Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 165119 times)

shockpadsandwristguards and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

LebowskisRug

Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #510 on: December 03, 2022, 07:56:47 AM »
First graphic is just TJ googling "richest person of all time" and finding a non-protected image to slap on a board. There isn't much more symbolism to Mansa Musa. Dude had 500 slaves with him on his pilgrimage to Mecca, but TJ probably didn't actually read much about him just wanted to remind everyone that his whole goal is material wealth.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #511 on: December 03, 2022, 09:11:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Throwing it out there. I’m calling that Dashawn is gonna be on sometime in the coming year. Toy never posts him on their Insta. He’s a god damn star and he deserves max coverage and pay check.
[close]

Robert Neal would make more sense (for baseless speculation) since he occupies Nakel peer group.   Does Dashawn even skate with any of them?
[close]

Heavy Dashawn background props in Tyshawn’s last part.
[close]

Dashawn and toy was a weird fit to me. It’s just that Toy is a brand anyone would want to ride for and Dashawn is a skater anyone would want on their team. Now Hoban sort Fills that spot as a contest skater whose joy division shirt didn’t came from a vintage store instead of target

No one really seems to want Dashawn on their team for whatever reason.   He was stuck with some Berries brands or whatever for a bit then slumming it on MJs brand before finally getting a legit sponsor with Toy Machine, which likely was due to Sinclair’s help for a Nike rider

Welpok

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #512 on: December 03, 2022, 12:15:53 PM »

What do you all think?
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #513 on: December 03, 2022, 12:43:24 PM »
First graphic is just TJ googling "richest person of all time" and finding a non-protected image to slap on a board. There isn't much more symbolism to Mansa Musa. Dude had 500 slaves with him on his pilgrimage to Mecca, but TJ probably didn't actually read much about him just wanted to remind everyone that his whole goal is material wealth.

what an absurd thing to assume about a complete stranger

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #514 on: December 03, 2022, 12:56:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the other possibility is that tj DID read about him and thought it was cool that he was just a rich slave owner, i guess...
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #515 on: December 03, 2022, 01:02:07 PM »

What do you all think?

damn you'd think TJ and nak were natas and gonz with how influential they seem to think they are

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #516 on: December 03, 2022, 01:40:37 PM »
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

damn you'd think TJ and nak were natas and gonz with how influential they seem to think they are
Guess they only had one bowl and had to take turns for their noodles. Naturally I think he means suciu when he talks about make multiple parts but make sure they're all good but sucius parts were all good so who else could it be? Can't think of anyone dumping multiple throw away parts thinking they'll get soty for it.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #517 on: December 03, 2022, 05:10:18 PM »
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

they’re more influential than gonz was at 23 so i mean

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #518 on: December 03, 2022, 05:24:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

[close]
This is a bad take. Video Days came out when Gonz was roughly 23/24. Natas had also already started 101 by that time too.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

switchfakie

« Reply #519 on: December 03, 2022, 06:33:51 PM »

What do you all think?

Could give negative fucks about their history or their personality

I just want to be inspired by some good skating

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #520 on: December 03, 2022, 06:38:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

[close]

You are absolutely tripping, my G
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #521 on: December 03, 2022, 06:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

[close]
[close]

not at all. I love gonz but let’s be real

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #522 on: December 03, 2022, 07:31:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

You are ignoring context, a lot like all the people here who've been hinting at or flat out equating the characteristics of slavery within the Transatlantic Slave Trade of the new world and slavery in 14th century Africa (before anyone flips out, it is absolutely my opinion that neither are good, but they were different and Mansa Musa on a skateboard is not the same as the confederate flag on a skateboard). Gonz and Natas had major influence on the definition of what skateboarding was and the shape it eventually took. TJ is definitely influential and has taken flip tricks to new heights/distances. He's cemented himself while being unapologetically himself and blazed a trail for lots of others. However, he isn't reinventing the entire game, and he wouldn't have certain boundaries to push if early street skaters didn't create them.

Nak is not even part of this discussion.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 07:49:48 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #523 on: December 03, 2022, 08:52:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

You are ignoring context, a lot like all the people here who've been hinting at or flat out equating the characteristics of slavery within the Transatlantic Slave Trade of the new world and slavery in 14th century Africa (before anyone flips out, it is absolutely my opinion that neither are good, but they were different and Mansa Musa on a skateboard is not the same as the confederate flag on a skateboard). Gonz and Natas had major influence on the definition of what skateboarding was and the shape it eventually took. TJ is definitely influential and has taken flip tricks to new heights/distances. He's cemented himself while being unapologetically himself and blazed a trail for lots of others. However, he isn't reinventing the entire game, and he wouldn't have certain boundaries to push if early street skaters didn't create them.

What are you implying? That slavery in 14th century africa was better than slavery in colonial USA?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #524 on: December 03, 2022, 08:57:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

blah blah blah it’s not that deep. If tyshawn looked that far into it he wouldn’t have used it. Keep reaching, we’re about to grab each others hands

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #525 on: December 03, 2022, 09:09:46 PM »
@modern life is war I said they were different in my post, and I went out of my way to make it clear that i think slavery is never good, but here is this for you to read and decide for yourself.

In contrast to the chattel slavery that later developed in the New World, an enslaved person in West and Central Africa lived within a more flexible kinship group system. Anyone considered a slave in this region before the trans-Atlantic trade had a greater chance of becoming free within a lifetime; legal rights were generally not defined by racial categories; and an enslaved person was not always permanently separated from biological family networks or familiar home landscapes...

...Ultimately, the practice of slavery as an oppressive and exploitative labor system was prevalent in both Western Africa and the Americas long before the influence of Europeans. Still, the factors that defined the social, political, and economic purposes and scale of slavery significantly changed, expanded, and intensified with the rise of the trans-Atlantic slave trade and American plantation agriculture launched by European expansion. For these reasons, African and American Indian slavery before the trans-Atlantic trade differed significantly from the chattel slavery systems that would later develop in the Atlantic World.

Source: https://ldhi.library.cofc.edu/exhibits/show/africanpassageslowcountryadapt/introductionatlanticworld/slaverybeforetrade

There are plenty of other accounts that support this and you can look em up yourself, I had to pay for a college education to learn it and I'm not getting paid to teach you.

@versacekid420 insightful as always homie. You post the biggest reach ever recorded and deflect when called on your bullshit.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #526 on: December 03, 2022, 09:11:33 PM »
@modern life is war I said they were different in my post, and I went out of my way to make it clear that slavery is never good, but here is this for you to read and decide for yourself.

Expand Quote
In contrast to the chattel slavery that later developed in the New World, an enslaved person in West and Central Africa lived within a more flexible kinship group system. Anyone considered a slave in this region before the trans-Atlantic trade had a greater chance of becoming free within a lifetime; legal rights were generally not defined by racial categories; and an enslaved person was not always permanently separated from biological family networks or familiar home landscapes...

...Ultimately, the practice of slavery as an oppressive and exploitative labor system was prevalent in both Western Africa and the Americas long before the influence of Europeans. Still, the factors that defined the social, political, and economic purposes and scale of slavery significantly changed, expanded, and intensified with the rise of the trans-Atlantic slave trade and American plantation agriculture launched by European expansion. For these reasons, African and American Indian slavery before the trans-Atlantic trade differed significantly from the chattel slavery systems that would later develop in the Atlantic World.
[close]

Source: https://ldhi.library.cofc.edu/exhibits/show/africanpassageslowcountryadapt/introductionatlanticworld/slaverybeforetrade

There are plenty of other accounts that support this and you can look em up yourself, I had to pay for a college education to learn it and I'm not getting paid to teach you.

@versacekid420 insightful as always homie. You post the biggest reach ever recorded and deflect when called on your bullshit.
please post my “reach” big daddy. I don’t deflect anything I’m always straight forward

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #527 on: December 03, 2022, 09:19:11 PM »
@modern life is war I said they were different in my post, and I went out of my way to make it clear that i think slavery is never good, but here is this for you to read and decide for yourself.

Expand Quote

[close]

your original post was vague as fuck but carried the implication that african slavery was 'not as bad' or 'better', i asked you to clarify and you still don't even have the balls to say what you think. good job getting a degree and separating yourself from the unwashed masses you kook

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #528 on: December 03, 2022, 09:19:54 PM »
@versacekid420 Reach is bolded, the response already proving how far of a reach it is italicized.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

[close]
[close]
This is a bad take. Video Days came out when Gonz was roughly 23/24. Natas had also already started 101 by that time too.
If you aren't deflecting, then please actually tell us what you mean when you say "more influential."

The only ground I see that standing on is the fact that TJ has influenced more kids and the way they dress because they can pick up a cell phone and see his skating and how sick it is. That's a far cry from having a greater influence on skateboarding than Gonz, Natas, and other early street dudes did.

Edit: @modern life is war dude I said it twice now, plain as day. You're trying to bait me into sounding like I'm apologizing for one form of slavery when all I'm trying to do is point out that it's unfair to get online and say a black man in 2022 supports slavery because he put a prominent black figure from the 1300's on a skateboard. It's especially fucked to do so because most of us have American slavery called to mind when we hear a statement like that, a form of slavery which specifically deemed black people as racially inferior.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 09:27:45 PM by Urtripping »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #529 on: December 03, 2022, 09:23:30 PM »
@versacekid420 Reach is bolded, the response already proving how far of a reach it is italicized.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
If you aren't deflecting, then please actually tell us what you mean when you say "more influential."

The only ground I see that standing on is the fact that TJ has influenced more kids and the way they dress because they can pick up a cell phone and see his skating and how sick it is. That's a far cry from having a greater influence on skateboarding than Gonz, Natas, and other early street dudes did.
im talking about gonz not natas which makes no difference because I still stand by what I said. And what I meant was from how big of an audience he has reached. Also like I said in the other thread, I’m drunk don’t mind me.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #530 on: December 03, 2022, 10:12:09 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What do you all think?
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
im talking about gonz not natas which makes no difference because I still stand by what I said. And what I meant was from how big of an audience he has reached. Also like I said in the other thread, I’m drunk don’t mind me.

Gonz and natas were more influential bc they basically invented modern street skating.   It would take a lot to out do that

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #531 on: December 04, 2022, 02:06:22 AM »
imagine Ben K on King since he is TJ's fav skater

veritas

« Reply #532 on: December 04, 2022, 02:51:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Some of you wake up overthinking looking to be "offended" by

Lets judge someone for using the historical image of a historical figure from 700 years ago who doesn't to live up to the moral standards of today. How do you think people got rich throughout history up until 150 years ago, by giving out socks to the guy at Hertz? War and conquest have always been a part of history, up until today where you can get rich off doritos collaborations and finger popping your bootyhole on onlyfans instead.

vinithebr

• Rep: -20
« Reply #533 on: December 04, 2022, 05:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Some of you wake up overthinking looking to be "offended" by

Lets judge someone for using the historical image of a historical figure from 700 years ago who doesn't to live up to the moral standards of today. How do you think people got rich throughout history up until 150 years ago, by giving out socks to the guy at Hertz? War and conquest have always been a part of history, up until today where you can get rich off doritos collaborations and finger popping your bootyhole on onlyfans instead.

Bravo, but to be honest if one thing gave @LebowskisRug 's comment* some merit is how people don't seem to give as much of a fuck to arguments like yours when it comes to white figures of the past. See statues being torn down etc.

I know barely anything about this stuff I'm just trying to sound intelligent.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 06:08:07 AM by vinithebr »

Eastsidelunatic

• Rep: 1
« Reply #534 on: December 04, 2022, 09:29:26 AM »
Nakel intentionally caused harm to Lottie’s Skateshop. One of their employees was special needs who got assaulted and forced to take a Lottie’s sweatshirt off while he was out walking by himself because Nakel told them to. How does this sit well with anyone? How does he even have a single sponsorship? Go on YouTube and type in “nakel Lottie’s” and you will see a video of Nakel telling people to “rip Lottie’s clothing off people’s backs”. How is this ok? Someone explain to me how you could still support this person?
I spent a lot of time at Lottie’s and loved that shop and all they did. They never deserved their outcome, yet adidas still sponsors nakel, so does Thunder and others. Wtf?
I spoke directly to Mike who owned Lottie’s and I tried to get him to publicly speak on this but he won’t. I respect that. He did offer to talk to nakel or fight the guy, and of course nakel wouldn’t do either. He just sent his half a million Instagram followers against them.

Shuh

• Rep: 3
« Reply #535 on: December 04, 2022, 09:39:55 AM »
Nakel intentionally caused harm to Lottie’s Skateshop. One of their employees was special needs who got assaulted and forced to take a Lottie’s sweatshirt off while he was out walking by himself because Nakel told them to. How does this sit well with anyone? How does he even have a single sponsorship? Go on YouTube and type in “nakel Lottie’s” and you will see a video of Nakel telling people to “rip Lottie’s clothing off people’s backs”. How is this ok? Someone explain to me how you could still support this person?
I spent a lot of time at Lottie’s and loved that shop and all they did. They never deserved their outcome, yet adidas still sponsors nakel, so does Thunder and others. Wtf?
I spoke directly to Mike who owned Lottie’s and I tried to get him to publicly speak on this but he won’t. I respect that. He did offer to talk to nakel or fight the guy, and of course nakel wouldn’t do either. He just sent his half a million Instagram followers against them.

What was Nakels reason to do such a thing towards Lotties?

Eastsidelunatic

« Reply #536 on: December 04, 2022, 09:48:04 AM »
Nakels friend came into Lottie’s and told them to regrip his board that had dog shit all over it, all while he was rolling a blunt. There were other customers in the store, mike told the kid no, and also asked him to take the weed outside. The kid was offended, then went and told Nakel that Lottie’s disrespected him. That started the problems, but not long after that, a kid who hung out at Lottie’s got beat up at the local skatepark really badly. Lottie’s then made a Instagram story just saying “hey locals, be careful at Rancho skatepark, kids have been getting robbed there” and since that skatepark is where Nakel grew up skating, he decided to take offense. None of it was rational at all. That’s when Nak when to Instagram and told his 500k followers to fuck up anyone wearing Lottie’s. In one of his god awful rap songs, he even brags about what he did, saying “yeah I shut your shop down”. Biggest asshole in skating and should never have a platform again.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #537 on: December 04, 2022, 09:52:22 AM »
Nakels friend came into Lottie’s and told them to regrip his board that had dog shit all over it, all while he was rolling a blunt. There were other customers in the store, mike told the kid no, and also asked him to take the weed outside. The kid was offended, then went and told Nakel that Lottie’s disrespected him. That started the problems, but not long after that, a kid who hung out at Lottie’s got beat up at the local skatepark really badly. Lottie’s then made a Instagram story just saying “hey locals, be careful at Rancho skatepark, kids have been getting robbed there” and since that skatepark is where Nakel grew up skating, he decided to take offense. None of it was rational at all. That’s when Nak when to Instagram and told his 500k followers to fuck up anyone wearing Lottie’s. In one of his god awful rap songs, he even brags about what he did, saying “yeah I shut your shop down”. Biggest asshole in skating and should never have a platform again.

Go complain to his sponsors directly then, ranting on here and raising your blood pressure aint gonna change anything.

Eastsidelunatic

« Reply #538 on: December 04, 2022, 09:56:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Go complain to his sponsors directly then, ranting on here and raising your blood pressure aint gonna change anything.

I would if I knew how, but also, isn’t that what Slap is? A place where I can raise my blood pressure?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #539 on: December 04, 2022, 10:02:54 AM »
Graphic is more inspired than I was expecting given the logo.
Tyshawn is cool. I liked his explanation on doing tricks at iconic spots instead of just filming. Nak is still lame but fuck it tj loyal to his homies . I think they’ll be fine as a brand.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.