Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 165191 times)

IpathCats

Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #330 on: November 15, 2022, 09:40:54 AM »
Most tall people look like shit on a skateboard and kevin white is no exception.

I'm 6' 4" and it's so hard for me to get even a simple clip that im satisfied with.

Luddite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #331 on: November 15, 2022, 09:42:37 AM »
Kevin White will make a great team manager in about a year

quackquack

• Rep: -405
« Reply #332 on: November 15, 2022, 10:30:21 AM »
Most tall people look like shit on a skateboard and kevin white is no exception.

I'm 6' 4" and it's so hard for me to get even a simple clip that im satisfied with.

It's funny - you either look like B.A. and Jake Johnson or you look like Rickety Cricket wobbling from a withdrawl.

Short skaters get either Bryan Herman grace or "land with your front-truck 50-50s".
Oh, the places you'll go.

IpathCats

« Reply #333 on: November 15, 2022, 10:32:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's funny - you either look like B.A. and Jake Johnson or you look like Rickety Cricket wobbling from a withdrawl.

Short skaters get either Bryan Herman grace or "land with your front-truck 50-50s".

Yea, shit sucks haha. I'm much better off style wise than my other tall friends, but the style floor in order to look decent is so much higher for us tall folk

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #334 on: November 15, 2022, 11:05:21 AM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #335 on: November 15, 2022, 01:51:11 PM »
I think Kevin white is on. But shit maybe he finally took up fill on the FA offer. Dudes really nice but that was the stupidest move in the history of skateboarding.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #336 on: November 15, 2022, 05:24:54 PM »
Im thinking kevin white is on too. He said he has a part dropping for someone this month but wouldn't say who and was being very secretive about it. Only thing that makes sense is a part in this video if they release a sort of full length to introduce the company

i’m pretty sure baker is dropping a video before the end of the year…

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #337 on: November 15, 2022, 05:27:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Im thinking kevin white is on too. He said he has a part dropping for someone this month but wouldn't say who and was being very secretive about it. Only thing that makes sense is a part in this video if they release a sort of full length to introduce the company
[close]

you think kevin white is getting on baker?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

larry sanders

• Rep: -3
« Reply #338 on: November 15, 2022, 06:34:57 PM »
Are we sure this isn’t just Adidas trying to get into skateboard decks the way Nike secretly is financing everyone of their riders’ starting a board company?

honest question, what is Adidas or Nike’s incentive to do that?

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #339 on: November 15, 2022, 07:25:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Are we sure this isn’t just Adidas trying to get into skateboard decks the way Nike secretly is financing everyone of their riders’ starting a board company?
[close]

There were rumors that Numbers was a Nike funded board brand and I'm assuming now people are thinking this is an Adidas board brand. I'm pretty sure the Numbers rumors were refuted, but who really knows. I'm honestly tired of these random board brands popping up, but hopefully Tyshawn can make this something other than a tax write off.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #340 on: November 15, 2022, 07:47:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

euro tm tweeting in my ear

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #341 on: November 15, 2022, 08:28:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

“Nike is funding board brands” only insofar as they paid a lot of skaters so much money that they were able to get their own companies off of the ground. The idea that Nike is the slightest bit interested in the manufacture and distribution of skateboard is borderline delusional.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

larry sanders

• Rep: -3
« Reply #342 on: November 15, 2022, 08:32:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

There were rumors that Numbers was a Nike funded board brand and I'm assuming now people are thinking this is an Adidas board brand. I'm pretty sure the Numbers rumors were refuted, but who really knows. I'm honestly tired of these random board brands popping up, but hopefully Tyshawn can make this something other than a tax write off.

Is it just another way to put more money into Marketing, like if we help fund Numbers marketing, that gets more eyes on our Pros who are wearing our shoes and then we sell more shoes?

I guess I can see the logic

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #343 on: November 15, 2022, 08:35:00 PM »
Somehow KWhites skating has kind of grown on me. Can’t say he’s my favorite but, I think he’s a good ambassador for skateboarding.

Hope to see a baker video out and wish it had Kader but starting to see the reality that he’s probably leaving. Saw an interview where he said he wants to build something like Reynolds did with Baker, but it was in context with making pants.
The chillest1

alecjahr

• Rep: -109
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #344 on: November 15, 2022, 09:25:11 PM »
I’m 6’1 and I look dope as fukk

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #345 on: November 15, 2022, 09:58:11 PM »
Somehow KWhites skating has kind of grown on me. Can’t say he’s my favorite but, I think he’s a good ambassador for skateboarding.

Hope to see a baker video out and wish it had Kader but starting to see the reality that he’s probably leaving. Saw an interview where he said he wants to build something like Reynolds did with Baker, but it was in context with making pants.

His nine club has me thinking the same , with what Kelly was saying about being in like japan and the homie there getting all hyped cause they’re friends. He’s a positive dude, gets along with the entire industry seemingly and is good enough at skating that while on skill alone maybe he wouldn’t be pro but as total package and someone to represent a brand and skateboarding at large is the perfect dude. Respect, especially since I’ve vocally hated on dude here multiple times.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #346 on: November 15, 2022, 10:16:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

haha. i agree with everyone else that he seems like a good dude, his skateboarding is better than i remember after rewatching his part after the nine club episode. i just don’t see it at all. reynolds seems to only grab younger guys with promised futures at this point, not middle level 30 year olds. then again, shane heyl had a board for a minute… he was also a long running member of the crew though.

did anyone else notice kevin white seeming a bit offended for a moment after chris roberts said he initially thought mid 90s might be bullshit? that had me laughing so hard.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #347 on: November 15, 2022, 10:24:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Is it just another way to put more money into Marketing, like if we help fund Numbers marketing, that gets more eyes on our Pros who are wearing our shoes and then we sell more shoes?

I was joking - there was a time when Numbers and Skate Mental (maybe even 3D) were accused of being shadow Nike projects because people wanted to believe Nike had some weird plan to infiltrate the industry, establish a good relationship for two decades and then fuck everyone over (see: the yearly rumors of Nike cutting its team, when it’s pretty much just been Yoshi Tannenbaum and the Wilson bro on DC now). 

I thought it was amusing that Adidas doesn’t get the same amount of stick Nike does, despite it being a megalith in its own right

Fenchtost

• Rep: 0
« Reply #348 on: November 15, 2022, 10:41:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
haha. i agree with everyone else that he seems like a good dude, his skateboarding is better than i remember after rewatching his part after the nine club episode. i just don’t see it at all. reynolds seems to only grab younger guys with promised futures at this point, not middle level 30 year olds. then again, shane heyl had a board for a minute… he was also a long running member of the crew though.

did anyone else notice kevin white seeming a bit offended for a moment after chris roberts said he initially thought mid 90s might be bullshit? that had me laughing so hard.

Yea I loved that part. Also Jeron really craving to connect with Kevin and talk straight facts on some real shit with him the whole time and be appreciated but wasnt really was fun too

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #349 on: November 15, 2022, 11:24:15 PM »
6'1 isnt tall

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #350 on: November 16, 2022, 12:00:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
6'1 isnt tall

Yeah, I'm 6'2 and I feel like in this day and age I am average-tall.

This is kind of weird but Tyshawn's Adidas pro model felt so good on my feet I assumed just based on what I'd seen of him and his massive pop that he was at least 6'4 or taller with big wide feet. I bought those and the Busenitz together for a steal and the Boozentits pro model felt narrow and odd to me. I'm sure it doesn't even mean shit and shoe-to-shoe mass production varies but I looked up each of their height and shoe sizes... lo and behold Busenitz is fucking 6'10 with an unknown shoe size, I'm assuming at least a 12 (what I wear) and Tyshawn is 6 feet even with 8 1/2 shoe size based on a modelling portfolio PDF from his management I found online. Of course, someone's pro model isn't customized to their feet and is more made for wide audience mass consumption but I'm sure these days you can get things closer to what you want exactly vs settling for designs someone else already came up with. I don't even know where I'm going with this but just thinking about different body morphologies and how they could affect someones skateboarding.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 12:36:50 AM by Steely Daniel »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #351 on: November 16, 2022, 01:48:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
6'1 isnt tall
[close]

This is kind of weird but Tyshawn's Adidas pro model felt so good on my feet I assumed just based on what I'd seen of him and his massive pop that he was at least 6'4 or taller with big wide feet. I bought those and the Busenitz together for a steal and the Boozentits pro model felt narrow and odd to me. I'm sure it doesn't even mean shit and shoe-to-shoe mass production varies but I looked up each of their height and shoe sizes... lo and behold Busenitz is fucking 6'10 with an unknown shoe size, I'm assuming at least a 12 (what I wear) and Tyshawn is 6 feet even with 8 1/2 shoe size based on a modelling portfolio PDF from his management I found online. Of course, someone's pro model isn't customized to their feet and is more made for wide audience mass consumption but I'm sure these days you can get things closer to what you want exactly vs settling for designs someone else already came up with. I don't even know where I'm going with this but just thinking about different body morphologies and how they could affect someones skateboarding.
I'm gonna guess typo and busenitz is 5'10 or there's some basketball player with the same name or something. I think the tallest pro is Ron Whaley who's 6'7 donta hill may of been the same height but not pro then also Sean Payne. Jake Nunn was 6'5 and I think ba and Stacy Lowery are 6'4.(I'm not just some weirdo who knows everyone's heights, I'm 6'6 so payed attention when there were other skaters who were "too tall")
Not knocking 6'1 mate. It's probably about the ideal height to be in the modern world.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #352 on: November 16, 2022, 01:54:01 AM »
Yeah, there's no fucking way that is right but I saw it in a few different places though. Just read a french interview https://www.aproposskatemag.com/5-questions-dennis-busenitz/ where they say google says you're 2.08 M tall (6'8 actually) and he says not to believe the internet. Also just looking at him next to average-height pros and he's probably not even 6 feet tall. Clowning myself again with some wasted stream-of-consciousness shitspam. Lol I was actually about to delete my post like I often do but you had already quoted it

thunderclap

• Rep: 1
« Reply #353 on: November 16, 2022, 01:56:33 AM »
Regarding Busenitz' height:

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #354 on: November 16, 2022, 04:27:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was joking - there was a time when Numbers and Skate Mental (maybe even 3D) were accused of being shadow Nike projects because people wanted to believe Nike had some weird plan to infiltrate the industry, establish a good relationship for two decades and then fuck everyone over (see: the yearly rumors of Nike cutting its team, when it’s pretty much just been Yoshi Tannenbaum and the Wilson bro on DC now). 

I thought it was amusing that Adidas doesn’t get the same amount of stick Nike does, despite it being a megalith in its own right
They also gave pontus a chunk of money to do polar. Or at least I remember someone saying it in an interview. Maybe Eniz?

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #355 on: November 16, 2022, 05:04:33 AM »

Fully agree with this ^
Wish i had a proportionate leg length so clips would look better.

IpathCats

« Reply #356 on: November 16, 2022, 05:43:35 AM »

lol gnar'd

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
6'1 isnt tall
[close]

[close]
I'm gonna guess typo and busenitz is 5'10 or there's some basketball player with the same name or something. I think the tallest pro is Ron Whaley who's 6'7 donta hill may of been the same height but not pro then also Sean Payne. Jake Nunn was 6'5 and I think ba and Stacy Lowery are 6'4.(I'm not just some weirdo who knows everyone's heights, I'm 6'6 so payed attention when there were other skaters who were "too tall")
Not knocking 6'1 mate. It's probably about the ideal height to be in the modern world.

I saw BA at the banks once, I think hes like 6' 5" maybe 6' 4.5" he was ever so slightly taller than me.

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #357 on: November 16, 2022, 05:57:17 AM »
Saw Louie Lopez at a demo about a week after he turned pro for Flip. Got a pic with him and I was towering over him (I was 13 at the time and am 6 foot 1 now) dude is short as fuck
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

IpathCats

« Reply #358 on: November 16, 2022, 06:00:28 AM »
Saw Louie Lopez at a demo about a week after he turned pro for Flip. Got a pic with him and I was towering over him (I was 13 at the time and am 6 foot 1 now) dude is short as fuck

He looks to have grown a lot.

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #359 on: November 16, 2022, 06:09:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He looks to have grown a lot.

He could've had a late growth spurt but he would've been 19 or 20 at the time
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks