Author Topic: Mid Terms  (Read 3377 times)

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
Re: Mid Terms
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2022, 05:35:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A Republican civil war (Trump vs. DeSantis) will be hilarious. Best case scenario for Dems would be a DeSantis victory with a Trump third party run.
[close]

I think best case for Dems is a strong presidential candidate that galvanizes the electorate….but I do want the GOP to self-immolate too

I don’t necessarily have an issue with Biden bc he’s basically fulfilled what he ran on and he was always going to be a Jimmy Carter type executive of having to put the country back together in the aftermath of the barbarians’ looting, but I am somewhat concerned these results will embolden him to run again
[close]
I definitely want Biden to pass the torch after this term like he originally indicated he would do.  Gen Z showed up big time to help stifle the so called "red wave", so much so that repub pundits are clamoring about raising the voting age (which is fucking hysterical).  It only makes sense to bring in a candidate that can better represent younger generations.
[close]

The big question/problem is that there isn’t really someone to do that.   Beto/Abrams are 2x gubernatorial losers and likely better slotted as VPs and Kamala has shockingly disappeared and isn’t doing much to raise her profile.   I don’t mind  :'(, but maybe that’s because I’m familiar with him since back when he was mayor of SF and frankly as a native I want one President from CA to not be the absolute pits, but I do not think he’s a real pick
I honestly don’t want Beto anywhere near a potential ticket, that dude is political poison. I have a soft spot for Abrams because she helped secure Georgia in the general. Kamala, as you said is basically non existent, and I feel like that’s because she’s so unlikable.  Nancy and the rest of the establishment dems have worked so hard to keep the status quo of corporate dems running the show and hindering any progressives from gaining traction, that it’s really put in a bind with very few palatable options.

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2022, 06:15:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A Republican civil war (Trump vs. DeSantis) will be hilarious. Best case scenario for Dems would be a DeSantis victory with a Trump third party run.
[close]

I think best case for Dems is a strong presidential candidate that galvanizes the electorate….but I do want the GOP to self-immolate too

I don’t necessarily have an issue with Biden bc he’s basically fulfilled what he ran on and he was always going to be a Jimmy Carter type executive of having to put the country back together in the aftermath of the barbarians’ looting, but I am somewhat concerned these results will embolden him to run again
[close]
I definitely want Biden to pass the torch after this term like he originally indicated he would do.  Gen Z showed up big time to help stifle the so called "red wave", so much so that repub pundits are clamoring about raising the voting age (which is fucking hysterical).  It only makes sense to bring in a candidate that can better represent younger generations.
[close]

The big question/problem is that there isn’t really someone to do that.   Beto/Abrams are 2x gubernatorial losers and likely better slotted as VPs and Kamala has shockingly disappeared and isn’t doing much to raise her profile.   I don’t mind Newsom, but maybe that’s because I’m familiar with him since back when he was mayor of SF and frankly as a native I want one President from CA to not be the absolute pits, but I do not think he’s a real pick

Give me big jb pritzker baby

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2022, 06:27:39 PM »
Trump just announced 2024 ...ohh shit

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2022, 09:00:09 PM »

And the nightmare begins.

Hopefully, we only have 2 years of insanity to look forward to, not 6 years.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2022, 09:38:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Trump has lost three election cycles in a row.   He’s not going to gain some lost mojo in two years time especially now that he’s lost the support of Fox and establishment republicans and they see the emperor is a fat ,naked old loser.   He’s just trying to delay his legal problems

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2022, 02:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Trump has lost three election cycles in a row.   He’s not going to gain some lost mojo in two years time especially now that he’s lost the support of Fox and establishment republicans and they see the emperor is a fat ,naked old loser.   He’s just trying to delay his legal problems

Who could have seen this coming? Its almost like he only ever serves his own interests or something. I guess Liz Cheney is a soothsayer or getting her info straight from Q or something because there is absolutely no chance anyone could have expected the delusional narcissist fascist cult leader who attacked democracy itself when he lost a fair election to turn on them.

I do hope the fact someone this self serving, narcissistic, and very likely outright treasonous was elected by simply appealing to the worst people and the worst in people was an important lesson for the younger and more rational people in America.

Recognize and understand your biases and blind spots and how they can and will be exploited. I firmly believe you should vote with the intention to better the lives of as many individuals as possible rather than bettering your individual life as much as possible. Don't treat politics as a team sport where you support "your guy" no matter how awful he is and if they ask for money every time they interact with you then they probably only care about your money. Worshipping and blindly supporting a billionaire is not going to make you any richer, but it will often make you poorer.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2022, 06:51:16 AM »
I hope to see Trump and DeSantis rip the GOP in half.
If defeated, I could maybe see DeSantis kissing the ring and endorsing Trump à la Ted Cruz. Maybe. I'm sure he'd at least direct his base to vote R no matter what.
If defeated, I can only see Trump throwing a pissbaby shit fit and commanding his minions to not vote or kill people or fuckin' whatever.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2022, 07:41:59 AM »
If defeated, I could maybe see DeSantis kissing the ring and endorsing Trump à la Ted Cruz. Maybe. I'm sure he'd at least direct his base to vote R no matter what.
If defeated, I can only see Trump throwing a pissbaby shit fit and commanding his minions to not vote or kill people or fuckin' whatever.
I think there will be (if not already) a big push behind the scenes in the RNC for Garland to go ahead with indicting trump.  He's no longer useful and downright hurting the party so they want to distance from him asap.

Get hungry on it!

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2022, 08:25:32 AM »

yea the fighting has begun

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2022, 09:26:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

The big question/problem is that there isn’t really someone to do that.   Beto/Abrams are 2x gubernatorial losers and likely better slotted as VPs and Kamala has shockingly disappeared and isn’t doing much to raise her profile.   I don’t mind Newsom, but maybe that’s because I’m familiar with him since back when he was mayor of SF and frankly as a native I want one President from CA to not be the absolute pits, but I do not think he’s a real pick

Have you heard the good news?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2022, 09:49:16 AM »
If GOP win the house, prepare for 50,000 hours of investigations into Benghzai, Hunter's Laptop, and Obama's tan suit.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2022, 10:47:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

He's rich as fuck which working class republicans really seem to gravitate towards these days so that might help get some of their votes.  But also Jewish, so that might make it a wash.

Get hungry on it!

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2022, 11:16:20 AM »
Seems ridiculous to not want the sitting Democratic president who is eligible for another term to run. Biden should have ran after Obama left office.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2022, 11:18:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
He's rich as fuck which working class republicans really seem to gravitate towards these days so that might help get some of their votes.  But also Jewish, so that might make it a wash.

Yeah but he's the right kind of Jew (Money Jew), not the bad kind of Jew (Book Jew). Also he's pro-Israel.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2022, 02:06:23 PM »
If GOP win the house, prepare for 50,000 hours of investigations into Benghzai, Hunter's Laptop, and Obama's tan suit.
The Republican party needs to investigate the greatest scandal in presidential history. They also need to send John Kerry to prison for asking for swiss cheese on his cheesesteak...unforgivable.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2022, 02:20:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I’ll be honest - hadn’t heard much of him before, but maybe that’s a regional thing, but I’ll keep a look out

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2022, 02:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’ll be honest - hadn’t heard much of him before, but maybe that’s a regional thing, but I’ll keep a look out

It's just sort of a joke, but many have pointed out that he is actually in a pretty good position to run in 24 or 28. He has the buy-in of many people inside the party, is a popular governor of a large state, the money to bankroll a campaign, and he is a large lad.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2022, 03:45:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's just sort of a joke, but many have pointed out that he is actually in a pretty good position to run in 24 or 28. He has the buy-in of many people inside the party, is a popular governor of a large state, the money to bankroll a campaign, and he is a large lad.

He also doesn't stink of LOSER like Kamala,booker, beto, Warren, Hillary or Abrams. He's a popular big governor in the Midwest. He tracks as normal to average people with Healthcare as his big issue. That's a good looking candidate

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2022, 04:20:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He also doesn't stink of LOSER like Kamala,booker, beto, Warren, Hillary or Abrams. He's a popular big governor in the Midwest. He tracks as normal to average people with Healthcare as his big issue. That's a good looking candidate

Why do you add Warren to the list of losers? (She’s on my list of Congress needs her more than Executive branch) 

What is the out of state perception of Gavin Newsome?    I’m not gaga for him by any means, but he’ll definitely be dipping a toe in the water

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2022, 04:51:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Why do you add Warren to the list of losers? (She’s on my list of Congress needs her more than Executive branch) 

What is the out of state perception of Gavin Newsome?    I’m not gaga for him by any means, but he’ll definitely be dipping a toe in the water

She has horrible political instincts on the campaign trail. See : "Bernie said a woman can't be president" and then losing her home state in the primaries to Bernie. She stayed in to ratfuck Bernie and didn't get a single state for her troubles.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2022, 05:03:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

She has horrible political instincts on the campaign trail. See : "Bernie said a woman can't be president" and then losing her home state in the primaries to Bernie. She stayed in to ratfuck Bernie and didn't get a single state for her troubles.

Oh right right.  She was such a nonentityin The primaries I forgot she ran.   That’s a diff category of loser to me than all the others, but I agree fundamentally that she’d never win a presidential race

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2022, 05:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh right right.  She was such a nonentityin The primaries I forgot she ran.   That’s a diff category of loser to me than all the others, but I agree fundamentally that she’d never win a presidential race
Which was a bummer because she started out as my front runner on the last go around.

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2022, 05:53:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

She's in the booker, Kamala, Beto and Tulsi tier

Complete non starters who never polled over 5%

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2022, 06:37:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, but I tend to see it a different way for senators who run: they’re vying for cabinet positions etc (like Buttegieg got) rather than actually thinking they will win.    It’s about leveraging their position within the party and hopefully becoming a known name nationwide.   Beto definitely has that stank on him, the senators survive, to me, because they are still senators at the end of the day.   Staci is a good political engine, but just might have the bad luck to run in a state that is all over the place.   

Also has Tulsi always beeen a kook or is she just now trying to carve a niche with anti-trans tweets?

(Btw, I enjoy talking about this stuff with you all!  It’s an outlet I miss)

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2022, 06:44:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, but I tend to see it a different way for senators who run: they’re vying for cabinet positions etc (like Buttegieg got) rather than actually thinking they will win.    It’s about leveraging their position within the party and hopefully becoming a known name nationwide.   Beto definitely has that stank on him, the senators survive, to me, because they are still senators at the end of the day.   Staci is a good political engine, but just might have the bad luck to run in a state that is all over the place.   

Also has Tulsi always beeen a kook or is she just now trying to carve a niche with anti-trans tweets?

(Btw, I enjoy talking about this stuff with you all!  It’s an outlet I miss)

Tulsi grew up in an insane cult. She has always been a freak

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2022, 09:46:46 AM »
I am curious about another Buttigieg run.   His policies aren't super liberal, he's a vet, not an old fuck, and extremely well spoken.  Whenever he has been invited onto Fox he rebuts all their garbage talking points and does it with a smile. 

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2022, 11:42:31 AM »
I am curious about another Buttigieg run.   His policies aren't super liberal, he's a vet, not an old fuck, and extremely well spoken.  Whenever he has been invited onto Fox he rebuts all their garbage talking points and does it with a smile.

Pete does not have the juice. No one cares about vets as candidates anymore unless you're a red pilled freak or a USS John McCain hat wearing guy. Pete spent his whole life preparing to be the ultimate 2012 candidate, gay, vet, McKinsey, small town mayor, presidential candidate ; but unfortunately for him, it's not 2012 anymore and all of these bonafides start to unravel under scrutiny. It's 2022 and his measured Obama cosplay reads as phony. Outside of his incredibly fishy win in Iowa, he didn't poll very high, especially when we got to South Carolina and his scandal about getting strong armed by the police union into firing the first black police chief in his city's history and his "Douglass plan" that made up black supporters and signed on people without their permission really killed his campaign. He's a linked in profile come to life

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2022, 01:40:10 PM »
Pete's another complete zero, right down to his Obama impression. Maybe he re-invents himself in a decade and there's a new Pete to contend with, but right now there's absolutely nothing there.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2022, 02:31:12 PM »
Pete's another complete zero, right down to his Obama impression. Maybe he re-invents himself in a decade and there's a new Pete to contend with, but right now there's absolutely nothing there.

I think he knows it too that’s why he took the Dept of Transpo job.   He’s like a Castro brother (not Cuba).   They’re a good looking suit, but there isn’t anything much else besides a diversity tick mark.   It’ll be interesting to see what his next position is.   

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »
My wife was all in on Pete because he's from Indiana like us.  I just couldn't get past the fact that whenever he spoke he never really said anything of substance, he just sounded good saying it.  He's just a walking sound bite.

Get hungry on it!