Author Topic: Cigarette Smokers  (Read 3961 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
Re: Cigarette Smokers
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2022, 09:50:00 PM »
Trying to quit but my housemates smoke. When I see them smoke and im around cigarettes every day it's so hard to stop.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2022, 10:38:45 PM »
47 and never smoked a cigarette. Never even sampled a puff.

Anyway, I am thinking about taking it up.

Any recommendations on where and how to begin?

Lucky Strike. Unfiltered. Go big or go home.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2022, 01:09:06 AM »
I tried many of the major brands after I moved into a place with a roommate who smoked light blue full flavor American Spirits. She needed the density which I understand makes them burn slower.
For some reason, any variety from them just tastes too dry and harsh... Those periques are gnarly.

I wouldn't call myself a smoker despite occasionally trying a different brand every few months for a couple years. It was mostly just experimenting with a vice. I couldn't reach a level of satisfaction with the flavor, they'd all end up tasting similar. Once I could feel the cravings creep I'd just bail the pack and stop for a while. But this was during a period I was most social, drinking regularly so there was always an excuse to try a new brand.

I liked TIME and THIS. Marb 27's are tasty.
The roommate had a couple foreign brands she squirreled away too, and these were most enjoyable. She brought back some Gauloises from France and Mevius from japan which use a charcoal filter.

I recently bought a few packs of Mevius from https://www.ciggiesworld.ch/ to gift for a smoker friend. If anyone's interested in trying foreign stuff I highly recommend the site. The shipping is not much of a factor since I paid maybe $45 total for 5 packs. Takes a little know how to send them money but their instructions are clear and they're pleasant to deal with.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2022, 01:36:31 AM »
I didn't really smoke for about 10 years, bummed the odd cigg from friends when out playing/going to shows and drinking but constant housing stress, removals of lockdown and general socializing got be back on the horse this year. Not much, between 1-4 a day. It still feels excessive but I like drinking a tea and having a smoke at night plus my new housemate basically chainsmokes so it's hard to avoid :(

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2022, 05:11:16 AM »
I’m a pack of Mar Golds a day. I’m trying to quit with my newborn coming but it’s been so hard to take that step. Smoking is such a stress reliever for me. Work in a really stressful job for a company whose name starts with an A. It’s how I keep my sanity.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2022, 10:15:03 AM »
Used to smoke from 18-23 or so. Mostly in social situations, drinking or at college. Not sure if I was ever “addicted” heavily as I’d never really feel physical cravings or anything. Maybe would have 1-4 a day or something. Would definitely go through a pack on a busy weekend though.

Since then, I’d just bum smokes from friends. Yeah I’m that guy, but thankfully only a couple people I know still do it. I do miss it often enough though. Every once in awhile I’ll catch a wif and be tempted to buy a back but I know it’s best not to. The wife doesn’t seem down whenever I bring it up, but I’d love to have a pack in the house just for the odd occasion. But knowing me it would turn into a mild habit of a pack a month or something.

It looks pretty cool though. Anytime I watch a movie or see old photos where everyone’s smoking I get jealous I couldn’t live in the golden age where it was encouraged and everywhere.

What’s the deal with pouch tobacco, that you roll yourself. A friend was telling me awhile back it’s pretty clean and not filled with (as many?) chemicals.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2022, 06:46:29 AM »
i'm still smoking cigs from time to time, but electric cigs/vapes have been coming in hot lately because i can puff them at work and they actually taste pretty good. i can't deal with a lone cig unless i have a complementary beverage like beer or coffee. still need that nicotine to not be a nervous wreck.

GetItStraitRideKrooked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2022, 10:17:40 PM »
Smoked from 16-25. Camel Turkish royals were my shit. Pack to pack and a half a day. Quit for vaping due to some lung issues. Then went to lozenges and gum for a solid year and a half. Started dabbling back into vaping and what do you know I’m regularly vaping again.

Nicotine really is a bitch sometimes. The one chemical I’ve yet to ever quit fully. I still have a few cigs a year though. Sometimes they just hit so good (especially with beers) it seems hard to give up entirely

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2022, 12:27:29 AM »
I was a smoker back in the days whenever I drank 2-3 beers but never was fully into it. But sometimes I just had a craving for nicotine that's why I started using snus, which is really popular in Europe. I go through a can a day, get all the nicotine that I want and don't sacrifice my lungs to it.
Some days ago, I bummed a cigarette off a friend and after smoking I felt physically ill, even until the next day.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2022, 12:31:32 AM »
Been a smoker (15+ cigs a day kinda thing) for the last 4 years.
I had smoked on and off in high school than never again till I was 26.
I think it was mostly due to work stress and worked well with the meds I was on. That and having Lithuanian coworkers selling me boxes for £35.

Early in the summer I started to cut down to 10. Now I’m at like 5 cos bar when I’m working I just roll a J instead and doing that actually halved the amount of cigs I smoke cos I associate them with hash.
So only the breakfast / lunch / dinner cigs remain.

I’m still not at the level I’d like to be but I need to keep PMA and don’t be a dingus.

I will either come out clean or go nuts from chem imbalance while trying and back to 15 a day.

Nicotine is literally insane. Wish you guys luck. 

EDIT: FWIW when I was buying cigs I was smoking way more than with baccy. I could buy a pack of Marlboro light go to a club for like 2.5 hours and that shit was dust. Stupid fucking bs.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 05:21:03 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2022, 09:10:38 AM »
   Quit 2011 I think.  If you smoke, don't fuck around.  Make sure you have tobacco. And don't reward yourself with cigarettes.  Just smoke one every 45 minutes or so.  That way when you go to quit (what you should do eventually), you won't have built up weird complexes and rationalizations.  Quitting for me wasn't shit.  But I read the book by Alan Karr. The Nic industries wants you to think that quitting is nearly impossible but that's hardly true.  The only reason people smoke is cause of the mildly addictive nature of nicotine, smoking is not a pleasant use of your time.
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

Kanteen Russell

• Rep: -72
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2022, 08:50:41 PM »
The more times I tried to quit, the more when I started smoking again I smoked more than ever. Have been on a 40 cigs a day pall mall filterless or lucky strike kick past two years. Sometimes I roll my own but not often. When I drink I'll smoke 60 to 70 cigs a day.

Have been contracting switching over to chesterfields or Virginia slims though in an effort to give my physiognomy a break. Problem is then in no time I'll be doing fifty to eighty pall mall filterless a day. Whatever

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2022, 11:19:34 PM »
Started around the age of 12. Got to a pack a day around 19-20. 21-27 I drank very heavily and did hard drugs and would go through1-2.5 packs a day. Calmed down on partying but still smoked a pack a day. Last year, at 38, I switched to Juul. If I know I'm going to be partying or my wife goes out of town and I feel like being a bad boi I'll buy a pack. Bought one Halloween weekend and it lasted me three days and I bummed a bunch out to friends doing similar habits.
Went from a pack a day for over 25 years to a pack a month at most.
Started on Old Golds. Winston reds and Newports through highschool. Switched to Winston lights when I moved out to Portland. Around 30 I was thinking about quitting so I started smoking PallMall blues because they were gross and for whatever reason I thought that would make me not want to smoke. After a while I couldn't stand smoke anything else.
Now for the occasional party pack I  get the dark green(menthol) Spirits.

girlfriendplease

• Rep: -22
  • i can shuv it, 5050, bslide, kickflip, and nocompl
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2022, 04:52:25 AM »
id rather try to suck smoke out of a cock than inhale penis poison
i care

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2022, 06:20:45 AM »
ok man, if you insist

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2022, 08:12:08 AM »
Smoked cigarettes from 18-24. I was interned at a hospital for a week due to lung issues and that's when I had to stop. It was actually easy like I didn't even try to quit. I just didn't feel like smoking all of a sudden. In my head was like an habit instead of an addiction so maybe that helped.

The only tobacco that I smoke now is in my spliffs

They do look cool I give you guys that!! But I don't miss that morning cig that got me all woozy and ready to take a shit

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2022, 07:34:58 PM »
DIY RYO

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2022, 08:46:31 AM »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2022, 04:38:38 AM »
Dabbled for a bit in college but really picked it up with a dishwashing job.
I would take breaks and I got to meet the kitchen and front of the house staff.
Haven't smoked in a minute but I do get the occasional craving... until this week. I walked by a smoking are dropping someone off at the airport and the smell made me want to yak.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2022, 05:54:10 AM »
Started around the age of 12. Got to a pack a day around 19-20. 21-27 I drank very heavily and did hard drugs and would go through1-2.5 packs a day. Calmed down on partying but still smoked a pack a day. Last year, at 38, I switched to Juul. If I know I'm going to be partying or my wife goes out of town and I feel like being a bad boi I'll buy a pack. Bought one Halloween weekend and it lasted me three days and I bummed a bunch out to friends doing similar habits.
Went from a pack a day for over 25 years to a pack a month at most.
Started on Old Golds. Winston reds and Newports through highschool. Switched to Winston lights when I moved out to Portland. Around 30 I was thinking about quitting so I started smoking PallMall blues because they were gross and for whatever reason I thought that would make me not want to smoke. After a while I couldn't stand smoke anything else.
Now for the occasional party pack I  get the dark green(menthol) Spirits.

i feel like a lot of us have tried this "i'll just smoke the most disgusting cigs and that will make me quit" strategy and subsequently got hooked on those disgusting cigs. i would be hooked on gitane and really no one wanted to smoke them. those must have been the harshest cigs i've ever had. the thing is also you want to stop and give them away, but when you smoke those harsh offbrands, you just end up with more cigs to yourself cause no one wants them. when i started, blue gauloises were the go to pack for most. those were pretty tough actually. i'm sure we smoked them just because those were the heaviest to our knowledge. nowadays whenever i become weak and get a pack i usually get marlboros reds or american spirits(they must be different here now because they smoke like normal cigs, not packed that tight so you can't take a drag anymore).

the worst shit you can smoke is some kind of full zware super dark rolling tobacco. that's like an instant shit after the first drag in the morning.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2022, 09:59:31 PM »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2022, 02:19:05 AM »

i feel like a lot of us have tried this "i'll just smoke the most disgusting cigs and that will make me quit" strategy and subsequently got hooked on those disgusting cigs. i would be hooked on gitane and really no one wanted to smoke them. those must have been the harshest cigs i've ever had. the thing is also you want to stop and give them away, but when you smoke those harsh offbrands, you just end up with more cigs to yourself cause no one wants them. when i started, blue gauloises were the go to pack for most. those were pretty tough actually. i'm sure we smoked them just because those were the heaviest to our knowledge. nowadays whenever i become weak and get a pack i usually get marlboros reds or american spirits(they must be different here now because they smoke like normal cigs, not packed that tight so you can't take a drag anymore).

the worst shit you can smoke is some kind of full zware super dark rolling tobacco. that's like an instant shit after the first drag in the morning.

I've quit twice.  It was mainly about the money for me, but the first time I quit it was partially due to smoking the cheapest cigs I could find.  Wranglers and Santa Fe's were like a $1.25 at the time.  Truly disgusting cigs, that used cigar paper I think to try to cover how shitty the tobacco tasted.  Native's(some reservation brand) were a dollar more and way better if I could get them.  Anyways the first time I quit I was pounding bottom shelf whiskey and chainsmoking santa fe's and just got extremely sick.  The thought of smoking those things really put me off after that night.  I quit entirely shortly after.  If I had the money to keep buying good cigs regularly I probably would have kept at it.

As far as my favorite cigs and shit.  Old Gold Reds were my main cig.  Grizzly straight and Redman for chew.  I'm really glad I don't chew anymore.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2022, 04:44:20 PM »
I used to smoke light blue American Spirits damn near religiously, but I quit when COVID first hit. I'll bum a cigarette when I'm really drunk as a treat, but besides that I've stayed off of it.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2022, 05:40:15 AM »
I quit while in NZ for a while. When I got to NZ in 2008, they were 13.50 a pack. Now keep in mind, I just left the US where I was paying $2.35 a pack. I smoked them at $13.50 the first 4 years I was in NZ. I cut down to like 7 a day to make it last longer. They kept going up and up, I think I stopped at $16.50, by the time I left I believe they were 18.50 a pack, which was pissing me off. When I visited NZ in 2019, I think they were 35 a pack. Apparently, NZ is going to semi ban smoking... I believe by 2025 (WEF style) you can't buy cigarettes if you were born after 2004. Anyway, when I first moved back here in 2013, I was paying like $5.50 for american spirit light blues, now they are anywhere between 8.50 and 10.50 depending on where I go. My son finally busted me smoking (he's 8 and just seen this) and is on my case to quit.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2022, 05:58:37 AM »
sorry fellas there's no smoking here you're gonna need to take it over to the smoker's board, it's out behind whatever between the two benches

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2022, 06:58:29 PM »
Pack a day of Kool green shorts. Been on pall mall black menthols lately though.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2024, 09:58:40 AM »
Circling back to this to let y’all know I still smoke a pack a day of Kool green shorts.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2024, 03:04:12 PM »
Those blue spirits are great, been into them for a few months. I always have a pack but only smoke when drinking or out skating.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

turdtastic

• Rep: 55
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2024, 09:15:24 PM »
Circling back to this to let y’all know I still smoke a pack a day of Kool green shorts.
Gawdammit you’re gnarly, and I respek it.
In my prime I smoked 1 pack of Newports over a 2 week period once or twice a year.
Regular being Camel Lights (1/2 a pack a day for most of my career), Blues for you newbs…

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2024, 04:17:46 AM »
I miss it but coming up on 3 years of none. Anytime I see a Lynch movie, clip or read about him I get a burning desire to smoke. However now that I’m a father & I generally work directly with kiddos, I can’t imagine carrying the scent of smoke. I did tell myself before I die, I will break sobriety & have a glass of wine & cigarette.