Author Topic: Straight-on noseblunts  (Read 11848 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Straight-on noseblunts
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2021, 12:14:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Can you kickflip backside noseblunt or not? ^

In my 20 years of skating, I've never heard of anyone claiming that kickflipping into a slide/grind trick was easier than ollieing into it.
[close]

Go read the Billy Marks Thrasher interview from the mid 2000's. He says exactly that.

While its not necessarily always easier, especially not after you get the hang of ollieing in, there's definitely some truth to it especially for some backside tricks. My first back 5050 was after I could already kickflip back 5050, and my first back tail was after my first kickflip back tail.

veritas

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2021, 04:04:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone else despise when noseblunts aren't approached from the side of the ledge but straight on?

The recent DC video features a switch back noseblunt on the NYC pyramid ledges. Sick trick, but the guy was so 'headon' with the ledge that he basically approached it frontside.

Other notable offenders:
Henry Sanchez - Free your Mind(?) kickflip noseblunt at pier 7
Daewon - His old deca days where he stacked 420 picnic tables together
Anyone who does noseblunt 270's
[close]

Y'all are real stuck on downplaying that switch back noseblunt huh?
[close]

there's nothing to downplay. the edge he slid on was in front of him, so it was a switch front noseslide.
if anything calling it a switch back noseblunt is downplaying the difficulty of a switch back noseblunt.
Definitions of frontside and backside do not change based on how gnarly the spot or skater or bust factor is.
if you want to deserve the accolade of doing a switch back noseblunt, approach the edge backside and nobody can give you shit for it.
[close]

lol it a switch front nose hahahaha ok dude whatever you say

Is there some major difference im missing between this and Jordan Mournings nose booger slide, besides the better angle

snowballz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2021, 05:59:34 PM »
Does anyone else despise when noseblunts aren't approached from the side of the ledge but straight on?

The recent DC video features a switch back noseblunt on the NYC pyramid ledges. Sick trick, but the guy was so 'headon' with the ledge that he basically approached it frontside.

Other notable offenders:

okay then call it an over back noseblunt. not hard. and that is a fucking gnarly trick to do even in your normal stance, let alone fucking switch.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 11:33:26 AM by snowballz »

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2021, 06:24:39 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKZVgNXpWpx/?igshid=18160mt6j8rzb

idk man if you don’t think the first clip is tight you probably don’t like cool skateboarding

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2021, 09:09:13 PM »
backside tricks straight on are weird... it really makes the trick a lot easier.

I mean i could do straight on backside 5050s way before I could do "real" backside 5050s. it takes a hell of a lot more board and shoulder control to get into a "real" backside trick.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

sk8ordontordie

• Rep: -16
  • I like to skate
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2021, 09:27:06 PM »
Straight on for a rail is weird
Straight on switch 5050 is weird
Straight on frontside ledge 5050 is weird
I prefer a straight on noseblunt that pops out in the middle of a ledge
Thing is all tricks can be done differently and that’s the beauty of ledge skating. It’s an art. Of course some stuff is easier but sometimes the easier way looks better sometimes vice versa.
I bet good money nobody that posts on here can we back noseblunt any way.
Welcome to slap message board

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2021, 12:19:20 AM »
One of those tricks that the proper way to do it is so hard that it usually gets a pass.

I say it doesn't really count, and if somebody did the same trick/same spot but coming from the side I would consider it much more difficult in most cases.

A perfectly executed ollie into a BS Noseblunt is a thing of beauty.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2021, 12:20:52 AM »
I think you mean bastardized noselides.

never heard that one before, lemme appropiate real quick

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2021, 03:51:02 AM »
Straight on for a rail is weird
Straight on switch 5050 is weird
Straight on frontside ledge 5050 is weird
I prefer a straight on noseblunt that pops out in the middle of a ledge
Thing is all tricks can be done differently and that’s the beauty of ledge skating. It’s an art. Of course some stuff is easier but sometimes the easier way looks better sometimes vice versa.
I bet good money nobody that posts on here can we back noseblunt any way.

Ive done a back noseblunt on a tiny flat bar at ed benedict in portland and i guess mine was an ollie over to front nose because my wheels didnt really slide and the board was flat not vertical. Also i guess a straight in fs crook is really a back over crook...lol sarcasm...

chrisskates808

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2021, 03:13:00 PM »
I consider straight on as "cheating" but I don't hate on them if they're locked in proper. If they bugger slide them, that's a different story. Same concept for a lipslide straight on. It's kind of like a boardslide but it's technically a lipslide. The whole point of the trick is to pop and get over the ledge/ rail.

I think straight on is good for learning in the beginning but it does sometimes become a bad habit.

Uncle Guss

• Rep: -3
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2021, 03:30:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Other notable offenders:
[close]

Y'all are real stuck on downplaying that switch back noseblunt huh?
[close]

there's nothing to downplay. the edge he slid on was in front of him, so it was a switch front noseslide.
if anything calling it a switch back noseblunt is downplaying the difficulty of a switch back noseblunt.
Definitions of frontside and backside do not change based on how gnarly the spot or skater or bust factor is.
if you want to deserve the accolade of doing a switch back noseblunt, approach the edge backside and nobody can give you shit for it.
[close]

lol it a switch front nose hahahaha ok dude whatever you say
[close]

Is there some major difference im missing between this and Jordan Mournings nose booger slide, besides the better angle

um yes

edit: not sure why the pic isnt embedding or whatev but here: https://ibb.co/b6yJX0B

cameronalloneword

• Rep: 3
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2024, 09:08:36 PM »
if you care about skateboarding you know that going over the top on a nosebluntslide is not exactly kosher. call it a nosebluntslide sure whatever, but if you go over the top when could have gone from the side, it's unfortunate.

for the record i've done fs nosebluntslides on ledges, from the side, over the top, popped out, off the edge etc. never landed a bsnbs on a ledge. i've gotten into them coming sideways, slid them, never landed. moby dick shit.

Thank you for this. Some of the comments are salty but we've all seen how much sicker a properly done nose blunt from guys like Nestor Judkins is than the cheap ones where you go straight on like a 6 year old trying to learn how to grind a ledge at the local skatepark. Cheating on a nose blunt is the exact same as board sliding a flat rail going head on and calling it a lip slide. Cheating nose blunts aren't the worst thing ever but they're clearly lesser than compared to a real nose blunt. They're bargain bin nose blunts. For some reason a bs nose grind on a ledge doesn't bother me. I think it's weird but it doesn't bother me probably because getting into a proper bs nose grind is like 5% harder than coming from the side.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2024, 06:21:23 AM »
I would like to be added to list of offenders. I can do it from side on rails, but ledges are always over the top.

https://youtu.be/wNqd00iJe3k?t=58

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -291
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2024, 06:28:44 AM »
It's the most illegal trick and it's a shame how many pros get away with it.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2024, 07:19:30 AM »
Straight-on nosebluntslides are acceptable on ledges, but a nosebluntslide from the side, popped out before the end of the ledge is something totally different.

What I hate is when people don't lock into the BSNBS straight away, when they sort of land into a nosewheelie then quickly pivot their way into the BSNBS. I see that loads on ledges and it's been bugging me since the Trilogy days.

2:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIXZGY0JVZg

justpassingthrough

• Rep: 15
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2024, 07:31:49 AM »
I've never done a noseblunt slide on a ledge from the side, always straight on. I can't figure it out in my mind. I learned lipslides straight on as well, but I eventually learned them on the side of the ledge.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2024, 11:07:31 AM »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2024, 11:18:51 AM »
7:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtH2KjYQcsI

Philly steps should not count. Because of the lower stairs.

Also shod observes ledge laws.

I would like to hear him speak on the matter
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2024, 11:43:56 AM »
Man I was fuckin fucked up this morning. Still am rn. I can't even eat let alone type.

But it's shitty out and I cant skate it of rn. So I'm going to type all day.

I learned nbs on a tall curb with no ends. I could immediately get into them and slide too.

I personally feel like going straight at it it's harder. With all tricks but back 5oh

Look at DGK. Those guys are going from the bench up over the corner of the ledge and popping out.

Ivdid pay a full months SSI to see a (half) cab over the edge bs nbs to forward at JFK.
(270 but because it's to forward I'd call it half cab)

Or see fakie front nbs over the edge switch back to forward.

I know it sounds fuckin ugggz but close your eyes think again and tell me that you don't wanna see it.

I got a million untested ideas for the over the jfk ledges. I loved that spot. There's another old one like that at the courthouse too.

Y'all seen it for sure.

I wish I worked for DGK
(A)pl(E)

wilog

• Rep: -23
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2024, 07:09:33 PM »
I learned noseblunts from the side but then started doing it straight on because i could do higher ledges but now its so much harder from the side I definitely think its a bad habit that should be avoided

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2024, 11:01:32 PM »
Half cab blunts def easier dead on.

(A)pl(E)

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -478
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2024, 11:35:41 PM »
backside tricks straight on are weird... it really makes the trick a lot easier.

I mean i could do straight on backside 5050s way before I could do "real" backside 5050s. it takes a hell of a lot more board and shoulder control to get into a "real" backside trick.

I hear you, straight on back side trick that aren’t the nose always terrified me though. I hung up once learning and said fuck it and waited years to learn regular back 5050, tho part of that was only having a flat bar and for whatever reason backside grinds on flatbars don’t compute.

My friends always thought it was weird I could skate round rails easily as long as it’s frontside but any backside trick on a flat bar was my kryptonite. Y’all have that problem?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2024, 10:38:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hear you, straight on back side trick that aren’t the nose always terrified me though. I hung up once learning and said fuck it and waited years to learn regular back 5050, tho part of that was only having a flat bar and for whatever reason backside grinds on flatbars don’t compute.

My friends always thought it was weird I could skate round rails easily as long as it’s frontside but any backside trick on a flat bar was my kryptonite. Y’all have that problem?

I'm terrible at flatbars/rails, but I'm the opposite. Back 50 wayyy before front 50.

I've got like 4 rail tricks total tho so......