Author Topic: Mid Terms  (Read 3378 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
Re: Mid Terms
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2022, 02:55:46 PM »
My wife was all in on Pete because he's from Indiana like us.  I just couldn't get past the fact that whenever he spoke he never really said anything of substance, he just sounded good saying it.  He's just a walking sound bite.

My recently blue Mom likes him.  He must have been good on Morning Joe or Colbert

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2022, 03:08:57 PM »
Interesting name I saw pop up, which makes sense considering she had a fairly decisive win last week, was Gretchen Whitmer.   

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2022, 07:40:15 PM »
At least he’ll be fresh and well-rested after several years of doing absolutely nothing as transportation secretary.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2022, 04:00:38 AM »
Interesting name I saw pop up, which makes sense considering she had a fairly decisive win last week, was Gretchen Whitmer.
She doesn’t take shit from the far right, we know that much.

Get hungry on it!

McBrandt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2022, 01:32:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
She doesn’t take shit from the far right, we know that much.

People should be talking about her more. Dems did very well in that state considering it was ground zero for a lot of fuckery during/post 2020 elections.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2022, 07:02:53 AM »
Expand Quote
I am curious about another Buttigieg run.   His policies aren't super liberal, he's a vet, not an old fuck, and extremely well spoken.  Whenever he has been invited onto Fox he rebuts all their garbage talking points and does it with a smile.
[close]

Pete does not have the juice. No one cares about vets as candidates anymore unless you're a red pilled freak or a USS John McCain hat wearing guy. Pete spent his whole life preparing to be the ultimate 2012 candidate, gay, vet, McKinsey, small town mayor, presidential candidate ; but unfortunately for him, it's not 2012 anymore and all of these bonafides start to unravel under scrutiny. It's 2022 and his measured Obama cosplay reads as phony. Outside of his incredibly fishy win in Iowa, he didn't poll very high, especially when we got to South Carolina and his scandal about getting strong armed by the police union into firing the first black police chief in his city's history and his "Douglass plan" that made up black supporters and signed on people without their permission really killed his campaign. He's a linked in profile come to life
That's a pretty damn good summary. I'd like to add the most relatable thing he ever did was say "that's bullshit" when the NYTimes editorial board confronted him with his helping McKinsey do price fixing. At least it was a sign of life. Spicy comeback, Pete. Truly a candidate for all that want him, which turns out wasn't very many people.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2022, 08:07:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am curious about another Buttigieg run.   His policies aren't super liberal, he's a vet, not an old fuck, and extremely well spoken.  Whenever he has been invited onto Fox he rebuts all their garbage talking points and does it with a smile.
[close]

Pete does not have the juice. No one cares about vets as candidates anymore unless you're a red pilled freak or a USS John McCain hat wearing guy. Pete spent his whole life preparing to be the ultimate 2012 candidate, gay, vet, McKinsey, small town mayor, presidential candidate ; but unfortunately for him, it's not 2012 anymore and all of these bonafides start to unravel under scrutiny. It's 2022 and his measured Obama cosplay reads as phony. Outside of his incredibly fishy win in Iowa, he didn't poll very high, especially when we got to South Carolina and his scandal about getting strong armed by the police union into firing the first black police chief in his city's history and his "Douglass plan" that made up black supporters and signed on people without their permission really killed his campaign. He's a linked in profile come to life
[close]
That's a pretty damn good summary. I'd like to add the most relatable thing he ever did was say "that's bullshit" when the NYTimes editorial board confronted him with his helping McKinsey do price fixing. At least it was a sign of life. Spicy comeback, Pete. Truly a candidate for all that want him, which turns out wasn't very many people.

He hit the "break glass in case of bread price fixing" and whipped out a swear. Truly a sign your campaign is going nowhere as evidenced first by Beto "we're gonna take your fucking guns" o'rourke

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2022, 11:02:50 AM »
Now that the dust has settled on the midterms I’m glad the republican house is finally get to the bottom of what’s really important in 2022.  Hunter Biden’s laptop.

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2022, 11:10:25 AM »
Hunter Biden is what Don Jr wishes he was.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2022, 12:12:48 PM »
Now that the dust has settled on the midterms I’m glad the republican house is finally get to the bottom of what’s really important in 2022.  Hunter Biden’s laptop.

I bet it has all of the deleted Hilary emails

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2022, 01:46:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I bet it has all of the deleted Hilary emails

I bet it has evidence that Clinton was actually in Benghazi leading the attack on the consulate. The previous 10 investigations couldn't find this evidence because Hunter's laptop was protecting Clinton. /s

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2022, 02:21:25 PM »
The thing is that we already know what's on Hunter's laptop - photos of him smoking crack and sleeping with prostitutes, and emails about his phony baloney job peddling influence in Ukraine. I guess the real point though is to enter it into the public record and spend the next two years trying to damage Biden over it.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2022, 06:34:25 PM »
Do you guys think it was a good or bad thing for the laptop story to be suppressed until after the election?

Would your answer be different if Biden and Trump switched roles in the scenario?

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2022, 06:39:48 PM »
The thing is that we already know what's on Hunter's laptop - photos of him smoking crack and sleeping with prostitutes, and emails about his phony baloney job peddling influence in Ukraine. I guess the real point though is to enter it into the public record and spend the next two years trying to damage Biden over it.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2022, 07:52:14 PM »
Do you guys think it was a good or bad thing for the laptop story to be suppressed until after the election?

Would your answer be different if Biden and Trump switched roles in the scenario?
I don’t think it would have changed anything really.  Everyone pretty much had their line drawn in the sand, that election regardless. 

Get hungry on it!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2022, 08:11:08 PM »
The coming election just got that much worse:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/19/technology/trump-twitter-musk.html

Note: This almost seems like one of Musk's last ditch efforts to make Twitter profitable knowing this dipshit drives clicks. I just hope the app collapses soon. I guess Mastadon had a quick uptick in users, but I don't know. SLAP and IG are all the social media I need.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2022, 06:42:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The battle of the fail sons.

Get hungry on it!

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2022, 08:44:02 AM »

Honestly it should be a gigantic scandal. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. made it literally impossible to share the story. I tried to send it over Messenger to a friend and it wouldn't go through. This behavior should be explicitly illegal.

I don't think it would have moved the needle one iota.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2022, 08:46:06 AM »
The coming election just got that much worse:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/19/technology/trump-twitter-musk.html

Note: This almost seems like one of Musk's last ditch efforts to make Twitter profitable knowing this dipshit drives clicks. I just hope the app collapses soon. I guess Mastadon had a quick uptick in users, but I don't know. SLAP and IG are all the social media I need.

If there's one thing Trump knows, it's another conman. He hates Musk and I don't think he'll use Twitter again, except maybe on a purely promotional basis ("Come see me at Nashua Hall in Nashua, NH this Friday. Tickets at this link!"). That ship has sailed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 08:55:06 AM by manysnakes »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2022, 09:34:56 AM »
Does Twitter have even have clout anymore?  Kinda lost its edge when Elon started discussions for control.   But it would be hilarious if rumble and truth fail because the users went back to Twitter

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2022, 12:23:43 PM »
I doubt they'd go back to a floundering and FAILING platform when they've already built parallel conservative spaces

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2022, 01:40:21 PM »
I doubt they'd go back to a floundering and FAILING platform when they've already built parallel conservative spaces

He has a very specific financial interest in seeing Twitter fail, so yeah.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2022, 04:59:02 PM »

Exactly this, going back to Twitter would be the final nail in the coffin of Truth Social or whatever it's called, adding it to the pile of failed business ventures by Trump...ah fuck...maybe he will go back to Twitter...

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2022, 06:40:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I don’t think it would have changed anything really.  Everyone pretty much had their line drawn in the sand, that election regardless.

How do we know? It was shut down before it could be examined and discussed. 

Should we accept being blatantly lied to by our government and media only if it’s about certain topics?  Where is the line between “things they are allowed to lie about” and “things they are not allowed to lie about”?  Only when they would prevent someone we don’t like from winning an election?

I hate the guy as much as anyone else, but it’s shocking to me how easily most people shrug off being lied to by their government and news media.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2022, 06:46:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2022, 08:13:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

lol look at all those retruths

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2022, 08:58:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

How do we know? It was shut down before it could be examined and discussed. 

Should we accept being blatantly lied to by our government and media only if it’s about certain topics?  Where is the line between “things they are allowed to lie about” and “things they are not allowed to lie about”?  Only when they would prevent someone we don’t like from winning an election?

I hate the guy as much as anyone else, but it’s shocking to me how easily most people shrug off being lied to by their government and news media.

Yeah I mean I agree that it's fucked up.  I had just dismissed it immediately as some kooky Q conspiracy stuff. 

Same goes for Biden's "Disinformation Governance Board"

Americans should by all rights be outraged by blatant media manipulation among many other issues, but getting a large enough group to muster the attention span to make a difference seems to be a pretty tall order.

Get hungry on it!

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2022, 11:11:57 AM »
Bumping this thread due to the news of Kristen Sinema switching parties to independent right after Warnock won the runoff in Georgia.  I've got to tip my hat to her for finding new ways to be an even more loathsome human, it really is impressive. 

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2022, 12:41:12 PM »
Bumping this thread due to the news of Kristen Sinema switching parties to independent right after Warnock won the runoff in Georgia.  I've got to tip my hat to her for finding new ways to be an even more loathsome human, it really is impressive.

Sort of related but shout out to qanon anonymous for their new episode about what a freak Tulsi Gabbard is

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2022, 03:45:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sort of related but shout out to qanon anonymous for their new episode about what a freak Tulsi Gabbard is
Not familiar with the show, but those two really are a match made in hell.

Get hungry on it!