Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 165537 times)

bob george, lulz and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #420 on: November 21, 2022, 07:45:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Adidas is the biggest brand in soccer, the biggest sport In the world, streetwear is a drop in the bucket for them
[close]

Really? I always assumed Basketball or maybe Football would be the number 1 sport on this planet.
I think soccer is boring and that can get you in trouble here in Germany.
Soccer is next level boring . My friend made us watch Qatar vs Ecuador and in 45 minutes , Qatar had one shot on net. 100 lashes for the entire teams wives

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #421 on: November 21, 2022, 07:52:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Adidas is the biggest brand in soccer, the biggest sport In the world, streetwear is a drop in the bucket for them
[close]

Really? I always assumed Basketball or maybe Football would be the number 1 sport on this planet.
[close]
Soccer is next level boring . My friend made us watch Qatar vs Ecuador and in 45 minutes , Qatar had one shot on net. 100 lashes for the entire teams wives

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #422 on: November 21, 2022, 07:58:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not that big of a football (what it means in the rest of the world) fan, but you literally had to watch two of the most unsignificant teams in the world. If you want to see it displayed at its finest, watch it when the big nations of South America and Europe go against each other.

And Basketball and american football is not that big outside of the US. I haven't seen any ultras support that genre of sports.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #423 on: November 21, 2022, 08:04:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Not that big of a football (what it means in the rest of the world) fan, but you literally had to watch two of the most unsignificant teams in the world. If you want to see it displayed at its finest, watch it when the big nations of South America and Europe go against each other.

And Basketball and american football is not that big outside of the US. I haven't seen any ultras support that genre of sports.
Boring or not soccer/football is the most popular sport on the planet and it's not even close. Basketball is sort of too far the other way where to me it's also boring. Huge guys on a pathetically small field running back and forth scoring every 6 seconds. Score so much it becomes meaningless. Some kind of adults 7-9 a side soccer on a 3/4 size field with much shorter game could be interesting but they'll never change how soccer works.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #424 on: November 21, 2022, 08:11:57 AM »

You're undoubtedly correct that non-American football is the most popular sport in the world, but my dude, may I introduce you to Turkish Ultras:

These guys are absolutely nuts and go hard as fuck at literally every sporting event.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Bret Hart
« Reply #425 on: November 21, 2022, 08:54:23 AM »
Soccer is only popular because anyone can play but basketball you need to be hella tall to be good or play at a professional level. If you’re not a minimum 6’5” you better godly
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 11:15:08 AM by SHARPSHOOTER »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #426 on: November 21, 2022, 08:57:43 AM »
Soccer is only popular because you need to be hella tall to be good or play at a professional level. If you’re not a minimum 6’5” you better godly

thats not even true for basketball

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #427 on: November 21, 2022, 09:03:06 AM »
Soccer is only popular because you need to be hella tall to be good or play at a professional level. If you’re not a minimum 6’5” you better godly

You mean basketball, correct?  Soccer/futbol dudes are short.  Only one that needs to be somewhat tall is the goalie

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #428 on: November 21, 2022, 09:11:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

not sure what value i'm adding to the world by writing an ill-thought out mini-essay on the differences in the european and north american psyche and their manifestations in sport, but here goes:

by necessity i'm painting in ludicrously broad brush strokes here, by i think each camp has a fundamentally different answer to the question of how you make something exciting.

the north american answer is that you design for excitement. disney land is magical by excruciatingly detailed design. likewise, the nfl is exciting because the rules say it has to be. one team being in possession without doing much with it is boring, so it isn't allowed. if you don't advance down the field at a speed of at least 10 yards per 4 plays, we will take the ball off you. if you don't hit your excitement quota, you get sacked, essentially.

even within that, the mechanism of making the distance required to stay in possession is designed to be exciting. the rules make it overwhelmingly likely a play is only ever likely to last around 2-10 seconds. then the teams reset and look to the playbook for a pre-correographed, explosive action to perform.

compare that to soccer. with the exception of a really well taken free kick, set pieces are considered the least exciting/beautiful/memorable way to score. look up any 'goals of the season/tournament' compilation. you're not going to see many/any corners or penalties even though they account for a lot of goals - which is because set pieces are considered a bit meh, a bit passe, somehow.

i think distaste for set pieces comes from something in the european psyche that assumes you can't manufacture excitement. a set piece is pre-planned, an imposed order. the whole point of excitement is that it's unplanned, or that it goes contrary to the plan.

basically, americans find soccer boring because there is nothing hardwired into the game to guarantee a spectacle. it can (and does) just drift along in a state of stalemate for long periods.

europeans find the nfl boring for the exact opposite reason. the very rules of the game are trying to guarantee excitement, but nothing guaranteed can be truly exciting.

of course, this may be down more to the history of the sports than any difference is psyche. the rules of soccer formed as the result of slowly codifying something people had been doing for hundreds and hundreds of years. so the idea that the thing was already engaging and exciting wasn't a consideration in the rules. it was more a case of making something already considered exciting into something that was also fair, safe and administered consistently.

i don't know about the history of the nfl, but i guess the sport either went from conception to codification a lot quicker, or was actively designed from the ground up. obviously, if you're *creating* a sport rather than just *codifying* a pre-existing one, you're way more likely to consider the rules as a tool for ensuring it doesn't end up being really boring.

thanks for coming to my simplistic, stereotype-riddled ted talk.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 02:37:20 PM by Arto!Arto!WakeUp! »

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #429 on: November 21, 2022, 09:24:26 AM »
Soccer is the most popular sport because it has the least barriers to entry - you really only need a ball and physical stature is not a huge factor as like with football/basketball. And for Gonz, it is possible that sup pays more than adidas - so bright red puffer jackets it is
Free Charlie Rambo

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • Free Max B
« Reply #430 on: November 21, 2022, 09:50:02 AM »
alright fellas i know yall are passsionate about soccer and i honestly wish i cared as much about anything the way some dudes rep their teams (clubs?) but take it to the non-american football thread fellas.

back to business

is the brand's logo a ripoff of the Basquiat crown or did they license it or am i just deepfried? Tyshawn is undeniably really good skateboarding and has been since he was 4ft tall skating 12th and A... but he needs to leave all the creative shit to his team of yesmen.

Hardies boards would be cool... but it was definitely set up like Bronze where its just a half serious company so that all the homies on competing shoe/board brands could share a sponse, kick it together and go on trips type business model.. which was taken from Diamond.

free max b

« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 10:52:54 AM by Pete »
FREE MAX B

cky enthusiast

« Reply #431 on: November 21, 2022, 09:50:21 AM »
tyshawn and nakels board brand is called soccer discussion skateboards

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #432 on: November 21, 2022, 09:58:48 AM »
tyshawn and nakels board brand is called soccer football discussion skateboards

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #433 on: November 21, 2022, 10:13:59 AM »

Wut?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #434 on: November 21, 2022, 10:20:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Hahaha- you ever watched Qatar vs Ecuador Football or Basketball Match?

Don’t care about soccer- but globally it’s definitely the largest in terms of turnover and popularity. There is no football „World Cup“ in the US Football is by far the biggest league - but there is no other football league comparable globally. Same for baseball and Basketball - huge league with gigantic turnover in US - but in any other country Soccer is the biggest league and in total they are bigger then the US football / baseball market.

My favorite team Sport to watch anyway is the very small and commercial not comparable Rugby.

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #435 on: November 21, 2022, 10:29:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wut?

To all the high school drop outs who never attended P.E class on this forum. Please do not discuss sports it really makes skateboarders seem ignorant
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

SHARPSHOOTER

• Bret Hart
« Reply #436 on: November 21, 2022, 11:02:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You mean basketball, correct?  Soccer/futbol dudes are short.  Only one that needs to be somewhat tall is the goalie
Oh yeah I guess I erased basketball by accident. That’s what I meant

switchfakie

« Reply #437 on: November 21, 2022, 08:25:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Wut?
[close]

To all the high school drop outs who never attended P.E class on this forum. Please do not discuss sports it really makes skateboarders seem ignorant

You talk about being ignorant like it’s a bad thing smh

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #438 on: November 22, 2022, 10:42:12 AM »
I always find it so fucking weird that of all brands for Gonz to be tied closely to (that he doesn't own) Supreme seems to be the biggest. I can't imagine many people older than 25 wearing the clothes except for dudes that wait in line to buy shoes, and he's like double that old?

Full agree. It really annoys me how they basically exploit his legendary status by throwing his name amongst a roster of skaters 1/3 his age, then only having a couple goofy clips in their videos. I'm sure it's a nice paycheck, but I have a feeling Gonz doesn't really need it, what with his art career, Krooked, Adidas, etc.

Then, on the opposite spectrum, they toss Beatrice in amongst heavy hitters... like we won't notice.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #439 on: November 22, 2022, 11:14:19 AM »
Expand Quote
I always find it so fucking weird that of all brands for Gonz to be tied closely to (that he doesn't own) Supreme seems to be the biggest. I can't imagine many people older than 25 wearing the clothes except for dudes that wait in line to buy shoes, and he's like double that old?
[close]

Full agree. It really annoys me how they basically exploit his legendary status by throwing his name amongst a roster of skaters 1/3 his age, then only having a couple goofy clips in their videos. I'm sure it's a nice paycheck, but I have a feeling Gonz doesn't really need it, what with his art career, Krooked, Adidas, etc.

Then, on the opposite spectrum, they toss Beatrice in amongst heavy hitters... like we won't notice.

I hear so many things about marks finances, from he's a multi millionaire to he lost everything to the IRS and had to borrow cash from friends. No idea what is true. I usually don't pocket watch but the financial status of aging pros is more interesting than the financial status of some 20-something.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #440 on: November 22, 2022, 11:46:11 AM »
his "art" is regularly featured in their drops, much like Adidas.  theyre doing more with him than "exploit his legendary status by throwing his name amongst a roster of skaters 1/3 his age", no more than Adidas

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #441 on: November 22, 2022, 11:57:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

calling Mark's affiliation with the brand "exploitation" is pretty ridiculous

he's been involved with the brand for 20+ years, has installations at 7 of their locations, has contributed art to more releases than could be counted, and consistently wears their clothes more than any of his other sponsors.

sounds like they have a pretty good relationship to me

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #442 on: November 22, 2022, 12:01:31 PM »
had to look it up out of curiosity. supremes net worth is 1 billion. adidas net worth is 26.04 billion.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #443 on: November 22, 2022, 12:07:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I hear so many things about marks finances, from he's a multi millionaire to he lost everything to the IRS and had to borrow cash from friends. No idea what is true. I usually don't pocket watch but the financial status of aging pros is more interesting than the financial status of some 20-something.
Jason Lee's talked before about getting fucked by not paying taxes. Wouldn't be surprised if gonz got the same treatment. It probably only really matters for those pros who got famous/went on to make much bigger amounts of money

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2238
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #444 on: November 22, 2022, 12:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

he's been involved with the brand for 20+ years, has installations at 7 of their locations, has contributed art to more releases than could be counted, and consistently wears their clothes more than any of his other sponsors.

Well I mean any type of work relationship where one party benefits more than the other (which is all work relationships) is explotation AM I RIGHT MY PROLETARIAT COMRADES?!

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #445 on: November 22, 2022, 12:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sorry. I just dislike Supreme and it clouds my opinion. It's hard for me to see Gonz dressed like a clown in Supreme clothing. It just looks silly to me.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #446 on: November 22, 2022, 01:03:38 PM »
I like seeing Gonz in all that colourful Supreme gear.

I picture him skating some random non spot in Manhattan, probably talking to his skateboard and falling all over the place while filming on his iPad and  some random hypebeasts walk past confused wondering why someone’s grandpa is dressed like that.

Mother Goose.

« Reply #447 on: November 22, 2022, 01:05:32 PM »
For variety of styles they should put Pat Burke on

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #448 on: November 22, 2022, 01:36:40 PM »
For variety of styles they should put Pat Burke on

Yes. Par Burke needs a check also I’d like to see more pat burke footage that we currently get

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 424
« Reply #449 on: November 22, 2022, 01:43:37 PM »
Took a quick pass at a logo redesign.

"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood