Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 164990 times)

Allen. and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #1050 on: March 30, 2023, 12:41:00 PM »

Because I’m not familiar with the photo, and I’m high from paint fumes.. on first glance I thought that was a photo of someone taking a shit while holding a trophy.

Oh he's "working on something" alright. 

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1051 on: March 30, 2023, 12:42:47 PM »

my thoughts on this company

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1052 on: March 30, 2023, 12:53:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Because I’m not familiar with the photo, and I’m high from paint fumes.. on first glance I thought that was a photo of someone taking a shit while holding a trophy.
[close]

Oh he's "working on something" alright. 

Fuckin’ now that’s a champion!
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Snappyfingers

• Rep: 41
  • AW YEAH
« Reply #1053 on: March 30, 2023, 01:33:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

He has mastered the art of getting covers that need context. Who's gonna measure the distance this time?
[close]

context is overrated when you can flatground kickflip that high. They shot it next to that bench so you could see how high the flatground kickflip truly is.
[close]

This is it, right?
[close]

This is a sick photo and does a much better job of depicting the gap that the skater is clearing but the grizzly grip really ruins it for me
[close]

I was eating at a cafe the other day when a 50-something guy walked by outside wearing a flatbill "GRIZZLY" ball cap.
[close]

fixed it for you guys

Those Cariumas tho….
AW YEAH

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #1054 on: March 30, 2023, 01:38:23 PM »
Lame af that he’s just going to hold footage for the next two years to try to win SOTY for a 3rd time. I get holding your footage so you can come out with an amazing video part but to do it just to win a trophy is lame.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #1055 on: March 30, 2023, 01:45:45 PM »
the way the left side of the crown has parallel sides going to the point and the right side is slightly off parallel is driving me absolutely insane

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1056 on: March 30, 2023, 01:52:37 PM »
the way the left side of the crown has parallel sides going to the point and the right side is slightly off parallel is driving me absolutely insane
I think it's also the bottom line isn't level so it's just kind of dimensionally off. There's more space on the right then the left but the point is (relatively) centered with the bolt holes. If you cock your head to the right and look at it you can see the bottom line issue pretty easily.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

JoseCansnake0

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1057 on: March 30, 2023, 08:39:23 PM »
For his next graphic it will be an artist representation of him blowing himself. Can’t wait.

Hahaaaaa, epic man.

I was going to buy one for the collection, and when I saw it, and thought about it, I removed it from the cart. Couldn't do it. Still not sold out, apparently i wasn't the only one

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1058 on: March 31, 2023, 03:44:56 AM »

my thoughts on this company

i thought it would suck and it's even worse

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #1059 on: March 31, 2023, 03:59:12 AM »
What happened to the team promo or Zack part that were supposed to drop in Jan/Feb?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #1060 on: March 31, 2023, 04:14:59 AM »
Watch these not sell out.

ejazzle

• Rep: 78
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1061 on: March 31, 2023, 04:49:10 AM »
Lame af that he’s just going to hold footage for the next two years to try to win SOTY for a 3rd time. I get holding your footage so you can come out with an amazing video part but to do it just to win a trophy is lame.

Only two years this time? Last time it was 4. 4 years it took for him to drop those two parts last year.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1062 on: March 31, 2023, 05:42:09 AM »

but how else are we supposed to know who the skateboard king is?

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1063 on: March 31, 2023, 06:29:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

but how else are we supposed to know who the skateboard king is?

I think Ishod deserved multiple SoTY’s before Tyshawn.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1374
« Reply #1064 on: March 31, 2023, 06:31:58 AM »
What happened to the team promo or Zack part that were supposed to drop in Jan/Feb?

Think I saw that Zach is turning pro soon, so footage should be coming

IpathCats

« Reply #1065 on: March 31, 2023, 06:33:04 AM »
I made this argument against holding footy in one of the SOTY threads and people were not very receptive to it.

I still feel like holding footy for SOTY is lame though.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #1066 on: March 31, 2023, 07:16:02 AM »
I made this argument against holding footy in one of the SOTY threads and people were not very receptive to it.

Especially if you say its lame and wack and then do it anyways like TJ did this last year.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #1067 on: March 31, 2023, 08:12:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Especially if you say its lame and wack and then do it anyways like TJ did this last year.

My problem with the idea of TJ winning had less to do with holding footage than that his skating is very one dimensional.  He has a higher vertical leap/ ollie / pop than anyone currently it seems.  He does impressive tricks (from flat especially) and broke ground in that, so I totally got the first one.  The second one he utilized this specific set of skills in more places, and it was amazing in the same way, but it wasn’t anything I didn’t think he had after seeing what he had already been capable of, but still, it was impressive and I can understand the win.  For him to get it a third time, I don’t think it’ll be enough to just sit on three more years of the same genre of stuff, but who knows.   

When you think of the other two double skater the years, cole is very well rounded with a way deeper bag of tricks and NBDs (that aren’t just higher longer but combinations of tricks), and d way literally invented a new genre of skating with the whole jumping over ancient walls meant to stop invading armies. 

I don’t know if just compiling more years of the same will get him that third trophy, with his doo doo style, even if he saves five years but who knows. 

Side note it’s funny that I needed to look up who else got it twice because they weren’t egomaniacal dorks about the second one; could you imagine any other of the SOTY recipients treating the award like this jock goofball does?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #1068 on: March 31, 2023, 08:57:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My problem with the idea of TJ winning had less to do with holding footage than that his skating is very one dimensional.  He has a higher vertical leap/ ollie / pop than anyone currently it seems.  He does impressive tricks (from flat especially) and broke ground in that, so I totally got the first one.  The second one he utilized this specific set of skills in more places, and it was amazing in the same way, but it wasn’t anything I didn’t think he had after seeing what he had already been capable of, but still, it was impressive and I can understand the win.  For him to get it a third time, I don’t think it’ll be enough to just sit on three more years of the same genre of stuff, but who knows.   

When you think of the other two double skater the years, cole is very well rounded with a way deeper bag of tricks and NBDs (that aren’t just higher longer but combinations of tricks), and d way literally invented a new genre of skating with the whole jumping over ancient walls meant to stop invading armies. 

I don’t know if just compiling more years of the same will get him that third trophy, with his doo doo style, even if he saves five years but who knows. 

Side note it’s funny that I needed to look up who else got it twice because they weren’t egomaniacal dorks about the second one; could you imagine any other of the SOTY recipients treating the award like this jock goofball does?

SOTY isn't based on merit. It's basically an MTV award. Not saying it's not a great honor. But it isn't democratically based on skating.

switchfakie

« Reply #1069 on: March 31, 2023, 09:20:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

SOTY isn't based on merit. It's basically an MTV award. Not saying it's not a great honor. But it isn't democratically based on skating.

yeh people forget that if it truly was democratic, any local legend/park rat in california could win it given they have enough friends

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -62
« Reply #1070 on: March 31, 2023, 09:26:01 AM »
SOTY isnt a universal thing. Thrasher picks whoever they want that fits their narrative. It holds no value outside of what that brand thinks is cool.

Lots of skaters dont have one that should. lots of skaters that have one already are way more deserving of another than tyshawn.

Daewon has 1. Ishod has 1, Leo has 1, tony hawk has one, but tyshawn has 2??? Tyshawn is Danny Way/ Chris Cole good????

Rodeny mullen doesnt have any. HK, none. Jamie Thomas, tom penny, brandon westgate, louie lopez..... all have none but tyshawn has 2..

Shit means nothing. Its cooler to not have one and be one of the dudes we ask why and how about than to have 2.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #1071 on: March 31, 2023, 11:35:12 AM »

Yep. It's also not based on an analysis of tricks done, at what spot, at what level of difficulty, etc. If that was the case then might as well rename it the Dumb Data Skater of the Year.

BTW, I can't wait to see the Zach Saraceno graphic. Should be good for a larf.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1072 on: March 31, 2023, 12:00:39 PM »
the new TJ board is sold out already though but still lots of nakel boards available...

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1073 on: March 31, 2023, 12:20:22 PM »
SOTY isnt a universal thing. Thrasher picks whoever they want that fits their narrative. It holds no value outside of what that brand thinks is cool.

Lots of skaters dont have one that should. lots of skaters that have one already are way more deserving of another than tyshawn.

Daewon has 1. Ishod has 1, Leo has 1, tony hawk has one, but tyshawn has 2??? Tyshawn is Danny Way/ Chris Cole good????

Rodeny mullen doesnt have any. HK, none. Jamie Thomas, tom penny, brandon westgate, louie lopez..... all have none but tyshawn has 2..

Shit means nothing. Its cooler to not have one and be one of the dudes we ask why and how about than to have 2.

I'm with you on this. I'll even add Yuto to that list.

slimvanilla

« Reply #1074 on: March 31, 2023, 12:58:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yep. It's also not based on an analysis of tricks done, at what spot, at what level of difficulty, etc. If that was the case then might as well rename it the Dumb Data Skater of the Year.

yeah I have no idea which direction they'd go for a Zach graphic. given the fact that he really doesn't represent anything that they've promoted so far lol

ejazzle

• Rep: 78
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1075 on: March 31, 2023, 01:02:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Unfortunately your skating doesn't matter as much as hanging out with the "cool guy" thrasher clique does. I can't tell if I'm watching tyshawns stories on instagram or Thrashers stories anymore. This second SOTY win just confirms its not what you know its WHO you know. Never expected thrasher to hype up a skater that is on some next level jock shit.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1076 on: March 31, 2023, 01:03:31 PM »
burger king

No Wave Comply

« Reply #1077 on: March 31, 2023, 01:20:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
yeah I have no idea which direction they'd go for a Zach graphic. given the fact that he really doesn't represent anything that they've promoted so far lol

I have an idea so that it thematically ties in with what they've got going so far: Saraceno dressed in all black—beret, sunglasses, leather gloves and trenchcoat, combat boots, fatigues—fist in the air, gun in the other hand, and call it ZACH POWER.

It's either that or:
  • Saraceno with scepter, crown, robe, sitting on a regal throne in front of the downtown Los Angeles skyline a la the Natas 101 graphic.
  • a natural blank that just says "WOOD" on it.
  • a tall glass of milk.

Wait a sec. These would actually be amazing graphics.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 01:31:44 PM by No Wave Comply »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #1078 on: March 31, 2023, 01:25:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No Wave Comply

« Reply #1079 on: March 31, 2023, 01:26:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

ROTFLMFAO! Would gnar if I could.