Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 164754 times)

HeapsCool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #1020 on: March 11, 2023, 07:05:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

He has mastered the art of getting covers that need context. Who's gonna measure the distance this time?
[close]

context is overrated when you can flatground kickflip that high. They shot it next to that bench so you could see how high the flatground kickflip truly is.
[close]

This is it, right?
[close]

This is a sick photo and does a much better job of depicting the gap that the skater is clearing but the grizzly grip really ruins it for me
[close]

I was eating at a cafe the other day when a 50-something guy walked by outside wearing a flatbill "GRIZZLY" ball cap.

bet you were wearing a singlet and dickies and drinking a half strenght hemp milk cortado. Let middle age men live. The coolness is in the fact they don't give a fuck. Or maybe he was holding onto an idea of youth and hiding a bald spot and caring alot. Either way, don't need your small orange beanie bound brain snearing at the masses. For you are what you hate.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #1021 on: March 11, 2023, 07:11:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

He has mastered the art of getting covers that need context. Who's gonna measure the distance this time?
[close]

context is overrated when you can flatground kickflip that high. They shot it next to that bench so you could see how high the flatground kickflip truly is.
[close]

This is it, right?
[close]

This is a sick photo and does a much better job of depicting the gap that the skater is clearing but the grizzly grip really ruins it for me
[close]

I was eating at a cafe the other day when a 50-something guy walked by outside wearing a flatbill "GRIZZLY" ball cap.
[close]

bet you were wearing a singlet and dickies and drinking a half strenght hemp milk cortado. Let middle age men live. The coolness is in the fact they don't give a fuck. Or maybe he was holding onto an idea of youth and hiding a bald spot and caring alot. Either way, don't need your small orange beanie bound brain snearing at the masses. For you are what you hate.

exactly. you butt hurt elitist are showing your insecurities.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #1022 on: March 11, 2023, 07:13:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

This is it, right?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn man got me. Then I soy-faced.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

vinithebr

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1023 on: March 11, 2023, 07:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Fat Bill out there getting covers now!
[close]

Reading the thread from recent to old got me thinking this was the actual cover

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #1024 on: March 30, 2023, 09:42:58 AM »
That top graphic is truly hideous. Also semantics but they got the Kobe quote wrong  ::)

https://www.kingskateboards.com/products/tyshawn-2timer-deck

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1025 on: March 30, 2023, 09:57:06 AM »
That top graphic is truly hideous. Also semantics but they got the Kobe quote wrong  ::)

Yeah i was going to say the same thing about the top graphic lmao. Not too bad of a bottom graphic though. It definitely could have been a lot worse. We all have talked to death about how Tyshawn is full of himself so there isn’t much to add in that regard.

Could someone post the original photo of Jordan that this rips off? I’m having trouble finding it right now.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #1026 on: March 30, 2023, 09:57:30 AM »

When I checked on this quote my initial reaction was "oh whateverrrrr" but it seems they got it right on the Instagram post about it, which makes me think it was a typo.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1027 on: March 30, 2023, 10:04:41 AM »
Did Nak get bumped down to am yet?
I can see tyshawn not adding too many more people as to not take the spotlight off himself which is pretty funny.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #1028 on: March 30, 2023, 10:11:44 AM »
Also I just checked the comments and it looks like the artist isn't happy about not being credited.

ejazzle

• Rep: 78
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1029 on: March 30, 2023, 10:13:12 AM »
somehow this guy is making nyjah board graphics look good

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #1030 on: March 30, 2023, 10:16:37 AM »
For being so self-aggrandizing, his bloards/graphics, website, brand, team, and website are all surprisingly low-effort.

somehow this guy is making nyjah board graphics look good tolerable

Let's not get carried away.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

ejazzle

• Rep: 78
« Reply #1031 on: March 30, 2023, 10:24:55 AM »
For being so self-aggrandizing, his bloards/graphics, website, brand, team, and website are all surprisingly low-effort.

Expand Quote
[close]

Its lowkey kinda sad. I feel like in his eyes everything he's doing is "king shit" but in reality its budget as fuck. Good on him though for starting something. I just don't think he's got the mental capacity of someone thats the same age but grew up in more traditional fashion. At least he looks like he's having fun and enjoying life. 

EDIT: just looked at the recent nyjah boards and dear God are they bad. But there's actually some sort of effort behind it
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 10:31:56 AM by ejazzle »

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #1032 on: March 30, 2023, 10:26:07 AM »

Are you surprised? He has undeniable talent but his presentation after his first SOTY has been sloppy. He’s a jock skater who seems like it’s below him to clean up a trick he makes first or second try.
Remember when he didn’t clear the picnic table then went back and toe dragged it on IG?

djoekr

• Rep: 298
« Reply #1033 on: March 30, 2023, 10:28:16 AM »
That top graphic looks like something you'd get when buying a custom deck from a redditors Etsy shop.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1034 on: March 30, 2023, 10:28:51 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Its lowkey kinda sad. I feel like in his eyes everything he's doing is "king shit" but in reality its budget as fuck. Good on him though for starting something. I just don't think he's got the mental capacity of someone thats the same age but grew up in more traditional fashion. At least he looks like he's having fun and enjoying life.
Disorder boards look bad, but bad via a lot of effort

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #1035 on: March 30, 2023, 10:38:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah i was going to say the same thing about the top graphic lmao. Not too bad of a bottom graphic though. It definitely could have been a lot worse. We all have talked to death about how Tyshawn is full of himself so there isn’t much to add in that regard.

Could someone post the original photo of Jordan that this rips off? I’m having trouble finding it right now.

this?

btw did u guys know atiba knew Kobe?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #1036 on: March 30, 2023, 10:51:48 AM »
To me it’s just sad that he doesn’t respect what a board company is enough to try and make the company have some direction. Feels like tyshawn Jones skateboard company more than a company.

No Wave Comply

« Reply #1037 on: March 30, 2023, 11:00:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Are you surprised? He has undeniable talent but his presentation after his first SOTY has been sloppy. He’s a jock skater who seems like it’s below him to clean up a trick he makes first or second try.
Remember when he didn’t clear the picnic table then went back and toe dragged it on IG?
Yeah, I actually have been surprised by how bad it's all been because I'm talking about the King brand as a product and business, not his actual skating. Don't mistake my surprise for disappointment though, as I was never looking forward to this venture. Talented skaters aren't always the best businessmen and company owners.

Tyshawn can afford (I'm assuming) to hire a designer or consultant for King, but he can't hire someone to skate for him.

I do remember his picnic table redo being just as sloppy as the first make, yeah.

To me it’s just sad that he doesn’t respect what a board company is enough to try and make the company have some direction. Feels like Tyshawn Jones skateboard company more than a company.
100% THIS
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 11:24:46 AM by No Wave Comply »

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #1038 on: March 30, 2023, 11:02:10 AM »
It’s gotta be crazy exciting for tyshawn to see his hero get his second AOY.  He should buy all 250 to show his support.

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1039 on: March 30, 2023, 11:04:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this?

Because I’m not familiar with the photo, and I’m high from paint fumes.. on first glance I thought that was a photo of someone taking a shit while holding a trophy.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

No Wave Comply

« Reply #1040 on: March 30, 2023, 11:06:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this?

Atiba knows every Laker and Laker fan and he's not shy about letting everyone else know that he knows them. He recently posted a photo of him and Flea paling around at a game. At least it wasn't with Anthony "Child Brides Are My Thing" Kedis though.

Because I’m not familiar with the photo, and I’m high from paint fumes.. on first glance I thought that was a photo of someone taking a shit while holding a trophy.

That would be great. Casually droppin' a deuce while holding a championship trophy. Now that's a 2-timer.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 11:26:43 AM by No Wave Comply »

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #1041 on: March 30, 2023, 11:08:30 AM »
I have not looked at the website since the first board was released, but I'd say the website is coming along - at least there is an empty apparel section now. Nothing wrong with taking things slow.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1042 on: March 30, 2023, 11:10:25 AM »
Is that really Kedis’ nickname or are we being hyperbolic
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #1043 on: March 30, 2023, 11:12:22 AM »
For his next graphic it will be an artist representation of him blowing himself. Can’t wait.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

No Wave Comply

« Reply #1044 on: March 30, 2023, 11:15:24 AM »
Is that really Kedis’ nickname or are we being hyperbolic

That would be so amazing if it was really his "official" nickname and he owned up to dating and impregnating barely legal teenagers.

Quote from: Anthony "Child Brides Are My Thing" Kedis
Doo-doo dingle zing a dong bone
Ba-di ba-da ba-zumba crunga cong gone bad

No Wave Comply

« Reply #1045 on: March 30, 2023, 11:20:20 AM »
I have not looked at the website since the first board was released, but I'd say the website is coming along - at least there is an empty apparel section now. Nothing wrong with taking things slow.

No disrespect, but in this day and age, that's super slow and ill-advised if you're gonna offer soft goods with hard goods. Looks pretty amateurish. They should have had all the product ready from the jump, even if that meant delaying the launch of the brand.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #1046 on: March 30, 2023, 11:22:08 AM »
For his next graphic it will be an artist representation of him blowing himself. Can’t wait.

And the artist will be uncredited. 

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #1047 on: March 30, 2023, 11:32:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this?

lol yeah, not jordan, goes to show how little i know/care about basketball

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Skateboardenjoyer

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1048 on: March 30, 2023, 11:39:43 AM »

It looks like a primitive board non skaters buy at zumiez

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #1049 on: March 30, 2023, 11:45:45 AM »
literally takes zero effort to edit his caption and tag the artist. such a bad look having hundreds of comments tagging the guy saying to give him credit. this shits been doomed before it started.