Author Topic: Tricks that look easier than they actually are...  (Read 6066 times)

bigbevev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: Tricks that look easier than they actually are...
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2022, 06:13:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Starting lots of bad topics looks pretty easy, how hard is it?

Also 360 pop shuvs, I can only do them fs for some reason.
[close]

Set your feet on your board in the same position you would to do an inward heelflip, don’t move your front foot, make an over exaggerated backside pop shove flick with your back foot.
[close]

Sounds insanely uncomfortable, but I'll try it. Thanks!

On the topic: BS Boneless. On flat and transition. I keep shooting my board out or grabbing the truck.
    Im not saying the inward position doesnt work, but it is a lil unnecessary. All you need to do wiith these, and bigspins is more so to lift your front foot directly up, almost even a little backwards away from the nose so you dont get the half-flips. It frequently can feel like youre going vertical, but the nature of most tricks and their muscle memory cause you to tap the board without noticing.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2022, 07:04:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Set your feet on your board in the same position you would to do an inward heelflip, don’t move your front foot, make an over exaggerated backside pop shove flick with your back foot.
[close]

On the topic: BS Boneless. On flat and transition. I keep shooting my board out or grabbing the truck.
[close]
    Im not saying the inward position doesnt work, but it is a lil unnecessary. All you need to do wiith these, and bigspins is more so to lift your front foot directly up, almost even a little backwards away from the nose so you dont get the half-flips. It frequently can feel like youre going vertical, but the nature of most tricks and their muscle memory cause you to tap the board without noticing.

I can bigspin fine but like 50% of my bs 3shuvs will half-flip. Sometimes they're super easy and other times I can barely get one. Seems to strongly depend on the setup for me

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2022, 07:12:05 AM »
For me it's the opposite with 360 Shuvits, I need my front foot to actively guide the board through the initial spinning movement to keep it from flipping. It's the same with Pop Shuvits, the pop alone will make the board spin somewhat and needs to be counterbalanced by the front foot moving in the opposite direction of the scoop.

I firmly believe there's no right or wrong way to move and whatever gets the job done for you best is the way to go, but it's fascinating how different these can be.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2022, 08:06:52 AM »
Not a specific trick but skating a double set. I wasn't a massive stair guy but just by skating from 99 it was a thing you basically did. I could Ollie tens easy and Ollied a 15 but even like a 3-3 double would weird me out. Watching old videos it's weird how non huckers like Robbie McKinley or Chris Roberts can like nollie back heel and shit down doublesets

crepes

• Rep: -26
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2022, 08:19:01 AM »
Not a specific trick but skating a double set. I wasn't a massive stair guy but just by skating from 99 it was a thing you basically did. I could Ollie tens easy and Ollied a 15 but even like a 3-3 double would weird me out. Watching old videos it's weird how non huckers like Robbie McKinley or Chris Roberts can like nollie back heel and shit down doublesets
some skaters aren't scared of drops, some are. but almost anyone who gets sponsored is used to skating fast. so a doubleset is closer to flat gap than a large stack. that's how i see it, marc johnson, not a hucker but he can go tech across a street or whatever.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2022, 01:08:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Unsolicited trick advice, sorry if that is annoying.

It helps if you think about that trick like it is a no comply movement. Let that board pop into your hand while you take your front foot of. You have to crouch a bit on your front leg to grab your board that way. Jumping back in to transition is mad scary. And it is easier on top of a bank instead of on flat.
IG: @flowterspace

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2022, 01:26:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Unsolicited trick advice, sorry if that is annoying.

It helps if you think about that trick like it is a no comply movement. Let that board pop into your hand while you take your front foot of. You have to crouch a bit on your front leg to grab your board that way. Jumping back in to transition is mad scary. And it is easier on top of a bank instead of on flat.

No that's what I was hoping for, thank you! So far people told me it's easiest on very steep transition because the board shoots straight up into your hands, but I still couldn't get it right and grab the side. Gonna try it on a bank next

eezz

• Rep: 5
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2022, 01:48:16 PM »
Backside 180 to switch manual. Seemingly simple yet probably the hardest 180-manual of them all.

I can do 180 sw mannys both ways but im unable to nosemanual at all, like even just without ollieing into them

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2022, 04:46:41 PM »
Back feebs fakie in transition.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

switchfakie

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2022, 08:44:50 PM »
front bonelesses

my body could just never compress and grab the board that way way

frontside airs, no problem for me, so nothing makes sense

whagman

• Rep: -13
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2022, 01:48:12 AM »
fs nose grind 180, and nosebonk 180 type shit. people make those look so easy, and i struggle HARD for em

mightytrucks

• Rep: -19
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2022, 06:18:53 PM »
Fs flips. Getting them to spin and flip like a fs 90 degree kickflip, catch, then bring it the rest of the 180 with your front foot.. doing them like that consistently is hard. They want to muska flip or just flip in a way that doesnt look pretty too often. Deceptively hard trick cuz its considered a basic trick. Harder to do on flat than on a bank or transition too.

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -89
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2022, 06:21:11 PM »
Once you figure out the foot position varial heels are really easy.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2022, 07:37:04 PM »
Hospital. The fs entry trick not hospital flip.

I've seen more injuries attempting that than anything else.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)