Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 164721 times)

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #1080 on: March 31, 2023, 01:31:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

SOTY isn't based on merit. It's basically an MTV award. Not saying it's not a great honor. But it isn't democratically based on skating.
[close]

Yep. It's also not based on an analysis of tricks done, at what spot, at what level of difficulty, etc. If that was the case then might as well rename it the Dumb Data Skater of the Year.

BTW, I can't wait to see the Zach Saraceno graphic. Should be good for a larf.
[close]
yeah I have no idea which direction they'd go for a Zach graphic. given the fact that he really doesn't represent anything that they've promoted so far lol
[close]

😭

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #1081 on: March 31, 2023, 01:32:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

SOTY isn't based on merit. It's basically an MTV award. Not saying it's not a great honor. But it isn't democratically based on skating.
[close]

Yep. It's also not based on an analysis of tricks done, at what spot, at what level of difficulty, etc. If that was the case then might as well rename it the Dumb Data Skater of the Year.

[close]
yeah I have no idea which direction they'd go for a Zach graphic. given the fact that he really doesn't represent anything that they've promoted so far lol
[close]

What’s the wheelbase?

slimvanilla

« Reply #1082 on: March 31, 2023, 01:35:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I have an idea so that it thematically ties in with what they've got going so far: Saraceno dressed in all black—beret, sunglasses, leather gloves and trenchcoat, combat boots, fatigues—fist in the air, gun in the other hand, and call it ZACH POWER.

It's either that or:
  • Saraceno with scepter, crown, robe, sitting on a regal throne in front of the downtown Los Angeles skyline a la the Natas 101 graphic.
  • a natural blank that just says "WOOD" on it.
  • a tall glass of milk.

Wait a sec. These would actually be amazing graphics.
got a good chuckle out of me. hell ya ZACH POWER

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #1083 on: March 31, 2023, 01:35:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I have an idea so that it thematically ties in with what they've got going so far: Saraceno dressed in all black—beret, sunglasses, leather gloves and trenchcoat, combat boots, fatigues—fist in the air, gun in the other hand, and call it ZACH POWER.

It's either that or:
  • Saraceno with scepter, crown, robe, sitting on a regal throne in front of the downtown Los Angeles skyline a la the Natas 101 graphic.
  • a tall glass of milk.

[close]

[close]

😭

There needs to be a "Design Zach Saraceno's pro board graphic for King Skateboards" thread STAT.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

slimvanilla

« Reply #1084 on: March 31, 2023, 01:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

this is also amazing

slimvanilla

« Reply #1085 on: March 31, 2023, 01:54:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

It's either that or:
  • a tall glass of milk.

i tried my best lol

No Wave Comply

« Reply #1086 on: March 31, 2023, 03:09:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

It's either that or:
  • a tall glass of milk.

[close]
i tried my best lol

Awe. Poppa so proud!  :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 04:25:04 PM by No Wave Comply »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #1087 on: March 31, 2023, 03:18:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I made this argument against holding footy in one of the SOTY threads and people were not very receptive to it.

I still feel like holding footy for SOTY is lame though.
[close]

Especially if you say its lame and wack and then do it anyways like TJ did this last year.
[close]

My problem with the idea of TJ winning had less to do with holding footage than that his skating is very one dimensional.  He has a higher vertical leap/ ollie / pop than anyone currently it seems.  He does impressive tricks (from flat especially) and broke ground in that, so I totally got the first one.  The second one he utilized this specific set of skills in more places, and it was amazing in the same way, but it wasn’t anything I didn’t think he had after seeing what he had already been capable of, but still, it was impressive and I can understand the win.  For him to get it a third time, I don’t think it’ll be enough to just sit on three more years of the same genre of stuff, but who knows.   

When you think of the other two double skater the years, cole is very well rounded with a way deeper bag of tricks and NBDs (that aren’t just higher longer but combinations of tricks), and d way literally invented a new genre of skating with the whole jumping over ancient walls meant to stop invading armies. 

I don’t know if just compiling more years of the same will get him that third trophy, with his doo doo style, even if he saves five years but who knows. 

Side note it’s funny that I needed to look up who else got it twice because they weren’t egomaniacal dorks about the second one; could you imagine any other of the SOTY recipients treating the award like this jock goofball does?
[close]

sincerely fuck you on behalf of gwyneth paltrow and joseph fiennes mtv movie award-winning kiss in shakespeare in love (1999)

vinithebr

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1088 on: March 31, 2023, 03:46:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I made this argument against holding footy in one of the SOTY threads and people were not very receptive to it.

[close]

Especially if you say its lame and wack and then do it anyways like TJ did this last year.
[close]

My problem with the idea of TJ winning had less to do with holding footage than that his skating is very one dimensional.  He has a higher vertical leap/ ollie / pop than anyone currently it seems.  He does impressive tricks (from flat especially) and broke ground in that, so I totally got the first one.  The second one he utilized this specific set of skills in more places, and it was amazing in the same way, but it wasn’t anything I didn’t think he had after seeing what he had already been capable of, but still, it was impressive and I can understand the win.  For him to get it a third time, I don’t think it’ll be enough to just sit on three more years of the same genre of stuff, but who knows.   

When you think of the other two double skater the years, cole is very well rounded with a way deeper bag of tricks and NBDs (that aren’t just higher longer but combinations of tricks), and d way literally invented a new genre of skating with the whole jumping over ancient walls meant to stop invading armies. 

I don’t know if just compiling more years of the same will get him that third trophy, with his doo doo style, even if he saves five years but who knows. 

Side note it’s funny that I needed to look up who else got it twice because they weren’t egomaniacal dorks about the second one; could you imagine any other of the SOTY recipients treating the award like this jock goofball does?
[close]

[close]
sincerely fuck you on behalf of gwyneth paltrow and joseph fiennes mtv movie award-winning kiss in shakespeare in love (1999)

gwyneth paltrow is a lunatic

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #1089 on: March 31, 2023, 04:31:57 PM »
Zach with TJ and Nak
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1090 on: March 31, 2023, 04:46:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

That would actually be a dope Tyshawn graphic tho.

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #1091 on: April 01, 2023, 05:00:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No brainer
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1092 on: April 01, 2023, 05:52:03 PM »

This on a skateboard.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1093 on: April 01, 2023, 09:40:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

A lunatic with a breathtaking performance during her mtv movie award-winning kiss with Joseph Fiennes in Shakespeare in love.

Her balance of passion and humor is remarkable!

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #1094 on: April 01, 2023, 10:06:52 PM »
Tyshawn for soty if he backside flip table long ways with multiple angles, or more subway gaps tricks with no bond, at this point thrasher should erect a "trick of the year" the way china gaps went about, the documentary was pretty good though. similar to the carwash stuff happening, when that Alex guy did something on it

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1095 on: April 01, 2023, 10:11:17 PM »

This on a skateboard.

a team no longer deferred

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1096 on: April 01, 2023, 10:15:40 PM »
Expand Quote

This on a skateboard.

[close]

a team no longer deferred
fucking well done. gnars abound.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1097 on: April 01, 2023, 10:43:46 PM »
I’m Zach y’all, I’m Zacher than Zach and I’m Zach y’all
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

slimvanilla

« Reply #1098 on: April 01, 2023, 10:53:49 PM »

This on a skateboard.

this but it's zach, tj, and nak

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1099 on: April 01, 2023, 11:19:57 PM »
I would like to see a J Roc and The Rock Pile graphic for Zach
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1100 on: April 01, 2023, 11:57:44 PM »
Expand Quote

This on a skateboard.

[close]

was not expecting to find tiktoks of people thirsting over Zach when searching for photos of him
https://www.tiktok.com/@itsmayaspektor/video/6930425433582292230
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 12:05:36 AM by Nancy Chin »

Weededed

• Rep: 211
  • I never needed it..
« Reply #1101 on: April 02, 2023, 12:15:56 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #1102 on: April 02, 2023, 04:17:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Is that really Kedis’ nickname or are we being hyperbolic
[close]

That would be so amazing if it was really his "official" nickname and he owned up to dating and impregnating barely legal teenagers.

Quote from: Anthony "Child Brides Are My Thing" Kedis
Expand Quote
Doo-doo dingle zing a dong bone
Ba-di ba-da ba-zumba crunga cong gone bad
[close]

I like Antoine the Swan as one of his real nicknames/personas

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1103 on: April 02, 2023, 12:37:40 PM »
Expand Quote

This on a skateboard.

[close]

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1104 on: April 02, 2023, 12:59:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1105 on: April 02, 2023, 02:41:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was just watching some Thrasher stories and thinking about how bangin of a SOTY trip we would have got if Louie won.
[close]

We wouldn’t have gotten to see that fire Gary Rogers hooping tho. I was impressed.
[close]

I think an interview segment where Gary is playing basketball against the person he's interviewing and talking shit to them while doing so would be pretty good honestly.

I want my credit if you use this idea Gary.
I know you're at least lurking in this thread.
[close]

Careful bud, getting a little grandiose.
[close]

I dapped Gary up in Montreal, we're basically best friends now, I deserve as much.

Can you introduced me. I wanna get closer to that Joel Jr guy
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1106 on: April 02, 2023, 03:11:45 PM »
I just watched Zack skate for the first time because of this thread. He seems to me to be a not-as-cool version of Patrick O'Mara.

No Wave Comply

« Reply #1107 on: April 02, 2023, 04:31:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

No brainer

Zach Power > Zach Attack, but I like it.

This on a skateboard.

Another great one. This one is almost as great as “You aight white boy.”

I’m so proud of everyone. Keep ‘em coming!

Wish I could gnar. Oh man. These are making my day.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #1108 on: April 02, 2023, 05:11:49 PM »
I just watched Zack skate for the first time because of this thread. He seems to me to be a not-as-cool version of Patrick O'Mara.

Yeah I was gonna check his part out myself, but I know two people named Zack personally and I think I’m all zack-Ed out for now.

No Wave Comply

« Reply #1109 on: April 02, 2023, 05:18:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This one is arguably a better "Hip-Hop Spinal Tap" and I highly recommend if you haven't seen it:

Yeah, that's a good description. Saraceno also has to live down the fact that he turned pro for Illegal Civ.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is that really Kedis’ nickname or are we being hyperbolic
[close]

That would be so amazing if it was really his "official" nickname and he owned up to dating and impregnating barely legal teenagers.

Quote from: Anthony "Child Brides Are My Thing" Kedis
Expand Quote
Doo-doo dingle zing a dong bone
Ba-di ba-da ba-zumba crunga cong gone bad
[close]
[close]

I like Antoine the Swan as one of his real nicknames/personas

Yeah. That's cleverer than Sir Psycho Sexy. As a tween, I used really like how they captioned themselves as "Homesqueeze", "Homes", "Homey" and "Homeboy" on the back cover of Freaky Styley.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 05:29:02 PM by No Wave Comply »