Author Topic: Trendwatch 2023  (Read 25543 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1195
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Trendwatch 2023
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2023, 09:02:22 AM »
If someone is skating in a pair of overalls, the chance they’re about to do a boneless goes up like 75%.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #271 on: March 11, 2023, 12:14:16 PM »

more golden era soul in edits

Sketch Hitchcock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 167
« Reply #272 on: March 11, 2023, 12:23:56 PM »
Shaped boards further fade in popularity

c-dock

• Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #273 on: March 11, 2023, 05:09:35 PM »
Can't see people going fully down to slim fit pants, but it does seem like kids have finally stopped with the whole approach of "buy the baggiest fit you can find, 4+ sizes too large in the waist"

I'll be sticking to work pants regardless

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #274 on: March 11, 2023, 05:57:00 PM »
Shaped boards further fade in popularity
I’m good with that. More for less $ for me.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #275 on: March 12, 2023, 06:34:17 AM »
asics skate shoes look very promising

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #276 on: March 14, 2023, 03:22:40 PM »
Wheels with cores make a comeback

fernando the skater

• Rep: 111
« Reply #277 on: March 14, 2023, 03:38:19 PM »
Can't see people going fully down to slim fit pants, but it does seem like kids have finally stopped with the whole approach of "buy the baggiest fit you can find, 4+ sizes too large in the waist"

Bobbybanana

• Rep: 11
« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2023, 03:43:51 PM »
If someone is skating in a pair of overalls, the chance they’re about to do a boneless goes up like 75%.

White ones help you varial flip love park
Hangin' with a cool bunch

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2023, 03:44:27 PM »
More boards geared towards the size of the average female would be great. It makes a huge difference for me. Mostly board length and wheel base. I started on a typical 8 X 32, X 14.5, now I'm on a 7.75 X 31 with a 14 wheel base but it's hard to find more than a couple options in that size. I realize female pros don't seem to have an issue skating whatever but most women just don't have that amount of power. I struggle a little on bigger boards and the women around me seem too as well. Skating is a game of like millimeters so...
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #280 on: March 14, 2023, 03:50:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

White ones help you varial flip love park

Only if you have one strap undone though

work_lurker

• Rep: 69
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2023, 03:54:51 PM »
Cats have a resurgence in graphic popularity. Maybe even a rival, or sister, company to Frog is created. Cat skateboards.
No, it'd be way different than Meow. Don't even go there.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

signtime

• Rep: 1
  • Big Mountain Snowskating!
« Reply #282 on: March 29, 2023, 09:20:33 PM »
Adidas just came out with their new Sportswear label, and I could see a trend of jock clothes

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2023, 07:26:11 AM »
Who said shell toes nailed it.
Miss you Rusty Berings

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
« Reply #284 on: April 25, 2023, 06:55:14 PM »
Who said shell toes nailed it.
She’ll toes always been popular especially since 2014 or so
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #285 on: April 25, 2023, 10:21:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Brown leather jackets with black turtlenecks underneath. Only bald skaters will do it At first. Then everyone will.
[close]
Who's going to be the first to add leather elbow patches?

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #286 on: April 26, 2023, 12:53:18 AM »
skaters becoming more jock than they already are

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2023, 11:39:36 AM »
Who ever said t shirts and pants was spot on !
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

fredsgayoutfit

• Rep: -8
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2023, 05:46:49 AM »
Shants will reign. Long and baggy. By the end of the summer will be a meme. By next summer will be a staple. Dickies shorts peak saturation. There will be a lot more sleeveless shirts, baby tees and crop tops. The slim down theory going around here is going to happen to shirts, not pants. The shoe debate of corporate vs skater-owned will finally die, skaters will be applauded by fans for secured shoe deals with whoever as its common knowledge that with a shoe contract they will skate and travel more which means we get to see more clips. There might be a drought in the high water department finally. No more floods

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2023, 05:53:57 AM »
Shants will reign. Long and baggy. By the end of the summer will be a meme. By next summer will be a staple. Dickies shorts peak saturation. There will be a lot more sleeveless shirts, baby tees and crop tops. The slim down theory going around here is going to happen to shirts, not pants. The shoe debate of corporate vs skater-owned will finally die, skaters will be applauded by fans for secured shoe deals with whoever as its common knowledge that with a shoe contract they will skate and travel more which means we get to see more clips. There might be a drought in the high water department finally. No more floods
Wouldn't shants just be very high waters. Feel like you could be onto something with the slim shirt big pants it was a pretty common look with non skaters from the mid 90s to 00s (right time for younger skaters to try emulate) and somewhere skating hasn't really been yet.

fredsgayoutfit

« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2023, 06:39:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wouldn't shants just be very high waters. Feel like you could be onto something with the slim shirt big pants it was a pretty common look with non skaters from the mid 90s to 00s (right time for younger skaters to try emulate) and somewhere skating hasn't really been yet.

I believe we call them shorts because they are a shortened version of pants so thats just semantics. To clarify for you I’m talking about shorts that dont show the knees and land somewhere on the shins. High water pants are on their way to the everyday general population and once someone’s parents in the Midwest are wearing something…

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2023, 07:37:32 AM »
talking about this look?

i think i have a pair of huge dickies shorts still from this mall punk costume from years ago, do i dare bust them out this summer

i think we need more pants with elastic drawstrings at the cuffs for the ave in photosynthesis capri style

fredsgayoutfit

« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2023, 07:44:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
talking about this look?

i think i have a pair of huge dickies shorts still from this mall punk costume from years ago, do i dare bust them out this summer

i think we need more pants with elastic drawstrings at the cuffs for the ave in photosynthesis capri style

This will definitely be in the wheelhouse, add ear flap beanie or gas station hat

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2023, 07:55:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Feel like you could be onto something with the slim shirt big pants it was a pretty common look with non skaters from the mid 90s to 00s (right time for younger skaters to try emulate) and somewhere skating hasn't really been yet.

Adrian lopez would like to have a word with you

Edit: Okupon further inspection his shirts weren't always THAT slim... I kinda misremembered that one mystery ad. He definitely got a smaller shirt than pants but not the crazy wonky pop punk ratio I was thinking.

fredsgayoutfit

« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2023, 08:16:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Feel like you could be onto something with the slim shirt big pants it was a pretty common look with non skaters from the mid 90s to 00s (right time for younger skaters to try emulate) and somewhere skating hasn't really been yet.
[close]

Adrian lopez would like to have a word with you

Edit: Okupon further inspection his shirts weren't always THAT slim... I kinda misremembered that one mystery ad. He definitely got a smaller shirt than pants but not the crazy wonky pop punk ratio I was thinking.

I think Adrian Lopez sagged heavily which gave that illusion. dying to live he definitely has on small tees though. I fuck with Adrian Lopez

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2023, 09:03:27 AM »
skaters becoming more jock than they already are

signtime

• Rep: 1
  • Big Mountain Snowskating!
« Reply #296 on: May 05, 2023, 09:14:10 PM »
Windbreaker jackets and pants. So baggy that they balloon up in the wind like a bounce castle

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #297 on: May 05, 2023, 10:02:12 PM »
Windbreaker jackets and pants. So baggy that they balloon up in the wind like a bounce castle
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

nothing's been the since same

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 45
« Reply #298 on: May 05, 2023, 10:11:11 PM »
During 1999-2003 I thought the pop punk (huge short Dickies, high socks, studded belts) look was the standard look for skaters in USA. The reality is I’ve never seen a skater who wears like that.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2023, 12:21:37 PM »
During 1999-2003 I thought the pop punk (huge short Dickies, high socks, studded belts) look was the standard look for skaters in USA. The reality is I’ve never seen a skater who wears like that.

Weird I thought the same, guess this is a kind of Mandela effect...