Author Topic: Mid Terms  (Read 3376 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Mid Terms
« on: November 08, 2022, 05:34:40 PM »
I'm afraid to watch the results.

The GQP did a great job blaming Biden for (global) inflation and demonizing him for letting the FED use the blunt instrument of raising interest rates to reduce inflation. They also did a great job of blaming liberals for street crime, despite states like Oklahoma having worse violent crime rates than California or NY.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/24/opinion/rising-crime-democrats.html

At minimum, I'm hoping that Taylor and his pro-landlord, NIMBY, no so secret Christian theocratic bullshit gets wrecked by one of the candidates who can actually read and write.
https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/conejo-valley/2022/10/11/two-incumbents-eight-challengers-running-t-o-city-council/8199782001/

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
Re: Mid Terms
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 06:54:22 PM »

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 07:04:02 PM »
I voted against Darryl Issa and will until the day he dies. Fucker lost in Oceanside and then came east when the district flipped. Fuck you Darryl

Kanteen Russell

• Rep: -72
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 08:46:22 PM »
If voting made any difference it'd be illegal.

Or

It does matter how many is voting but who is counting the votes.

That said,

Stacey Abhrams and "Beto" rourke got their asses whooped, that's all I needed to know for a good laugh.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 09:18:40 PM »
I voted against Darryl Issa and will until the day he dies. Fucker lost in Oceanside and then came east when the district flipped. Fuck you Darryl

wonder if there is any relation to the infamous rammy issa of baker 3 fame
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 09:33:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wonder if there is any relation to the infamous rammy issa of baker 3 fame

Was just talking about Rammy at the local today.   Friend of mine was telling me he had a medical procedure and the doctor noticed he was a skater and it came out that he was Rammy’s dad and apparently Rammy’s doing good as a real estate agent now. 

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 12:32:29 AM »
Well this wasn't the bloodbath that I feared. It sucks that Dems lost the house for sure, but they might keep the Senate.

I'm hoping Arizona stays sane and keeps Kari Lake out of office. What a fucking kook that woman is.

Fucking Taylor has a chance at squeaking onto the council. I'm tired but it seems he is in 4th place and a 3rd place finish will allow him a seat on the council.
https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/conejo-valley/2022/11/08/thousand-oaks-city-council-race-election-results/8252144001/

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 12:34:02 AM »
Republicans are going to try and raise the voting age to 40 based off the gen z turnout

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 848
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 12:56:47 AM »
Woop Fetterman wins. Go get em Lurch. Its gonna be really weird to see him in a suit all the time, but I hope the jeans and carhartt make a few appearances in Congress. Josh Shapiro spanked the qanon fuckwad he was up against too. Proud of my state... the hateful assclowns out in Pennsyltucky lose again.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 01:02:05 AM »
I've lost a few days this year to crippling anxiety over fears that we will soon be in some sort of Desantis/Trump dictatorship.  Between Bolsonaro losing and this lackluster election for Republicans, I am pretty relieved.  I feel a bit of hope for the world.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2022, 02:23:45 AM »
Republicans are going to try and raise the voting age to 40 based off the gen z turnout

Considering the only seats they can flip these days are from states they gerrymander'ed the shit out of I would not at all be surprised if they did. The only way they've clung to power this long is through grifting, gee'ing people up emotionally then lying to them, and stacking the deck in their favor so the fact there's a generation that sees through it and is starting to call them on their shit probably terrifies them.

Between this, Elon now selling 4 bil of the shares he said he wouldn't sell to fund his twitter takeover that's going super smoothly, and the crypto scams starting to fall apart it must be a bad day to be a dipshit.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 02:37:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Considering the only seats they can flip these days are from states they gerrymander'ed the shit out of I would not at all be surprised if they did. The only way they've clung to power this long is through grifting, gee'ing people up emotionally then lying to them, and stacking the deck in their favor so the fact there's a generation that sees through it and is starting to call them on their shit probably terrifies them.

Between this, Elon now selling 4 bil of the shares he said he wouldn't sell to fund his twitter takeover that's going super smoothly, and the crypto scams starting to fall apart it must be a bad day to be a dipshit.

It’s weird that no one running against the Texas GOP ever (effectively) points out that they’ve been in power for 25 years, so all of Texas’s problems are because of them and they aren’t going to be fixing them anytime soon.   

Still have to wait for LA mayor to be decided this week.  Considering everyone in LA county gets sent mail-in ballots, was surprised to see so many people on IG go out in the rain to vote.   

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2022, 06:53:15 AM »

Tight Pants Big Wheels

• Rep: -8
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 07:05:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s weird that no one running against the Texas GOP ever (effectively) points out that they’ve been in power for 25 years, so all of Texas’s problems are because of them and they aren’t going to be fixing them anytime soon.   

Still have to wait for LA mayor to be decided this week.  Considering everyone in LA county gets sent mail-in ballots, was surprised to see so many people on IG go out in the rain to vote.

What problems does Texas have that any other large, high-population state doesn't? It has one of the largest state economies in the country (second highest GDP behind California), and if Texas was a country it'd have something like the 10th highest GDP in the world. People and major corporations keep moving there for a reason (third-highest population growth in the US, behind Utah and Idaho). Can hardly go a day without meeting someone who just moved from California. Texas is the second-most diverse state demographically too, which I think a lot of people outside of the state don't consider. A lot of people also don't consider just how conservative large parts of our Hispanic population is. Yeah, the state has problems, like any other nation-sized (in terms of land mass, population and GDP) state/nation experiences, but it's growing like crazy because people actually want to live there because they can make a good living, own property and prosper.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 07:19:59 AM »
Holding onto hope Republicans don't take the Senate.
In Missouri we got recreational marijuana now so that's kinda cool.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2022, 08:16:07 AM »

Maryland too

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2022, 09:46:40 AM »

Welcome to the light my friend. Come visit us in the weed thread if you have any questions.

Gotta say Lauren head-Bobber looking to be losing a race she was supposed to easily win is another ray of hope that sanity isn't quite dead. Don't let the door hit you on the way out you lying histrionic high school drop out twat. Now you'll have plenty of time to take your husband to a bowling alley he's not banned from for showing his dick to teenagers.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2022, 09:51:57 AM »
Stacey Abhrams and "Beto" rourke got their asses whooped, that's all I needed to know for a good laugh.

The fact that Democrats, no matter how badly they lose, keep running these complete zeros whose only appeal is that they went to the right schools and can raise a lot of out-of-state money tells you everything you need to know about who comprises the party and what interests they represent. Abrams paying her best friend more than $9m dollars for "legal fees" is the cherry on top.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2022, 11:51:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The fact that Democrats, no matter how badly they lose, keep running these complete zeros whose only appeal is that they went to the right schools and can raise a lot of out-of-state money tells you everything you need to know about who comprises the party and what interests they represent. Abrams paying her best friend more than $9m dollars for "legal fees" is the cherry on top.

Pretty sure Abrams got a lot of credit for mobilizing voters in Georgia in 2020 and I know nothing about O'Rouke other than he likes to shred the Whataburger parking lot.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2022, 12:01:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What problems does Texas have that any other large, high-population state doesn't? It has one of the largest state economies in the country (second highest GDP behind California), and if Texas was a country it'd have something like the 10th highest GDP in the world. People and major corporations keep moving there for a reason (third-highest population growth in the US, behind Utah and Idaho). Can hardly go a day without meeting someone who just moved from California. Texas is the second-most diverse state demographically too, which I think a lot of people outside of the state don't consider. A lot of people also don't consider just how conservative large parts of our Hispanic population is. Yeah, the state has problems, like any other nation-sized (in terms of land mass, population and GDP) state/nation experiences, but it's growing like crazy because people actually want to live there because they can make a good living, own property and prosper.
Good luck when climate change makes the place unlivable. Somebody save Austin!
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2022, 12:45:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Problems?   Your fucking power grid for starters.   

gumsole

• Rep: 22
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2022, 02:24:15 PM »
Well if California wasn't already doomed we're completely fucked now...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2022, 02:27:17 PM »

What am I missing?

Tight Pants Big Wheels

• Rep: -8
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2022, 03:09:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I was certain that would be someone's go-to example. The big freeze sucked, I personally lived through it, but it was a once-in-a-100-years freak storm causing a one-off grid failure. The other 99.99% of the time the grid works just fine. And it's not like Texas is unique in that experience, other regions have had natural disaster related grid failures too that don't get near the scrutiny. We have problems like any state, but that's a lazy example.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2022, 03:18:18 PM »

Literally why

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2022, 03:19:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I was certain that would be someone's go-to example. The big freeze sucked, I personally lived through it, but it was a once-in-a-100-years freak storm causing a one-off grid failure. The other 99.99% of the time the grid works just fine. And it's not like Texas is unique in that experience, other regions have had natural disaster related grid failures too that don't get near the scrutiny. We have problems like any state, but that's a lazy example.

Considering the Western US is run on one grid, eastern us is run on another, and Texas runs on their own, I’d say your power grid failure was uniquely your own problem. 

Also, I don’t say there are problems with Texas, the politicians run on platforms that say there are problems.   But the irony is, if there are problems but you’ve been the ruling party for 25 years, those problems are your fault

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2022, 03:20:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Literally why

I’ve been googling this and the closest I can find is Caruso has a slight edge in the La mayoral race

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2022, 03:52:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Literally why
[close]

I’ve been googling this and the closest I can find is Caruso has a slight edge in the La mayoral race

Or he's mad that we made access to abortion a state constitutional right? Or that we banned flavored nicotine and didn't expand gambling? The demise of California has been greatly exaggerated (not that I don't have my own stringent criticism of this state)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2022, 03:59:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Literally why
[close]

[close]

Or he's mad that we made access to abortion a state constitutional right? Or that we banned flavored nicotine and didn't expand gambling? The demise of California has been greatly exaggerated (not that I don't have my own stringent criticism of this state)

I still find it baffling that these dialysis propositions keep failing.   All they are requiring is a fucking physician on site, but the attack ads are so prevalent and really obscure the issue

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2022, 04:14:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Literally why
[close]

[close]

[close]

I still find it baffling that these dialysis propositions keep failing.   All they are requiring is a fucking physician on site, but the attack ads are so prevalent and really obscure the issue

I voted for it because they annoyed the Fuck out of me with those ads