Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 158437 times)

livin on a speyer

backside_reacharound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -197
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #661 on: January 23, 2023, 10:57:46 PM »
if their first video isn't called Tricknology it will be the fumble of all fumbles
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 01:43:53 AM by backside_reacharound »

Bill Salt

« Reply #662 on: January 23, 2023, 11:01:41 PM »
Some during the brainstorm for the brand's name came up with "Humble" but they finally chose KING.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #664 on: January 24, 2023, 12:34:22 AM »
Fuck it, black Israelite skateblords.

https://youtu.be/wJsKwcebyWE

Free max b

FREE MAX B

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #665 on: January 24, 2023, 12:36:41 AM »
I checked out the store and really ... this is it?
The much anticipated "KING SKATEBOARDS"?

So many cool things they could have done with this: First board of every rider should be them painted as an old king.

Future ideas:
- Famous old crowns series > painted
- dead pharaos (mummies) series in a "paper clippings" style.

They even could have gone the "hammer" route and print a realistic crown painting on the board, cut a small piece out of the wood and put a real (cheap plastic of course) gemstone in there ...

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #666 on: January 24, 2023, 12:50:32 AM »
The brand is shit so far but TJ's not stupid. After seeing the negative reception he'll probably try to turn it around by hiring an art department and people who actually know what they're doing. Putting out a sick video will definitely help the brand. Either way, I don't care if they succeed or not. I'm not a fan of any of these dudes and would never support them. Especially Nak.

Yeah he’s super smart!   He’s hiring an art department months AFTER the brand has started.   Let’s stop with the Elon-ification of Tyshawn here.   He’s s good skater, but many many good skaters have blown it trying to run a board brand.  This is just 3D all over again

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #667 on: January 24, 2023, 01:45:17 AM »
By what I've seen so far it seems like their whole thing is to just praise black people.

Read the link that's been posted above about 5 percent nation. They believe

"The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches the belief that Black people are the original people of the planet Earth and are therefore the fathers ("Gods") and mothers ("Earths") of civilization."

"The Nation teaches that the black man (Insofar as the Nation defines this race) is himself God, with the black race thus being a race of actual gods."

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #668 on: January 24, 2023, 02:31:31 AM »
A little shocking that King gets so much hate, but companies like Frog or All timers (who have equally if not worse graphics) get so much praise. I wonder what the difference is here...
L take

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #669 on: January 24, 2023, 04:25:55 AM »
Next graphic should be something with yakub  ::)

Don't really know how to feel about it. Sometimes I like the graphics from some christian board brands but don't support them, the same as scientology/ Berra backed brands.

I know I'm not the target group but those hotep afrocentrism kids getting all their education from TikTok vids and insta slides

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #670 on: January 24, 2023, 05:54:37 AM »
Naks dream is deferred once again

IpathCats

« Reply #671 on: January 24, 2023, 06:25:39 AM »
A little shocking that King gets so much hate, but companies like Frog or All timers (who have equally if not worse graphics) get so much praise. I wonder what the difference is here...

Nice reach, but frog is fucking dumb too. Check my post history if you need to. Go point out some actual racism you fucking dweeb, theres plenty of it. No need to fabricate it.

Fuck it, black Israelite skateblords.

https://youtu.be/wJsKwcebyWE

Free max b

Love Eric Andre. "HIS REAL NAME WAS L. RON HUYABEMBE!"

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #672 on: January 24, 2023, 06:26:08 AM »
By what I've seen so far it seems like their whole thing is to just praise black people.

"The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches the belief that Black people are the original people of the planet Earth and are therefore the fathers ("Gods") and mothers ("Earths") of civilization."

"The Nation teaches that the black man (Insofar as the Nation defines this race) is himself God, with the black race thus being a race of actual gods."

"Members of the group call themselves Allah's Five Percenters, which reflects the concept that ten percent of the people in the world are elites and their agents, who know the truth of existence and opt to keep ninety-five percent of the world in ignorance and under their controlling thumb; the remaining five percent are those who know the truth and are determined to enlighten the ninety-five percent."

"The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah the Father, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe."

Conflicting percentages   ;D

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #673 on: January 24, 2023, 07:16:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"Members of the group call themselves Allah's Five Percenters, which reflects the concept that ten percent of the people in the world are elites and their agents, who know the truth of existence and opt to keep ninety-five percent of the world in ignorance and under their controlling the remaining five percent are those who know the truth and are determined to enlighten the ninety-five percent."

"The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah the Father, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe."

Conflicting percentages   ;D
real kings don’t need mathematical accuracy  ;D

Corny shit as expected. Also lol at na kel pop shoving a spot Tyshawn already tre flipped. Pains me to say because I love a good pop shove and wish more people did them

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

ejazzle

• Rep: 62
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #674 on: January 24, 2023, 07:17:47 AM »

Free Whirl

• Rep: 3
« Reply #675 on: January 24, 2023, 09:21:13 AM »
i wonder if they will ever do a graphic on the sons of Ham since they are going this route

Mother Goose.

« Reply #676 on: January 24, 2023, 09:25:37 AM »
King Dr. board Chicago homage

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #677 on: January 24, 2023, 10:27:45 AM »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #678 on: January 24, 2023, 10:49:56 AM »
Id like some straight up corner store/gas station/bodega vibes. like maybe a black & mild wrap but it says black & strong instead? pen & pixel style covers (https://www.penandpixelcovers.com/ ) , some blunt wrap knock offs, dollar store vibes. Interspersed with some gold foil decadent stuff. Lean into the cheesy shit with the tongue firmly planted in the cheek and do it while looking good.

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #679 on: January 24, 2023, 10:52:05 AM »
Id like some straight up corner store/gas station/bodega vibes. like maybe a black & mild wrap but it says black & strong instead? pen & pixel style covers (https://www.penandpixelcovers.com/ ) , some blunt wrap knock offs, dollar store vibes. Interspersed with some gold foil decadent stuff. Lean into the cheesy shit with the tongue firmly planted in the cheek and do it while looking good.

So, Shake Junt?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

cky enthusiast

« Reply #680 on: January 24, 2023, 12:35:16 PM »
all they did was add nakel’s name to the 5 percenter logo and you goofballs are hooting and hollering like they gave a guest model to farrakhan or something

IpathCats

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #682 on: January 24, 2023, 12:46:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So, Shake Junt?

So, DGK?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #683 on: January 24, 2023, 01:04:13 PM »
Maybe they could lean into the Black Book Store aesthetic and have like POC romance novel covers? Sorta like Lichenstein or the Why Can't My Boyfriend Skate? graphic but with some modern flourishes.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #684 on: January 24, 2023, 01:23:21 PM »
all they did was add nakel’s name to the 5 percenter logo and you goofballs are hooting and hollering like they gave a guest model to farrakhan or something

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 127
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #685 on: January 24, 2023, 03:44:14 PM »

Haha that leather nun song rules

I give “King” 2 years tops.  Really bleak product.

Yeah, definitely Leather Nun’s best, along with “Slow Death.” It’s a really fun one to play on my night.

Possession is an all-time Polish Arthouse Horror/Cult classic. Always admired your thumbnail/profile nod.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Welpok

• Rep: 11
« Reply #686 on: January 24, 2023, 06:40:32 PM »
https://youtu.be/hYAuR5bkIlQ
This is probably how they think when making graphics
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #687 on: January 24, 2023, 06:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote
The brand is shit so far but TJ's not stupid. After seeing the negative reception he'll probably try to turn it around by hiring an art department and people who actually know what they're doing. Putting out a sick video will definitely help the brand. Either way, I don't care if they succeed or not. I'm not a fan of any of these dudes and would never support them. Especially Nak.
[close]

I think they will just see all the fire emojis on Instagram and think they’re doing everything right and “shaking up the industry.” Critical self-reflection seems a bridge too far.

Stealing Mikey Alfred’s gimmick

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2591
« Reply #688 on: January 24, 2023, 06:45:22 PM »
This is probably how they are. No lie.

You think that the current SOTY, who's in his mid-20s and living in NYC, is out of touch with skateboarding?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #689 on: January 24, 2023, 06:50:14 PM »
Expand Quote
This is probably how they are. No lie.
[close]

You think that the current SOTY, who's in his mid-20s and living in NYC, is out of touch with skateboarding?

Can’t tell if this is sarcastic or not but my sentiment is who gives a shit about graphics, support them and cop a board