Author Topic: What to do when you dislike your roomates?  (Read 1264 times)

graibe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
Re: What to do when you dislike your roomates?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2022, 08:20:29 PM »
Could be a number of things. They might have been having a hard time, they might also hate the living situation and just want alone time while eating. But if you live with cool people you can communicate these things in a manner that isn't so harsh. In my house it would look something like this,, " heeyy I've got a mouth full of food you dirty dog hahaha hit me up in 20 minutes". Sounds like you need some real friends to live with

Yeah, i definitely want some cool people to live with next year. I feel like college is a hard time for me since I still have yet to really find my 'crowd' when I feel like most kids got that figured out by now.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2022, 08:30:04 PM »
are your roommates normies?
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

graibe

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2022, 08:34:57 PM »

I would say so. Everyone has a different definition of a normie. They are STEM major gamer types. They're not my crowd for sure. In my opinion, there's that type of normie and there's the Travis Scott listening fuckboy who buys primitive and is also a frat guy type normie crowd. I don't fuck with either.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2022, 09:33:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would say so. Everyone has a different definition of a normie. They are STEM major gamer types. They're not my crowd for sure. In my opinion, there's that type of normie and there's the Travis Scott listening fuckboy who buys primitive and is also a frat guy type normie crowd. I don't fuck with either.

well sounds like trying to be friends with them is just going to be an exercise in frustration, my advice is just to do your own thing, don't ever ask them for anything, just try live with them while you have to and move out when you can.

best way to make new friends once you're out of high school is to meet them through shared interests like skateboarding, music, or some other interest that involves you doing an activity together. your college probably has clubs you can join that are great for meeting people.

i once ended up living with a bunch of people i didn't like and i basically used to just do like annoying shit all the time until they left. like i would go running early in the morning and i'd leave the door open so the house got super cold while they were trying to sleep or shit like that lmao, they eventually all ended up moving out and i replaced them with cool roommates and all was well with the world
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2022, 03:19:07 AM »
I had a rude, weird, drunk roomate who liked to talk shit. I put up with it for a while, but then A punch to the eye (was aiming for his nose but oh well) stopped that. I moved out shortly after. Roomates suck ass.
Ignore them, pay your share, and carry on with your life. Also, don’t bug people who are eating.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2022, 06:19:31 AM »
do you talk to coworkers in the breakroom at work about work while they're eating at work taking a break from work

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2022, 06:56:44 AM »
This is going to sound harsh but know that I don't say this with any malice.

OP all of your posts in this thread are extremely self centered, selfish, and they make you sound like you're trying to position yourself to be a victim. You say you know you're being annoying but you also can't understand why they would be blunt with you. Maybe they've tried dropping hints but you're not picking up on them. Not one post of yours mentions what your role in all of this is and how you may have caused or added to the issue.

You also say that you know you're letting what their behavior is affect you negatively, but from what I've read it seems like you want that to be the case so you can say they're in the wrong, further solidifying yourself as some sort of victim. Because of this you're not going to be able to objectively and honestly look at yourself and what you may be doing wrong. You'll also never fix anything unless you can be honest with yourself and them.

Even in the thread title you phrase it like you don't like them, but in reality, they don't like you. Why didn't you get along with your roommates last year? Who's the common denominator in those situations?

You're doing something that's not vibing right in the house. You can want, "cool," roommates until you're blue in the face but if you aren't cool yourself or adding some positivity to the living situation, you'll just keep repeating this over and over again.

What it boils down to is quit being so selfish and self centered. You're not a victim, it's not all about you, and you're probably the problem.

I'm also not entirely convinced this isn't a troll account btw. Good luck.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 07:14:40 AM by fineslime »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2022, 07:18:43 AM »
I'm going to try and be healthy about my suggestion.

You could ask the state for help getting out of there.

Get an emergency voucher before the state is like Covid is over no more help for yous.

Then you could move here to Salem and we can skate all the time. Go to shows. Make art and music...  Etc....

I wish I was rich. I'd just buy a big ass warehouse and all pals could come live with me for free

I'd do that in a hot second.

Be like fight club but we're about ramps and ledges and music.

We would hire Colonial to do a multiple level skate park.

We could have a bi yearly contest.

Also a tour bus so we can take the family to all the events.

Every morning I'd go room to room telling you all how much I love and appreciate you.

Then we could do yoga and shit as a team.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2022, 07:19:19 AM »
Update: My other roommate made cookies the other day, and offered some to my other two roommates, then when I asked for one she said she didn't have enough for me. Then, she lets them have another one. So yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that she was being passive-aggressive or something. Like fr? why are you gonna deny me sum cookies?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2022, 07:23:18 AM »
Also I have a secret power.

I act like I do not understand you don't like me. TERMINALLY FRIENDLY AND IN YOUR FACE SMILING AND BEING NICE YOOOOOO!

YOU WANT ANY FRESH SQUEEZED ORANGE JUICE PAL! HUH! WHAT!

REMEMBER IF DEF! It's a rock and or roll gift. Celestian Vintage 30s gave me it I think

People say kill them with kindness. I say kill yourself with kindness.

That's the secret to become friends with everyone on planet earth.

That's my goal. I'm going to foster world peace by being a really real peace Ponk.

Next life too.
Eat shit for peace movement yo.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2022, 07:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Update: My other roommate made cookies the other day, and offered some to my other two roommates, then when I asked for one she said she didn't have enough for me. Then, she lets them have another one. So yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that she was being passive-aggressive or something. Like fr? why are you gonna deny me sum cookies?
[close]

They teaming up on you?

That's a sign of weakness.

You can win. You got this. Just play the game and maintain your composure.

Never break character.

Everyone has the potential to be a friend you just gotta find your get in hole. Then dig in.

If they like group games play to that herd mentality.
(A)pl(E)

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2022, 08:16:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They teaming up on you?

That's a sign of weakness.

You can win. You got this. Just play the game and maintain your composure.

Never break character.

Everyone has the potential to be a friend you just gotta find your get in hole. Then dig in.

If they like group games play to that herd mentality.

You've got a point Uncle Flea. He for sure needs to dig in to the get in hole... In fact, I think we probably all should. The world would be a much better place.

graibe

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2022, 09:15:52 AM »
I'm going to try and be healthy about my suggestion.

You could ask the state for help getting out of there.

Get an emergency voucher before the state is like Covid is over no more help for yous.

Then you could move here to Salem and we can skate all the time. Go to shows. Make art and music...  Etc....

I wish I was rich. I'd just buy a big ass warehouse and all pals could come live with me for free

I'd do that in a hot second.

Be like fight club but we're about ramps and ledges and music.

We would hire Colonial to do a multiple level skate park.

We could have a bi yearly contest.

Also a tour bus so we can take the family to all the events.

Every morning I'd go room to room telling you all how much I love and appreciate you.

Then we could do yoga and shit as a team.
i fuck with your vision, flea. however, i don't think i'll be able to move to salem until after i finish college in eugene. after that, im down

graibe

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2022, 09:21:09 AM »

OP all of your posts in this thread are extremely self centered, selfish, and they make you sound like you're trying to position yourself to be a victim. You say you know you're being annoying but you also can't understand why they would be blunt with you. Maybe they've tried dropping hints but you're not picking up on them. Not one post of yours mentions what your role in all of this is and how you may have caused or added to the issue.

You also say that you know you're letting what their behavior is affect you negatively, but from what I've read it seems like you want that to be the case so you can say they're in the wrong, further solidifying yourself as some sort of victim. Because of this you're not going to be able to objectively and honestly look at yourself and what you may be doing wrong. You'll also never fix anything unless you can be honest with yourself and them.

Even in the thread title you phrase it like you don't like them, but in reality, they don't like you. Why didn't you get along with your roommates last year? Who's the common denominator in those situations?

You're doing something that's not vibing right in the house. You can want, "cool," roommates until you're blue in the face but if you aren't cool yourself or adding some positivity to the living situation, you'll just keep repeating this over and over again.

What it boils down to is quit being so selfish and self centered. You're not a victim, it's not all about you, and you're probably the problem.

lalalala i cant hear you lalalalalaa self reflection is not even real lalala

in all seriousness though, i know i'm not perfect. I have my own issues. Maybe I just like to bitch and complain. if that's the case so what? let me do it. i do my best everyday to become a better person. Also, i got along with last year's roommates well. Except one of them who stole my bong but that was him being an asshole. They all either dropped out or graduated. So that's why I'm not staying with any of them this year.

graibe

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2022, 09:22:00 AM »
Also I have a secret power.

I act like I do not understand you don't like me. TERMINALLY FRIENDLY AND IN YOUR FACE SMILING AND BEING NICE YOOOOOO!

YOU WANT ANY FRESH SQUEEZED ORANGE JUICE PAL! HUH! WHAT!

REMEMBER IF DEF! It's a rock and or roll gift. Celestian Vintage 30s gave me it I think

People say kill them with kindness. I say kill yourself with kindness.

That's the secret to become friends with everyone on planet earth.

That's my goal. I'm going to foster world peace by being a really real peace Ponk.

Next life too.
Eat shit for peace movement yo.

this is key. i will use this advice....

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2022, 09:35:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

in all seriousness though, i know i'm not perfect. I have my own issues. Maybe I just like to bitch and complain. if that's the case so what? let me do it. i do my best everyday to become a better person. Also, i got along with last year's roommates well. Except one of them who stole my bong but that was him being an asshole. They all either dropped out or graduated. So that's why I'm not staying with any of them this year.

spoken like a true 19 year old kid.

graibe

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2022, 09:40:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I expect all of the immaturity to leave my body when I turn 20 next week. lmfao.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2022, 10:04:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I expect all of the immaturity to leave my body when I turn 20 next week. lmfao.

now I'm convinced you're a 45 year old who's trolling. how sad.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2022, 10:33:36 AM »
I waited for my subordinate to go to lunch before messaging him a bunch of stuff I had to tell him.  Hoping for a "I'm not interested in what you have to say, I'm trying to eat, please stop talking"

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2022, 02:27:29 PM »
They sound pretty weird but it very well could be on you. Just be polite and go on with your life, don't go out of your way to involve them in your life or yourself in theirs. It stinks to feel uncomfortable in your home but it's only temporary. My hunch says if your chill and cordial things may improve.

graibe

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2022, 02:55:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

now I'm convinced you're a 45 year old who's trolling. how sad.

me rn

graibe

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2022, 02:58:02 PM »
They sound pretty weird but it very well could be on you. Just be polite and go on with your life, don't go out of your way to involve them in your life or yourself in theirs. It stinks to feel uncomfortable in your home but it's only temporary. My hunch says if your chill and cordial things may improve.

gonna try my best to just be outta their way and be chill forsure. They aren't guys i'd hang around but i wanna be friendly and make sure we all get along..