well not the first one, that one made me cough up a lung but the second one, now that one was great.

When it gets cold out they just go so well with coffee. I can't help it. I'll go with American Spirits now as well. I used to like Camels but I swear they aren't the same anymore.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 08:16:11 AM »
couple of winstons will put some hairy balls on your chin

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 08:17:50 AM »
i smoked cigarettes from 11 until I was 28 with a year off  in 2006, I quit for good in 2011, quitting was by far the best decision I have ever made.
cigarettes are disgusting.

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 08:28:26 AM »
Djarum blacks and supers were a fun time

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 08:33:23 AM »
Been smoking a pack of Camel Blues a day since back when they were still called Camel Lights.

Probably gonna quit soon, too fucking expensive. 

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 10:03:47 AM »
I smoke about 1 Yellow American Spirit cigarette a day.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2022, 10:04:45 AM »
Lips gripped around a butt as I type this
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2022, 10:14:15 AM »
you know the vibes!

Jebediah

• Rep: 116
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2022, 10:52:09 AM »
I wish I could quit you

I've had success abstaining in the past replacing with vaping, and even quit all together for a year. I do enjoy it especially with a cup of coffee but I know I would be saving so much money and feeling a lot better if I could stop again.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2022, 10:56:10 AM »
Quit smoking a little over 2 years ago, smoked consistently from 16-31. didn't realize how bad it smelled until i quit.

Every once in a while if i'm out at a bar i'll bum one from a homie for old times sake.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2022, 10:58:04 AM »
Was at a pack and a half - two packs a day at the end and quit in January 2016 - thank god nothing stressful has happened since.

Once I reach old age I'm going back to the blue or yellow spirits and making up for lost time.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2022, 11:12:43 AM »
47 and never smoked a cigarette. Never even sampled a puff.

Anyway, I am thinking about taking it up.

Any recommendations on where and how to begin?

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2022, 11:44:06 AM »
ngl... when i was a wee lad, I saw this part of the Outsiders and due to Dallas Winston (Matt Dillon) I knew I would smoke one day

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2022, 11:46:08 AM »
Been smoking a pack of Camel Blues a day since back when they were still called Camel Lights.

Probably gonna quit soon, too fucking expensive.

Exact same boat, same brand. You used to be able to import cartons of them from eastern Europe for like $25 but that's obviously a little difficult these days. They also didn't use the fire safety paper so they tasted like the old ones.

I'm ideally down to 3 a day - one with my morning joint/coffee, one at about 9am when I get my second coffee, and then one when I get home. I definitely sometimes cheat and smoke 2 in one sitting or find an excuse to have one and not count it.

Its getting to the point where I'm developing a smokers cough and wheezing if I push for too long and shit so I think it's time to stop but man I do still love it sometimes. I kinda think there's always going to be certain times I just have to have one... after good sex or a good meaty meal it almost seems rude not to light up and show how satisfied you are.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2022, 12:04:12 PM »
I go through phases but I’ve only been fully addicted one time when I was in Palestine.

Usually I’ll go through heavy spliff phases that are basically cigs with a hint of weed. Sometimes I’ll blaze through mole bowls like no other if I’m lazy.

Been off the bacco for a couple months, but I’m sure I’ll be back sooner or later

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2022, 12:19:29 PM »
I've been on homie support with my mate who quit they day after his 45th bday last week. I forgot how fucking addictive they are. I stopped when I'm 25 and gag if it gets too smokie around me...plus here in France it's still a national past time to suck cancer sticks.
I won't even date a chick that smokes, it's like kissing an ash tray. Fuck that noise.

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2022, 12:22:01 PM »
I always found myself knowingly i am killing myself slowly with every inhale. Plus i wasn’t able to reach my maximum potential as far as health and fitness. So i just had to drop the habit

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2022, 12:23:25 PM »

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »
Cost of a pack of 25 cigs in Australia these days is around 50 clams. Them shits is taxed to high heaven. Between that and a guaranteed early grave, best to give them a miss. Smoking does look cool though, so, weigh up your options, kids.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2022, 12:39:58 PM »
Anybody have interactions with clove cigarette smokers?  That smell always reminded me of when I had to go to church on easter.

Get hungry on it!

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2022, 02:34:43 PM »
smoked on and off for a while. I keep a pack at home and probably smoke 1 or 2 a month - maybe a few more if I’m in a social situation. used to smoke a few packs a week when I was still drinking

lucky strike lights in Japan are my favs

American spirit blue pack stateside(if I only have em on occasion I want em to last)

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2022, 02:54:16 PM »
I go through phases but I’ve only been fully addicted one time when I was in Palestine.

Usually I’ll go through heavy spliff phases that are basically cigs with a hint of weed. Sometimes I’ll blaze through mole bowls like no other if I’m lazy.

Been off the bacco for a couple months, but I’m sure I’ll be back sooner or later

username checks out
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Clone1984

• Rep: 6
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2022, 03:14:32 PM »
I used to mostly smoke Djarum or American Spirit as well. When I was younger I really liked camels. Went for Marlboro red for like a year. When I was freshman in college I smoked Bugler cause it was all I could really afford. My buddy gave me some Samson for a while which was kinda like Bali shag but German and better. I finally had the juul phase and then quit nicotine altogether about 4 years ago. I still smoke herb and I really have a thing lately for the cbd hemp cigarettes. They make ones that look like American spirit and some have biodegradable filters. Big Chief and Chief Stix, wild hemp is not bad too. A pack lasts me like a month or so cause they are supposedly non addictive.  I really should quit though completely. My fiance hates it and says it makes me drool. I really had like a problem, but I really enjoyed it a lot. Plus I was sober for a really long time and smoking was at the time kinda part of the recovery culture. Happily moderately off the wagon but man.. I really need to avoid tobacco if I can. I was hooked like nobody's business

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2022, 06:43:08 PM »
Smoke cowboy killers after 2 or more drinks, used to be a pack a day from 18-25 years old. Cigs are great and awful, too. Anybody else love to smoke endless cigarettes while high on mushrooms? I Jones pretty bad when I'm trippin.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

live, laugh, love

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2022, 10:06:22 AM »
Camel Blue guy here. About a pack a day. Sometimes more if I'm drinking.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2022, 10:40:48 AM »
I ran Newports pretty consistently from 19-34, but would switch it up every so often.  I quit smoking regularly a couple years ago but will buy a pack if I'm going out partying or know i/m going to be around a bunch of ciggy people, just to not be that guy who bums one off everyone...
I'll have a few and then leave the rest of the pack with a homie or put them somewhere a houseless citizen would be hyped to find them. Shout out to Menthols tho!
Damn now I want one...

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2022, 11:30:08 AM »
Marlboro reds when I drink... Sometimes on a skate sesh also ... I'm 34... I should really quit. My girlfriend and I sorta enable each other with em.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2022, 03:25:21 PM »
I started smoking when I was 12 (29 now). By 18 I was a pack and a half to 2 packs a day. I smoked reds mostly then american spirit black packs, now I use a electronic tube filler to roll my own. In the past year I switched to using a Juul more heavily and now only have 4-6 a day. Im hoping to make the switch full time soon.