Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 165115 times)

shockpadsandwristguards and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #750 on: January 26, 2023, 12:01:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
By what I've seen so far it seems like their whole thing is to just praise black people.

Read the link that's been posted above about 5 percent nation. They believe

"The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches the belief that Black people are the original people of the planet Earth and are therefore the fathers ("Gods") and mothers ("Earths") of civilization."

"The Nation teaches that the black man (Insofar as the Nation defines this race) is himself God, with the black race thus being a race of actual gods."
[close]

"Members of the group call themselves Allah's Five Percenters, which reflects the concept that ten percent of the people in the world are elites and their agents, who know the truth of existence and opt to keep ninety-five percent of the world in ignorance and under their controlling thumb; the remaining five percent are those who know the truth and are determined to enlighten the ninety-five percent."

"The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah the Father, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe."

Conflicting percentages   ;D
[close]

Why would you copy and paste and change eighty-five to ninety-five? What a weird route to be a dickhead. The original link does not have ninety-five percent listed. I'm not defending any belief system here, but you took a stretch and I'm calling you out on it.
[close]
Interesting catch but 95% with 10% chosen is what the Wikipedia page said as of Monday night. I know this because the iffy math was called out on Gifted Hater's twitch stream before any of the 5 percenter stuff was posted in this thread. I assumed the increase to 95% was an olive branch to try interest other cultures in getting involved. This is the problem with Wikipedia as a resource as I suspect it was edited and then edited back to show the correct values.
[close]

Nice to see we are all reading the same Wiki lol We are now all experts on the subject. Should have just went with the thrusting fist graphic with a simple Nak printed under it.

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #751 on: January 26, 2023, 12:06:22 PM »

"This page was last edited on 25 January 2023, at 23:51 (UTC)."

Racism tries to stay invisible
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #752 on: January 26, 2023, 12:18:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
By what I've seen so far it seems like their whole thing is to just praise black people.

"The Nation of Gods and Earths teaches the belief that Black people are the original people of the planet Earth and are therefore the fathers ("Gods") and mothers ("Earths") of civilization."

"The Nation teaches that the black man (Insofar as the Nation defines this race) is himself God, with the black race thus being a race of actual gods."
[close]

"Members of the group call themselves Allah's Five Percenters, which reflects the concept that ten percent of the people in the world are elites and their agents, who know the truth of existence and opt to keep ninety-five percent of the world in ignorance and under their controlling thumb; the remaining five percent are those who know the truth and are determined to enlighten the ninety-five percent."

"The Nation teaches that Supreme Mathematics and Supreme Alphabet, a set of principles created by Allah the Father, is the key to understanding humankind's relationship to the universe."

[close]

Why would you copy and paste and change eighty-five to ninety-five? What a weird route to be a dickhead. The original link does not have ninety-five percent listed. I'm not defending any belief system here, but you took a stretch and I'm calling you out on it.
[close]
Interesting catch but 95% with 10% chosen is what the Wikipedia page said as of Monday night. I know this because the iffy math was called out on Gifted Hater's twitch stream before any of the 5 percenter stuff was posted in this thread. I assumed the increase to 95% was an olive branch to try interest other cultures in getting involved. This is the problem with Wikipedia as a resource as I suspect it was edited and then edited back to show the correct values.

i don’t know that much about the five percenters but my thoughts

10% are chosen
the five percenters are half of the chosen and want to enlighten people
the other half is trying to keep the rest of the population (95%) ignorant

50% of the 10% (so 5% total) are bad guys, the other 50% are the five percenters (good guys)

the bad guys do not consider the five percenters as the chosen and vice versa, but both groups make up the 10%

maybe the article is just poorly written

idk i might be reaching but it kinda makes sense to me

lol at whoever implied that five percenters are black supremacists

edit: i see that the article was changed but if there are indeed 10% of the bad guys and they want to keep 85% of the population ignorant do they just want to let the five percenters to do their thing either way? i might just be dumb but my theory makes more sense to my small brain
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 12:27:52 PM by roba »
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #753 on: January 26, 2023, 12:27:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

i don’t know that much about the five percenters but my thoughts

10% are chosen
the five percenters are half of the chosen and want to enlighten people
the other half is trying to keep the rest of the population (95%) ignorant

50% of the 10% (so 5% total) are bad guys, the other 50% are the five percenters (good guys)

the bad guys do not consider the five percenters as the chosen and vice versa, but both groups make up the 10%

maybe the article is just poorly written

idk i might be reaching but it kinda makes sense to me

lol at whoever implied that five percenters are black supremacists
Not reaching, you’re one of the few logical people in this thread. The 5% are the righteous poor teachers of Allah.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #754 on: January 26, 2023, 12:32:13 PM »
Not reaching, you’re one of the few logical people in this thread. The 5% are the righteous poor teachers of Allah.
Poor Righteous Teachers (see Golden Era Hip-Hop group), but yeah, exactly. Love the Coburn/Leone nod.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #755 on: January 26, 2023, 12:37:37 PM »
Backing PRT: sooo damn good.

They get into the mathmatics: give a listen.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #756 on: January 26, 2023, 12:43:02 PM »
King skateboard s

alexander glownig

• Rep: -10
« Reply #757 on: January 26, 2023, 12:46:36 PM »
how they view it is 10% is the evil elites of the world, the white devils or fake jews or whatever.  they're the 5% self described righteous black man who's aware of the tricknology and trying to wake up the rest.
i forget which wu or wu affiliate says the line 'i fear for the 85 who ain't got a clue' [meth maybe?] but that's what the line refers to.
the godbodies was a jail/prison gang in nyc based off this religion on the streets. i'm not sure why they went away/lost popularity but grand puba, lord jamar, it was a lot of rappers besides wu who were part of it.
or 'make those devils cower to the caucus mountains' is supposed to be the white devils that yakub made being exiled to russia.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #758 on: January 26, 2023, 12:57:13 PM »
“Five Percenters believe that the original inhabitants of the world were Black (which they refer to as the "Asiatic Blackman" and believe had inhabited the earth for "66 trillion years") who ultimately descended from the Tribe of Shabazz, while the White race are evil "devils" who were created 6,000 years ago on what is today the Greek island of Patmos by a 'rogue bigheaded scientist' named Yakub (the Biblical and Qur'anic Jacob) who was of the Meccan branch of the tribe. After the Whites attempted to rise up against their creators, they were exiled to the caves of "West Asia" - what would later be known as Europe. The Yakub origin story is the basis for all Five Percenter racial understanding.[72]”

you aren’t exactly proving them wrong yakubian devil

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 404
« Reply #759 on: January 26, 2023, 02:05:52 PM »
I've been reading the last 3 pages of this as if Desus & Mero were saying it on the old pod and it's making it even more enjoyable of a time. TEACH THESE DEVILS.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #760 on: January 26, 2023, 03:44:39 PM »
how they view it is 10% is the evil elites of the world, the white devils or fake jews or whatever.  they're the 5% self described righteous black man who's aware of the tricknology and trying to wake up the rest.
i forget which wu or wu affiliate says the line 'i fear for the 85 who ain't got a clue' [meth maybe?] but that's what the line refers to.
the godbodies was a jail/prison gang in nyc based off this religion on the streets. i'm not sure why they went away/lost popularity but grand puba, lord jamar, it was a lot of rappers besides wu who were part of it.
or 'make those devils cower to the caucus mountains' is supposed to be the white devils that yakub made being exiled to russia.

It was indeed Meth who rapped that verse. It was in Raw Hide from that ODB album.

A few years ago, I witnessed a speech from a 5% member and actually that was really chill and cool. Kinda like going to church on sunday. But the thing is, well yeah the majority of 5%ers have dark skin. They don't view themselves as a religion, there may be a few religious elements here and there, sure.

But they are not pro-black or anti-white. You can even join them if you are Christian, Jewish or whatever else. They don't partake in hate against religion. The color of your skin also doesn't matter to be a part of the 5%ers.

English isn't my first language, but I gave my best to explain this. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings either.

With all that said, I think I am not the target group for this brand and I am not too big on the name. But if the deck is on sale and I like the specs, why not. I mean, the graphic will be gone anyway after a few minutes on the flatrail. 
IG: @flowterspace

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #761 on: January 26, 2023, 04:24:26 PM »
I don't get the hate. From what I've read of the 5% stuff, it's very positive. The RZA has a couple books that go into some of it.

It's not a terrible graphic and if it really means something to Nak, I'm all for it.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

alexander glownig

« Reply #762 on: January 26, 2023, 04:45:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It was indeed Meth who rapped that verse. It was in Raw Hide from that ODB album.

A few years ago, I witnessed a speech from a 5% member and actually that was really chill and cool. Kinda like going to church on sunday. But the thing is, well yeah the majority of 5%ers have dark skin. They don't view themselves as a religion, there may be a few religious elements here and there, sure.

But they are not pro-black or anti-white. You can even join them if you are Christian, Jewish or whatever else. They don't partake in hate against religion. The color of your skin also doesn't matter to be a part of the 5%ers.

English isn't my first language, but I gave my best to explain this. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings either.

With all that said, I think I am not the target group for this brand and I am not too big on the name. But if the deck is on sale and I like the specs, why not. I mean, the graphic will be gone anyway after a few minutes on the flatrail.
maybe not in what you read but in practice, very black supremist. prime minister farakkhan as well.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #763 on: January 26, 2023, 10:10:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Islam=worst religion
Nakel=worst person

Perfect fit
[close]

Hey, can you fuck off? Thanks

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #764 on: January 27, 2023, 01:34:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i changed nothing, i guess someone corrected it after i posted it
wiki has its flaws but how dumb would it be to quote it and change it

To be honest, i realized after i posted that later in the article the numbers were different (and correct).
I just found it funny with the Supreme Mathematics reference.
We can't take that seriously, with how historically wrong it is
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:02:52 AM by BALARGUE »

fernando the skater

• Rep: 112
« Reply #765 on: January 27, 2023, 01:46:28 AM »
They should stick sober Antwuan Dixon on as token old guy/legend.

alexander glownig

« Reply #766 on: January 27, 2023, 07:40:41 AM »
i just realized that kevin 'the god' taylor is likely one of them. he's from philly which is full of black muslims like dark lo and ar-ab. and who else would go by 'the god' or allow others to call him 'the god' unless it was 5% stuff? nobody. i'll likely never buy a king board but i'd watch a new kt part if they put him on.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -437
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #767 on: January 27, 2023, 08:05:44 AM »
I’m confused, do people actually believe this insane shit or is this some weird self help cult thing like scientology

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #768 on: January 27, 2023, 08:06:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Islam=worst religion
Nakel=worst person

Perfect fit
[close]

Hey, can you fuck off? Thanks
[close]
Islam is the worst religion. Any organized religion is the worst religion. My aunt converted to Islam to marry my uncle. She went from being this awesome independent person to a submissive woman. Since they divorced and she went back to not being Muslim I see huge smiles on her face and she’s having fun again.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #769 on: January 27, 2023, 08:08:29 AM »
i just realized that kevin 'the god' taylor is likely one of them. he's from philly which is full of black muslims like dark lo and ar-ab. and who else would go by 'the god' or allow others to call him 'the god' unless it was 5% stuff? nobody. i'll likely never buy a king board but i'd watch a new kt part if they put him on.

KT is from pittsburgh einstein

cky enthusiast

« Reply #770 on: January 27, 2023, 08:12:15 AM »
a lot of white people feeling persecuted in here

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #771 on: January 27, 2023, 08:16:24 AM »
Would be cool if they gave Tyre Nichols a pro board and gave the proceeds to his family.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #772 on: January 27, 2023, 08:18:32 AM »
I’m confused, do people actually believe this insane shit or is this some weird self help cult thing like scientology

“Do people actually believe this insane shit” could be said about every religion ever, this is not all that weird in comparison IMO.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #773 on: January 27, 2023, 08:23:53 AM »

Ever have a random 5% person screaming at you threaten to kill you calling you a white devil? It's not fun.

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #774 on: January 27, 2023, 08:42:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ever have a random 5% person screaming at you threaten to kill you calling you a white devil? It's not fun.
i'm willing to bet $5 you are in fact a white devil

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #775 on: January 27, 2023, 08:43:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think if you are genuinely bummed on that its more a reflection of your insecurities

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #776 on: January 27, 2023, 09:16:01 AM »
NYC rappers taught me all this 30 years ago. Anyone learning all this along with Sifted Grater is definitely screwed.

You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 165
« Reply #777 on: January 27, 2023, 09:18:52 AM »
Not only did he wait til the end of the year he also had footage stacked over the years which yes that’s the old way of doing stuff but he stacked all that footage and waited til the end of the year to drop it to win SOTY. Mark Suciu lost to Milton and filmed 3/4 parts in a year to win. Tyshawn wants to win a third SOTY it’s just gonna be lame to see him film a ton these next few years and then come out with an obvious SOTY push.
Pretty sure his manager called Louie and told him something along the lines of “You should sit on the rest of your footage till next year…”
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #778 on: January 27, 2023, 10:56:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i think if you are genuinely bummed on that its more a reflection of your insecurities

How dare you feel insecure about being threatened!
EKWENSU OCHA

cky enthusiast

« Reply #779 on: January 27, 2023, 11:11:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

those aren’t 5%ers they’re black israelites and if you take it personally you’re a little baby- sorry.