Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 165193 times)

Idk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #480 on: November 23, 2022, 07:33:18 AM »
Or you know like an accountant would do.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #481 on: November 23, 2022, 07:41:24 AM »
My buddies dad used to run a jewelry/collectibles pawn shop place in sf.  He said Gonz would come in looking for coins and would regularly fleece himself by purchasing a coin over asking price just because he liked how it "felt in his hand".  He said also that when it was time to pay, Gonz would just hand over a wad of cash and ask my buddies dad to count it out.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #482 on: November 23, 2022, 08:10:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone brought up the fact that Tyshawn comes off as a douche bag in his new Thrasher interview? I was shocked and bummed on that. Then the first thing I see this morning on Thrasher stories is him re-doing the picnic table ollie. He's lurking on here for sure.
[close]

No, it’s kinda frowned upon to mention that, but cool to rehash a decade old Koston IG comment or wry AO interview with Jenkem or when MJ once talked about bringing new ideas to adidas or whatever the fuck he said   

Just remember: the guy who thinks it’s lame when people make a big effort to go for SOTY has a King part and a Supreme part still to come this year.

Right! He was kinda all over the place. Jaded for sure. I wish I had the mag in front of me right now.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #483 on: November 23, 2022, 08:53:57 AM »
I'd love to read the thrasher interview if anybody has a scan ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #484 on: November 23, 2022, 09:13:10 AM »
Got some logo rebrands I’m rough-drafting

FOLLOWED

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #485 on: November 23, 2022, 10:03:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has anyone brought up the fact that Tyshawn comes off as a douche bag in his new Thrasher interview? I was shocked and bummed on that. Then the first thing I see this morning on Thrasher stories is him re-doing the picnic table ollie. He's lurking on here for sure.
[close]

No, it’s kinda frowned upon to mention that, but cool to rehash a decade old Koston IG comment or wry AO interview with Jenkem or when MJ once talked about bringing new ideas to adidas or whatever the fuck he said   

Just remember: the guy who thinks it’s lame when people make a big effort to go for SOTY has a King part and a Supreme part still to come this year.
[close]

Right! He was kinda all over the place. Jaded for sure. I wish I had the mag in front of me right now.

I was a little surprised by the hypocrisy of some of those comments in the interview.  I like Tyshawn but it seemed like a questionable stance on SOTY considering his current circumstances…

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #486 on: November 23, 2022, 10:11:25 AM »
Seems like nobody can make up their minds about anyone , “he’s cocky, he’s too humble, he’s too quiet”. Do we want everyone to be completely neutral and plain?

Anyone shows any sign of self confidence and people like yeah they’re an asshole.

1080isthebeststunt

• Rep: -30
« Reply #487 on: November 23, 2022, 10:24:26 AM »
every good person is either rad or chill you dont know that?

people from white middle class homes think anyone who isnt rad and chill and a humble dude is an asshole.
people that risked a lot in life and that have no safeness dont act rad and chill and humble.
they dont buy brown medium fitting chino pants and listen to their dads. some cant even if they would want to.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #488 on: November 23, 2022, 10:34:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Seems like nobody can make up their minds about anyone , “he’s cocky, he’s too humble, he’s too quiet”. Do we want everyone to be completely neutral and plain?

Anyone shows any sign of self confidence and people like yeah they’re an asshole.

It was more of his attitude like (again I don't have the mag in front of me) I skateboard. Its what I do but Its not who I am. But its my outlet. I don't watch skate videos. I don't care about SOTY. I don't skate with real skaters or my peers just regular people who don't skate that skate. I don't look up to pro because they my equals but I love Lizard King. Weird interview.  There was no confidence in that interview.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #489 on: November 23, 2022, 10:56:06 AM »
nah but fr is krod on volcom? thats a crazy one

free max b
FREE MAX B

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #490 on: November 23, 2022, 11:05:18 AM »

people from white middle class homes think anyone who isnt rad and chill and a humble dude is an asshole.
people that risked a lot in life and that have no safeness dont act rad and chill and humble.
they dont buy brown medium fitting chino pants and listen to their dads. some cant even if they would want to.

I don't know what authority you claim here, but your comment reads like you're stating facts.

I know plenty of people who have risked and been through more than most people will ever imagine and they're also quite humble.

Just because someone overcomes hardship doesn't give them carte blanche to be haughty.

Sometimes people think someone is an asshole simply because they're actually an asshole.

1080isthebeststunt

« Reply #491 on: November 23, 2022, 11:14:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't know what authority you claim here, but your comment reads like you're stating facts.

I know plenty of people who have risked and been through more than most people will ever imagine and they're also quite humble.

Just because someone overcomes hardship doesn't give them carte blanche to be haughty.

Sometimes people think someone is an asshole simply because they're actually an asshole.

TJ has self confident vibes but
theres a difference between self confident and being a cocky asshole
Id rather hang out with him than guys like that from One In A Million Ruben Barack ass motherfuckers which i imagine lots of people are. fake dickriding humbleness, needing hugs after tricks and everything is rad and the legends in the game need so much honor and being humble is so rad dude.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #492 on: November 23, 2022, 11:18:15 AM »
seriously though - who’s gonna post this interview

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #493 on: November 23, 2022, 11:24:15 AM »
Yo fuck Reuben Barrack All my homies hate Reuben Barrack /s
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #494 on: November 23, 2022, 11:58:18 AM »

I read the article and had the exact opposite impression.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #496 on: November 23, 2022, 12:31:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Is it the fault of the people from white middle class homes that the risky non-rad, non-chill, non-humble guys don't have dads? Like it's a shame and all but don't be mad at them, be mad at da nigga not paying child support.

Pretty sure he’s talking about deaf kids, or kids with mute dads, both notorious for having huge egos

1080isthebeststunt

« Reply #497 on: November 23, 2022, 12:41:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Is it the fault of the people from white middle class homes that the risky non-rad, non-chill, non-humble guys don't have dads? Like it's a shame and all but don't be mad at them, be mad at da nigga not paying child support.

are you black

1080isthebeststunt

« Reply #498 on: November 23, 2022, 12:46:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Pretty sure he’s talking about deaf kids, or kids with mute dads, both notorious for having huge egos

first post must have been urgent

rough family background and a successful start of your career and now 6 companies going needs some sort of self confidence i guess.

people will see him and say hes an asshole because he doesnt wear overwashed burgundy zip hoodies on his pineapple farm and plays bad guitar rifs like every white pro that ever existed and was such a humble rad and good dude

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: November 23, 2022, 12:55:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

rough family background and a successful start of your career and now 6 companies going needs some sort of self confidence i guess.

people will see him and say hes an asshole because he doesnt wear overwashed burgundy zip hoodies on his pineapple farm and plays bad guitar rifs like every white pro that ever existed and was such a humble rad and good dude

Yeah, white people, am I right?! All the same, with their humble radness and pineapple growing.  Makes be forget why they’re so bad sometimes, but then I remember exactly why I hate em…but I’m not gonna say. Positive vibes only!

1080isthebeststunt

« Reply #500 on: November 23, 2022, 01:02:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, white people, am I right?! All the same, with their humble radness and pineapple growing.  Makes be forget why they’re so bad sometimes, but then I remember exactly why I hate em…but I’m not gonna say. Positive vibes only!

i do sometimes hate my own race yes. at least im not guitar playing at a campfire in some janoskis idiot. and produly not a rad american dude so chill so humble so relaxed dude.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #501 on: November 23, 2022, 01:16:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i do sometimes hate my own race yes. at least im not playing at a campfire in some janoskis idiot. and produly not a rad american dude so chill so humble so relaxed dude.

Weird flex that you hate your (or any other) race.  But good recovery that you’re not a beach going musician “idiot”.  I was starting to think you might be unlikable.

vinithebr

• Rep: -20
« Reply #502 on: November 23, 2022, 01:19:23 PM »
What Tyshawn said about SOTY fights is super valid, no matter if he says he is going for it or not.

I don't really keep up with what's going on in videos because it's just so much now. It just drops so frequently that it's different. It's not like when I was a kid.
[...]
It could be my friend doing an ollie down a six stair on Instagram. That'll get me more hyped than a random dude doing a 50-50 on a 40-kink rail.

Cute and relatable.

I just look at skateboarding in a different way than the general skater
[...]
I'm multifaceted. I do a bunch of different things--I own businesses; I skateboard; I model; I do it all. I might fucking be in a movie one day.

Cringe.

1080isthebeststunt

« Reply #503 on: November 23, 2022, 01:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i do sometimes hate my own race yes. at least im not playing at a campfire in some janoskis idiot. and produly not a rad american dude so chill so humble so relaxed dude.
[close]

Weird flex that you hate your (or any other) race.  But good recovery that you’re not a beach going musician “idiot”.  I was starting to think you might be unlikable.

when was i flexing. its just something i do. i do think white people suck sometimes and have weird gimmicks that they dont even see like dressing as lumberjacks to look like real men. you made fun of me and i explained that:

kids from broken homes that become successfull early and dont have a father figure need some other type of believe in them selfs because they have to. middle class people will call them cocky disregarding their own nepotism and privilege of not having to stand up for themselves because they already have safeness around and a plan of life that worked out.
its not the only way you can turn out to in this situation. it just makes sense here and you either sympathize with people not being chill humble dudes all the time or you dont.
for me theres nothing i hate more than fake copy and paste humbleness
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 01:58:24 PM by 1080isthebeststunt »

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #504 on: November 23, 2022, 01:59:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

when was i flexing. its just something i do. i do think white people suck sometimes and have weird gimmicks that they dont even see like dressing as lumberjacks to look like real men. you made fun of me and i explained that:

kid from broken homes that become successfull early and dont have a father figure have some other type of believe in them selfs because they have to. most middle class people will call them cocky disregarding their own nepotism and privilege of not having to stand up for yourself because you already have safeness around and a plan planned out for you.

I can’t even keep up with all your generalizations.  Broken homes hardly have the market cornered on creating cockiness though.  And there is a difference between that and belief in yourself. 
Even if being cocky or an asshole were products of your upbringing, explained by the root of it doesn’t make it good.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #505 on: November 25, 2022, 02:59:40 PM »
Throwing it out there. I’m calling that Dashawn is gonna be on sometime in the coming year. Toy never posts him on their Insta. He’s a god damn star and he deserves max coverage and pay check.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #506 on: November 25, 2022, 03:32:05 PM »
Throwing it out there. I’m calling that Dashawn is gonna be on sometime in the coming year. Toy never posts him on their Insta. He’s a god damn star and he deserves max coverage and pay check.

Robert Neal would make more sense (for baseless speculation) since he occupies Nakel peer group.   Does Dashawn even skate with any of them?

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #507 on: November 25, 2022, 04:05:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Robert Neal would make more sense (for baseless speculation) since he occupies Nakel peer group.   Does Dashawn even skate with any of them?

Heavy Dashawn background props in Tyshawn’s last part.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #508 on: December 03, 2022, 05:34:00 AM »

First graphic looks pretty dope. If they continue with art like this. I’ll eat my words of whatever i said and probably cop.

Except the crown logo still sucks. But it makes me think it was easy to make and stencil on boards and not a reflection of future graphics

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #509 on: December 03, 2022, 06:30:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Heavy Dashawn background props in Tyshawn’s last part.

Dashawn and toy was a weird fit to me. It’s just that Toy is a brand anyone would want to ride for and Dashawn is a skater anyone would want on their team. Now Hoban sort Fills that spot as a contest skater whose joy division shirt came from a vintage store instead of target
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 10:12:29 AM by TwisT »