Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 164113 times)

Rune Spliffberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 100
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #720 on: January 25, 2023, 09:11:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
find it interesting theyre incorporating islamic themes in king skateboards

1. Mansa Musa - a rich muslim king - being used as Tyshawns board graphic
2. putting Na-Kel's middle name "Allah" on the board instead of his last name on Na-Kels board
3. common phrase in arabic: bismillah - commonly translated by non Arabic speakers as "in the name of Allah" (it more accurately means "with the name of Allah") - being juxtaposed onto Na-kels board
4. A crescent moon + star (a popular emblem often linked with Islamic culture) on Na-Kels board

what does this all mean, do we got some habibis in dis bitch? are we expected to see a carpet co collab?

or are they disrespecting Islam by modifying a revered & timeless phrase spoken by all muslims
[close]

im guessing the latter, fuck these bitches
[close]

someone who is purportedly nakel’s uncle is in the comments talking about how he’s a lifelong 5%er so you might be a little off on this one
[close]

i had to do research on what even tf was 5%er was

what a fuckin joke of a supremist movement. what a fuckin kook to have this graphic

id urinate with jet mode engaged on any fool whod comes across me in the wild with this shitty board, smh

u wouldnt do shit lol

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #721 on: January 25, 2023, 09:17:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
find it interesting theyre incorporating islamic themes in king skateboards

1. Mansa Musa - a rich muslim king - being used as Tyshawns board graphic
2. putting Na-Kel's middle name "Allah" on the board instead of his last name on Na-Kels board
3. common phrase in arabic: bismillah - commonly translated by non Arabic speakers as "in the name of Allah" (it more accurately means "with the name of Allah") - being juxtaposed onto Na-kels board
4. A crescent moon + star (a popular emblem often linked with Islamic culture) on Na-Kels board

what does this all mean, do we got some habibis in dis bitch? are we expected to see a carpet co collab?

or are they disrespecting Islam by modifying a revered & timeless phrase spoken by all muslims
[close]

im guessing the latter, fuck these bitches
[close]

someone who is purportedly nakel’s uncle is in the comments talking about how he’s a lifelong 5%er so you might be a little off on this one
[close]

i had to do research on what even tf was 5%er was

what a fuckin joke of a supremist movement. what a fuckin kook to have this graphic

id urinate with jet mode engaged on any fool whod comes across me in the wild with this shitty board, smh
[close]

u wouldnt do shit lol

You really wanna piss on someone huh?

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -439
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #722 on: January 25, 2023, 09:20:46 PM »
I did a whole goof where I quoted that and put like 20 of the boards in my cart on the website with a note that said “send ASAP please” but the fucking screenshot was too big to attach and I can’t paste it in so just imagine that it was funny

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #723 on: January 25, 2023, 09:33:35 PM »
https://humanities.wustl.edu/news/enter-five-percent-how-wu-tang-clan%E2%80%99s-debut-album-maps-complex-doctrine-five-percent-nation

Ya best protect ya neck, son.

Seriously though, @switchfakie, can you explain why you explain why you think the Nation of Gods and Earths a supremicist movement?

"The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches the belief that Black people are the original people of the planet Earth and are therefore the fathers ("Gods") and mothers ("Earths") of civilization. The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah the Father, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe. The Nation teaches that the black man (Insofar as the Nation defines this race) is himself God, with the black race thus being a race of actual gods."

Let's see how supremacist it sounds when you substitute black for white

"The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches the belief that White people are the original people of the planet Earth and are therefore the fathers ("Gods") and mothers ("Earths") of civilization. The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah the Father, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe. The Nation teaches that the white man (Insofar as the Nation defines this race) is himself God, with the white race thus being a race of actual gods."

That was taken from the wikipedia article btw
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #724 on: January 25, 2023, 11:43:33 PM »
So basically you guys never payed attention to any of the lyrics used in all those Wu Tang songs that are in all those skate videos.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #725 on: January 26, 2023, 12:21:35 AM »
So basically you guys never payed attention to any of the lyrics used in all those Wu Tang songs that are in all those skate videos.

Uhhh then why do I know that protons electrons always cause explosions

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #726 on: January 26, 2023, 12:29:09 AM »
Expand Quote
https://humanities.wustl.edu/news/enter-five-percent-how-wu-tang-clan%E2%80%99s-debut-album-maps-complex-doctrine-five-percent-nation

Ya best protect ya neck, son.

Seriously though, @switchfakie, can you explain why you explain why you think the Nation of Gods and Earths a supremicist movement?
[close]

"The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches the belief that Black people are the original people of the planet Earth and are therefore the fathers ("Gods") and mothers ("Earths") of civilization. The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah the Father, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe. The Nation teaches that the black man (Insofar as the Nation defines this race) is himself God, with the black race thus being a race of actual gods."

Let's see how supremacist it sounds when you substitute black for white

"The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches the belief that White people are the original people of the planet Earth and are therefore the fathers ("Gods") and mothers ("Earths") of civilization. The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah the Father, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe. The Nation teaches that the white man (Insofar as the Nation defines this race) is himself God, with the white race thus being a race of actual gods."

That was taken from the wikipedia article btw

I'm not convinced. Can you do it with people that are 'green with purple polka dots'?
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

conan777

• Rep: -52
« Reply #727 on: January 26, 2023, 01:10:15 AM »
Islam=worst religion
Nakel=worst person

Perfect fit

SwitchNollieHeel

• Rep: -6
« Reply #728 on: January 26, 2023, 05:24:29 AM »
I worked with a self proclaimed 5 percenter, mans claimed multiple times indigenous peoples such as myself are nothing but savages that need salvation. Needless to say he’s no longer a co worker.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #729 on: January 26, 2023, 07:20:36 AM »
I'd skate that Nak board in gold for sure. I think it's cool. I back black owned businesses. I am about equality for all people.

This will frighten some tho maybe. They will say that King Skateboards is on some kill whitey shit. That they are rasist and or that this is some woke ass bullshit.
Really these people just feel left out and angry. They probably don't realize they are hating and flexing their privilege.. And they got that mindset from the system. A system that is designed to be anti Black.
Most don't even realize they are on some subliminal system shit and are running the program by accident. That's the design and one of the main reasons liberalism is kinda gross.

I know better tho and I remember how uninviting most of skating used to be specifically African Americans.

I'm stoked to see what these kids do next.

I hope it works out for them I really do. I will definitely buy one when I see one.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

quackquack

• Rep: -402
« Reply #730 on: January 26, 2023, 07:58:09 AM »

I got scared after watching how Steve Cab protects his neck.
Oh, the places you'll go.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #731 on: January 26, 2023, 08:10:10 AM »
@modern life is war if white people can have white jesus, I’m ok with black people having a black god
The chillest1

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #732 on: January 26, 2023, 08:16:13 AM »
I'd skate that Nak board in gold for sure. I think it's cool. I back black owned businesses. I am about equality for all people.

This will frighten some tho maybe. They will say that King Skateboards is on some kill whitey shit. That they are rasist and or that this is some woke ass bullshit.
Really these people just feel left out and angry. They probably don't realize they are hating and flexing their privilege.. And they got that mindset from the system. A system that is designed to be anti Black.
Most don't even realize they are on some subliminal system shit and are running the program by accident. That's the design and one of the main reasons liberalism is kinda gross.

I know better tho and I remember how uninviting most of skating used to be specifically African Americans.

I'm stoked to see what these kids do next.

I hope it works out for them I really do. I will definitely buy one when I see one.

The racism is whatever. It's just some silly insecure self-congratulatory bullshit

cky enthusiast

« Reply #733 on: January 26, 2023, 08:20:38 AM »
lol now running a 5 percenter ripoff graphic is “racism”

the sensitivity never ends

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #734 on: January 26, 2023, 08:23:10 AM »
Islam=worst religion
Nakel=worst person

Perfect fit

Hey, can you fuck off? Thanks

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -513
« Reply #735 on: January 26, 2023, 08:28:46 AM »
I’m gonna stick to my original reasons for not liking this, it’s an ugly ass deck and the two guys running it are kooks.  But you guys go ahead and support “art” like this and a guy who wants to make skating more like ufc weigh ins with shit talking, sounds awesome!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 10:00:38 AM by Newphone »

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #736 on: January 26, 2023, 08:48:24 AM »
King should just run this graphic  ::)

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #737 on: January 26, 2023, 08:49:04 AM »
@modern life is war if white people can have white jesus, I’m ok with black people having a black god

5%’s don’t have a black or white god. It’s not a religion. They believe that you yourself are god. And yes there are white 5%’s as well. So hardly racist but still a terrible graphic or maybe not since slap is in a frenzy

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #738 on: January 26, 2023, 09:00:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Islam=worst religion
Nakel=worst person

Perfect fit
[close]

Hey, can you fuck off? Thanks
Actually, my friend, they CAN & should fuck off.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
« Reply #739 on: January 26, 2023, 09:19:09 AM »
Well Seventh Day Adventists aren’t all that great either
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #740 on: January 26, 2023, 10:37:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

5%’s don’t have a black or white god. It’s not a religion. They believe that you yourself are god. And yes there are white 5%’s as well. So hardly racist but still a terrible graphic or maybe not since slap is in a frenzy

Gonna revisit this post when the inevitable antisemitic board graphics drop
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #741 on: January 26, 2023, 10:38:59 AM »
Well Seventh Day Adventists aren’t all that great either

“Mother, I’m a Hare Krishna now”

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 133
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #742 on: January 26, 2023, 10:48:41 AM »
It wasn't just Wu Tang, Gravediggaz really went hard on that shit (Arm to the Leg Leg Arm to the Head). Yes, I know RZA was part of that too, but not as mastermind/producer.

But yeah, I'm a pretty big Wu fan, but I was 15 when the debut dropped and all of that shit went over my head. I just thought they called each other god because it sounded cool and that "Power U" was poetic nonsense verse. I gradually learned about Five Percenters and how deeply the knowledge was woven into Wu's whole thing.

Regarding this King graphic, the content doesn't bother me in the least, but its execution is aesthetically horrendous and very low-effort. It's an eyesore.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 11:00:23 AM by No Wave Comply »
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #743 on: January 26, 2023, 10:53:00 AM »
I want to see YAKUB on a board next
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Knox Harrington

• Rep: 10
« Reply #744 on: January 26, 2023, 11:09:16 AM »
“Five Percenters believe that the original inhabitants of the world were Black (which they refer to as the "Asiatic Blackman" and believe had inhabited the earth for "66 trillion years") who ultimately descended from the Tribe of Shabazz, while the White race are evil "devils" who were created 6,000 years ago on what is today the Greek island of Patmos by a 'rogue bigheaded scientist' named Yakub (the Biblical and Qur'anic Jacob) who was of the Meccan branch of the tribe. After the Whites attempted to rise up against their creators, they were exiled to the caves of "West Asia" - what would later be known as Europe. The Yakub origin story is the basis for all Five Percenter racial understanding.[72]”

work_lurker

• Rep: 70
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #745 on: January 26, 2023, 11:11:20 AM »
Expand Quote
By what I've seen so far it seems like their whole thing is to just praise black people.

Read the link that's been posted above about 5 percent nation. They believe

"The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches the belief that Black people are the original people of the planet Earth and are therefore the fathers ("Gods") and mothers ("Earths") of civilization."

"The Nation teaches that the black man (Insofar as the Nation defines this race) is himself God, with the black race thus being a race of actual gods."
[close]

"Members of the group call themselves Allah's Five Percenters, which reflects the concept that ten percent of the people in the world are elites and their agents, who know the truth of existence and opt to keep ninety-five percent of the world in ignorance and under their controlling thumb; the remaining five percent are those who know the truth and are determined to enlighten the ninety-five percent."

"The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah the Father, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe."

Conflicting percentages   ;D

Why would you copy and paste and change eighty-five to ninety-five? What a weird route to be a dickhead. The original link does not have ninety-five percent listed. I'm not defending any belief system here, but you took a stretch and I'm calling you out on it.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #746 on: January 26, 2023, 11:29:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Black god’s*, thank you for the correction. Honestly, judging from the comments in Nak’s post, quite a few 5 percenter’s aren’t hyped on it either. Honestly, not my favorite for whatever that matters, but also doesn’t trigger me much.

I suppose the point in my last post I attempted to make was: the same ways you might criticize 5 percenters, can be claimed about christians/catholics.
The chillest1

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #747 on: January 26, 2023, 11:34:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
By what I've seen so far it seems like their whole thing is to just praise black people.

"The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches the belief that Black people are the original people of the planet Earth and are therefore the fathers ("Gods") and mothers ("Earths") of civilization."

"The Nation teaches that the black man (Insofar as the Nation defines this race) is himself God, with the black race thus being a race of actual gods."
[close]

"Members of the group call themselves Allah's Five Percenters, which reflects the concept that ten percent of the people in the world are elites and their agents, who know the truth of existence and opt to keep ninety-five percent of the world in ignorance and under their controlling thumb; the remaining five percent are those who know the truth and are determined to enlighten the ninety-five percent."

"The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah the Father, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe."

[close]

Why would you copy and paste and change eighty-five to ninety-five? What a weird route to be a dickhead. The original link does not have ninety-five percent listed. I'm not defending any belief system here, but you took a stretch and I'm calling you out on it.
Interesting catch but 95% with 10% chosen is what the Wikipedia page said as of Monday night. I know this because the iffy math was called out on Gifted Hater's twitch stream before any of the 5 percenter stuff was posted in this thread. I assumed the increase to 95% was an olive branch to try interest other cultures in getting involved. This is the problem with Wikipedia as a resource as I suspect it was edited and then edited back to show the correct values.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #748 on: January 26, 2023, 11:49:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Interesting catch but 95% with 10% chosen is what the Wikipedia page said as of Monday night. I know this because the iffy math was called out on Gifted Hater's twitch stream before any of the 5 percenter stuff was posted in this thread. I assumed the increase to 95% was an olive branch to try interest other cultures in getting involved. This is the problem with Wikipedia as a resource as I suspect it was edited and then edited back to show the correct values.
The edit history is publicly viewable via a link/tab at the bottom of the entry, if’n anybody is actually curious enough to sniff around a lickle more.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #749 on: January 26, 2023, 11:54:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice to see we are all reading the same Wiki lol We are now all experts on the subject. Should have just went with the thrusting fist graphic with a simple Nak printed under it.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"