Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 165084 times)

somedudefromnj (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Shuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #540 on: December 04, 2022, 10:15:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nakels friend came into Lottie’s and told them to regrip his board that had dog shit all over it, all while he was rolling a blunt. There were other customers in the store, mike told the kid no, and also asked him to take the weed outside. The kid was offended, then went and told Nakel that Lottie’s disrespected him. That started the problems, but not long after that, a kid who hung out at Lottie’s got beat up at the local skatepark really badly. Lottie’s then made a Instagram story just saying “hey locals, be careful at Rancho skatepark, kids have been getting robbed there” and since that skatepark is where Nakel grew up skating, he decided to take offense. None of it was rational at all. That’s when Nak when to Instagram and told his 500k followers to fuck up anyone wearing Lottie’s. In one of his god awful rap songs, he even brags about what he did, saying “yeah I shut your shop down”. Biggest asshole in skating and should never have a platform again.
[close]

Go complain to his sponsors directly then, ranting on here and raising your blood pressure aint gonna change anything.
[close]

I would if I knew how, but also, isn’t that what Slap is? A place where I can raise my blood pressure?

I remember when slap crusaded against Daryl, Jason Jesse and having having an effect. So those days are gone?

Eastsidelunatic

• Rep: 1
« Reply #541 on: December 04, 2022, 10:19:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nakels friend came into Lottie’s and told them to regrip his board that had dog shit all over it, all while he was rolling a blunt. There were other customers in the store, mike told the kid no, and also asked him to take the weed outside. The kid was offended, then went and told Nakel that Lottie’s disrespected him. That started the problems, but not long after that, a kid who hung out at Lottie’s got beat up at the local skatepark really badly. Lottie’s then made a Instagram story just saying “hey locals, be careful at Rancho skatepark, kids have been getting robbed there” and since that skatepark is where Nakel grew up skating, he decided to take offense. None of it was rational at all. That’s when Nak when to Instagram and told his 500k followers to fuck up anyone wearing Lottie’s. In one of his god awful rap songs, he even brags about what he did, saying “yeah I shut your shop down”. Biggest asshole in skating and should never have a platform again.
[close]

Go complain to his sponsors directly then, ranting on here and raising your blood pressure aint gonna change anything.
[close]

I would if I knew how, but also, isn’t that what Slap is? A place where I can raise my blood pressure?
[close]

I remember when slap crusaded against Daryl, Jason Jesse and having having an effect. So those days are gone?

Yeah this is what I’m hoping for. Nakel got a special needs person assaulted and terrified. He caused a core shop to close their doors, and caused other young kids to get hurt. Is that not enough for someone to get booted from their sponsors?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #542 on: December 04, 2022, 10:20:14 AM »
War and conquest have always been a part of history, up until today where you can get rich off doritos collaborations and finger popping your bootyhole on onlyfans instead.
Funny to me that these two financial models briefly intersected in an idabble video (before it was removed) where Maxham asks Alfred to explain the IC debacle to his viewing public.
What a time to be alive!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #543 on: December 04, 2022, 10:42:15 AM »

Stop dude. You’ve shared this story on numerous occasions with different accounts. There’s no debate that Nak was being a dick, but nobody believes that what happened is as one sided as your version.

Eastsidelunatic

« Reply #544 on: December 04, 2022, 10:45:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stop dude. You’ve shared this story on numerous occasions with different accounts. There’s no debate that Nak was being a dick, but nobody believes that what happened is as one sided as your version.
This is the first time I’ve ever posted haha. Lurked a while, never posted before this. Also, if you bothered to ask around, this is not a one sided account. This shit actually happened. I’m not stating opinions as much as I’m stating facts of what occurred.

Eastsidelunatic

« Reply #545 on: December 04, 2022, 10:47:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This is the first time I’ve ever posted haha. Lurked a while, never posted before this. Also, if you bothered to ask around, this is not a one sided account. This shit actually happened. I’m not stating opinions as much as I’m stating facts of what occurred.

Also why are you responding with that type of shit? You a Lottie’s hater or a nakel fan boy? Or you think it’s ok for special needs people to be assaulted. No matter which way you cut it you’re wrong

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #546 on: December 04, 2022, 11:01:11 AM »
@Eastsidelunatic Okay, so explain why he isn’t persona non grata for single handedly shutting a skate shop down? How come other pros haven’t called him out on it? How come this wasn’t the rebuttal to all the times he was being vocal about some of the racism he experienced in the industry? More popular people have been kooked out of sponsors for less.

Also calling me a Nak fanboy is a weak deflection. You can just look at my post history and see how little I talk about him. Just the story that you shared has been consistent with similar stories from people with low post counts, and the story seems to only  circulate on Slap and nowhere else so it comes off as cap.

Eastsidelunatic

« Reply #547 on: December 04, 2022, 11:11:16 AM »
@Eastsidelunatic Okay, so explain why he isn’t persona non grata for single handedly shutting a skate shop down? How come other pros haven’t called him out on it? How come this wasn’t the rebuttal to all the times he was being vocal about some of the racism he experienced in the industry? More popular people have been kooked out of sponsors for less.

Also calling me a Nak fanboy is a weak deflection. You can just look at my post history and see how little I talk about him. Just the story that you shared has been consistent with similar stories from people with low post counts, and the story seems to only  circulate on Slap and nowhere else so it comes off as cap.
“Comes off as cap” lol you are definitely a nakel fan. I think the reason you don’t hear more of this outside of slap is that no one wants to be on Nakels radar. He is clearly mentally deranged and anyone who ends up in his cross hairs gets called racist, so people get scared.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #548 on: December 04, 2022, 11:11:20 AM »
I mean Nak is basically Who Kid 2022 at this point. In that For Days video, he was dick riding TJ pretty hard for someone who is supposed to be a peer. Pretty sure Nak is radioactive as he was quietly cut from Supreme and when TJ said he was quitting FA, Nak asked 'Where are WE going?" Finally, the crossed out FA tat -- if every high profile business relationship you've ever had (IC, FA, etc.) ends in a beef, maybe you're the problem.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #549 on: December 04, 2022, 11:58:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
“Comes off as cap” lol you are definitely a nakel fan. I think the reason you don’t hear more of this outside of slap is that no one wants to be on Nakels radar. He is clearly mentally deranged and anyone who ends up in his cross hairs gets called racist, so people get scared.

Cool, your version of the story is 100% true and unbiased. You’re saying that people in the industry are scared to call out Nakel (a mid tier pro who hasn’t put out stuff in years) because of a fear that he would…call them racist? But I’m a fanboy for thinking that sounds fucking stupid.

Eastsidelunatic

« Reply #550 on: December 04, 2022, 12:04:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Cool, your version of the story is 100% true and unbiased. You’re saying that people in the industry are scared to call out Nakel (a mid tier pro who hasn’t put out stuff in years) because of a fear that he would…call them racist? But I’m a fanboy for thinking that sounds fucking stupid.

How about this. Ask anyone who was remotely close to the shop or incident if what I’m saying is true. Literally anyone. It’s a fact that Nakel told people to hurt Lottie’s locals. Again, there is video proof on YouTube. How could my take be biased when there’s footage of nakel doing just that.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #551 on: December 04, 2022, 12:36:26 PM »
Well of course someone who is close to the shop is going to paint the story in a way you’ve described it. The same way Nakel’s crew will downplay the situation to make him look favorable.

I’m just saying for me to believe that this story is simply, “crazy Nakel sic’d his goons on Lotties employees because the doo-doo griptape weed man felt disrespected” requires a lot. Especially when most of the situation is a big he said she said, and that he is still somehow backed by DLX and Adidas.

Edit: had to fix some autocorrect bs.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 12:45:39 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #552 on: December 04, 2022, 12:37:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Sure, but you’re cherry picking from them.
For example, you totally left out the part where Mike wouldn’t let Nak’s homies pet the shop dog.
I don’t know about you, but where I come from, that’s the kinda offense that’ll get you shanked. ;)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Eastsidelunatic

« Reply #553 on: December 04, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »
Well of course someone is who is close to the shop is going to paint the story in a way you’re described it. The same way Nakel’s crew will downplay the situation to make him look favorable.

I’m just saying for me to believe that this story is simply, “crazy Nakel sic’d his goons on Lotties employees because the doo-doo griptape weed man felt disrespected” requires a lot. Especially when most of the situation is a big he said she said, and that he is still somehow backed by DLX and Adidas.
I agree with you to an extent, that the shit on grip tape story is hard to believe, but nakel and his friends are truly that petty. They are in fact Pettier than you could even imagine.
Dlx probably backs him because Jim Thiebaud for some reason backs some of the worst people on planet earth. Adidas I can’t say. My guess is that his time there won’t last for long

cky enthusiast

« Reply #554 on: December 04, 2022, 01:34:03 PM »
maybe if you had a more convincing username, like east side sane person, i’d believe you

Eastsidelunatic

« Reply #555 on: December 04, 2022, 01:38:23 PM »
maybe if you had a more convincing username, like east side sane person, i’d believe you

Say what you want, the fact is a Special needs person was assaulted because of Nakels actions. Go ahead and back him and his new King skates if you want, but getting someone assaulted who had nothing to do with your problems and someone who can’t defend themselves is down right evil.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #556 on: December 04, 2022, 02:15:20 PM »
For example, you totally left out the part where Mike wouldn’t let Nak’s homies pet the shop dog.
As a dog owner I honestly really don't see anything problematic with this. You don't need to let strangers pet your dog.

It this the video?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #557 on: December 04, 2022, 03:14:24 PM »
So the launch of this company is based purely around Tyshawn's SOTY push? 2 boards and a 2 minute video? No real introduction to a team, no boards available in shops, I don't know, maybe because I think Limosine's roll out was so successful and almost set a blueprint for all new companies in a sense, this just feels like a letdown.

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
« Reply #558 on: December 04, 2022, 05:01:04 PM »
Seems like this is only TJs brand. After the "for days" interview where Nak recounts how TJ said he was leaving FA and Nak chimes in and says "where we going? Sounds like TJ was gonna do this with out Nak, and Nak decided to join TJs new project. Then the brand drops with a board and video with only TJ. If I was Nak and part owner of the project I would want my board to drop and have clips in the first offerings.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #559 on: December 04, 2022, 05:31:50 PM »
Seems like this is only TJs brand. After the "for days" interview where Nak recounts how TJ said he was leaving FA and Nak chimes in and says "where we going? Sounds like TJ was gonna do this with out Nak, and Nak decided to join TJs new project. Then the brand drops with a board and video with only TJ. If I was Nak and part owner of the project I would want my board to drop and have clips in the first offerings.
I feel you but at the same time I’m sure he understands. He wants his best friend to get soty again and I’m sure he knows he has nothing to offer to that, if anything it’d take away. He has a 1 minute (lol) “part” coming out soon anyway.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #560 on: December 04, 2022, 05:34:19 PM »
I reckon Naks happy to let TJ take the lead as it's obviously his thing, and a bit of a SOTY push.  TJ is pretty ambitious too so I dont think he would have minced words about letting him take the lane for the launch / soty window, but it def seems rushed and undercooked.  I reckon Nak will have a short part in Jan.  Hope it doesn't just vapourise when he realises how much work it is, like most of these vanity projects.

s0sa

• Rep: 9
« Reply #561 on: December 05, 2022, 11:02:23 AM »
in a alternate reality tyshawn gets on hardbody after leaving FA and it turns into the sickest brand out of NY with antonio durao there instead of skate mental

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 404
« Reply #562 on: December 05, 2022, 12:21:37 PM »
in a alternate reality tyshawn gets on hardbody after leaving FA and it turns into the sickest brand out of NY with antonio durao there instead of skate mental

this is an alternate reality I would like to live in.

IpathCats

« Reply #563 on: December 05, 2022, 12:25:29 PM »
Are any of you guys planning on buying these skateboards? Just curious.

Does anyone know what woodshop they use either?

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #564 on: December 05, 2022, 01:02:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

With Clive, too

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #565 on: December 05, 2022, 06:20:24 PM »

If they was on sale. Yes, contingent  If the art department was better and didn’t do the blatant copy paste. I wasn’t aware when I first saw the graphic. I was stoked it was gonna be like geared towards black history. I say that as an old white guy. But it would be a cool concept. Even though the first graphic got into heated debates on slap. If they would have an artist do a depiction on mansa musa and that would of been cool.

But I don’t think TJ is as great of a business guy as most of slap does. He needs to hire an artist and have a direction and I don’t think he does.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -331
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #566 on: December 05, 2022, 06:56:18 PM »
Oh wow another board brand…… yay I give it less than 3D or S33K.
Dueces Bitch's

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #567 on: December 05, 2022, 07:59:38 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone see they got a new logo?

still looks like shit, now in a completely different way!
[close]
I think that one’s kinda rad

I like that one too. I've painted pieces that use a similar idea at that fill.

Expand Quote
[close]

That too would have been sick af too.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #568 on: December 05, 2022, 08:04:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If they was on sale. Yes, contingent  If the art department was better and didn’t do the blatant copy paste. I wasn’t aware when I first saw the graphic. I was stoked it was gonna be like geared towards black history. I say that as an old white guy. But it would be a cool concept. Even though the first graphic got into heated debates on slap. If they would have an artist do a depiction on mansa musa and that would of been cool.

But I don’t think TJ is as great of a business guy as most of slap does. He needs to hire an artist and have a direction and I don’t think he does.

I don’t think he’s a great business guy.   He invested in/opened  a restaurant.  That’s like no-no #1

Drawcula

• Rep: -3
« Reply #569 on: December 05, 2022, 08:11:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don’t think he’s a great business guy.   He invested in/opened  a restaurant.  That’s like no-no #1

Restaurant is for his mother, she runs it.