Author Topic: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards  (Read 164936 times)

Wienerboy, kid99nyc, zahed, SwitchNollieHeel and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

sometimeperhaps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
Re: Tyshawn and Nakel’s board brand is called King skateboards
« Reply #1800 on: December 11, 2023, 04:46:15 PM »
Skate mental is constantly ripped on. I think the only brand universally hated more is Pizza or maybe Jart.

Plenty of others get called out for things.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #1801 on: December 11, 2023, 04:53:41 PM »
Skate Mental is literally a punchline here.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #1802 on: December 11, 2023, 04:55:35 PM »
Tyshawn kick flipped 145th on a Gino class photo board

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1803 on: December 11, 2023, 05:46:22 PM »
Where were you when Matt Beach got the boot from
Skate Mental, huh?

That brand is less useful than a pile of horse manure and most of us know it.

leafman4000

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1804 on: December 11, 2023, 05:53:37 PM »
Expand Quote
i dont disagree, just weird that slap seems to drill down on the "observable weaknesses" of king and kader and not say, skate mental and gino

im sure they could use unsolicited financial advice from a loser/losers too
[close]

That’s not been my experience. When the Gino/Asics collaboration was announced and their video came out, I recall many people here mocking it and  the whole “I’d rather see Gino push” silliness. Also, I’ve seen the phrase 'I could see him on Skate Mental' often used here to imply fading into irrelevance.

Wait is “I could see him on Skate Mental” not a joke like “ I could see him on Krooked” is?
I thought skaters were tough and got laid. Way off

prisoner223

« Reply #1805 on: December 11, 2023, 06:16:10 PM »
Expand Quote
i dont disagree, just weird that slap seems to drill down on the "observable weaknesses" of king and kader and not say, skate mental and gino

[close]

If Tyshawn had Gino’s push this would be a different discussion.

Seriously though, comparing skate mental and king is apples and oranges.  Skate mental is part of girl skateboards, right?  Then there is brad being later in his career, more focused on the brand then his career at that point and having clever ideas for art direction and such.  Even so, I’ve seen plenty of criticism over the years of skate mental.

In regards to kader and geno, ironically it’s pretty similar.  People definitely criticized Gino when his production was low, and criticized his career choices.

I personally was more annoyed by the people idiotically saying he was basically a business guru and making smart moves, when that was pretty obviously not the case.
Are you 2 years into a business degree or some shit? Why do you care so much about other people's money and "smart moves"?

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1806 on: December 11, 2023, 08:28:50 PM »
didn’t realize everyone on slap called education connection and got their business degree

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1807 on: December 12, 2023, 12:23:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

If Tyshawn had Gino’s push this would be a different discussion.

Seriously though, comparing skate mental and king is apples and oranges.  Skate mental is part of girl skateboards, right?  Then there is brad being later in his career, more focused on the brand then his career at that point and having clever ideas for art direction and such.  Even so, I’ve seen plenty of criticism over the years of skate mental.

In regards to kader and geno, ironically it’s pretty similar.  People definitely criticized Gino when his production was low, and criticized his career choices.

I personally was more annoyed by the people idiotically saying he was basically a business guru and making smart moves, when that was pretty obviously not the case.
[close]
Are you 2 years into a business degree or some shit? Why do you care so much about other people's money and "smart moves"?
@Newphone is the IRS auditor assigned to the Tyshawn case: he’s the very same dood that blew the lid of the Burnett case w/ the revelation that the guy was pulling down mid six figs w/o even being a landlord, so you know this case will be handled swiftly & with extreme justice.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #1808 on: December 12, 2023, 01:12:08 AM »
No way haha. Is this the same guy obsessed with Burnett's salary ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -248
« Reply #1809 on: December 12, 2023, 01:26:34 AM »
You guys are a little to excited about a shitty ass company called swim to act like your hate isnt at all racially motivated.

Kader > gino
Any terrain

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #1810 on: December 12, 2023, 01:29:46 AM »
You guys are a little to excited about a shitty ass company called swim to act like your hate isnt at all racially motivated.

Kader > gino
Any terrain

I dont care about either rn, does that make me racist or not? I am confused

shockpadsandwristguards

« Reply #1811 on: December 12, 2023, 01:50:52 AM »
Expand Quote

Kader > gino
Any terrain
[close]

Well by my logic you are not racist since you dont care about swim either. Its ok to not like or care about something new. Just rethink why you shit talk about one thing while something comparable to that is really ok to you and never the attraction of shit talks. 
You could argue that numbers was also talked down on here (never understood that the boards looked good the team was stacked id rather buy that than some nazi eagle anti hero board)

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #1812 on: December 12, 2023, 02:34:41 AM »

Would Criss Angel skate for Violet, Frog, or Glue

Probably Darkstar with Adam Dyet as his stunt double
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
« Reply #1813 on: December 12, 2023, 02:47:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Kader > gino
Any terrain
[close]

[close]

Well by my logic you are not racist since you dont care about swim either. Its ok to not like or care about something new. Just rethink why you shit talk about one thing while something comparable to that is really ok to you and never the attraction of shit talks. 
You could argue that numbers was also talked down on here (never understood that the boards looked good the team was stacked id rather buy that than some nazi eagle anti hero board)

you're either 16 years old or from the PNW

shockpadsandwristguards

« Reply #1814 on: December 12, 2023, 03:03:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Kader > gino
Any terrain
[close]

[close]

[close]

you're either 16 years old or from the PNW

Only old people respect a nazi eagle on a board (its just that DLX has the best wood) and get wet panties over another board company by two white dudes with an insane nbd creative direction.
You got me. Im 15 years of age.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #1815 on: December 12, 2023, 06:01:47 AM »
No way haha. Is this the same guy obsessed with Burnett's salary ?

I’m not obsessed, I jusy want media accountability and transparency.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #1816 on: December 12, 2023, 08:35:24 AM »
didn’t realize everyone on slap called education connection and got their business degree
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #1817 on: December 12, 2023, 10:08:02 AM »
Yes, people on Slap do also hate on Skate Mental and Gino but no one is making and maintaining 60+ page threads about them. There's a bias here and it shows.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #1818 on: December 12, 2023, 10:13:28 AM »
Yes, people on Slap do also hate on Skate Mental and Gino but no one is making and maintaining 60+ page threads about them. There's a bias here and it shows.

Hopefully dumb data can look into some of the longest negative threads and tell us if we’re racist. 

I don’t feel racist, but is that what a racist would say?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1819 on: December 12, 2023, 10:15:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lowkey education connection reference ftw
Those commercials are burned into my brain.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

OhioGuy

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1820 on: December 12, 2023, 12:18:05 PM »
Honestly, long threads going after TyShawn and whatsherface from FA is a bad look for SLAP. Guessing that the vast majority of posters here are white. And even though some can’t see it, they’re probably more critical to non-whites. That’s just cause society has brainwashed most of y’all (me included to an extent).

Idk, is there a 50+ page dedicated to Tony Hawk? 😂

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #1821 on: December 12, 2023, 12:34:33 PM »
Honestly, long threads going after TyShawn and whatsherface from FA is a bad look for SLAP. Guessing that the vast majority of posters here are white. And even though some can’t see it, they’re probably more critical to non-whites. That’s just cause society has brainwashed most of y’all (me included to an extent).

Bam Margera and Biebel had bigger threads than both of these.

There are more examples.

That Beatrice thread is just sad though I agree. Just seems like pointless bullying. At least Bam and Biebs were genuinely hilarious.

As for TJ. He's a legend but his company is farcical. Of course people will comment on how bad it is.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #1822 on: December 12, 2023, 12:36:06 PM »

Yes, but let’s not act like those threads aren’t rife with diversions into cast iron pans and many other avenues like that.

Also, white idiots like Mikey Taylor and Pirate Boy usually get lumped into Lame Instagram posts, but I guarantee Mikey has been the most lambasted person on here in the past 5 years

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #1823 on: December 12, 2023, 01:10:16 PM »

Birdman has been hated on for damn near 40 years at this point.  it's only recently hes become so beloved, if you can even say that.  you just started skating last year

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1824 on: December 12, 2023, 01:31:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Birdman has been hated on for damn near 40 years at this point.  it's only recently hes become so beloved, if you can even say that.  you just started skating last year

Its funny because im older and when i bring up skateboarding people tend to bring up tony hawk and i have to remind them he made multi millions off a video game and not his skateboarding

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #1825 on: December 12, 2023, 01:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Lowkey education connection reference ftw
Those commercials are burned into my brain.

Free max b
I can still hear that lady slipping into a Jamaican accent during the bridge of the song

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #1826 on: December 12, 2023, 01:42:28 PM »
The idea that this thread has racism in it probably comes from the logic that running a garbage brand with bad graphics where his friends say a bunch of dumb shit isn’t really worth a 60 page discussion. It’s literally the same thing Nick Trapasso did.

I think TyShawn is sick but he’s not one of my favorites. I wish he skated a wider variety of obstacles tbh. Thing is I often find myself defending him on Slap because I totally see the dog whistles some of the Pals throw out. At worse TyShawn is materialistic and a bit smug, but people put extras on him like he’s some kind of “corporate thug” swindler. It’s really not that serious.

Same with Beatrice. Although I think her criticism is a lot more fair because of her lack of skill, some of y’all are acting as if you’ve never seen an unqualified person get a job before. Your hatred of her helps drive her social media engagement literally making Beatrice one of the more popular female pros…which is the opposite of your fucking goals which is for her to just fade away. Dumbasses, but whatever lol.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 04:13:54 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

Maurice46

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1827 on: December 12, 2023, 01:47:02 PM »

Arguing that over 50 pages of discussion on a skater's brand failure is too much discounts the importance of Tyshawn and it seems strange to ignore that fact and dive straight into implying racist intent. A lengthy back in forth would seem normal to me for someone of his significance.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #1828 on: December 12, 2023, 02:07:47 PM »
The story to me is that one of the best skaters who ever lived quit the biggest team in the sport at the absolute height of his career, in order to start his own skateboard company which hasn't even got a deck on the wall at any skate shop I've been to.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #1829 on: December 12, 2023, 05:16:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Its funny because im older and when i bring up skateboarding people tend to bring up tony hawk and i have to remind them he made multi millions off a video game and not his skateboarding

Why do you think he thanked THPS fans and not The End fans in the credits