Author Topic: Deadwood  (Read 352 times)

Yonnycage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Deadwood
« on: November 06, 2022, 09:50:17 PM »
I’m 10 episodes in and this has to be the most underrated show I’ve ever watched.

Al Swearengen is the nastiest piece of work next to Marlo from The Wire and Tony Soprano in the 6th season. Any fans here? I gotta talk about this show with someone, none of my friends are into it.

Minigolf Fanatic

• Rep: 6
Re: Deadwood
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 10:01:08 PM »
It's Shakespearian in it's story development and characters. So good.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 10:49:17 PM »
The way Swearengen talks about killing one of the 2 robbers that snagged Wu’s opiate delivery and his casual, disgusting racism is unbelievable. Ian McShane is such an amazing actor, I wanna fucking strangle him with my bare hands.

Most upsetting thing was having Wild Bill get killed so early on, I wanted that dude on screen at all times. Whoever the woman is who plays Calamity Jane is awesome too. I feel bad for the reverend with brain cancer and the guy who plays the hotel owner who becomes the mayor is the epitome of fucking creep with rapey vibes. He was good in Blade Runner too. Guy somehow has looked the same age for like 30 years.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 11:46:48 PM »
Underrated?  No.  Everyone rated it highly when it was out .  I think it’s probably safely considered the 3rd best HBO show after Sopranos and the Wire.   

Don’t forget to watch the movie that came out a few years ago.  It’s a satisfying coda. 

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 07:18:15 AM »
Cocksucker.

I love the Chinese gentleman who knows one English word, and its cocksucker.

Great series, wish it went on a little longer. I haven't watched it in about 15 years, this reminds me I should probably do that again soon. I've forgotten so much of it.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 07:21:36 AM »
Underrated?  No.  Everyone rated it highly when it was out .  I think it’s probably safely considered the 3rd best HBO show after Sopranos and the Wire.   

Don’t forget to watch the movie that came out a few years ago.  It’s a satisfying coda.

They actually made the movie? I remember hearing about it but never thought they came out with it. I'm assuming its just like a 4th season?

Also, Al is a sonofabitch, and Ian McShane is an absolutely amazing actor.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 07:51:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They actually made the movie? I remember hearing about it but never thought they came out with it. I'm assuming its just like a 4th season?

I heard the movie ends with one of the best one liners, but I’m a faaar ways off from watching that. I haven’t finished the first season yet and if gut feeling’s correct, have barely scratched the surface of this show. There’s so much going on that if I don’t watch at least one episode a day I’m bound to come back to it and be completely lost.

I’m totally invested though. Haven’t binged a show like this since The Wire and I don’t watch shows too often.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 07:53:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah more or less.  They’re mostly wrapping up the story with the antagonist of S3 (trying to keep it vague enough - though this isn’t really a spoiler type thing)

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 06:28:32 PM »
Deadwood rules.

Powers Boothe (RIP) as Cy Tolliver utters one of the filthiest lines ever spoken:

"While that lady was travelling with you, her husband the sheriff was pickling his prick in the cunt brine of another"

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 06:41:52 PM »
There's an LPN that words in the emergency department at my hospital who's last name is Swearingen. Any time I see her name pop up my mind immediately says: cocksucker mother fucker.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.