Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 164993 times)

Allen. and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #390 on: November 19, 2022, 04:52:56 PM »
I’m guessing Hakeem Ducksworth will make the squad. Frankie Spears will probably hop on in a year if King is still alive.
yeah tyshawn will probably steal bobby dekyzer from quasi, maybe nakel can pull berra out of retirement & get him on too.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #391 on: November 19, 2022, 05:19:41 PM »
yeah i cant imagine they are still paying him. dudes good but puts out way more druken copenhagen citibike footage than he does skating but i fuck with it.

how the fuck does he still have braces though real shit.

free max b

You see how crooked and crowded his teeth used to be?  It takes a while to fix that.  I had braces twice.

free max b
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 07:52:03 PM by Dark Knight »

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #392 on: November 19, 2022, 07:34:21 PM »
yeah i cant imagine they are still paying him. dudes good but puts out way more druken copenhagen citibike footage than he does skating but i fuck with it.

how the fuck does he still have braces though real shit.

free max b

probably can’t wake up in time for his appointment to get em off

douchenozzle

• Rep: 32
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #393 on: November 19, 2022, 07:39:27 PM »
All I give a shit about is that Zach is as far away from I.C

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #394 on: November 19, 2022, 07:53:05 PM »
All I give a shit about is that Zach is as far away from I.C

No doubt. Dude is a superhero.

babyyeezus

• Rep: -7
« Reply #395 on: November 20, 2022, 06:13:27 AM »
frankie spears will absolutely not be on this brand, are you fucking high?

Just a wild guess I’d like to see happen. They were childhood friends. Is Alien really that cushy of a spot? The tech deck checks must be fat.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2022, 06:27:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Omfg things are going to get wild
[close]

Kb not listed on the poster 😕

He's moved from blowing it to having blown it
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #397 on: November 20, 2022, 06:39:58 AM »
Expand Quote
I’m guessing Hakeem Ducksworth will make the squad. Frankie Spears will probably hop on in a year if King is still alive.
[close]
Frankie should bring this guy with him from alien.

I forgot what happened but I think Darius kooked himself after dropping a part.

As I wrote this I realized your probably just joking cause his last name is king. I’ve not had coffee yet

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #398 on: November 20, 2022, 06:54:39 AM »
From what I recall he posted some stuff on Instagram about how he wasn't getting what he felt he deserved from Converse, his shoe sponsor at the time. Fast way to make your fledgling career disappear.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #399 on: November 20, 2022, 07:23:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Frankie should bring this guy with him from alien.
[close]

I forgot what happened but I think Darius kooked himself after dropping a part.

As I wrote this I realized your probably just joking cause his last name is king. I’ve not had coffee yet
From what I recall he posted some stuff on Instagram about how he wasn't getting what he felt he deserved from Converse, his shoe sponsor at the time. Fast way to make your fledgling career disappear.
Yeah just joking about his name. Yes I think it was he was unhappy with how cons didn't even make an insta post about his part coming out. Possibly during the time where POC were being open with how they were mistreated by the industry (was that what happened with Hakeem leaving choc?)

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #400 on: November 20, 2022, 08:24:32 AM »
Hakeem was calling out lots of people including Reynolds and while Reynolds isn’t a blown out racist Baker did release graphics like Antwuan’s get out of jail free monopoly deck and Cyril had one of him eating fried chicken all cartoon style.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #401 on: November 20, 2022, 08:44:40 AM »
I always find it so fucking weird that of all brands for Gonz to be tied closely to (that he doesn't own) Supreme seems to be the biggest. I can't imagine many people older than 25 wearing the clothes except for dudes that wait in line to buy shoes, and he's like double that old?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #402 on: November 20, 2022, 08:51:38 AM »
I always find it so fucking weird that of all brands for Gonz to be tied closely to (that he doesn't own) Supreme seems to be the biggest. I can't imagine many people older than 25 wearing the clothes except for dudes that wait in line to buy shoes, and he's like double that old?
Is supreme bigger than Adidas? If so they should of picked one of the couple nations not using Adidas, Nike, puma for their kit sponzo in the WC. They'd sell a ton of Ecuador and Iran jerseys of they had a box logo on them

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: November 20, 2022, 09:12:14 AM »
Hakeem was calling out lots of people including Reynolds and while Reynolds isn’t a blown out racist Baker did release graphics like Antwuan’s get out of jail free monopoly deck and Cyril had one of him eating fried chicken all cartoon style.

Source to the interview?

Reynolds did his teeth knocked out by calling Gershon an n-bomb back in the day.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #404 on: November 20, 2022, 09:27:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is supreme bigger than Adidas? If so they should of picked one of the couple nations not using Adidas, Nike, puma for their kit sponzo in the WC. They'd sell a ton of Ecuador and Iran jerseys of they had a box logo on them

No way. Adidas is the second largest shoe maker after Nike. They still do half of Nike's sales, but their growth has been exponential. I only know this stuff because one of my best friends works in the athletic shoe business, but Nike is rightly concerned that Adidas could overtake them in a decade or so.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #405 on: November 20, 2022, 09:38:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

No way. Adidas is the second largest shoe maker after Nike. They still do half of Nike's sales, but their growth has been exponential. I only know this stuff because one of my best friends works in the athletic shoe business, but Nike is rightly concerned that Adidas could overtake them in a decade or so.

Whats the opinion on the tyshawn shoe, i went to zumiez because my phone was getting fixed and noticed they sell (4) versions of the tyshawn and (1) version of the businetz. Didnt have any other adidas version,  adidas store didnt have any skate shoes lol

crepes

• Rep: -26
« Reply #406 on: November 20, 2022, 10:19:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Source to the interview?

Reynolds did his teeth knocked out by calling Gershon an n-bomb back in the day.
No he didn't. It was about weed in Japan or somewhere and one dude felt like the other kept too much of the bag they all contributed to. Gershon said something to the Boss and for a few days in a row, drunk Boss would heckle Gershon about it. "oh my weed, think of the weed" or something like that. Gershon resorted to violence because his poetry didn't have any effect on Reynolds. They've both talked about it in interviews.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #407 on: November 20, 2022, 10:21:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Whats the opinion on the tyshawn shoe, i went to zumiez because my phone was getting fixed and noticed they sell (4) versions of the tyshawn and (1) version of the businetz. Didnt have any other adidas version,  adidas store didnt have any skate shoes lol

No idea. I can’t wear adidas skate shoes, they just don’t work for me. Lots of people love them and they’re always for sale super cheap on eBay, though.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #408 on: November 20, 2022, 10:30:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Amazing shoes, great flick, pretty light. The only negative thing I can think of is that they kind of lose their grip pretty fast. When the pattern on the sole started to fade I was slipping around on the grip. But that was in wet winter times...

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #409 on: November 20, 2022, 10:57:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Source to the interview?

[close]
No he didn't. It was about weed in Japan or somewhere and one dude felt like the other kept too much of the bag they all contributed to. Gershon said something to the Boss and for a few days in a row, drunk Boss would heckle Gershon about it. "oh my weed, think of the weed" or something like that. Gershon resorted to violence because his poetry didn't have any effect on Reynolds. They've both talked about it in interviews.

Being a black man, and hearing those sort of stories always stick in my head.  Reynolds’s wasn’t being racist, he was just a drunk asshole

https://www.boardrap.com/gershon-mosley-explains-why-he-punched-out-andrew-reynolds/

LebowskisRug

« Reply #410 on: November 20, 2022, 12:34:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Obviously not and Gonz releases collabs for Adidas, but he's mostly clad in Supreme logos/clothes. Do his shoes sell particularly well? By biggest I didn't mean gross annual sales I meant popularity among young people. Lots of people wear Adidas but aren't paying a price premium or seeking out specific "drops" or "pieces". Clearly there will be no way to make my point with you, but I see more people rocking a Supreme top or pants than Adidas. It seems like a silly brand for a person of his age to be fitted in (aside from the shoes), whereas Adidas isn't.

I'm lacking in brainpower and communication today, but essentially Adidas has been mainstream for decades whereas people still seem entranced by whatever shit Supreme drops. I do see wayyyyy more Adidas collab shoes and gear on sale and close out and people still pay near or over retail for a Supreme logo shirt second hand on Depop. Maybe "bigger hyped brand" is better?

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #411 on: November 20, 2022, 12:47:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Obviously not and Gonz releases collabs for Adidas, but he's mostly clad in Supreme logos/clothes. Do his shoes sell particularly well? By biggest I didn't mean gross annual sales I meant popularity among young people. Lots of people wear Adidas but aren't paying a price premium or seeking out specific "drops" or "pieces". Clearly there will be no way to make my point with you, but I see more people rocking a Supreme top or pants than Adidas. It seems like a silly brand for a person of his age to be fitted in (aside from the shoes), whereas Adidas isn't.

I'm lacking in brainpower and communication today, but essentially Adidas has been mainstream for decades whereas people still seem entranced by whatever shit Supreme drops. I do see wayyyyy more Adidas collab shoes and gear on sale and close out and people still pay near or over retail for a Supreme logo shirt second hand on Depop. Maybe "bigger hyped brand" is better?

If you don’t think people are paying a premium for specific adidas drops your nutz or poorly informed.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

LebowskisRug

« Reply #412 on: November 20, 2022, 04:02:11 PM »
I know they are, but the second hand market and exclusivity doesn't seem to be as big as it is (clothing wise, NOT shoes) for Supreme and I don't see his Adidas collabs resold for insane prices.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #413 on: November 20, 2022, 04:40:50 PM »
Adidas is the biggest brand in soccer, the biggest sport In the world, streetwear is a drop in the bucket for them 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

one-o-one

« Reply #414 on: November 20, 2022, 05:26:35 PM »
Adidas is the second largest sportswear company in the world, behind Nike. Attempting to compare Supreme to Adidas, on any level, is laughable.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #415 on: November 20, 2022, 07:07:32 PM »
Attempting to compare a big established brand to hypebeast clothing early 20-somethings wear is my point. He's head to toe in a brand that people half his age wear despite having a contract with a much bigger brand. I find it surprising he chose to rep Supreme so hard.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #416 on: November 20, 2022, 07:37:39 PM »
maybe he likes the clothes? why do you care so much. also maybe because he’s literally a part of the brand, not just normal sponsored.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #417 on: November 21, 2022, 06:40:46 AM »
Adidas is the biggest brand in soccer, the biggest sport In the world, streetwear is a drop in the bucket for them

Really? I always assumed Basketball or maybe Football would be the number 1 sport on this planet.
I think soccer is boring and that can get you in trouble here in Germany.
IG: @flowterspace

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #418 on: November 21, 2022, 06:57:12 AM »
didnt realize Australia had the pulse of whats hot and whats not

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #419 on: November 21, 2022, 07:39:03 AM »
Attempting to compare a big established brand to hypebeast clothing early 20-somethings wear is my point. He's head to toe in a brand that people half his age wear despite having a contract with a much bigger brand. I find it surprising he chose to rep Supreme so hard.

It's symbiotic. They both look to each other for legitimacy.

Also lol at anyone comparing supreme to fucking Adidas.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in