Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 164705 times)

doyle and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Allez_Jambon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2022, 11:17:08 AM »

lk130 x king drop expected smarch '23

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2022, 11:26:46 AM »
After thinking a bit, he really should have called it Ultraviolet.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2022, 11:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
are they rushing the release of their company so TJ can gun for SOTY this year? that's the only way i can justify the graphic design choices being made here - hopefully they rework the logo/graphics/everything
[close]

No. In a recent interview he said he wanted his video to have been released back in June/July but Thrasher made him wait to put it out. He also said he doesn’t care about being SOTY and they should give it to someone who just did one trick that stands out over people who release multiple parts just to flood the footage…
if only there was a way to upload videos to a site that everyone can access on the internet at anytime
Free Charlie Rambo

Kanteen Russell

• Rep: -72
« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2022, 12:04:40 PM »
Dumbest shit I've ever seen, what an idiot he is.

Geico Insurance

• Rep: 25
« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2022, 12:13:50 PM »
Dumbest shit I've ever seen, what an idiot he is.

You openly voted for a gentrifying, bland, scam artist. You’re in no position to call anyone an idiot.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #156 on: November 10, 2022, 12:15:08 PM »
Probably best not to feed the troll
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2022, 12:20:38 PM »
Looks like a vape company

Best comment, but SO many other great comments. Thanks for filling my workday with laughter.

I'm Tyshawn's fan but holy shit, that logo is beyond horrendous... what in the "design is my passion" is that?! I'm at a loss of words honestly. And the name... Jesus Christ.
Honestly this makes Nyjah's Disorder look good in comparison (let that sink in).

this logo looks like they went to snoop doggs instagram and DM'd the first person who commented "im a young aspiring graphic designer hit me up if you need an album cover or profile pic."

choose a profile picture out of these 9 (alien head, baseball, poodle) for your xbox account ass logo
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 01:00:50 PM by No Wave Comply »
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2022, 12:31:02 PM »
Obviously an homage to the Odd Numbers song in Andy Howell’s part in Useless Wooden Toys.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2022, 12:50:39 PM »
I was expecting it to be pretty bad and generic but this is really some Tony hawks underground shit.

The snoop dog comment section quote is one of the funnier things I’ve read on here in a while.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2022, 12:59:17 PM »
Simple is better even if it's lame. The logo is fisher price though.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2022, 01:32:51 PM »
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2022, 01:41:46 PM »
logo looks like something a nhl player from sweden would wear on a hoodie that goes halfway down his thighs with comme des garcons x play converse, & ripped skinnies while blasting marshmello on the beats by dre

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2022, 01:45:33 PM »
Was listening to this when i found out about his company

the best.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2022, 01:54:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

King Tubby is the shit, love me some dub. Dude basically created the foundation of edm with reggae in the 60s

Well umm, Lee Perry created dub. But yeah King Tubby and Scientist are incredible masters of the craft.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2022, 01:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
are they rushing the release of their company so TJ can gun for SOTY this year? that's the only way i can justify the graphic design choices being made here - hopefully they rework the logo/graphics/everything
[close]

No. In a recent interview he said he wanted his video to have been released back in June/July but Thrasher made him wait to put it out. He also said he doesn’t care about being SOTY and they should give it to someone who just did one trick that stands out over people who release multiple parts just to flood the footage…
[close]
if only there was a way to upload videos to a site that everyone can access on the internet at anytime

The words literaly came out of his mouth. The interview is posted here somewhere.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2022, 02:07:57 PM »
Nakel can be the jester, except instead of funny and harmless he is not funny and violent

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2022, 02:50:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

The words literaly came out of his mouth. The interview is posted here somewhere.

He also just talked shit on people releasing stuff for a SOty push in his thrasher interview

Lester Bullocks

• Rep: 18
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2022, 03:05:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

King Tubby is the shit, love me some dub. Dude basically created the foundation of edm with reggae in the 60s
[close]

Well umm, Lee Perry created dub. But yeah King Tubby and Scientist are incredible masters of the craft.
Lee Perry did not create dub, it was "created" when a sound system operator named Ruddy Redwood went to Treasure Isle to have some acetates cut for his sound and the engineer accidentally left the vocals off one. He played the vocal-less one at a dance later that night and the crowd went wild, after that he started asking for more acetates without out the vocals, thus the birth of the version.  You would also be remiss to not mention Prince(King)Jammy, Prine Philip Smart, Errol Thompson and Sylvan Morris as super skilled dub engineers.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2022, 03:30:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Lee Perry did not create dub, it was "created" when a sound system operator named Ruddy Redwood went to Treasure Isle to have some acetates cut for his sound and the engineer accidentally left the vocals off one. He played the vocal-less one at a dance later that night and the crowd went wild, after that he started asking for more acetates without out the vocals, thus the birth of the version.  You would also be remiss to not mention Prince(King)Jammy, Prine Philip Smart, Errol Thompson and Sylvan Morris as super skilled dub engineers.

Well he certainly did release the first dub album 'Blackboad Jugle Dub" with King Tubby and had been experimenting with it long before then. Lets argue about it. I do appreciate your knowledge.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2022, 03:39:57 PM »
Expand Quote
looks like one of those skate 3 team logos you gotta pick in game
[close]
can't find it but I remember hearing tyshawn's intro to professional skating was playing the first EA skate game

I hope he progresses past the logo real quick. I want to like this but don’t care for the logo at all

Lester Bullocks

• Rep: 18
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2022, 03:48:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Well he certainly did release the first dub album 'Blackboad Jugle Dub" with King Tubby and had been experimenting with it long before then. Lets argue about it. I do appreciate your knowledge.
Java Java Java Java enginered by Errol Thompson and Herman Chin Loy came out before Blackboard Jungle Dub and is generally credited as the first dub album.  Not trying to be a dick but if you are going to correct someone else in the first place you should have your facts straight, nothing personal.  I'm a huge Reggae nerd and an old one at that so there's that as well.

baggy spandex

« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2022, 03:49:55 PM »

OK it would be legitimately amazing to see Tyshawn get the Kehinde Wiley treatment

No Wave Comply

« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2022, 03:57:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Java Java Java Java enginered by Errol Thompson and Herman Chin Loy came out before Blackboard Jungle Dub and is generally credited as the first dub album.  Not trying to be a dick but if you are going to correct someone else in the first place you should have your facts straight, nothing personal.  I'm a huge Reggae nerd and an old one at that so there's that as well.

Love Dub. Thanks to older bandmates, I was introduced to it at a relatively young age. It's one of the most psychedelic genres out there. I really like the legends mentioned, but no one's mentioned my personal favorite, SCIENTIST. His "Rids the World of the Curse of the Vampires" is so good, not to mention several other albums. There's great UK Dub stuff too like Linton Kwesi Johnson, Mikey Dread, Mad Professor/Ranking Ann, and last but not least, Dennis "Blackbeard" Bovell; he gets extra points for producing the Saâda Bonaire stuff and Post-Punk classics like The Pop Group's "Y" and The Slits' "Cut". There's also the On-U Sound label, which went all sorts of different ways with Dub.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 04:40:37 PM by No Wave Comply »

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2022, 04:01:21 PM »
Love this dub appreciation thread forming, I listen to this classic about once a week:

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2022, 04:04:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Thats highly debatable

No Wave Comply

« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2022, 04:06:14 PM »
Love this dub appreciation thread forming, I listen to this classic about once a week:

Fuck yeah. His albums with this same artist's cover art are all so great. Nice one!

hayduke lives

• Rep: 40
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2022, 04:14:42 PM »

love prince fari i and the arabs too. who are some other roots/dub greats? the discussion of the artists and history of this music is way more interesting than a boring zoomer board brand. tj rips, naks a kook and seems likely the edits will be sick skating, weak graphics and goofy supreme clothes.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2022, 04:16:22 PM »
Guys Augustus Pablo -love me some Ital dub